FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Playing?

+52
Undisputed
MaxiJohn2011
Hisoka
Skitzo-phrenick
IWroteASongForYou
Artorius
Dax
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
SpaceWheeler2.0
UnfortunateBountyHunter
xraineyesx
Lara
thecolorisred
JohnChristopher
Buzzwulf
Ethereal
quakernuts
EverMan
Spectre
Cypher
Capfalcon
Descent
Weiss
YenWen
Bird of Hermes
Falciferum
Blackrock
Loki
Aiswari Cara
Shekinah
Sighlent
Hello Danger
Zovo
Game Over1375
Sunwolf007
osacredxo
ImmortalSin
ravenroses
Ragter the junior greeter
LunarScorpio
Gadreille
HawktheThird
Fate Flyer
The Melancholy Spirit
Captain Goose
W. R. Prescott
Deadman - D17
Squall Reyes
Stion Gyas
Silvan Arrow
Anemone
Kalon Ordona II
56 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What Are You Playing? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Are You Playing?

Post by Colonel Autumn Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Dark Souls mostly lately.
Colonel Autumn
Colonel Autumn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:39 am

started playing dark souls this weekend.
Finding myself getting bored with it already :/
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 pm

I just beat Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (including the bonus puzzles). I have Golden Sun: Dark Dawn in my DS now, so next time I feel like playing something, hopefully that's it... XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 am

oh that's supposed to be a pretty good one!

But as an addendum to my last post. Dark Souls is starting to grow on me. I hated the clumsy controls at first but now i'm starting to get a hang of it. Just still feels like i'm controlling a fat 1970's robot with tank tread feet and tiny pincer arms. I'm only at 2 hours with it so we'll see how it goes... Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Finally started playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I'm just about to set out on my "first adventure" (aka I made it through the training storyline/have been playing for an hour-ish), and I have mixed feelings about the game. I'm definitely still going to play it, but there are a few technical things that I dislike.

- I don't like the way Djinns work in this game. I feel like it's an over-complicated system. I have to go to one page to see the Djinns I have available, but I have to go to the Psynergy page to see what shifting those Djinns around actually did to my abilities...I know there is another way to do this because I found it on accident, but they didn't explain this way in the tutorial portion. And even then, that "easier way" was still annoying because it doesn't tell you which Djinn are in "set" and which are on "standby" (or if it does, I can't tell the difference).

- I don't like the encyclopedia. As a whole, it's a great way to get info dumps out of the way or make them optional. But the sensitivity of the game must be off or something (maybe it's just my DS? I doubt it) because when I go to tap on the word to bring up the entry, half the time I don't hit it just right and the game progresses to the next dialogue box...and if you don't click on an entry, it doesn't enter your encyclopedia to go back to. And there's no way to "back up" in the dialogue (which would make this better).

- I don't like the way Psynergy works. Something about the controls in the game feels off for this, and considering Psynergy is the biggest part of the game practically, it makes it really irritating. For instance, I had to "move" a log. I could move the log left, right, or up. I hit the "left" button, and the log pushes down. I go around to the other side of it and push up, and it moves left. But the next time I hit "up", it goes up. Nothing was registering the way I wanted it to, and it wasted pretty much all my PP just trying to move the stupid log that was only supposed to take a move or two to get to the right place. Similarly, I also dislike how I can't keep "moving" something like in the first games. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but I recall being able to keep pushing if I really wanted to. In this, I can only move something one space - then I have to recast and move it one more space. Rinse and repeat. The last thing I dislike about Psynergy is how many steps it takes to cast something. Step 1 - select the Psynergy you want to use. Animation begins. Then suddenly...step 2 - select the thing you want to use the spell on. Even if there's only one thing to select. This wasn't even explained properly to me, because the first time I went to use Psynergy I just kept holding down the button, waiting for it to cast. It just feels awkward to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to this part.

I'm not overly fond of the "new, improved" graphics (character-wise, they seem almost flat)...but I'm also a huge fan of the GBA graphics. But these offer their own positives, all the same, and the scenery is great.

- On the note of graphics, I hate the new emoticons. ): They used to be these cute little faces that didn't look ridiculously out of place. Here, they're these MASSIVE THINGS that don't even make sense half the time...There's "happy", "super happy", "troubled", and "angry"...but the characters switch between them so rapidly that they're just annoying. A character would say something, then show a happy face, an angry face, and a troubled face one right after the other. How am I supposed to interpret that??

One thing I really like is that I can choose what emoticon I want to respond with...and that whatever choice I make influences the response. It's not like it changes the course of the discussion, but it's a neat little thing.

I'm looking forward to getting into the real storyline, since so far it's been something like "tutorial mode", so the story was weak in order to progress me through all the things I needed to learn. I'm interested in learning more about these characters.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:03 am

ARCANISTS!

Awesome game, I'm a big fan.

Most I can say here, it's very similar to worms… But with Wizards and spells instead. It's a very fun a quirky game made by Jagex/ Fun Orb (Jagex being the people who made Runescape)

Though despite the fact they have an atrocious, extremely hostile and childish community. It's a fun game and you can go straight forward and just mess about with fun or more powerful spells- Or apply tactics to your fights.

Theres a maximum 6 people per match, which can be divided into equal teams. There are a few different maps, time settings and best of all.

You can summon minions. It's free to play, with like all Jagex games- A Membership option which gives you a fuck load more spells and shit.

http://arcanists.jagex.com/

I recommend it for a fun, fast paced and unpredictable gaming experience. Theres nill commitment required, so it's the kind of game you can just hop into on a whim and play.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am

I've been geeking out and playing Pokemon White 2 since it came out on Sunday. I think I like it even better than Pokemon White, and it's pretty much the only thing keeping me sane this week.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 pm

I finally caved and got a 3DS a few weeks ago (a limited edition Fire Emblem console came out, and I fell in love...). I started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening a few days ago.

It's so difficult. My characters keep dying. ;-;
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Keileon Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 pm

I erratically play Pokemon White 2. Haven't picked it up in a while.

Currently addicted to Adventure Quest. ^^;
Keileon
Keileon
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.zejroleplaying.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 am

I love Pokemon White 2 but haven't played it in a long time. Too much other stuff to do...

I started playing Final Fantasy X-2 this past weekend and am totally addicted! I've had the game for years, started a save file, and didn't do anything with it. Then I had a sudden itch to play and am having a blast! I enjoyed Final Fantasy X, so it's cool to revisit all the old familiar haunts and see how people have changed. Plus the battle system is really fun.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Keileon Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Oh right, and trying to get back into practice on Touhou... it's been so long. ;-;
Keileon
Keileon
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.zejroleplaying.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Picked up my controller and did another play-through on Mass Effect 3. With the new DLC the ending makes way more sense. It made the game replayable which is what they should have done in the first place. At least they greatly improved the multiplayer with the DLC. The new adjustments make the multiplayer way more fun and I really like the challenge score. It makes me want to play other characters that I don't normally use.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Red Dead Redemption.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7