FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

+37
ginger kitten
PiperMooring
Dax
Teph
mysticaldragonmagic
Kædai
The Melancholy Spirit
Immortal
Neschume
Mur
Hello Danger
Stion Gyas
Ragter the junior greeter
Psychotic Felix
Weiss
[Soma]
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Adrius Frostglare
Anemone
Sighlent
Hazzard Gates
Spectre
Squall Reyes
Inerio
Damion "The Shadow" Fowl
Twoface_ecafowT
Gunneh
Hank J Wimbleton
Zephiris
Loki
Shades Of Gray
Mezrin
Kathryn Lacey
Pretty Unusual
Renji
Fate Flyer
41 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

Post by Sighlent Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:25 am

It's bright and cheerful. Reminds me of bubble gum! And the graphics are quite attractive. Center your signature though and I'll give you a 9 out of 10.

^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

Post by Anemone Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:11 am

a solid 8/10. I'm jsut a fan of vibrance myself, but the whole look has a sort of chocolate feel to it, so thats a definite plus.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm

8/10

Set looks great, but it's too pink and girly for my tastes. That's just me though.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm

10/10

The colors are dark, which blends in to the FOG look--and also means you don't need a border. (Yes, Kathryn has converted me.) The sig and avvy complement each other very well, and the quote (and the font of the quote) is very cool, and well placed. You even have your name in your avatar. ^^

So yeah, all in all, definitely 10/10
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

8/10

I absolutely love your avatar, and there's nothing I can comment on there, but some constructive criticism on your signature, Kalon -- it would look just as awesome as your avatar if only the background was also drawn in rather than pasted in. I think then the fire effects would also look a little nicer too. Overall though, quite cool. ^_^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Fate, I love the new look. I always found myself in the 'less is more' school of aesthetics. I find myself easily overloaded on elaborate graphics and always prefer clean lines and a little contrast.

I'm probably exposing myself to a thrashing on what I have; I'm not graphically inclined like you guys are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm sure any number of people here would love to make a sig for you, if you want Heyseuss. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:58 pm

I'll pass, but thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:46 pm

6/10, mostly by merit of the signature. I personally view Chaucer as somewhat of a deity, even if I haven't studied his work to any excessive degree.

On the other hand, to simply quote another's famous work isn't particularly creative, so I feel scoring you too highly would be unfair to people who express themselves more in their signatures, as a signature should be, by merit of the very word, something that symbolizes one's self.

The avatar is cute, but it has very little "review" value. After watching the little animation once, seeing it repeat over and over again was pretty boring, while other avatars may be more entertaining or aesthetically pleasing, so seeing them time after time is still a treat.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Weiss wrote:6/10, mostly by merit of the signature. I personally view Chaucer as somewhat of a deity, even if I haven't studied his work to any excessive degree.

On the other hand, to simply quote another's famous work isn't particularly creative, so I feel scoring you too highly would be unfair to people who express themselves more in their signatures, as a signature should be, by merit of the very word, something that symbolizes one's self.

The avatar is cute, but it has very little "review" value. After watching the little animation once, seeing it repeat over and over again was pretty boring, while other avatars may be more entertaining or aesthetically pleasing, so seeing them time after time is still a treat.

Good thing I only posted to compliment Fate's change of style rather than seeking approval then, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:47 pm

8/10 Weiss... its quirky and nice. The avatar and sig don't go together well though
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Yeah, they weren't made as a set. I used this avatar because I didn't feel like making a new one, but it actually belongs to the set I'm using on RPGFO. XD Even then it doesn't match well, though... [Ponders.]

Anyway, I wanted a chance to rate yours, because I like it. Sort of a "star quality" signature. The character is cute and lively, and the background and overall theme show that, as well. Colorful fractals, some bright sparkles, and a good character position and pose.

The avatar is less light and perky, but still cute and enjoyable. I'm a sucker for the whole "embarrassing blush" thing. The name doesn't seem to stand out enough in the avatar, as opposed to being a pronounced part of the signature, that's the only thing I'd specifically recommend improving on. [Nods.]

8/10
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Felix Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:30 pm

I'll have to agree with Anemone on her rating, id say an 8/10 as well

i love the Sig. the dark character with the mixture of a light with dark background it looks great, but the avatar lettering looks comic like which doesn't really mix with the darkness of the Sig. but it doesn't totally unbalance it. good job ^_^
Psychotic Felix
Psychotic Felix
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:25 am

6/10

Eh, sorry, but I have to take points off for the fact that there's no signature, that, and I can barely tell what the avatar is supposed to be.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Psychotic Felix does have a signature; it just didn't appear there because he doesn't have the "always show my signature" setting on. That's my guess, anyway.

You need a sig yourself, Ragter. Can't rate a setup if there's not really a sig. ^^
I guess I'll just say 6/10
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Felix Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Haha i think its not showing up because i put my sig on after i posted, guess it just didn't update?..meh.

Kalon i really like the custom work of your sig and your avatar. it seems like you drew them both and id say they mix pretty well also. i just like how everything was self drawn and it's all simple, nothing big and flashy. good job =]

9/10
Psychotic Felix
Psychotic Felix
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:38 am

Eh, what? I do have a sig, and it is showing up o_O So..what are ya talking about?

Anyways...8/10, I can somewhat tell what the avatar is this time and the signature looks good.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Hum...

7/10

I can tell what your avatar is, he stands out from his background and is big enough to see his face. Your signature, however...

Sine opposite hypotenuse.
Cosine adjacent hypotenuse.
Tangent opposite over adjacent.

It has to do with your love of math, but I don't understand the importance of the other quote.

P.S. I love math, too!
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:30 pm

7/10

Avie and sig match which is cool. The art work is cool too. Very Happy Would have been an 8/10 had your sig said something cool or funny... but I have no idea what a illithid is...
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:33 pm

You're looking at one in the avy and sig. ;o More commonly called a Mind Flayer, they're denizens of the Underdark that enslave weak-minded races (Any race other than them, basically). If you piss one off, it's a lifetime-of-slavery-while-the-tiny-part-of-your-mind-left-struggles-to-regain-control-wish.

Seven's a lucky number, especially three sevens in a row. Individually your avy and sig are great, but together they don't really match.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks for the info, I'll take it to the bank. Very Happy 8/10!

Yeah, I haven't gotten a matching sig just yet... in the works
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 pm

hnnnn...

lesse here, 9/10, would be a perfect 10, but it's kind of hard to tell that your avatar is saying I aim to misbehave.

zetta (symbol Z) is a prefix in the International System of Units (SI) denoting a factor of 1021 or 1000000000000000000000.

Taken from wikipedia Smile
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Let's see here...

Your avatar is cute and clear. I don't like how there is no red anywhere other than his hat. I think you should have probably added a tiny bit of red near the base or at least in your signature to make it have more purpose. Maybe the stripe on his sleeve and pant leg could be made to be red? I feel like there is actually a border around your avatar because of that white stripe I see at the base of it that overlaps his pants, but if I hadn't been scrutinizing your avatar, I never would have seen it, so I think you need a more obvious border of some sort.

As far as your signature goes, it's simple and sweet. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with your avatar, so you get points off for that.

All in all, I'm giving you a 5/10.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Heh, it does have to do with my avatar though, it's what Pi-Face regularly says in the game. Oh, and heh, I didn't make it, if that's what you're trying to get at. Not nearly talented enough to draw something as godly looking as my avatar.

Now, onto your's Smile

I really like the avatar, a lot. The snow gives it a rather nice look, in my opinion, and, well, it just looks so nice Very Happy

As for the signature...hm, I know what those two fish-like things are from, but I never associated them with Katara. the signature still looks nice though, other then the fact that half of Katara's head is cut off, but oh well.

All in all, 8/10
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 pm

6/10

It's Sho, Sho is awesome.

It needs to be more graphical. Like, the avatar could have a city at the back, and floating taboo noise sigils. The Siggy could have Sho, his quotes, the same city theme, noise symbols, and cracked with the erasure animation's "white noise".
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:16 pm

8/10

I like the avie and sig. It's all pretty and stuff. Very Happy
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mur Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:28 pm

8/10

I haven't the slightest idea what any of it means, but I really do like the artistic avatar you've got going on. I want to try that kind of pose sometime...
Anyhow, the signature looks absolutely perfect, or at least by Mur-standards. And if you'd like me to be cheesy about it, "You gotta love V for Vendetta"!
:3
Mur
Mur
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:37 pm

7/10

Avie's funny, and sig is cool, but it has a bit to much reading for my liking...Interesting for sure though!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:41 pm

I really hate your avatar for it's significance. It can't be avoided. I hate the suicidal connotations of it. I also think the quote doesn't really fit it very well. Shooting oneself is misbehaving how? ^o_O^ It doesn't really make sense to me.

Now, if the finger-gun was pointed out at others or toward the viewer, it would make more sense because misbehaving to me is more or less doing something against others, not oneself- though the consequences of doing things against others often cause crappiness for oneself. The only real perk is that the graphical stuff and the shadows are neat.

You don't have a border around anything, so you get points off both the signature and the avatar for that. They also don't go together which takes even more points away.

I do like the signature despite the lacking border. I loved that movie, and that quote is awesome. I also like the placement of everything on it. The blood splatter and the white text keeps the signature from being too heavy on the left side. It's approximate symmetry, and it's well done.

I'll give you a 6/10 for your set-up.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:19 am

There you go, love. Avie's been changed for you. Wink

7/10 I like the avie and sig. Both match, which is always nifty if you can make that happen. I like the idea that you're representing your thread so I get it. You didn't try and do too much. It's nice. Very Happy
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next