FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

+37
ginger kitten
PiperMooring
Dax
Teph
mysticaldragonmagic
Kædai
The Melancholy Spirit
Immortal
Neschume
Mur
Hello Danger
Stion Gyas
Ragter the junior greeter
Psychotic Felix
Weiss
[Soma]
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Adrius Frostglare
Anemone
Sighlent
Hazzard Gates
Spectre
Squall Reyes
Inerio
Damion "The Shadow" Fowl
Twoface_ecafowT
Gunneh
Hank J Wimbleton
Zephiris
Loki
Shades Of Gray
Mezrin
Kathryn Lacey
Pretty Unusual
Renji
Fate Flyer
41 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:02 am

You gotta love all those V's! xD Good sig. Except that the avatar looks like a screenshot instead of a graphic representation. However, it still matches quite well, in my opinion. It fits the dark theme of the forums, too, with the black hat and the dark background. In addition, the way the mask is dirty and banged up--plus the blushy bits--correlates with the blood splotches in the sig. Thumbsup.

I'll take off a point because it's not unique to you, though. It's Mr. V. ^_^
So that's a 9/10 Thumbs Up
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

Post by Anemone Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:03 am

4/10

It was alright at first... but... It jsut seems unrefined compared to many others... sorry...
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Pretty sure I rated you before, but I'll give you a 9 for good measure because heck, it looks short and sweet.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:25 pm

7/10, it's cool, but I don't get it... confused
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Heh...it's because it's TWEWY

9/10, Cats are very cool, but the avatar..eh, they kinda don't even look like cats, more like...demented lamps.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:48 am

Ahh, new avysig set! It's better, but it still doesn't match. And the sig is about minamimoto, instead of you.

It still looks pretty cool though, so I'll give it 6/10
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Gonna give yours an 8/10, the signature looks blurry, but other then that, I like it. Elves are always cool anyways.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:31 pm

7/10

Its better, but the sig needs refining and to have the quote worked into it.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 pm

7/10
its cute and girly.
i like the setup.

:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:00 am

7/10...

The guy just looks...strange in both of them, and it's a bit simple, but other then that, it's fine.

xD at the fact you have an avatar of two people kissing though.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:40 pm

8/10 because I get it now. Somewhat. Lol!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:58 pm

8/10

It looks great, and it matches pretty well.
However, call me a Kathrynist, but I've been converted to borderism, so you lost a point for lack of same. ^_^ Also, I can't read the words, so I don't know if it means anything personal about you or not.

Back on the plus side, one other thing I like is how there's gold (or the appearance thereof) in the signature. Thumbs Up ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Oh god your signature looks cooler now.

I have no other choice then to up the score and give it a...9/10. If my last score was 9/10, sorry, but it's still a bit..grainy, as in, you can see the pixels and stuff.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:8/10

It looks great, and it matches pretty well.
However, call me a Kathrynist, but I've been converted to borderism, so you lost a point for lack of same. ^_^ Also, I can't read the words, so I don't know if it means anything personal about you or not.

Back on the plus side, one other thing I like is how there's gold (or the appearance thereof) in the signature. Thumbs Up ^_^

The meaning on avi/sig thread explains a lot. The words are written in the alien language, it's understandable you haven't learned to read it yet. lol! And it really is all very similar, considering all images were from the same movie and edited using the same color palette. It's about as similar as it can get without being a duplicate of the same image!

The gold is just concrete with a gold tone...hehe Smile

and Ragter get's a 10/10 because I can't post without rating, and I've only ever rated his images...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:25 am

8/10

I liked the movie a lot so you get points there. The sig is really neat, which is better out of the two. The avie could use some work, but it's not bad. Very Happy
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:50 am

9/10

I love the V for Vendetta movie it was amazing and i want to read the books as well plus the sig is just awesome.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:58 am

9/10, simply because it's freaking Death, or it looks like him.

The text in the signature image is kinda hard to make out though :/
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:07 am

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Oh god your signature looks cooler now.

I have no other choice then to up the score and give it a...9/10. If my last score was 9/10, sorry, but it's still a bit..grainy, as in, you can see the pixels and stuff.

Yay, thank you! cheers
Yeah the graininess is an issue. I'm afraid to work on it but... who knows; we'll see. ^_^
Did you mean the signature or the avatar, by the way?

I already rated you, I think...
I still don't see the correlation, but the pictures are cool.
I forget what I gave you before, so I'll just go with 7/10
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:14 am

I meant the signature, obviously. Your avatar looks just fine though Smile

9/10 again, obviously.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:42 pm

8/10

Interesting comes to mind Very Happy
Immortal
Immortal
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:12 pm

7/10. The ends of your sig are... well.... I don't like them, and your avatar is pretty good.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:28 am

7/10 just because it's so bright and bubbly ^_^

YAY FOR THREAD REVIVALS
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am

Oooh, Gunneh has a new setup! Smile

The Riddler! That was my immediate thought when I saw your avatar, so I'm glad I wasn't off. Definitely love the avatar. Of course that fits the Riddler perfectly, and he's just plain awesome. Very Happy Haha and I really love the quote in your signature! Even the name "Gotham City Sirens" is great.

10/10 There's really nothing I can criticize!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:45 am

*DON'T RATE ME, RATE FATE*

Actually, Gotham City Sirens is a title from DC that focuses on Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. I just started reading it and it's really good, actually ^_^ I'm so glad I got back into reading DC because Marvel has been letting me down lately, sadly enough....Especially with the whole thing with Disney buying them out -_-

Thank you, though ^_^
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:58 pm

I like the rounded edges in your sig. Very Happy
Also that your avatar has a transparent background.
And of course the quality of the images is A+

I'll give it 8/10, though, since it's not so much about you as it is about Void.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:04 am

Because Gunneh so kindly revived it, I'm going to keep it from dying off again.

Kalon, my desire to be an upfront and honest person in spite of all personal preferences is telling me to be abrupt and to the point. Thus, please don't take anything I say insultingly!

Your signature and avatar seem to use original art, which definitely scores you some points. However, the arrangement of the signature could use some work. The main thing I don't understand is the black block surrounding the signature. If it's something that you're simply not sure how to get rid of, then I could easily trim it away for you, since I believe that would improve the look of the signature.

The image itself is rather grainy. I like the idea for having the lettering on fire, since it matches the character conjuring up a fireball, but the colors and the overall lack of clarity in the text makes it somewhat difficult to read, though I realize that your name is clearly displayed in your user info.

There also seems to be a lot of blank space beneath the name. There's what appears to be the end of a staff down there, but that itself seems pretty out of place. It's sort of just sticking up with no particular purpose or function. If it was something held by the character, it would make sense, but no one can tell that because of the amount of the character that's shown.

On the other hand, I do like that you used a foggy forest as the background. It matches very well with the board's theme, obviously, and paired with your original character, it's sort of like a, "This is Kalon in FoG!" kind of thing. By all accounts, your signature is very much what a signature should be -- something that is characteristic to yourself.

7/10 is what I'd give it cumulatively. It's unique, creative, well-matched to the forum theme, uses your own personal art and isn't overly cluttered by fancy effects and unnecessary colors and designs. As it's meant to be a signature, not a graphic masterpiece, those elements combined are much more important than how much I am or am not "wowed" by the image itself. With a few tweaks to adjust the graininess and cut away the extraneous black background, it could easily be bumped up to a 7.5 or 8.

Sorry, I'm sure such a serious critique isn't called for here, but I always feel bad giving a judgment without an explanation of why, regardless of whether it's a good or bad score.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:08 am

10/10.

(does the great score make up for the fact that I didn't explain at all why I gave it?)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:59 am

Thanks for the critique, Weiss!
You've pretty much nailed it all; that's exactly the purpose and intent of my sig. ^_^

Except for the "black box" and the "staff"
If you look closely (or not even that closely) the "staff" is actually the brooch he's wearing on his cloak. It's the Ordona crest I made.
The "black box" is meant to go with the dark section that surrounds our avatars and brief profiles. Very Happy I thought it was a cool way to make everything match. ^_^

You're right about the graininess; it's just that every time I try to sharpen it it comes out wrong somehow.
I guess I could share the BMP with someone if they'd like to help. Very Happy

As for Ryona, I forget what score I gave that before, so I'll just go with 8/10, since it looks cool, it matches, and there's a cool quote in it, but it's not about Ryona Noel.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:10 am

Her avatar actually says Ryona Noel in the alien language, and she says that if she were a prawn, then that is what she would look like. And the signature reflects her opinion on the situation in the story, that coexistence is far more important than the petty squabbles that tore them apart. So it is as much about her as yours is about you. Speaking of you and yours....

9/10. Because of its originality and artwork, and because you have combined it with the essence of the boards, FOG. And because...it just fits you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:21 am

Ohhhh I seeeeee. Now that you mention it, I think she said that last time I scored her.

I'm glad you think my setup fits me! XD

Well let's see...
I don't think I'm very qualified to score yours properly, Silvone. I don't know much about Pink Floyd... or Walls.
It looks kinda cool, but it doesn't really grab me and say "Signed by Silvone Elestahr! See? That's even me right up there! *points to the top right of post* "

Also, I've been converted to Kathrynical-Borderisticism, which means you lose a point for lack of border. Smile

I guess I'll go with 5/10, or 6/10 to be generous, since I don't know the meaning behind the setup.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next