FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Playing?

+52
Undisputed
MaxiJohn2011
Hisoka
Skitzo-phrenick
IWroteASongForYou
Artorius
Dax
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
SpaceWheeler2.0
UnfortunateBountyHunter
xraineyesx
Lara
thecolorisred
JohnChristopher
Buzzwulf
Ethereal
quakernuts
EverMan
Spectre
Cypher
Capfalcon
Descent
Weiss
YenWen
Bird of Hermes
Falciferum
Blackrock
Loki
Aiswari Cara
Shekinah
Sighlent
Hello Danger
Zovo
Game Over1375
Sunwolf007
osacredxo
ImmortalSin
ravenroses
Ragter the junior greeter
LunarScorpio
Gadreille
HawktheThird
Fate Flyer
The Melancholy Spirit
Captain Goose
W. R. Prescott
Deadman - D17
Squall Reyes
Stion Gyas
Silvan Arrow
Anemone
Kalon Ordona II
56 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What Are You Playing? - Page 5 Empty Re: What Are You Playing?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. It's a good and fun game, but I've gotten stuck on a battle because I manage to break the judge rule all the time, and I refuse to finish a battle without getting the extra from keeping the judge law. (Those who have played will understand.) But I'm determined to win the battle...and I was so close today when the battery ended abruptly. Usually it starts blinking red and then does that from anything from 2 to 5 minutes. Now it did it in less than 30 seconds. ;_;

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Ouch, that stinks about your battery. Whenever my DS Lite starts giving me the red glare of death, I frantically scramble around for my charger before it goes out.

I'm back to playing Pokemon Platinum. While I love SoulSilver, most of my Pokemon for competitive battling are on my Platinum game, and I'm frantically trying to level-grind some of them to Lv. 100 so I can play against my new friends and kick their butts ^_^
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 am

Yeah, the DSi battery light first turns red and then first when it starts blinking red is it soon dieing. As soon as it started blinking I scrambled for the charger I had right in front of me, pushed into a wall contact in less than 30 seconds and when I turned back it...had already died. ;_;
I've decided that in some battles I'll take the breaking of the judge rule, but only when I have a lot of enemies that can confuse my own clan mates or possibly if they can make them go berserk a lot. Because during those conditions I lose control over my own clan mate, and depending on how far I've gotten in the fight...I might just charge on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:28 pm

I've been playing a lot of Nazi Zombies again (from Call of Duty: World at War). Man that game is so addicting...

I've finally figured out how to play the swamp level (the second release), and I've made it to level 21 twice on my own. And both times I killed myself from absolute stupidity, like shooting a zombie at point blank range with the ray gun (which, in case you didn't know, kills you too).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Assumes heroic voice.

"Two words, lonely writers. Deathspank! Or is that one..."

This game is seriously awesome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:41 am

Starcraft 2 at the moment. The campaign is fun, but overall it's quite meh. Dunno why people were so hyped up for it to be honest. Sure, there are some new features, new units, interesting missions that are not just "destroy the enemy base"...but, when you think on it - it's the same game as the original. 12 years was a long wait, you'd think they would introduce something new and revolutionary. But nah, SC2 is "just" evolutionary. Then again, Blizzard always claimed that they're sticking to the old formula, so I expected this all along.

Can't comment on how multiplayer is, as I'm playing as a guest on a friend's account (I'd never fork out 60 bucks for such a thing), but I doubt it's much different than the original. Overall, it's a good, even great game, but if it didn't have the "Starcraft" name, you could just assume it was any ol' RTS.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:05 pm

I've picked back up Legend of Heroes for the PSP. =)
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 pm

I have been playing Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords lately. When I first got it, it hardly worked on my laptop because of some functionality issue that tech support wouldn't confirm, supposedly with my nVidia NVS Quatro card. I played through the whole game once because it was really choppy (maybe a few frames per second at best). Now, though, I have my new laptop, which has no problem running the game at full speed. It's enjoyable, and I don't have to use cheats this time to compensate for the resulting lack of control from the low screen refresh rate.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days.

Please, save yourself the money and DON'T play this game.
--------------

Fable 2 however, is keeping me occupied. That is, until Mafia II comes out next week. [!!!]
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm reviving this a bit because I have a new, awesome game! I just got the Limited Edition of the new Medal of Honor for PS3. It's fantastic! I'm enjoying the campaign more than I did for Call of Duty: MW2. On top of that, the multiplayer just feels more epic than CoD does. The weapons sound like their real counterparts, and the shots echo across the maps. The sound effects add a very immersive feeling to the battleground, especially in the larger mountain/canyon type maps. Explosions and support options (airstrikes, mortar strikes, predator missiles) are also much cooler than the ones in CoD. The only negative aspect of Medal of Honor is that there is no split-screen play, so I can't play multiplayer with friends in the same room for 2-on-2 or 4-player free-for-all. I am so glad I got this game.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:34 pm

I haven't played Medal of Honor much, so I'll take your word that it's awesome! Very Happy

Recently the boyfriend introduced me to Alan Wake on the xBox. I'm not sure if it is awesome or not yet. There's long periods of not doing much, but some people are into the whole searching and collecting thing. (I just like shooting things, haha. JK.)

The storyline is really cool though. I very much like that aspect.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:54 am

I think Alan Wake was a really great game, as far as the story-telling aspect and triller approach are concerned. Some people whined about the 'horror' affect of the Taken wearing off too soon, but it made sense to me.

The game isn't horror, and it had a nice show of progressing from Alan, in the game, showing how things would get him freaked out or something at first and then not having much effect, if any, in that respect. By the show of progression, I mean it played well with how you as a player got used to it. And was realistic, to me. I mean, after all you are going to grow used to such things.

Anyway, not really playing any games at the moment.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 am

Absolutely agreed, Mel. I haven't finished it yet, but the Taken have pretty much ceased to surprise me, but I still get a thrill when the forest gets all black and windy or the ground shakes. I know something horrible is about to happen. I don't know what, but I know it's going to happen.

My major beef with the game is having to start over with the gathering supplies every single episode. *shrugs* I mean, it's not like you ever run into a situation where you need a weapon that they haven't presented it to you. But it's infuriating to not have enough ammo to succeed sometimes.

Otherwise, I really, really, really like the story of the game and am enjoying playing it. Destroying the Taken and other possessed objects as well as trying to follow the story has made it a nice way to pass a little time.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:14 am

Indeed. I know what you mean about the regathering of supplies. The only thing I can say in the defense of that is how Remedy worked in logical reasons why you are doing that (for the most part). But it does get tedious at the same time.

The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:17 am

I guess it makes sense for the game, but it is, as you put it, tedious. (And to me, infuriating at times.) It's one of the major downfalls of the game in my opinion. It doesn't ruin it by any means, but it makes it a bit repetitive in that sense.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 am

I definitely agree, although it never became an infuriating issue for me it was a decent annoyance.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:24 am

Well, you don't have my temper now do you? Haha.

I get a little bit annoyed with the just running around on errands sometimes, but it isn't really bad since it explains the story and fleshes out the characters. I actually really, really like the characterization even of the minor characters through the general interactions of Alan with them.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:29 am

Well, at least not as often? Or with certain subjects? I think I might borderline on it when it comes to music at times. Haha.

I'd agree with you there as well. It can get a bit much but at the same time it isn't the common drab of filler like it is in most games. I also really liked how most of the minor characters actually have rather large roles too, even if you don't realize that until later in the game. Smile
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 am

Yes, but my temper rolls over to EVERYTHING! Ha. JK. But you know what I mean.

Agree with you on all points. If it was just the normal dribble in most games, it would be a terrible game. But since everything is important to the plot for the most part, it makes it more interested. It's like playing a book, which is what they were striving for, I think.

Also, I don't get the coffee thing. I collect them, but what do they do? Or are they just for collecting?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:38 am

Hahaha. That I do.

Indeed. From the interviews I have watched with Sam Lake (the main guy at Remedy Entertainment) that is pretty much exactly what they were going for. Same company that made Max Payne & Max Payne 2. They've always been the kind of company that is more into delivering an awesome, interactive story than just a push-through the dribble game. Which, as you say, if it had been just normal dribble the game would be horrible. Thankfully it isn't though.

Honestly, I've no idea. I don't think I ever collected all of them to find out.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:41 am

Well, then, I would definitely say they've succeeded. I haven't finished it, as I've said, but thus far, I think it's a success.

I don't actively seek them out, but if I come across them while exploring I pick them up. But I can't figure out what the hell they do.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:44 am

Indeed.

That was what I did. And I don't believe that I ever picked all of them up. So, unfortunately, I couldn't tell you. :/
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 am

I know I haven't collected all of them, and the boyfriend didn't either, so this leaves me clueless about them. I don't even remember how many of them there are in the game. :/
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Thought I might just drop this on here. New game from Rockstar games (Red Dead Redemption, GTA series, Bully).

L.A. NOIRE
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by UnfortunateBountyHunter Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:44 pm

ima playin at the moment. Fallout 3, i got it for my birthday and played it for an hour and then put it down, but in november of last year, i decided to pick it up again and found that i couldn't stop playing it. i kept saying, one more location...

UnfortunateBountyHunter
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Pirates gets annoying at the top difficulty.

I am playing Europa III: Divine Wind. It starts in 1399, and continues to 1821, allowing you to conquer the world as much as you can. It is more complicated than Civ, if you guys have played that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:16 am

I'm re-playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the 9th time. The plan is to then subsequently use that data for my 5th play-through of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and THIS time... I'm gonna get EVERYTHING. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I can't believe I haven't noticed this thread sooner.

Alrighty, lately I've been geeking over the Shin Megami Tensai gaming series by Atlus. Right now I'm on my second play through of Persona 4. I've already played Persona 3 FES twice and the series has a weird way of making me look forward to the second play through more than the first. I guess it's because there's so much decision making in the game that you can get everything somewhat perfect the second time around.

Anyways, that's been my obsession lately. I'm also in the middle of Final Fantasy XII. I took a break from that temporarily until I'm done with Persona. I've also recently purchased Street Fighter Arcade Classics, which is the only fighting game I'm no good at. That's pretty much it on my end.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:I'm re-playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the 9th time. The plan is to then subsequently use that data for my 5th play-through of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and THIS time... I'm gonna get EVERYTHING. xD

I love that game. Actually, I love the entire Fire Emblem series up until the ones they've been releasing for the DS. =D Never got around to beating it though... I pick it up every once in a while and get just a little bit closer, but my determination to not let anyone die is causing me to make very slow progress. I'm pretty sure that I'm stuck on one of the final battles right now, as a matter of fact.

I'm not quite playing anything right now, but I do have Ys: The Oath in Felghana lined up for the PSP when I get around to it. =) I got it for Christmas but I've been trying to finish reading a few books before heading back up to school, so I haven't played many games. I also have Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Etrian Odyssey II/III lined up for school time, when my DS once again becomes accessible!

Of course, all of these sweet games has caused me to put Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP) on hold fairly indefinitely. Maybe it's because I've beaten the PS1 and GBA versions too many times to count, but this one just isn't holding my interest. XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 am

I've been on my usual Nintendo/SNES kick and am currently playing the fake Super Mario Bros 2. (I forget it's Japanese name, partially because it's like six or seven words. I know Doki Doki is in there, though.)

I can't say I know much about the Fire Emblem series, though. Or any of the other ones you've mentioned, Lara.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next