FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At The Edge of the World - OCC

+2
Dio the Awesome
ShadowWake
6 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

At The Edge of the World - OCC - Page 5 Empty Re: At The Edge of the World - OCC

Post by Kestrel Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Lies, you're just too busy partying ;p
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

At The Edge of the World - OCC - Page 5 Empty Re: At The Edge of the World - OCC

Post by Hedya Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Nuuuuu!! >.<

I swear!!
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:49 pm

I was going to post on the next few days but I can't promise anything, because I've suffered a heavy blow today. My external Hard Disk has died, and this means the loss of 230+GB of information.

I am devastated.
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Ouch... Lost a lotta important stuff?
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:07 pm

Probably not what people would call "important" but there was lots of stuff I had been dropping there over the years... There's (I still hope it can be recovered, somehow) stuff about 7 years old there!

*sigh*

And what's worse is that there was not a single warning. Yesterday it was working like a charm, and today... just not anymore.
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Ayup now the problem. Lost my USB a while back. It wasn't like, 20+ GB, but all the music I had on me and a whole lotta projects. As well as some bank, visa and work info ;x Those thing's ain't really the best way to lighten up a mood.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Indeed, not the best way...

I've been searching for some ways to recover my info, and apparently, if you get your Hard Disk into the freezer (it appears there is an explanation for this), there's a chance you might get the broken hard disk to work... for a short while. So once I've gotten myself a new one, (sigh, those are expensive...) I'm going to try "freezing" my old Hard Disk, and see what happens...!

But still, I've been feeling a bit melancholic lately, and certainly this didn't help at all.

So, Kestrel, did you recover quickly? Not the stuff itself, which I guess couldn't be recovered, but psychologically speaking.
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 am

I'm not one to linger in the past too much.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:52 am

Aaw, bummer mate - that really sucks! I hope you can manage to recover some of it; the freezing may work - I know my boyfriend put my graphics card in the oven when it when bust and it's now working perfectly in my PC. It's worth a go in any case! And you've reminded me to back up our external drive... it's got my novel back-up on so if I lose that, that's seven years worth of work... Yeah - backing up now, lol.

But try not to linger on it too much, Hedya. I know it's easier said than done, but you'll make yourself more upset if you dwell on it (I know I tend to). Just try the options that are available to restore it and if they don't work, then take it as a chance to have a 'clean slate' so-to-speak. It may take a while to re-write/re-draw the stuff you had on the drive but you may find that things come out better because of it. Smile
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:07 am

Back up your stuff, SW!! X]

Thank you so much. I am one to worry a lot about things, I guess you know that, already, ha ha...

However, before I can even try to restore it, I absolutely need to have another Hard Disk ready to drop all my stuff there. And I've also been thinking, since the freezing trick works for a limited amount of time, I might have to choose what to save (in the event that it actually works, which is not very probable, in my mind), so it's going to be tough.

Anyway, I can only hope, and if not... well, just as SW says, a "clean-state", I suppose...

EDIT-PS: Since I'm so anxious, I might ask my brother to lend me his HD, which is big enough to allocate all my stuff. Now I just need an "anti-humidity" bag for my old HD... might get to try it on Monday.
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:47 pm

I tried the freezing, and didn't work. I might call someone who fixed a similar problem with my brother's old Hard Disk. Still don't think it'll work, but I'm not losing anything for trying, right?
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Nope! As Fraz would say: try every option before buying anything new. He wiped the motherboard of his guitar effects unit the other day while he was trying to do a standard upgrade. He uses it for all his gigs and new they cost between £300-400, so he was really gutted. Thankfully he borrowed a few IT bits from his brother and managed to get it working again - though he bought a new unit anyway, lol. But at least he could part-exchange his old one to get some money back!

If your brother's has been fixed before, then it's worth a shot! Good luck! Smile
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:42 pm

It's my turn and I know it. I'm so slow and I also know it! But I'm posting as very soon as very possible!

PS: I haven't even had time to try and call anyone to fix my external hard disk, so you see how troubled I've been! I can't promise I'll do it tomorrow, but I'll certainly give it a try!
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:14 am

You'd so make my day if you did though ;p But no rush.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Lol, my sentiments are with Kestrel, but whenever you can is fine, Hedya. I know you've been busy and I'm just happy this baby's still going! Very Happy
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Of course it is! I'm never stepping down! (slowing down, maybe, but I'm a master of bouncing back!)

I know it took me longer than it was supposed to, but yesterday it was a hectic day (soccer fever all around) and so it was impossible to do anything! I have a small part of it, though, so I hope to finish it today! Smile
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Posted~

Again, sorry it took soooo long, and I apologize in advance that my post doesn't really add much, but is rather a "bridge-post" so we can go forward with the whole thing. I did find it hard to go on, because I never had many ideas, but wanted to write since, for once, I had time to do it! Hopefully now I should have more time, since I lost part of my job (I teach secondary school children, but for different reasons I'm losing some of those kids, so I have more time for myself), so I should be able to keep answering at a nice pace!

Thank you for your understanding!

PS: Since I have more time, I might try to get my external HD repaired, I'll let you know the outcome...
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Cool! I liked the post! Very Happy

I will try and get a post in this weekend, but as I've said that for three other RPs, we'll see how far I get! I will try and post as soon as possible anyway.

And hope the HD repair goes well!
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Thank you for both things~

Don't rush it! Smile
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Wed May 05, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm sorry I haven't posted yet... Minor chaos: a trojan dumped a rootkit on my PC and it hid in one of the major system files so my virus scanners couldn't reach it. Consequently I've had to completely rebuild my PC - backing up my stuff, installing windows xp from scratch, etc. - and I've only just got my internet up and running. What a bum. Sad

Anyways, I will try and post as soon as I can. Smile
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Wed May 05, 2010 2:00 pm

At least you were able to save your stuff? I'm glad, if so! Even if this trojan breaked havoc on your PC...

It's great to have you reconnected to the world of Internet!

Smile
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm

That's what you get for downloading 'free' music, missy ;p

But no worries, I'm not in a hurry (if I'm a 100% honest I read hedya's post only yesterday) To be fair I prefer easy going paces because chaos is my life's middle name.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 am

Sorry - will post soon! I'm currently really into a set of books at the moment and can't seem to drag myself away from them! But I promise I will put the effort in and do a post sometime this week.

Btw, Dax is trying to pounce on the keyboard which is making it exceedingly difficult to type, lol. I think she likes the noise... XD
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 am

I'm eager to read your post! Very Happy
By the way, can I ask what that set of books is? If it's that interesting, I might as well want to read 'em!

Oh, and I'd love to see Dax doing that, haha :3
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

I'll c/p that sentiment. I'd love this one to get on the move again soon, though! Play! Action! Drama!
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5