FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Playing?

+52
Undisputed
MaxiJohn2011
Hisoka
Skitzo-phrenick
IWroteASongForYou
Artorius
Dax
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
SpaceWheeler2.0
UnfortunateBountyHunter
xraineyesx
Lara
thecolorisred
JohnChristopher
Buzzwulf
Ethereal
quakernuts
EverMan
Spectre
Cypher
Capfalcon
Descent
Weiss
YenWen
Bird of Hermes
Falciferum
Blackrock
Loki
Aiswari Cara
Shekinah
Sighlent
Hello Danger
Zovo
Game Over1375
Sunwolf007
osacredxo
ImmortalSin
ravenroses
Ragter the junior greeter
LunarScorpio
Gadreille
HawktheThird
Fate Flyer
The Melancholy Spirit
Captain Goose
W. R. Prescott
Deadman - D17
Squall Reyes
Stion Gyas
Silvan Arrow
Anemone
Kalon Ordona II
56 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What Are You Playing? - Page 4 Empty Re: What Are You Playing?

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm currently playing Pokemon SoulSilver, though lately I've been getting the itch to play more of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for the Wii. I played the original Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube, loved it, and beat it several times. I'm on my second playthrough of DotNW, and, while it's not as good as the original, I still love that it's in the same game universe with most of the original characters (except my favorite...grrrr...).

@Weiss: I LOVE Kingdom Hearts II! That's another game I would play over and over again if I had the free time.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm

I actually played D&D:O during the beta testing stage and loved it. However, I ended up not playing on the full release for particular reasons. The other day, however, I found out from a buddy of mine that it was made free and simply had special content reserved for paying customers, which made me quite interested in the prospect of giving the game another go.

So, if anyone else decides to play, give me a holler.

It looks like a good game. It took all night and day to download though. I did create a character and I like it so far from the introduction.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Capfalcon Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 pm

RE: DDO
I've gotten about halfway through the level grind until I decided that, while it's a fun game, it's much more focused on parties than other MMOs. It... technicaly possible to get to the level cap without grouping, but it's going to take you a really long time to do so. And I really don't like grouping with people I don't know, so... it's sitting on the hard drive back at home.

Right now, I'm playing The Void. It's... artsy. Really well made, but really artsy. It's beautiful and haunting. The mechanics are unique. If I had to give someone a reference point for it, it would be... Okami set in a grey world where color is the lifeblood of everything, but it constantly slips out off your fingers into the cold nothingness of the Void.

It is from the school of thought that tutorials are for weaklings and that REAL gamers tear the correct decisions from game's cold, dead hands. I've already had to reset to an ealier save a few times because I rendered the game unwinnable by wasting resources.

But, it's a really good survival horror game, so I keep coming back. Even though it's a brutal slog at times.
Capfalcon
Capfalcon
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:33 am

>_>

I'm playing Magic Knight Rayearth and Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon ~ Another Story on Chody's modded PSP. They freaking rawk and I never knew they existed! > 3<

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:40 pm

I started playing Harvest Moon: ToT for the Wii. I get teased a bit when playing it, but my brother and I love the series. Sometimes I get tired of fast paced, high stress games and crave a casual, relaxing game to take the edge off my day.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm

If I'm honest, Final Fantasy 13, but since I'm disappointed by the game I dropped it and started to play Oblivion, but that one hasn't really catched me just yet either...
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Here's my characters for DDO:

Windwake - Human Ranger (Arcane Archer)
Windwalk - Halfling Bard (Warchanter)
Server: Khyber

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm playing the Firewalker DLC for Mass Effect 2 on Insanity difficulty.

I'll say this: There's a reason it's called "Insanity" difficulty, and if it doesn't come up in the "3 People vs. The Entire Freaking Galaxy" gun battles of the actual campaign, the Hammerhead segments introduced in Firewalker definitely remind you why it's the highest difficulty level in the game.

First, though, a little background. In Mass Effect 1, you had the Mako. And everyone who has ever played Mass Effect 1 knows about that abomination of gameplay. Those who don't: The Mako was ME1's vehicle segment. It was used for exploring and prospecting on unsettled, hostile or frontier-type planets, and it was horrible. The vehicle was run using two controller sticks (X360) with one controlling the camera and turret (containing a machine gun and cannon, respectively), or the Mako could be aimed using one stick, which was what was more commonly found. I think. (ME1 is on loan to someone else right now.)

The Mako couldn't turn, though, without you releasing the throttle, which made it very difficult to take sharp corners at speed. Which brings in the boosters; which allowed the Mako to "hop" a short distance into the air and (when timed correctly) turn sharply in midair, a technique which I perfected.

The Mako segments were clunky and boring and difficult to control, but it had one advantage over the Hammerhead in ME2: survivability. The Mako had both shields and separate armor segments that had to take a certain amount of damage before it could be destroyed and you saw the "Mission Failed" screen. And if you had to, you could just back up and use some handy-dandy Omnigel (which, if you were like me, you had in spades) to patch yourself up good as new.

The Hammerhead...

Well, the Hammerhead uses the same regenerative health system that was used on foot (see: Yahtzee's "Thumb Sucking Regeneration" Complaints), but it doesn't have anywhere near as much fortitude as its cousin the Mako. The Hammerhead has no shields, no segmented armor and no Omni-Gel to rub on the armor like soothing ointment to make everything all better. Its hop is also increased to an Air Jordan-esque leap 40-odd feet into the air, which takes all of one second, and then drops it back to earth in about half an hour. Also there's a forward boost function, which is only useful for running the hell away from what's shooting you.

Combine this with Insanity difficulty - a difficulty level designed for testicle-grinding, bone-rending, soul-crushing unforgivability in which hordes of enemies with high powered rapid fire weapons are hurled at you until you manage to shoot enough of them in the face that they decide to run back to mother or you have to respawn because you've been pounded into hamburger by their bullets, rockets, energy beams, mortars, slingshots, fists, whatever. Yes, I know that was a massive run-on sentence.

You now have a recipe for NPC griefing. The Hammerhead can handle about four bullets before it explodes, which is difficult when four enemies are shooting at you in concert. Also, instead of the Mako's "F**K YEAH INFANTRY KILLER" tank cannon, you get a little rocket launcher which does a pitiful amount of damage and precious little area of effect damage. This leaves you with nill defensive capabilities and only the barest in terms of offense.

In short: I die. A lot.

Haven't played Kasumi's DLC yet because I'm poor. Sue me.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:04 pm

WAS playing:
Mass Effect 2 for the third time through, XBox 360
Aliens Vs. Predator
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Final Fantasy xiii

But i got the Red Ring of Death during a Bad Company multiplayer match a few days ago D:<

so now I'm Playing:
Final Fantasy: Tactics [psx] for the umpteenth time xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 pm

I am currently playing FFX. I loves it, lots and lots.
The four I use are Lulu, Auron, Yuna, and Tidus (mainly because of his slowaga and hastaga).
I am at the part where you fight sin, and have to beat the shiny parts on his arms, then fight the pod thing on his back.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:55 pm

I LOVED FInal Fantasy X. Just wait until you unlock all of Yuna's summons. She'll absolutely destroy everything you fight. It's the only Final Fantasy game I've actually gotten around to beating.

I'm still plugging away on Pokemon SoulSilver. I finally got all 16 gym badges, so now I get to level-grind like mad to beat the last boss.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Lol, I agree with you Cypher. That thing was so weak, my grandma on a wheelchair killed more than that thing did.

What am I playing? Well, it sort of switches.

Singleplayer: Mass effect 1 and 2
online: battlefield BC 2

*Warning: Mega-nerdout ahead! Cover your eyes*

alright, for those of you who think COD is better than BC 2, I will hit you with repeated predator missile glitches, unlimited UAV glitch, camp in a corner for the entire match, scream with a high pitched voice for an hour over the mike, and complain about what everyone else in the game is doing. That pretty much sums it up for me there. For once, feel free to hate me. Twisted Evil

Call of Duty: Modern What-the-Fuck 2
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 am

Bad Company 2 is pretty sick, I love it! Beats Modern Warfare 2 by far.

Singleplayer-wise, I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2, it's fucking amazing is all I have to say.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:05 am

Houston, we have an erection.

I'm being given my friend's old 360 he gave to his girlfriend, who never plays it. Hows that for luck?

Then i can resume my BF: BC2'ing. When i get this.. I'll probably be asking all you folks saying you're playing BC2 for your gamertags, because i'm a dork like that. <.<
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:40 am

I don't have BC2, but I'd be glad to give out my XBox Live GT to anyone who wants it.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:14 am

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:24 am

Drawn to Life on DS. It's fun Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 am

I just kicked Dead Space's ass, and it was amazing. That game does not apologize for being hard, is all I have to say for it. If you're like me, and you like to do things the hard way, you don't even touch the plasma rifle. I went through the damn thing on hard with a pistol and a line gun, and I loved every bone-crunching 8 hours of it.

Now, in my never-ending quest to kill my game characters in gruesome ways, I'm moving onto Ninja Gaiden: Black.

I'm poor and play old games. Sue me.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:54 am

I'm playing The World Ends With You to DS right now. It's a great game, but then Square Enix knows how to make great games. Smile RPG of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun May 09, 2010 11:27 am

Crusader Kings. It's fucking deep and complex, that's all I can say. You basically lead a dynasty and have to secure its survival by wars, diplomacy and political marriages. The world map (spanning Europe, parts of Africa and the Middle-East) is very detailed, like Medieval Total War's, but on steroids. It's also historically accurate, at least at the starting point, from then - the AI decides. You can play it in multiplayer too., for some epic kingdom building and challenge. Did I mention it doesn't require a state of the art graphics card and is only 300 MB or so large?

Overall, great fun for people who are into Paradox type games.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 5:17 am

I've been playing GTA: Chinawars on my DS. Yesterday I drove a taxi around a lot, picking up patrons and driving them to their destinations. I also bought and sold some drogs. It is a lot of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnChristopher Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:49 am

Pokemon FireRed for my handheld section (soon to be some DS game) and Dragon Age: Origins and Splinter Cell: Conviction for the Xbox. Pokemon is fun because I just got it and am getting back into the series, Dragon Age is my RPG for the...I don't know, month, maybe, and Splinter Cell is a great series that just got better.

JohnChristopher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Last week I had the good fortune to borrow a PS3. One of the games I borrowed along with it was Valkyria Chronicles. I beat it in 6 days, barely.

And then I got my hardcore-gaming siblings to sit down and watch the whole thing from start to finish. All the scenes without the battles. Took 5 hours.

Awesome game!!

heart heart heart 's for Selvaria

I loved all the voice acting!!
Dave Wittenberg (Kakashi from Naruto) plays the main character! xDDD
And Kari Wahlgren (Raine Sage from Tales of Symphonia) is the narrator! heart
And there's STEVE BLUM, too!!!! Headbang
And Liam O'brien (Gaara from Naruto), playing a minor character.
And some other major people that I can't remember or haven't heard of before.

Gameplay is like Fire Emblem but with real-time combat, and it's guns instead of swords. There's more to it, but that'll give you the gist.
So yeah, great stuff. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:58 am

I'm currently playing Fallout 3 on the 360. Again.

I like going through the game slowly on the hardest difficulty and being my usual packrat self, but also taking my time as I wander through the country side and explore ruins. I like to role-play a bit in the game, thinking what might character might think as I take in the sights, try and feel like I am actually there.
There is a spot on in the countryside where many of the burnt and broken trees are leaning over, near a few craters in the ground. The creators did a pretty good job of showing what the actual devastation of nuclear warfare would look like. I like traveling through that area and think about what my character would think about that scene. After all, it is 200 years after the war. He came from a vault. He doesn't even know what an atomic explosion looks like, I'm sure, nor the devastation it can do.

Yeah...that is kind of why I like rpg's so much, particularly ones like Fallout 3 and Morrowind/Oblivion. I can kind of put myself there. It is also why I can spend far too many hours playing it at a time without getting bored.

I was playing Final Fantasy XIII before I packed my xbox away. I haven't played it since, but I would like to once summer arrives. I've also been playing quite a bit of Nazi Zombies in Call of Duty: World at War. That little mini-game is so addicting! There is nothing more satisfying than blowing zombies to little bits. I only wish they would make an actual Nazi Zombies game (or whatever the want to call it). Have it just like it is in the mini game in COD: WAW, but make it fully customizable, like changing what round to start on, how the zombies behave after each round, what kind of weapons can be found on the map, etc. I find that I detest many aspects of the game, despite how enjoyable it is. I just wish I could change it to fit how I want to play it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:33 am

If you want a pretty intense experience, turn the lighting down on Left 4 Dead. Turn it down in the menu's in-game as well as your television, if you can. I like it so that the only thing I can really see is what is in my flashlight. Man is it awesome! And scary... There's nothing like a zombie running at you in the strobe-light effect of double-pistols!

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:07 am

playing Plants vs Zombies again. B)
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:52 am

My friend and I have been tag-teaming to play Ys: Ark of Napishtim for the PS2. It's an awesome RPG with fun voice acting and beautiful graphics, as well as a really addicting battle system. I can't count the times we've gone out with the goal of simply leveling up, just to look at each other and say "how about we stop after we get to 5000 gold?" just to turn to each other again around 5,000 and agree to keep going. Haha.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm playing "Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon" mostly. Slow game but a lot of fun. Rune Factory added dungeons and monsters to harvest moon. So it's a RPG too now. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 pm

I'm playing Pokemon Crystal on my Gameboy Color, as always. I never put that game down, I think.

And Battletoads. Gotta love old school NES.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by UnfortunateBountyHunter Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:30 am

What is my mind coming too? it seems that i've gone retro, literalloy ALL of the games i'm playing right now are at least 7 years old, most of these are rpgs

The game i'm playing the most right now is this old square psx rpg called parasite eve, and i like it, it's like this weird modern day rpg hybrid of running and gunning and rpg stats, you even get spells and stuff!

The game I'm playing the 2nd most is another rpg for a ton of systems from generations ago.it's called phantasy star online episode 1 and 2 plus (No that's not a typo) it was really one of the first online rpgs ever made, (Technically, the version I'm playing is an expansion, the original for the dreamcast could go ONLINE)

I'm also playing Final Fantasy 4 right now (Woot!) awesome, awesome rpg, it probably has my favorite storyline of any rpg ever, (even surpassing Final Fantasy 7's storyline)

I'm also playing Fire emblem: the sacred stones. Very fun tactical strategy game for when parasite eve gets too hard.

UnfortunateBountyHunter
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next