FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chatterbox Thread

+28
LunarScorpio
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Nation
Tartra
Gabe
Squall Reyes
Artorius
Shadow Moonseye
Dio the Awesome
SpaceWheeler2.0
Hisoka
Sunwolf007
xraineyesx
Hello Danger
Eternity
Lara
pythia
Julian
Fate Flyer
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Gunneh
EverMan
Kalon Ordona II
The Melancholy Spirit
Gadreille
Loki
Kathryn Lacey
32 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Chatterbox Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Chatterbox Thread

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:54 pm

My kill/death ratio for Halo: Reach firefight in matchmaking is "Infinity." Seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:06 pm

I only love Elvis because she did, which makes it that much sweeter and oh so painful. The way it was meant to be heard.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:25 am

It surprises me that this thread doesn't see more action.

It is way too early, I've been up all night, and I feel like... just posting about random little things! Guess I'm in the right place, huh?

... I need more coffee. -.-
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 am

Your in good company xraineyesx, I can't even remember the last time I had a decent night's sleep. The busted leg is still bothering me, but at least I can put weight on it which is more then I could have said a week ago. And the doc took off the cast, thing was itchy as hell. And now thanks to nearly a month and half of not using it my leg is all weak. I am going to have work out overtime to strengthen it back up.

Why do I find myself always having to go to the gym overtime. If it isn't a heal leg needed strengthening it's my arms and shoulders. Christ my physiotherapist bills alone are enough to make me consider becoming a couch potato......but I do love my abs and arms. I love every muscle in my body in fact. They impress the girls, let me do all the activities I love to do. But a harsher mistress there is not, unless you count native women......As a native man I'll warn you all....don't ever piss off a native woman.....unless you either entertain no desire to breed or have a death wish.....you know that saying hell hath no fury like a scorned woman......I swear to whatever god, goddess, or pet rock you want that saying was coined by a native chick.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:14 am

... I just wrote a huge post to you and now it's all gone, because my computer screwed up... and I'm furious... Grr.

Summary: coffee is good, I'm teaching my roommate/best friend German because our German professor sucks at his job, muscles don't make the man but they don't hurt, I hope your leg heals quickly, women are creatures made out of spite and hold grudges so it makes perfect sense they would make a saying like that - and keep their word, haha. And I never get a decent night's sleep. Insomnia strikes again. It's a quarter after four in the morning here.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Ich kann an das letzte Mal I nicht mich erinnern sogar benotigt, um Deutsches zu sprechen.

As any one can see, my German teacher did little better then xraineyesx friend's professor.

But then again how often does a high school dropout who works at a garage tuning cars need to speak German. If anything I need to work on my Mandarin and Cantonese seeing as half my customers speak one or the other.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:35 am

Ha, yeah, I can understand what you said, but it's like... okay? Sure?

And definitely. Learn what you need, then learn what you want. German, to me, is a wonderful language that I learned out of heritage. I grew up hearing my father speak a relatively bastardized version of German, and I've always had a passion for languages. I'm an English major but I would LOVE to be a linguist.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Shocked

LOOKIT ALL THE NEW PEOPLE!!!

-Ahem-

How's everyone doing today?
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Me feeling fine, mainly cause I got Hitomi to speak to me again.

As for languages the only two I will say I've mastered are Cree and to a lesser extent Japanese although I am quite terrible at kanji. The Cree is because well I am Cree and the Japanese because I have a bit of Japanese blood, My Grandfather was pure Japanese but everyone else in the old family tree is native. I also speak a bit of french mainly because being Canadian it is expected of me.

But honestly the only language I've ever really needed was English. I've been to a lot of places around the world and there was always people who spoke English. Learning a language for heritage sake is all well and good but in the end the amount of languages out there do little but divide us as race.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:17 am

Doing fine, and yourself?

Who's Hitomi?

Also, I've always said that, Hisoka. If I was to travel to someone else's country, naturally I'd learn a bit of their language first simply because I'd expect them to know English. It's just respectful. But there are very few countries that I could ever see myself going to that don't also speak English or have an English-speaking segment of the population.

I know English and German, a handful of French and a handful of Japanese. I was taking it as a class, but I dropped it for now because I just couldn't take Sensei's inane ramblings bright early ever single morning while learning nothing, though I do know the writing styles. Don't know how to say too much though.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Well my computer is back from the mad scientist and I now have reliable internet service.

Ladies and gentlemen, mainly ladies, it is my pleasure to finally be able to say...

Lucian's back to stay.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:08 am

Hahahaha, that made me laugh so hard. This is possibly because it's six am and I haven't had any coffee yet, but it's also possible it's just funny.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Get use to random egotistical and testosterone fueled posts because I'm known to go on my little 'trips'

Anywho, I look forward to catching up with old members like myself and meeting new ones. Now it's time to celebrate my return with an overdue Lucian concocted RP.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Hitomi is like the hottest Japanese girl ever xraineyesx. She works at the Sushi place about a block over from the garage I work at. I managed to get her to go out on a date with me a while back. We had Chinese, Pork something Buk Choy or something like that. Anyways she has a gluten allergy, a pretty bad one. I did not know this at the time. Also little did I know this pork dish had flour in it, apparently to thicken out the sauce if I remember right. As a result things went bad fast. She didn't talk to me for awhile, blamed me for nearly killing her. But lately she is talking to me, abiet in a tense manner but it's a step up.

Konnichiha Lucian-kohai.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:07 am

I'm the only one online! xD

The Chatterbox Thread - Page 5 Fog_on11
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Hm, no one ever calls me Kohai. It's usually Sempai.

Anywho, you should just apologize to her and once you clear the tension, ask her where she'd like to go to eat. The secret to a great date is to let the girl pick where to eat, and you pick the activity.

I always start with the classic dinner and a movie, and if there's time after the movie I like to go to an arcade place such as gameworks or dave and busters. Before the movie though, I ask her what she'd like to see, which she'll usually list off a few options, then I pick from that list.

I haven't quite mastered the art of dating yet, but I haven't done too bad for myself either. But yeah, you should give that a try after some serious butt-kissing and apologies, only if you really like her though. I usually don't go through all the effort unless I'm genuinely interested. Not only in looks, either.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Not that this really makes a whole lot of difference, but if she has a gluten allergy, and she knows it, shouldn't she be responsible enough for herself to make sure it's not in her dish?
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Good point... And then blame someone else for something she should be aware of...

On second thought... maybe you shouldn't apologize...
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 am

Ah. People with gluten allergies seem to go through these stories. I know a handful of them here at school... Hm. But I'm glad you got her to talk to you again. It is a step up.

And SpaceWheeler, that is an EXCELLENT point. If I was allergic to something, I would point that out to the guy before dinner.

Oh, and Kalon, I love that screenshot, ahahah.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:56 am

One of my friends writes Very Short Stories, and I just felt the supreme need to share this one with everyone because it's probably the best one that she's written so far...that I've seen.

I wish my memories were in color instead of black and white. It isn't enough to recall the gradient flush of your cheek fading into monochrome, a smear of quickly drying liquid at the corner of your mouth. It could be anything, but that was the night your dignity went missing, and if I could only remember what color it was I could post the flyers.
[A VSS, by KMC]
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 am

That is glorious, sir. Commend your friend for me.

I wrote 3000+ words for NaNo in the past 2 hours. Consider me accomplished. And tired. And going to bed. So that I can face theatre in the morning. And who, might I ask, thinks that it is appropriate to start any day with theatre? Grr.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:32 am

Lucian two things, There is only three people in the world I would address with the
Senpai honorific and secondly been a while sense I've seen the romanized Sempai.

SpaceWheeler2.0 you have obviously never dated Asian women before. Some of them tend to want you to do all the work, really do all the work. But it is worth it in the end.

And Hitomi is totally worth the absurd amount of ass kissing I am doing. She knows the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger without having to google it. She knows the proper ignition timing for my Evo VIII. She almost knows as much about cars as I do. Do you people have any idea how rare that is, a girl with whom I can talk about cars without using the blond version of the manual. If you asked me if I would prefer all the money in the world or a girl who knows cars I would pick a girl who knows cars every time.

And what's more she is smoking hot. And she looks like she could do a push up without fainting. So many girls these days having trouble lifting their lipstick tube let alone doing an actual push up.

But the whole grovelling thing is a bit much, could be worse. I could have accidentally killed her.

xraineyesx, you gotta take the sweet with the sour sometimes. You joined the theater so you gotta put in the hours. No pain no gain after all, we all must suffer for our art in the end no matter the canvas we choose.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:52 am

Hisoka, I do want to put in the hours. I don't have time for it anyway and I still do it, because I love it. I'm just not a morning person, and my director is the most pretentious person I know. We spend an hour everyday "warming up", which means we do some stretches and play children's games that he made up. And then we rehearse for a while. And then he talks out his ass about how talent doesn't exist and this stupid book that he SWEARS can teach you how to act, which is complete rubbish.

But I do love the theatre. I always have. My point wasn't that I didn't want to go, it was that I didn't want to go first thing in the morning, as I am very much so a night owl. And I don't do mornings. I'm not all full of spunk and energy.

And that aside, I can do a push-up. When I was in high school, we had to take all these tests and such and they ranked us in percentiles. I was more fit than 90% of American women. Don't know if I still am, but I'm certainly not unfit.

And... finally... cheddar Ramen is delicious when you're a broke college student.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:19 am

Like I said storm born maiden we must suffer for our art. Otherwise it would be bland and lifeless, much like American television and teen pop.

And cheddar....ramen......that is an insult to both cheese and ramen. Mind you that instant crap itself is an insult to scratch made ramen. What have you Americans done to Japanese cuisine.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:26 am

I didn't do anything to it. It's cheap. I'm broke. I live in a dorm. It's sustenance. Not food. And as far as nuked Ramen goes, cheddar is the best surprisingly enough.

Of course, dear Chaos. Art doesn't come without work. It wouldn't be art without the effort. I just think my director is a pretentious douchebag who doesn't know what he's talking about and is driving the theatre into the ground.

We need new sound/lighting, and we actually got a grant for it this year. Instead of replacing it, he decided to hire a professional actor from Pittsburgh to play Titus in Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus because the lead quit with almost a month of rehearsals still to go. He should have a) had an understudy, and b) called an impromptu casting call. This is an arts school in the first place.

So to sum up, he's a douche who spent all the theatre's money on a STUDENT PRODUCTION instead of giving another student a chance to play the role. I was at the audtions. There were tons of men trying out for Titus. He has their info. He could call them back and ask instead of hiring a ringer. And I'm very angry at him for this.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:05 am

Still...cheddar cheese on instant ramen noddles....isn't that what that Greek philosopher killed himself with it.....no wait that was hemlock wasn't it.

I just saw the ad for the KFC double down. Nothing like two slices of deep fried chicken with bacon and cheese between when you want to kick your heart in the ass. Anyone who eats this deserves to be neutered on the spot with a rusty knife. After all we can't let that kind of stupidity in the gene pool can we.This is the reason North America has childhood obesity problems, it should be a crime to sell this monstrosity. This thing has 1,700 mgs of salt in it for crying out loud, that is a shit load more then the daily recommended amount. This keeps up and the terrorists won't have to bomb us, they'll just have to sit back and laugh while enjoying a cold one.

My uncle taught me how to drift, and from what you tell me of this director he and my uncle would get along just fine. But as much as I hated my Uncle he did teach me pretty much everything I know about drifting.

And hell maybe he is just testing you all, my marital arts teacher use to do the same to me all the time.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:24 am

VVVV!
ffffff
VVVV!
ffffff
VVVV!
ffffff
VVVV!
ffffff
VVVV!
ffffff
VVVV!
ffffff...

...handsaw. ^^

xD

*ahem*

Anyway, whoa, cheddar on ramen, you say? I've never tried that...
That actually sounds pretty good.

Don't worry so much, Hisoka. These probably aren't actual ramen noodles. Just instant stuff. ^^ So no ruining going on. Except perhaps the reputation of the word 'ramen.' Razz

I make instant ramen lots of ways, since I use the ramen packages with the seasoning packs instead of the microwavable-noodles-in-a-cup variety. I cook up the "ramen" in a pot, in a frying pan... sometimes I eat it plain. ^^ I often add things to it like cabbage, eggs, and if I want something extra I'll throw in some chicken if it's lying around. I've never tried adding cheese. You'd think I might have thought of that by now. xD

Cooking instant ramen or top ramen or whatever the proper term is can be quite rewarding. In a frying pan, for example, you get more taste from the crispy noodles than you do from the seasoning pack. You basically break up all the noodles and then boil it in a shallow layer of water. After seasoning is added, the noodles taken out of the pan, and only juices are left, it's a good time to add some oil and sauté some cabbage/onions/peppers/whatever to add. ^^

If you have the noodles in a cup thing, though, that works too for cooking in a pot or pan. Just add water until it's soft, then boil or fry, add as you please, and there you go. ^^ Microwaving might be faster, but if you have time, noodles like this I think are fun to experiment with. Very Happy

*makes a note to try adding cheddar*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Kalon, it isn't cheddar added in. You buy it that way. It's a 'flavor'. And no, these are instant (and yes, Hisoka, I realize these are an injustice to the culture, but as I pointed out, I'm broke, in college, and have access to a microwave as a means of cooking anything, and they are cheap and nuke-able.)

And I add lots of things to my Ramen too. I can't stand it plain. I've put everything from crushed up cheese crackers in it to bacon bits. Shredded cheese, though, is very good, but the kind I was talking about comes as 'Cheddar Cheese' flavored Ramen.

One of my favorites ways it to make it on the stove with boiling water and whatnot and add the seasoning (sometimes not all of it, depending, since it's really bad for you). Then I drain it and add a bunch of Parmesan cheese to it and mix it up. Oh, you have to leave a little bit of water for the Parmesan to mix in well.

Oh, Hisoka, that is absolutely disgusting sounding. I hate fast food, and I hate eating instant Ramen. I grew up on all-natural, home-cooked everything including the meat we ate, so it actually makes me sick to eat a lot of processed stuff. I love being home and having REAL food. So yeah, kudos America, once again on being fucking disgusting and poisoning your bodies. And they wonder why heart disease and cancer and obesity are so prevalent. God.

As for my theatre teacher, I don't believe he is. I found out today that the lead in the play didn't 'quit'. Our theatre director basically told him to screw off and that no one in the theatre was worth a damn and no one could play the part to his satisfaction - so he hired a professional with the money that is supposed to be used to renovate the theatre, all while giving every male in the theatre a big 'fuck you'.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Hisoka wrote:Lucian two things, There is only three people in the world I would address with the
Senpai honorific and secondly been a while sense I've seen the romanized Sempai.

SpaceWheeler2.0 you have obviously never dated Asian women before. Some of them tend to want you to do all the work, really do all the work. But it is worth it in the end.

And Hitomi is totally worth the absurd amount of ass kissing I am doing. She knows the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger without having to google it.

Couple things. Firstly, I've been a member of this site long enough to earn a certain amount of respect.

Secondly, I've dated several asian women, none of which were any work at all. A good date once every few weeks was good enough to keep them around.

And lastly, you've obviously never been to Kentucky.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:10 pm

Look Lucian don't get me wrong if I wasn't so lazy I would use the san honorific or more likely the shi honorific since I know next to nothing about the vast majority of everyone here. But I am suppose I am enough of a westerner to think of the honorific more in their literal meanings then the actual context in which they are suppose to be use. Besides this isn't a dojo so I don't bother with the senpai honorific. And even if this was I wouldn't bother with it. And besides I only really bother with the titles when speaking Japanese as the older members of the Japanese part of the family tree are rather touchy about things.

By the way demanding respect is rather much don't you think so?

And no I've never been to Kentucky, I went to Georgia once though....The South doesn't agree with me. And frankly I am not into muscle cars or pick-ups so the south doesn't appeal to my tuner nature either.

And no the majority of Asian women aren't prima donnas. Though some of them are scary in their servile manner, kinda I love you but if you leave I will kill myself sort of thing.

Alright enough about the landmasses known as Asia.

I suddenly having a craving for natto, must be all the talk about ramen. And a desire to eat proper ramen to get the memory of the cheddar one out of my mind.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next