FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chatterbox Thread

+28
LunarScorpio
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Nation
Tartra
Gabe
Squall Reyes
Artorius
Shadow Moonseye
Dio the Awesome
SpaceWheeler2.0
Hisoka
Sunwolf007
xraineyesx
Hello Danger
Eternity
Lara
pythia
Julian
Fate Flyer
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Gunneh
EverMan
Kalon Ordona II
The Melancholy Spirit
Gadreille
Loki
Kathryn Lacey
32 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Chatterbox Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Chatterbox Thread

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:15 am

Deadeye, that's wonderful that you've been more productive lately! If anything, I'm only as productive as I was the Monday after I moved into my new home. I've kind of just been taking things one step at a time. Yesterday was laundry day. Today, I will wash dishes because our dishwasher is too finicky to use. Before I moved, my love was just a bachelor, so it's to be expected that there are bachelor tendencies to be had like... not washing dishes regularly.... =3

On the plus side, we're going furniture shopping today! We have a whole house that needs to be furnished which amounts to about six rooms and an entry way which really only needs a coat rack of some kind. The only thing even remotely complete is what he's dubbed "the man cave" where his gaming consoles, video games, flat screen television, Blu-ray player, computer and computer desk, and manly, leather couch reside. However, I believe it could use some shelves. The ones on either side of his TV stand only hold A through a little over half of R where his video game collection is concerned ((yes, I alphabetized them, and when I came to series, I placed them in the order in which they were meant to be played)).

Anyway, back to the point which is you. If you truly want that feeling to last, it will. ^^_^^

Oh! Your signature is really spiffy! You should consider adding some purple to your avatar, too, to maybe tie them together better. =3

Artorius, well, actually, they don't have to be the exact same. While I love set-ups that so clearly go with one another, I don't really see a ton of appeal in them matching exactly. I think it's a little boring. I believe that if you could maybe find a similar piece of work by the same artist who did the art in your signature picture, you would be all set. Oh! Maybe you could find a piece that is wider than it is tall, and you could make your current signature your avatar, and make the new image your signature banner?

I don't think you should have to emulate me, by the way. It's simply a suggestion for aesthetic appeal. You can do as you like. After all, my set-up isn't perfect. However, as a minor example, if you look at my set-up, you can see that while they're clearly not the same photograph, they're both the same person ((yes, she's me)). The thing I messed up when making it was the font colour in my avatar picture. There's nothing remotely like it in my signature banner, and it just looks completely wrong. It was because I was trying hard to find a font colour that would be noticeable against the lighter background, and the one I used in my signature wasn't cutting it.

Even if you don't know much about photoshop, that's okay. We actually have a lot of people on FoG who are quite good with it. They make sets all of the time, and they're really decent. I believe all that would be required of you would be to give them the picture(s) ((a decent size so the one working the magick would be able to have something decent with which to work)) you would like to be used, and they can make magick happen. I'm clearly not one of them. While I do a quasi-okay job, I really am not very good overall.

Hisoka, ew... It's seriously called the "Indian Act?" Indians live in India.

Columbus: making idiots of people since 1492.

Wow... That's really terrible. I'm sorry that us whities have been such jackasses toward your race as a whole, but my race seems to be extremely good at that, you know? All we can do now is try to be the better generation, working with what the modern era gives us. I still think is really messed up that they built a strip mall on the graves of your ancestors, though. I hope they haunt that strip mall and put it out of business. >=( Then again, they probably have more important concerns in their spirit lives than screwing over disrespecting, white businessmen. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Yeah it is seriously called that Kathryn, there is even a minster in charge of Indian Affairs in Canada. Gotta love the fact such archaic terminology has survived well into the 21st century. But I suppose it's my government's British past and British Connections, you know how tradition bound those Limey's can be.

But what are going to do, at least me and the rest of the original inhabitants are being listened to right now. Mind you it took them long enough but better late then never as they say.

Well enough about such melodramatic affairs.

This morning I got my visa bill, I really should have more willpower. But when uber rare JDM parts are staring at me I lose all control, kinda like people at a weight watchers meeting when cupcakes magically appear. Note that was meant as a joke just in case someone takes it seriously.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:
Artorius, well, actually, they don't have to be the exact same. While I love set-ups that so clearly go with one another, I don't really see a ton of appeal in them matching exactly. I think it's a little boring. I believe that if you could maybe find a similar piece of work by the same artist who did the art in your signature picture, you would be all set. Oh! Maybe you could find a piece that is wider than it is tall, and you could make your current signature your avatar, and make the new image your signature banner?

I don't think you should have to emulate me, by the way. It's simply a suggestion for aesthetic appeal. You can do as you like. After all, my set-up isn't perfect. However, as a minor example, if you look at my set-up, you can see that while they're clearly not the same photograph, they're both the same person ((yes, she's me)). The thing I messed up when making it was the font colour in my avatar picture. There's nothing remotely like it in my signature banner, and it just looks completely wrong. It was because I was trying hard to find a font colour that would be noticeable against the lighter background, and the one I used in my signature wasn't cutting it.

Even if you don't know much about photoshop, that's okay. We actually have a lot of people on FoG who are quite good with it. They make sets all of the time, and they're really decent. I believe all that would be required of you would be to give them the picture(s) ((a decent size so the one working the magick would be able to have something decent with which to work)) you would like to be used, and they can make magick happen. I'm clearly not one of them. While I do a quasi-okay job, I really am not very good overall.

OH well thanks for the tip! Although I really do need a new avatar, it was more a placeholder than anything else.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 04, 2011 11:24 am

*pops in*

Oh.
Hi!

Surprised

Today, I need lots of caffeine...
Not for any particular reason, other than to get through work alive.
Soooo sleepy.

Sleep
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed May 18, 2011 8:53 pm

^ Twi'lek equal awesomeness.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Hisoka wrote: Yeah it is seriously called that Kathryn, there is even a minster in charge of Indian Affairs in Canada.

INAC. I work there. The reason it isn't changed to Native or Aboriginal has to do with land rights. That terminology suggests someone was there before someone else and there's enough stuff to deal with as is.

Also, I'm okay with the strip mall. It brings in a lot of much needed revenue.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu May 19, 2011 5:14 am

made this. didn't know where else to share it. ^^

Kalon Ordona II wrote:
WET PAINT

We get it, you don't like to be fooled.
You want to be responsible.

Whatever. Touch it.

We can all remember how un-fooled you were by this wet paint sign.

But really, you'll be sorry.

It's cool if you don't touch it, you know.
It could totally be dry, but you were smart and didn't test it.
Because it could actually be wet, like the sign says.

It's like a Big Red Button.
Or one of those doors that say Do Not Open.
Don't Open the Door.
Don't Push the Button.

Don't Touch the Wet Paint.

Or not. Do touch the wet paint.

Bet you will. Bet you'll do one of those.
That way, whatever you do, I predicted it.
So either you defy the warning and I predicted it,
Or you exercise common sense and I'm a mistrustful jerk.

I'm a paranoid prophet,
You're a noble idiot.

Suits me.

Just don't touch the wet paint.
Because seriously, I have a whole team of people keeping it wet.
Coat by coat of wet paint.
Just for you.
That's right, you.
The one I predicted will (or will not) touch the wet paint.

Fear my reverse psychology!

I dare you.

Go on, I dare you.
Not to touch it.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Haha, I like that!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu May 19, 2011 10:36 pm

*Adds a layer of wet paint so the sign is truthful*
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri May 20, 2011 2:00 am

That was a... GREAT POST!!! *does the awesome post dance*
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 am

Woot! Glad you all liked it! xD
All these lines just started popping off in my head one after another, so I rushed somewhere to write them all down. A little rearranging and editing later, and voila! ^^

I would so make a legitimate sign with this on it and put it up after painting something. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat May 21, 2011 2:51 pm

So, those of you who are in later timezones than I...has the world ended for you yet? Still goin' strong here.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat May 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Well California and B.C are in the same timezone so yeah still going strong here as well. Am eating lunch in fact, spicy ranch chicken wrap.

I wonder if this really is the end..........
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat May 21, 2011 3:13 pm

3:11pm in Tennessee, but apparently we've got till 6 and everyone knows that Jesus is on EST ^_^

P.S. That was a joke. Jussayin.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat May 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Smile

Jokes on us if the sun don't rise tomorrow, but considering I've survived two end of the worlds already, I'm thinking my chances of survival are pretty good Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat May 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah, the guy has actually done this before in the 90's. I didn't believe him then, either. xD
His theology is way off. He hasn't done the research, and neither has anyone who's listened to him. I'm amazed that Christians are falling for it.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat May 21, 2011 11:57 pm

I survived the rapture and all I got was this lousy shirt (though I much would have preferred the $100,000,000). I was hoping one of my neighbors would have lived a pure enough life so that I could have had first dibs. There is one house, but I think they may be on vacation. I'll give them 24 hours or until I see the first looter bold enough to start things off.

Amusing nonetheless.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun May 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Well, I think this is the third end of the world I've lived through. Bring on 2012!

Though, I think we should start getting worried...Harrison Ford is getting too old to save the world anymore.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:Well, I think this is the third end of the world I've lived through. Bring on 2012!

Though, I think we should start getting worried...Harrison Ford is getting too old to save the world anymore.

Thumbs Up "Like"

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Mon May 23, 2011 5:06 pm

I was preparing for the zombie apocalypse. Now I have all this spare ammo and nothing at which to shoot.
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 pm

2012 baby! I'm holding out for zombies then! ;D
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon May 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Oh my, I didn't even think of that... I should start stockpiling... well off I go! Time to stockpile all kinds of ammo, and automatic weapons
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Wed May 25, 2011 9:15 am

Hey, good news, in case anyone was still interested in that Indian/Native thing.

The Minister's title was changed from Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development to Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development. So there ya go. One problem solved.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri May 27, 2011 1:14 am

Now if only whitey would give my people a fair deal, nah just joking I find your women hot so it's all good....Besides we need whitey us other races would run out of punchlines otherwise.

Can't believe I played Black Ops three hours straight today, I'm ashamed of myself. And the noob tube users are going down so bad it'll be legendary.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 am

Um guys... a couple wise words. BUY DEMON"S SOULS NOW!!! I know I may be a little late to the party, but its AWESOME!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat May 28, 2011 4:16 am

I don't support platform exclusive titles like Demon Souls, it goes against the spirit of true gaming. I believe having to make some less fortune kid go without because they can't afford two platforms is just a dick move on the part of Developers.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun May 29, 2011 1:16 am

I suppose, but I don't see the problem with platform exclusives. In my opinion it gives some leverage to the system, which, lets face it, the PS3 was lagging way behind the Xbox 360 in sales. Plus, it was developed by Sony. Do you feel the same about Halo? Just wondering, not trying to stir anything up. Last, I honestly feel that Demons Souls is the epitome of the system argument. What it comes down to really in my opinion is east vs. west. DS is a eastern developed game, with eastern RPG mechanics, on an eastern developed system. Xbox does the same thing with Halo, a western styled shooter.

Anyways, I feel like I didn't make much sense at all -___-
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 am

I don't support the Halo Franchise any more then I support Demon Souls and I could care less about each platform's merits and downfalls. It is not Microsoft and Sony making platform exclusives games, it is greedy Developers hoping to get a little money under the table so to speak. Gaming has never really been about East versus West. Both compass directions have produced stunning games that will be remembered long after their heyday.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun May 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Well this is interesting lol. Axiom's mom just came downstairs and saw I was watching American Pickers on History. She asked if I liked it and then went on to talk about the people a little. She works with Mike Wolfe's girlfriend at John Deere (probably the biggest company in this area). She said that Mike and her are living together and have been together for over 15 years now, but they aren't really married yet. Axiom's mom also said that she met Mike on several occasions and that he is pretty full of himself and is kind of a player, and apparently he's been messing around on his girlfriend. His girlfriend though seems to turn a blind eye, since she enjoys knowing and being associated with celebrities.

One time, when Axiom's mom was hanging out with Mike's girlfriend (since they are kind of friends) at their condo in Le Claire, IA, she met Frank (the other guy on the show/Mike's sidekick). Apparently, Frank took a liking to Axiom's mom and was asking Mike about her and wanted to go out on a date with her, but that was right around the time his mom started dating someone else (the man she is with still today), so she wasn't interested.

I guess Mike was really well off long before the show, but now since his show, he is even more filthy rich, and he owns properties all over the place and knows a lot of other wealthy people in other states that he associates with, and his girlfriend is also doing really well, since she's an accountant over at John Deere corporate. They like to brag a lot, and that's how the conversations usually go when Axiom's mom and Mike's girlfriend are out on lunch together.

Kind of an interesting conversation with Axiom's mom.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm trying to help a few friends of mine (the two in the middle) hit 1,000 views on their "music video" for Ke$ha's song "Your Love is my Drug." My friend Billy (the one in the brown) made up the dance and it's a really funny video in my opinion. I'll provide a link for anyone that wants to help out with the views Very Happy Thanks, guys.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next