FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chatterbox Thread

+28
LunarScorpio
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Nation
Tartra
Gabe
Squall Reyes
Artorius
Shadow Moonseye
Dio the Awesome
SpaceWheeler2.0
Hisoka
Sunwolf007
xraineyesx
Hello Danger
Eternity
Lara
pythia
Julian
Fate Flyer
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Gunneh
EverMan
Kalon Ordona II
The Melancholy Spirit
Gadreille
Loki
Kathryn Lacey
32 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Chatterbox Thread Empty The Chatterbox Thread

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:40 am

hahah That's awesome. XD

BTW, what's the difference between roasted bones and cremated bones?

Loki, words and numbers are a bit different. Just because you're feeling low about not being as good with words as I am, doesn't mean you have to try to drag me down with numbers. I am fully willing to admit that math is not my strongest subject. In high school, I could never get above an A- in that category. It was sad. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

The Chatterbox Thread Empty Re: The Chatterbox Thread

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 am

I never claimed I was your equal when it came to words. There's been several instances where I stated my weakness with the details of the English language. tongue

And I'm not feeling low. It's been a good while since I found myself in the cross-hairs of your grammar rifle. I was expecting to slip-up sooner or later, especially with the way I've been tempting fate by bringing up the subject.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 am

Well, to sum it up, cremated bones are exposed to much higher temperatures, so the soft tissues burns away and the bones explode into tiny fragments. Those fragments are so hot the molecular consistency changes, making it seem like porcelain. The pieces look grayish, and get a squarish check pattern, which has to do with differential out gassing between the organic collagen in the bone as it evaporates.

Roasted bones, however, have a pugilistic response. The temperature causes tendons and ligaments retract so your arms and legs get all bent up. As the temperature goes up, you get smudging as the soft tissue turns to charcoal. As the smudging and charcoaling happens, the bone becomes warped and twisted so you get step and spiral fractures, much larger than the cremated tiny fragments.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 am

That and the teeth marks are a dead giveaway.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:59 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:hahah That's awesome. XD

BTW, what's the difference between roasted bones and cremated bones?

Loki, words and numbers are a bit different. Just because you're feeling low about not being as good with words as I am, doesn't mean you have to try to drag me down with numbers. I am fully willing to admit that math is not my strongest subject. In high school, I could never get above an A- in that category. It was sad. ._.

... suddenly I'm feeling even worse about the fact I could never get above a B- in math during high school... and all I took was Algebra 1A and 1B (and cheated my way through 1B!).

Though I also took Record Keeping my last term to avoid another generic math class... amazingly I was one of the top two students in the class. Technically we still cheated though since the paperwork was usually packets that were four-six pages of the same stuff with different names, numbers, forms etc so we split up the workload. Very Happy
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:04 am

Loki wrote:That and the teeth marks are a dead giveaway.

Lol. Not so much teeth marks as cut marks, bash marks (to get to the marrow), as well as lack of vertebrae in the archaeological record (vertebral stew, anyone?)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:08 am

Either that or a vertebelt. I dunno about you, but I would not mess with the guy who is wearing a spinal chord as an article of clothing.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:10 am

Your name goes on the report as soon as I find one Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 am

Ryona, that's actually really interesting. I love learning little facts that will likely be useless to me except in conversations where trivia facts are often brought to light. XD

Ew! Why eat the marrow? Is it nutritional or something? It seems like it wouldn't be very tasty... I don't like bones in my meat, though...

Melancholy, don't feel bad. I took Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, and Pre-Calculus ((one each year of high school)) because I knew that it would benefit me more to take one math class each year than only take the required two years. Of course, cheating wasn't something I did because I felt it was wrong. Plus... I cheated through one fourth of my pre-algebra class in eighth grade, and it got me nowhere.

Science is even worse for me. I never got about a B in those classes, and I only took the required two years because I could not have handled another year of math and science joyfully banding together to baffle my brain. ^;_;^

I like your new set-up, btw. In a very strange way, they work together. I really like staring at your siggy in particular because I always see something new when I look. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:15 am

The marrow has the most nutrition, but is hard to get to. It is why dogs chew bones until they break...to get the marrow inside. It's how many scavengers survive.

I'm not a physical anthropologist, so I can't give you a detailed account on what is in the marrow, but I know it is of vital importance to many animal diets, and human as well.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:27 am

@ Kathryn

I’ll freely admit I was a terrible student in school. I’ve never liked sitting in a class listening to lectures and doing boring, repetitive bookwork. I don’t learn anything that way unless the subject truly interests me. I did enough work so that I had decent enough grades to get the credits I needed to graduate. The only reason I had an A/A+ the entire time through Record Keeping is because I actually enjoyed what we were doing and thought it to be slightly interesting, plus what we did in that class was a life skill. I firmly believe it should be a requirement to learn.

Science, for me, wasn’t bad. But then I love science in general, so go figure. I could have done really well in English had I wanted to, but again repetitive work and the fact we spent most of our time on Shakespeare got to me; plus a decent annoyance/dislike of the English language in general. I’ve also always been the kind of person to blatantly ignore proper English rules in my writing if it pertains more toward the certain aesthetic I’m wanting. Essays I never did good on because I refused to use the restrictive Jane Schaffer format, and poems were the same way. I can write free form poetry, but not sonnets and such.

Overall, the classes I did best in were history. I only did half my work in my World History class but still passed with an A because I got near perfect scores on every test. Then again I new most of the stuff we covered to begin with thanks to a natural interest for history (and a father that got me interest in history at a very young age). Very Happy

Oh, our of the eight terms we had in total for high school… six of those I had physical education. Laughing Also was a T.A. for that class one term as well, at the same time of having it earlier that morning. There was never anything to do so it was like having the class a second time, except the only thing I did in the ‘second class’ was participate in the sports. My easiest class, by far, was T.A. for Metal Shop though. All I did was cut metal every day, more or less. And then hide the best stuff in certain areas of the shop so certain people could get it.

Yes… I’m a terrible flawed individual, I know.

Ah, thanks. Smile They are both pieces of artwork done by Niklas Sundin, who has done the album covers for so many bands I can’t even remember all of them anymore. Usually he has done the majority of their album covers at that. He is quite the talented guy. Graphic Artist as well as playing guitar in the band Dark Tranquillity since around 1989, and writing lyrics for them as well.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 am

Ryona, learning is so much fun. No wonder chicken bones are bad for dogs. Those ones splinter the easiest, and if a dog is chewing hard to get to the marrow, those splinters are going to end up rooted in the throat. =\

I guess human bones don't do that?

Melancholy, you may have enjoyed my English 9 and British Literature teacher had you ever had him. He didn't usually do the run-of-the-mill crappiness. He actually taught us, and we had a lot of class discussions and projects. We didn't just fill out multiple choice worksheets. We were always allowed to use our creativity.

In British Literature, when we were reading Beowulf, we had to do a project. He had a list of things we could do on a piece of paper we all received, but we could do something else for it if we wanted. I'm not overly creative, so I just rewrote Beowulf from another point of view. One girl wrote a song to the tune of "Heart and Soul," but the only line I remember is "Beowulf. Better than Lancelot... a lot... a lot..."

Another group did a mime where they acted out a condensed version of Beowulf.

He allowed the same creativity for the English 9 class I was in. He loves fantasy and Tolkien, and we had a dragon unit in which we read The Hobbit and had to do a project relating to dragons. I wrote a story ((seems to be my only strong point)) and sketched my story's dragon who I also named.

Of course... these days... the curriculum was tightened to include what the school wanted, and that basically fucked up everything. I don't think they read The Hobbit any more because they now have to read a school board approved book. It's retarded. I'm so glad I was in the graduating class of which I was a part... Everything went downhill after 2008's class.

No wonder they work well together if they're by the same artist. XD He has a very interesting style. I really like it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:06 am

Hmm, yes that sounds like something I could actually enjoy. I loved my 7th and 8th grade English classes because, more so the 7th. Our teacher was a very energetic, eccentric guy who loved creativity. It was a lot of fun and we were able to do a lot of creative writing projects so I did quite well in that class.

During my 8th grade English, which I didn’t actually like all that much now that I think about it, we had one particular project where we were supposed to do a creative writing project using an obituary form. Somehow, despite the fact I ignored the font size requirements and used a fancy cursive font instead of Times New Roman, I got a perfect grade on it. Was the only person who did… so that made the class rather memorable. I still have the piece, actually. Though looking back on it now it was terrible. Then again I think most things I write today are terrible as well, but that project is a good example to pull out from time to time and show myself how much I have improved since then. Because of that I sometimes wish I still had some of the stuff I wrote when I was around four or five for that purpose. Laughing

In high school though our teachers had to follow a strict curriculum and the only interesting thing I ever read during that time was Night. Though I am glad we read that because it was a very good book. My senior year wasn’t too bad because we had a good teacher that gave us a lot of group work and such things. She even let us go outside to work quite often, which was nice. From what I hear the school I went to has also gone downhill completely since after 2007’s class. And it had already dropped a lot since I was a freshman so that is really depressing to hear.

Indeed. Very Happy I was trying to find something that fit a little better for my avatar but most of them were really hard, or impossible, to completely crop the words of the band name/album title. At least just using paint… and with my less-than-amatuer skills.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 am

Looks like it is about that time everyone.

Good night. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:01 am

481-516-2342

Call me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:12 am

Somebody's looking for a booty call. Wink

lol!
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 am

Are you answering?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 am

Tsk, such risqué behavior!

Cmon, someone has to understand the number joke...

481-516-2342? Does anyone get it? ANYONE????
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 am

I don't get it... I was just thinking that I hadn't thought Silvone was dumb enough to give everyone his real phone number...

What's the joke?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:07 am

Don't worry, I've gotten it after a quick Google search, but the number doesn't seem to work anymore...
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 pm

4 8 15 16 23 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Okay... After Googling it, I know that I never would have understood it. I don't watch Lost.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:12 pm

Aw...too bad Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:24 pm

chatter chatter chatter chatter

Lol Above
Lookie! It's Chatter! In a BOX!
Laughing

lol, sorry; feeling random today. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:29 am

Takun is upset with my girlfriend this morning because she didn't give him a piece of banana for breakfast. Now he is pouting in the corner of his crate and refusing to accept the fact that we don't have any bananas...
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:58 am

Aww Smile

Sadie is weird. She doesn't like human food very much.

I don't know what to wear today. It's always jeans...I'm not comfy in anything else!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Aww. Poor Takun. Are bananas even all right for dogs to eat?

When I had Ipo, he didn't like people food after he stopped being a kitten. He used to beg things like tuna and turkey and cheese ((Velveeta was his favorite)), but once he became an adult, he just didn't like anything other than his dry cat-food. It was strange.

I'm in Utah right now, but Misery is at work, so I'm just chilling for a bit.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 pm

This is completely unrelated to anything you all have been talking about, but did you look at the fog banner thingy at the top of the page lately? There's a button above it, which reverses the colors of everything! My mind is blown.
I know this has probably been there for a while, I'm just a bit slow I guess.
Very Happy
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Actually it was just put there yesterday, so in fact, you are quite observant! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Ah! Everything is white and bright! :: changes back to default ::

Ah... Much better...

Kathryn Lacey