FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

+37
ginger kitten
PiperMooring
Dax
Teph
mysticaldragonmagic
Kædai
The Melancholy Spirit
Immortal
Neschume
Mur
Hello Danger
Stion Gyas
Ragter the junior greeter
Psychotic Felix
Weiss
[Soma]
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Adrius Frostglare
Anemone
Sighlent
Hazzard Gates
Spectre
Squall Reyes
Inerio
Damion "The Shadow" Fowl
Twoface_ecafowT
Gunneh
Hank J Wimbleton
Zephiris
Loki
Shades Of Gray
Mezrin
Kathryn Lacey
Pretty Unusual
Renji
Fate Flyer
41 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

Post by Hazzard Gates Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 pm

Thumbs Up 9/10 Thumbs Up

You are absolutely, undoubtedly adorable. You two have to be the cutest couple I have ever seen before. The colors all go really well together, too.

Last edited by Hazzard Gates on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Hazzard Gates
Hazzard Gates
Mist
Mist

Female

http://solitarysun.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate the Above Person's Setup (avatar + signature)

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:20 am

Wow. Thanks! I'll be sure to tell him that. He seems to think he's hideous. :: shakes head ::

As for your set-up, it's simple and neat. I would like it better if the siggy was just one picture with a nice border though the avatar has a nice one.

The pictures go well together, and they're all the same person which is neat. It's a bit redundant that all three in the signature have his name.

I don't know from what your text is, but I am going to complain that you only have two exclamation points. I am of the opinion- where punctuation is concern- that you either have one character or three characters, unless you have an exclaimed question like "?!" ((despite that actually only supposed to be an exclamation point in the real world of grammar and punctuation)).

Anyway, I'll give you a 6/10.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 am

Well seeing as how I love CC, and that is like the perfect lyrics for the pictures further displayed...oh and red hair ='s epic win for men and you just look like you popped in for a spell from Middle freakin' Earth...

8/10.

Not a particular fan of green. -Ick face-
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 am

10/10 I love everything about your setup. The signature alone would give you 10. I love the way the backgrounds change between the characters, and avatar is a fitting addition. It's perfect!

Alright, this was my first ever attempt at making a signature, so please let me know what you think! Any criticisms or suggestions you might have to make it look better would be awesome, or any suggestions for how to better make the avatar and signature match. Thanks!

Last edited by Twoface_ecafowT on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:34 am

8/10
I'm not sure I like the dog int he corner. The white little bits in there bother me a bit. However, the design and placement looks nice. I like the way the avatar and signature complement one another.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:44 am

FOR THE FREAKIN' RECORD. I'M THE ONE WHO MADE GUNNEH'S SIGNATURE! HOWEVER HE CUT IT UP FOR THE AVATAR.

So thanks everyone who bashed it worse than a hobo with baseball bat and vending machine.

Thanks.

-Murmurs...disgruntled-
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:49 am

Thank you Inerio! I'll fix the dog thing right away. I'm glad you like it. I really enjoyed making it, so expect more signatures in the future! XD
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:54 pm

(Aww, I'm glad that you like my setup so much, Kathryn! ^__^ *hugs*)

Twoface, I absolutely adore your avatar. The artwork is beautiful, and the kind of glow around her is pretty. Both your signatures are very pretty too in different ways. The only problem is, you're really just supposed to have one signature banner. (Sorry, I should probably make that clearer in our Rules.) You kind of have a one-up on everyone for this thread, since you get 3 things that a person can judge you on.

I'll give you an 8/10, mainly because I'm not certain which to grade you on.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazzard Gates Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Thumbs Up 10/10 Thumbs Up

Holy. Crap. I'm jealous, you have an AWESOME set-up. I particularly like how the signature completely loses color on the left side, it makes it... blend? Is that the word I am looking for? Well, anyway, I think it is absolutely fantastic. Very Happy
Hazzard Gates
Hazzard Gates
Mist
Mist

Female

http://solitarysun.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:38 pm

8/10

I like the setup, and the avatar looks amazing, but maybe that's just because I like the musician. However, I'd have made the signature shoud look more like a banner and the font is a bit hard to read.

Last edited by Inerio on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:23 am

7/10

This is definitely an interesting setup. I really like how the images compliment each other and that phrase in the signature is perfect. You're also very pretty, which helps of course. XD The only thing I can really complain about is that it's kind of plain, though that might just be my personal preference for more eye-popping setups. I was also a little disappointed because I loved your other avatar so much; it reminded me of Willy Wonka!
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:35 am

9.5/10

I love the set. Perfect picture to capture the essence of the Joker, but the dialogue is too small to read as well was that little logo of what I am assuming is Batman.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:27 pm

9.9/10

Usually.... that particular color scheme doesn't work for me... but, this, is different.... Theres something about it that really captures the mood, fits with the forum color, the text, etc. Everything feels like it fits without trying too hard to impress.

The colors may not be my cup of tea, but everything screams perfection so loud that it's kinda hard not to give an amazing rating.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:15 am

8.5/10

Overly cute, almost a little too much, for the forum background, but the color scheme looks delightful and that girl on the sig looks very... coy, almost devious, even. Also love the way you wrote "Anemone". It's a fun word, too! Dare you to say it five times without messing up.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:23 am

4/10

Although it does mesh well in a way, the signature really drags down the ensemble.... The avatar, with a little touching up, could be the start of something amazing.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:41 am

9/10

The characters in the avatar and signature blend well together on several levels. Their personalities complement one another, and I like the fact that you have all three primary colors for the hair. I think the signature could stand to be a bit bigger, though--say about half again as big, to match the size of the characters in the avatar. =)
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:44 pm

8/10 I love how it is personal, I know that the characters have meaning to you. But to an outside viewer, its kinda like ?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:50 am

8/10 not enough color for me, but it is a very nice setup. I love the siggy, but the avatar just isn't my thing.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 am

9/10

Enjoyable.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 am

10/10 Ok... it just looks awesome... and detailed
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:01 am

8/10

It's so sweet. I think it's giving me diabetes. However, I enjoy the diabetes.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:02 am

9/10 I absoloutely adore the sig... but the avatar needs the same attention to detail.

I'm actually going to say that the signature rated alone actually breaks the scale
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:06 am

Okay. This is going to take a bit of explaining... Bear with me.

I like the colours. They go well together, and they're bright and cheery. Your avatar is lacking any kind of border, and that deducts a point. I like the positions of the characters, but I don't like how the blue haired girl's face is cropped at an odd part of her chin. It makes her face look weird and uneven to me. While I like the font you used for your user name, I don't like how it just sort of blends into the avatar. It doesn't really stand out to me at all. I do like how the image is crisp, clear, and smooth.

For your signature, I think you should have used the same font for your name that you used for your avatar because I think it suits the feel of the set-up better. I really hate how the signature isn't anywhere near as clean as the avatar. The character looks really pixally, and even the text looks a bit pixally. In my mind, the two aren't cohesive. I think you should have incorporated some blue into the signature to better pull it together.

5/10

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:11 am

7/10

Feels like I might get slapped by a fish...
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 am

The colour scheme works. Overall, I like the signature. It's clear and clean. The text also works, though I wish I could discern what the text beneath CYBERPUNK says. I really like how your user name is reflected a bit in the set-up.

I like that you have a border around the signature, even if it's only on the top and bottom. Sometimes, that's all it takes to make an image look more professional.

I hate that you just cropped the signature to get your avatar. It shows a lack of creativity in my mind. The slight border on the bottom of the avatar isn't there on the top, so it really just looks like a lazy crop job and that's it. That really deducts a lot of points, but the fact that the avatar is actually clear and not blurry is nice.

6/10

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 am

8/10

The color scheme matches well, and I like the way your signature is centered. *goes off to center his own* The characters might not be the same, but they look similar. Also, the whole yin-yang thing with the whale-looking fish is really neat. The matching borders tie the whole thing together. I kinda wish the signature had a name in it, or words of some kind, but I understand that there's probably too much in the picture to clutter it with words. However, I do kinda wish we could see more of the girl in the signature. Maybe the idea is to subconsciously paste the avatar girl's face onto the sig girl?

(just to get an idea of my mental scale, I guess I'd probably give myself a 6/10)
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:06 am

5/10 the sing just seems... low quality.....

Avatar has an old school charm though
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:02 am

Kalon_Ordona_II wrote:9/10

The characters in the avatar and signature blend well together on several levels. Their personalities complement one another, and I like the fact that you have all three primary colors for the hair. I think the signature could stand to be a bit bigger, though--say about half again as big, to match the size of the characters in the avatar. =)

I have to rate this set.

100/100

You created every thing in both signature and avatar. Unlike most of us, we have all taken pictures,backgrounds and quotes that are not our own. So down right you should win what ever this is.

Please do not rate me, I actually mean all that I have stated, so that means I'm pulling out of this.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:30 am

*raises hand*

I beg to be excluded from the 'ripping-stuff-from-other-places' category. Smile

The only thing I didn't put together myself was the Avatar background. (The sig background is modified from a personal photograph.) The mage in my sig is completely original artwork, and the face on my avatar is 60-70% original pixel art.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 am

(Technically this is an illicit double post as it's on the same topic, and the previous two posts don't count)

Just a reminder that as the above two posts did not rate the persona bove, and both wanted to be excluded, that its still me on the rating table

*Doesn't want to give up her turn*
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next