FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaNoWriMo

+12
osacredxo
Kalaam
Sunwolf007
M4Minion
Stion Gyas
Sighlent
Kaito
Digital Muse
Kalon Ordona II
Mattipus
Gadreille
Reffy
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

NaNoWriMo - Page 6 Empty Re: NaNoWriMo

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:19 pm

NaNo is just being very slow in general. I am not of fan of this at all.

Also, word count is 3,915 as of right now. I think I'm on track right now to make my 50K if I keep this pace up that I have right now.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Heh, I actually found all of your profiles from (I believe) Sunwolf's account. Though, I had to search for Raptor's manually.

My post count right now is 10,248, so I am now officially 1/5th of the way done!
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Wow! You are on a ROLL. About 4,000 right now. Can't wait to actually accomplish this since I totally failed last year.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 pm

I have 1,725 so far.

I still can't seem to get on a roll with this. Sad

Does anyone have more advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Raptor, I'd suggest to try and add in details whenever you feel like you're needed. Or try to explain something (if you don't want to keep that something shrouded in a mystery). Helps me to get more words in without just writing drivel. Or you could try adding in conversations between characters, to make readers care about the characters and see what they're like.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:12 pm

I also rewrite previous stuff. Like, don't erase anything, but find an area where you can add in a detail or description and fill it in. I doubled my word count and got almost no where further in the story, just by doing this. It helps me learn to make details. Great job Ragter! The last time I tried nanowrimo I didn't get much further than where you are at now.

I wish there were somewhere better to display widgets...perhaps we should make a nanowrimo 2010 thread where we can each claim a post to put up widgets and excerpts and such? Just an idea.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:19 pm

I am currently working to finish the evil gathering scene. It is a hard one to write because there are 8 different people in it, all talking and arguing.

If anyone has specific advice on writing dialogue I would appreciate that assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:39 pm

I have been stuck working on my fight scene all day. Its hard to try and show that two characters have the same fighting ability but are good for different reasons. Getting through it though. I am going to have to introduce my other two characters soon otherwise they will randomly appear in the middle!

I think I added everyone to my account but if not here is a link.

As for reading everyone else's work I think that would be awesome but right now I don't know if I have time. If someone wants to read what I am writing just let me know. Its based in a fantasy world where the Greek gods and goddesses are real and the Roman Republic is in it's heyday. Keep in mind that this is first pass unedited work so it wont be as refined as other things I have written.

I am currently at 3,719 but working on making my word count today. I want to stay ahead!

Oh and Rapter if you are having trouble writing a scene maybe you should try writing a different scene and then going back to the original unfinished one later.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 pm

I have had success now. Weird though, I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out what to write before realizing that the reason I couldn't figure out what the person would say was because that person wasn't the one who would talk then. lol

I am making it to 2000 words tonight for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Ryona, I love the idea of having a thread where we can each have a post to put excerpts and updates and such. Can we make something like that?

I haven't made much more progress - life got in the way, but since I'm ahead of the word count, I feel pretty safe right now. I got about to 25 K last year, and I'm already at 4 K right now. So... Awesome! We're all off to good starts I think.

Raptor, try what they said with the details. Describe the setting a little. Whatever is surrounding them. Appeal to the senses: sight, smell, sounds, etc. Also, try to refrain from checking your word count all the time to see if you're making progress. I don't know about you, but if I check it all the time and only see an additional 100 words or so, it gets me down and makes me feel like I'm not making progress.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm really not sure, but we can ask one of the OOC mods about it. I sent a PM.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Awesome. I'm assuming you will share as soon as you find out anything. I think it would be a really good way for us all to share with each other and keep everyone updated in one neat place.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:31 pm

I have made it past 2000 words and pretty much finished the dark meeting scene. Tomorrow I will try to get some more done and introduce my main good guy character. Smile

2221 words. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Sounds like a cool idea. I think we as a group are doing pretty good for the first two days. I hope we can keep this up!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:39 pm

If anyone wants to read what I have so far a chunk of it is posted as a writing excerpt on my profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Okay, Raptor. That's great you made it past your goal! Just keep writing, and you will get it done. And I agree Sunwolf! We are doing great as a NaNo group... Oh! Idea. On the NaNo boards there is a place for groups. We could always make a FOG group there too.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I think we should do both. At least we can represent FoG on Nanowrimo boards and maybe get some people interested in our community.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Agreed. I wasn't saying to not make the FOG thing, because of course we want to share with all our fellow FOGgers. But we should represent FOG too.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:49 am

Wooooow, Ragter! 10-frickin-K! Holy moly, Dude! You are steaming ahead Smile

I'll send a PM with a link to the two people who wanted a read. Like I said, I don't want to get in trouble with moderators or break any Foggy rules! It is a link to AWR and to my personal NaNo thready. (They have a discussion thread like this, and then their own personal threads for discussion on their own plots and excerpts - which you should totally copy Smile )

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 am

Seperate thread is a go, it needs to say NaNoWriMo 2010 though. I'm off to an exam for a job, but I can do it when I get back if no one else does so before then.

Edit: NVM, I got to it. Do you notice there are a lot of R's in this bunch? Lol. Here it is, make sure you claim your post so that I may link it to the first post!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Awesome, Ryona! I posted to claim a spot. I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but Sunwolf seems to be the only non-R.

I didn't put anything in the post yet, because I'm not sure what I want to put there. I just reserved it.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm

My brains have run off for the night. I think I used them too much. Gone on strike - although I have a feeling I know where they went. Hoping they return before bed so I can put in another few hundred >.< but for now: here is some inspirational music for those still writing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myOjF3kSWYA&NR=1

<3

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

That is really weird that all the names start with r except mine. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Anyway I am up to 4,388 and hoping to have 6,000 by the end of the day.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah, as I said, I didn't notice that either. I haven't commenced my writing for the day, but I'm hoping to knock out at least 2,000 words.

And thanks Reffy for the music. <3.

I think collectively we are all still going strong and doing well in NaNo!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Hey Reffy, you think you could give me a link to your story on AWR? I believe I found the forum before while google searching, but I don't recall finding the topic.

Also, hoping to get to 15k today. I realize I'm breezing ahead, but hey, I figure it's better to be early than worry about being late.

Also, how do I get one of those fancy widgets you guys are using in the Nanowrimo 2010 thread?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:58 pm

It's on the NaNo site under fun stuff and then word count widgets. There's a whole bunch of them.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:06 pm

The Moderators have said it is okay to link these stories publicly after having a read. I'm just going to link it and not actually copy and paste the entire thing! Its also kinda cool because you get to see the original Alonzo in there, the working copy Alonzo where I continued the story, and then the NaNo snippets (ignoring my mess up on the word "Gully's" Razz )

WARNING: THE CONTENT IN THE LINK IS 18+. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK! SEXUAL, VIOLENT, AND ADULT CONTENT.

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=nnwm&action=display&thread=3204

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6