FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC)

+2
Artorius
The Ghost Writer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Empty Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC)

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:27 pm

An official overview of this fiction can be found here at Omni Labs.

Enlistment Dialogue and Survey:
Paragon vs. Renegade Information:

Available Missions

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Ibdp90 Secure Eden Prime
Colonial Advancement Compound
[Commanders Titus and Poitvin, and Vala Buchan]

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Ibdp90 Rescue Anhur Colonists
Collector Vessel
[Commanders Horn and Prado]

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Ibdp90 Deals in the Shadows
Capture the Shadow Broker's Agent - Illium
[Commanders Titus, Horn, and Poitvin; and Vala Buchan]

In and Out
Infiltrate the Migrant Fleet

• Ever since the events that transpired with Gillian and Paul Grayson on board the Idenna, the quarians have placed a tragic mistrust in Cerberus, though it is understandable. Regardless, the Illusive Man believes that the geth can be convinced to aid us in our defense against the Reapers now that Sovereign has been defeated. Unfortunately, we have no idea how to convince a race of networked A.I. The quarians, being their creators, know more than anyone else about these machines and any information they have is valuable. Due to differences between Cerberus and quarians, however, we have almost no eyes inside the Migrant Fleet. The Illusive Man would like you to infiltrate them and gather any useful intelligence, personally - as well as install a series of surveillance devices. The target ship will be the Lu'Raza, where prior intelligence indicates there are several research labs devoted to studying the geth.

1. Travel to the Migrant Fleet (reported to currently be in the Phi Clio system of the Rosetta Nebula)
  2. Infiltrate the Lu'Raza
  3. Bug the Lu'Raza with surveillance devices
  4. Locate and download vital intelligence on the geth
  5. Remain undetected

Last edited by The Ghost Writer on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 8 times in total
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Empty Re: Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC)

Post by Artorius Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Commander Landon Prado reporting for duty. Nice to meet you EDI, I’d prefer to keep it professional, so lets not get too personal here. I’ve looked over the crew manifest and noticed Derek Chung comes highly recommended. He’s a suitable second in command, but I request that Alexander Stone replaces Edward Teal as helmsman. Angelica Mount seems green, but she’s bright, should do fine. Yeoman… Danielle Lovo? I served with her in the Alliance fleet several years ago… A Quarian as the engineer… we might have to change that. I don’t trust Turians either. Edward McIntyre? We’ll have to discuss this manifest later. Ablative armor and kinetic barriers… standard outfitting; layered diffuse radiator arrays, droplet heat sinks, communication arrays… Wait a second, cloaking device? We’ll have to discuss that one later.

I’m quite surprised, four decks, standard, I would have thought we’d go a little bigger. I’m really liking the captain’s quarters by the way- the water bed and personal terminal are nice touches. The bridge looks big, I see the third deck belongs to the crew, standard again. Engine room and engineering deck, excellent. EDI… this ship is outfitted with a dreadnought grade mass accelerator cannon? Goddamn! GARDIAN defense system… that’s also stand- wait… Salarian specifications? That’s interesting. The Javelin torpedoes and disruptor torpedoes are nice to have as well.

Thank you EDI, I’m awaiting orders from the Illusive Man. That’s all I need for now.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Sorry about that unexpected wait there. I had been rerouted to Balad for a few days. -__-

Anyway, I'll be taking the Eden Prime mission. You can either join in with me, or start the mission on Anhur; it's up to you. The IC is up and available here. Any questions, just ask away. Smile

My OOC Information:

Last edited by The Ghost Writer on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) 50060810

The Black Hornet

Welcome back aboard, Commander. This vessel has been provided to you by Cerberus' recently activated Omni cell. Before I begin with a quick overview of your vessel's schematics and crew, we'll need to name this vessel. What shall your ship be called, Commander?

I am the ship's AI, housed in the ship's Quantum Blue Box. During combat, I operate the weapons and cyber warfare suites. Though my access extends to many areas of the ship, I am also "shackled", meaning that many of my functions have been locked due to security protocol. During emergency situations, however, these restrictions may lifted at your discretion. To Cerberus, I am known as "Eee-Dee" which is the phonetic pronunciation of the pneumonic E.D.I, which stands for "Enhanced Defense Intelligence". But you may call me Betty.

Now that we have become acquainted, Commander, we should probably get to know some of your crew. I have provided a list of names and their positions aboard your ship on the datapad in front of you. Additional information has been attached to certain positions you may find of interest.

Cerberus Officer (your 2IC): _Kathleen Armstrong__
Helmsman: __Dave Johnston___
Armorer: ___Wilkes Smith___
Yeoman: ___Michael Pitt____
Lead Engineer: ___Howard Jackson____
Medical Officer: __Laura Sheen____
Main Battery Officer: George Deen_____

You may become further acquainted with your crew members at a later time, Commander. First, and very briefly, I would like to detail your ship's current specifications and armaments. Please take a look at your datapad again for these details.

Ship Exterior (this includes armor, kinetic shielding, and general description that may be otherwise notable - an image may be included)
• Kinetic Barriers
•Ablative Armor
•Long range/short range sensors

Ship Interior: (this includes the number of decks and each deck's purpose, interior design and architecture (optional), and any other specifics that may be noteworthy)
•1st Floor: Cargo Bay/Shuttle Bay/ Hammerhead dock
•2nd Floor: Life Support/Storage/Engines/Lab
•3rd Floor: Bridge/Comm. Center/ Briefing Room/Armory/Cafeteria/Crew Quarters/Observation Deck
•4th Floor: Captain’s Quarters

Ship Armament: (this includes all weapon systems)
•Disruptor Torpedoes
•Javelin Mounts
•Combat Drones
•GARDIAN system

That is all I have for you, Commander. Again, welcome aboard. Should you have any questions for me, I am networked throughout the vessel and may attend to your queries and orders at any time.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:01 am

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) D_sula11

Welcome back aboard, Commander. This vessel has been provided to you by Cerberus' recently activated Omni cell. Before I begin with a quick overview of your vessel's schematics and crew, we'll need to name this vessel. What shall your ship be called, Commander?

SIC Titan (Destroyed by Collector Attack)

I am the ship's AI, housed in the ship's Quantum Blue Box. During combat, I operate the weapons and cyber warfare suites. Though my access extends to many areas of the ship, I am also "shackled", meaning that many of my functions have been locked due to security protocol. During emergency situations, however, these restrictions may lifted at your discretion. To Cerberus, I am known as "Eee-Dee" which is the phonetic pronunciation of the pneumonic E.D.I, which stands for "Enhanced Defense Intelligence". But you may call me "Serah".

Now that we have become acquainted, Commander, we should probably get to know some of your crew. I have provided a list of names and their positions aboard your ship on the datapad in front of you. Additional information has been attached to certain positions you may find of interest.

Cerberus Officer: Kelly Invaru
Helmsman: Jack Nathan (Deceased)
Armorer: TJ Keller
Yeoman: Lara Teesar (Deceased)
Lead Engineer: Kevin Jaconis
Medical Officer: Lincoln Grass
Main Battery Officer: Jessie McKrain

You may become further acquainted with your crew members at a later time, Commander. First, and very briefly, I would like to detail your ship's current specifications and armaments. Please take a look at your datapad again for these details.

Ship Exterior: Cruiser Designation
• Kinetic barriers
• Ablative Armour
• Long/short range sensors

Ship Interior:
• First Floor: Engineering, Shuttle Bay, Cargo Bay.
• Second Floor: Crew Quarters, Medical Bay/Labratory, Mess Hall, Life Support
• Third Floor: Main and Secondary Batteries
• Fourth Floor: Bridge, Helm, Armoury, Comm. Center/Briefing room, Observation Deck
• Fifth Floor: Captain's Quarters

Ship Armament:
• GUARDIAN Defense Network
• Javelin Mounts
• Disrupter Torpedoes
• Prototype Thanix Cannon
• Mass Accelerator Cannon
• 2 Kodiak Transports
•1 Mako Infantry Support Vehicle

That is all I have for you, Commander. Again, welcome aboard. Should you have any questions for me, I am networked throughout the vessel and may attend to your queries and orders at any time.

Last edited by quakernuts on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:34 pm

It looks like we've got a pretty good group ready to go. Great!

After you each make your initial posts, verifying which missions you're participating in, I'll send you a private message containing two dossiers on characters. One will be a character that yields to paragon commanders, and the other will yield to renegade commanders. After you choose one of the characters, this will be your alignment throughout the role play. From there on out, future PMs will only contain possible crew members of the same alignment you chose for your initial mission. Missions in the future may contain one character, or two.

While both alignments will provide an equal level of skills, no matter how different they may seem, choosing your alignment is merely for role playing purposes. Neither alignment will provide you with mission critical advantages in the story, and will not effect the outcome of your crew after launching the suicide mission in the end.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Posted, brah.

Eden Prime ahoy!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:42 am

I'm working on yours and quaker's PMs right now. They will contain your first selection opportunity to expand your crew.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:12 am

not my best work, but the future will hold better. Cannot wait to receive the PM Ghost.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Working on your PM now Artorius. I'll update the first post of this OOC thread to minimize all previous information in spoilers to try and highlight the missions index. While doing this I'll update the missions with the names of the commanding officers currently assigned to them. When missions are completed, I'll erase the sub-text description, but leave the title with a slash to signify mission accomplishment (or failure, depending on how you want to role play it out - remember, it's free reign on your part whenever you launch the mission; my only role as the GM is to simply provide you with choices for squad members, and create new missions to guide you towards the final suicide mission).

We're green across the board (I suddenly started thinking of the exchange between Kenneth and Gabby in the ME:2 there - haha!) and all missions are go - good luck!

Addendum:

I forgot to mention that I'm not a stickler on post length. My own posts may get carried away from time to time with a lot of dialogue, subtle - but frequent - sarcasm, and paragraphs of sci-fi nerd radiation; but I honestly haven't a care in the world with how long your own posts are, so long as each of them advance the story forward in some manner or other. This can be through straight dialogue, taking charge and throwing in some quick action, or - hell - even introducing another character to kind of get things rolling. Do whatever you feel you must do so you're not stuck somewhere and worrying that you have to dish out four or five paragraphs to make "par".

Addendum #2 Very Happy

Guilty Carrion will be joining us, but will not be commanding his own vessel. Guilty's character will be independently controlled, still working for Cerberus and an ally. He will help assist in plot development and provide extra interaction opportunities for players and characters. Essentially, Guilty's character will not be under the authority of any one commander, but may transfer from vessel to vessel as he sees fit.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:07 am

Posted, finally!

I would just like to take this moment to gloat in the fact that I proved GC wrong in saying that I wouldn't post on Friday. Razz
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Haha! As soon as Dax finally posted, I drop a 40 ton post on him to read. U MAD BRO?! XD
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:17 pm

I actually twitched in PAIN under that 40 TON POST.

WAI U TROLL MEH? lol!

I'll try to get an asnwer up today.

Did I put enough emphasis on the 'today'?

Also, I just wanted to make clear that my character is 110%, yes, that's right, 110% Renegade. Even if I chose a Paragon member, Eliza, the rest will be Renegade. I just wanted at least one Paragon member in my crew other than my original so I can use her as a personal plot advancer.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:12 am

LMAO Dax!

And hurray for incredibly long posts! XD I'm so happy we're actually getting this role play moving. Let's keep up the good post rate and superb quality. It's actually been a long time since I've participated in one of my own RPs that's taken off like this. I'm impressed. Smile
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm liking the break neck pace myself, and yet we're still maintaining excellent quality as we do.

Martini Drink up, gents! I do believe we have a winner on our hands!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:14 am

Official Signatures Released

To help boost your enthusiasm, I've designed a few signatures you are welcome to use, including the Cerberus logo, and Paragon & Renegade emblems. The original emblem designs are by Phantom76541 from Desura.

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Cerberus-signature
Code:
[img]http://recagenda.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/cerberus-signature.png[/img]
Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Paragon-signature
Code:
[img]http://recagenda.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/paragon-signature.png[/img]
Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Renegade-signature
Code:
[img]http://recagenda.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/renegade-signature.png[/img]

New Missions Unlocked

Two new missions have been added to the board, complete with specific objectives to aid you in scene transition. However, these objectives are merely suggestive and don't have be taken step-by-step.

If you have ideas in mind for missions, or even characters that you'd like to see on your team, feel free to voice them here or send me a PM. I'm not strict, so I'll more than likely approve. Wink
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:03 am

Critical Update: Differences with this RP

So far this story is off to a great start. I see more plot and character development than I've seen in most role plays circulating the internet. This greatly pleases me. But Guilty Carrion and I were talking the other day in the chat box about my philosophy regarding role plays. As some of you may have noticed, I run things a bit differently than most. I told him that I considered myself a "classic" role player. What I mean by this is irrelevant to this post, but you are welcome to discuss that with me at a later time. For now, I would like to make a couple of things clear.

First, I am relaxing some* restrictions that are due most role plays from tradition or familiarity. If you feel compelled to double-post, then by all means do so. You don't just control a single character in this role play, you control that character's story; you are their author. If no one has posted immediately after yourself and you have an epiphany and wish to post again with a different scene, or a new set of dialogue, or something that can relate the story but does not particularly involve your character or crew, then you are more than welcome to. I don't care what order the participants of this role play post in. As the "GM" this is my call to make, and I've made it. In fact, I made this call back in 2005 when I actually began my role playing experience.

Second, I'm not a stickler with post-length. I realize that many of the posts so far go well beyond the requirements (length-wise) in the Advanced section, and above par in many areas in comparison to other posts here and on other boards. While this brings a prideful smile to my face, I don't want that to seem over-burdening to you, and I don't want it to be misconstrued as a "standard". Ignore any of that and just write. Don't bull shit your way around paragraphs. As I mentioned to GC in our conversation, I take Hemingway's advice to Fitzgerald: Write the truth when writing fiction.

Third, I know some of you have joked about the "break neck speed" of this role play. I get the humor, but if there's anything about that you feel concerned with - if you're worried about keeping up with the posting rate - then please let me know. I'd be more than happy to come to a compromise with you. There are many ways that you can continue to be involved and not have to post as often as the others. One of the popular options would be letting someone else control or puppet your character while you are away. Another option would be to take on a lesser role in the plot, acting as a supporting character.

As this story progresses, so will the demands of your crew (for the commanders involved in this). You are about enlist the aid of more crew members, and each them will need a certain level of attention. Once you feel that you have reached your capacity and cannot attend to the particular needs of each "puppet" character you theoretically control, let me know and I'll stop sending you character dossiers and exclude you from further missions until the final Suicide Mission. You should, also, not have to feel compelled to sign up on another mission immediately after completing a prior one. If you'd like to take a few posts to explore your ship, develop characters and dialogue, or, perhaps, run your own solo missions that aren't included on the mission roster in this OOC thread, then you more than welcome to.

That is all I have to say for now. I look forward to continuing this story with each and every one of you.

-Ghost

* I hope everyone can see the common sense behind this. Obviously, I still expect comprehensible grammar and spelling. However, post length has never been a concern of mine. I prefer quality over quantity any day of the week. I will move this role play to a more appropriate section should anyone voice a... disheartening concern.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Speaking of short posts, Quaker, your last post was WAY too short... xD
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 am

[10:47:48] Guilty Carrion : It'll be interesting to see, since we can't really massively effect the main plot
[10:47:51] Guilty Carrion : ...
[10:47:59] Guilty Carrion : I made an unintenional funny!

Edit:

In other news, I've been experimenting with more signature concepts:

Mass Effect 1.5: On the Edge (OOC) Titus-signature1

If you can find a render of your character's armor, or a high-def image that I can crop a render from, then I can try and make a similar signature for you. Smile
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 am

Hello, everybody, this is my formal resignation from the RP. For now Quaker, you may take control of my character, kill him, or otherwise to get moving. Sorry if I impeded your progress in any way. It is becoming increasingly obvious that I cannot participate in this RP at the rate required. Thank you for a fun couple of posts, I hope in the future perhaps to RP with all of you.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Artorius. I understand that you're really busy now, and as I said before, there are other things that take precedence. Take care and I hope to role play with you again some time.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 am

I kind of puppeted your character at the end Ghost for a line, so if you have a problem with it just tell me and I'll fix it.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:28 am

No problem! As long as you make me laugh. xD

Dax, I'm working on your next Cerberus Intel PM right now. I'll send it to you straight away.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:59 am

I have posted! Took far too long, but...dare I say it, I'm proud of my end result. Hope you enjoy it, gents! I know I enjoyed writing it.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 am

Okay... I know GC and I got a little carried away there, but I'm going to place a hold to let Dax and Quaker catch up.... again. xD

Also, new player in town. Give a hearty welcome to Digital Muse. Character info follows.

Digital Muse wrote:Name: Tia St. Jean
Alias: T, The Saint

Sex: Female
Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Weight: 130 pounds
Build: leanly muscled
Eye Color: light brown
Hair Color: dark brown
Hair Style: long and straight, usually tightly braided

Infiltrator Engineer from America, Earth

Spoiler:

Weapons:
M-3 Predator for side arm
M-8 Avenger rifle
HMW Shotgun
Light armor (tweaked to provide additional protection)
Specialist Omni Tool (high-end)

Implants: Synthetic left arm and hand from the shoulder down.

Personality Profile: From the office of Dr. Malcolm Dennison, research branch of Morpheus Technologies Synthetic Replacement Labs. The subject: Commander Tia St. Jean is a most unusual case. She is quite possibly the longest surviving human recovered from a cryo container. At 32 years, 4 months and 18 days, she suffered minor cryo illness and was unable to see for a total of 13 days. Her limbs had severely atrophied, but rigorous rehabilitation for the past year has restored her body to pre-cryo condition.

The most obvious issue Ms. St. Jean has had to cope with is the loss of her entire left arm from the shoulder. She has had a synthetic arm replacement within the last two weeks. A year ago, nanite installers were injected to reinforce muscle tissue in her chest and back in order to support the weight of her implant and it is functioning superbly. The weight is still bothering the subject somewhat. A side effect of the nanite installers is the continual support and repair of nearly all of her body's tissues which has provided a side effect of greatly extending her normal lifespan. At this time tissue samples are being studied to understand just how long this side effect will last.

Psychologically, Ms. St. Jean is dealing with her longevity. She no longer has any living family or friends. She has become quite isolated and with no military contact, there is not even the solace of work or a routine to assist her cope. The subject puts on a brave front and pretends that she is excited by the new adventure. However, I believe it is all a ruse and that sooner or later it will catch up with her. I cannot predict where or when that might be. Given something to focus on, especially a 'good cause' she will likely perform her job extremely well.

Ms. St. Jean has a remarkable ability to concentrate on the task at hand. Often to the detriment of her own safety. Old archives of a former commander's records mentioned her taking some stone chips across the face from a bullet hitting close to her head when she was working on the security systems of a site her team had been sent to infiltrate. She trusted to her team members so completely that she never skipped a beat and kept on working. I believe this level of trust can be supremely detrimental.

At this time, her rehabilitation has gone exceedingly well. She is eager to return to active duty. I recommend against this as she is mostly unaware of the political situations and increasing hostilities as they stand now. To continue the ruse of returning her to duty, she has been retrained on all the technical data of modern electronics and security systems along with her rehab for her arm. This however has been labeled as Top Secret and her official status has been listed as M.I.A from the Shanxi Occupation.

*Loss of arm: On a mission, (she lost her arm in the occupation of Shanxi in 2158) she and 8 others sneaked into a facility to take out a Turian power grid. They were discovered. She keeps working. Her squad fights for their lives around her. They start getting picked off She keeps working. Down to 3 of them, but she keeps working while they scream at her to break it off. Just as she manages to hack the security and take it down, the building collapses around them, effectively, crushing the arm. Her last 2 squad mates haul her out...barely.
**Because her ship was the only one that escaped the initial Turian attack, she may know who the Illusive Man is. Illusive man was originally a man by the name of Jack Harper, he served at the battle of Shanxi and played a vital role in stopping a plot by Saren's brother to 'evolve' the turnian species

Background: Tia had been born into a military family from America on Earth. As such, she also followed tradition and joined the Marines. She did well, showed above average skills in the realm of technical surveillance, electronics and hacking. So much so, that she was tapped for a mission to join a insertion team. She spent 5 years on dangerous covert missions, fighting side by side her crew, though her job was always the fine details and theirs usually involved keeping her alive.

During her initial enlistment, she grew more and more dissatisfied with the concessions made to Alien races over Humans in decision after decision after decision She began to wonder if Cerebrus might not have the right of it, after all.

After the disastrous battle at Shanxi and her subsequent injury and recuperation, she is recruited into Cerebrus.

After a single day, Tia demanded an accelerated rehab schedule and training. She wanted, or needed, to get back to work. She had to have something to do. She wanted to go back to regular duty status. She didn't know she'd been listed as killed in action along with her entire crew all those years ago before.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

My first post is up and thanks so much for the invaluable help getting up to speed from Quakernuts, Guilty Carrion and Ghost Writer.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Ok, uh, I have alot of catching up to do!

My post will be up tomorrow at the latest, since today is Thanksgiving up 'ere in Canada.

Posted! And you all get a front row seat into the mind of Mr. Sadistic Poitvin!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:39 am

Thanks for taking the time to catch up, Dax! Smile I believe quaker just lost a bet there. xD
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 am

After re-reading the entire role play, I noticed something that was kinda funny to me. It doesn't exactly bother me, as it's merely trivial, but the names of races actually aren't supposed to be capitalized. The following explanation and examples are from the ME Wiki:

Unlike most species in science fiction, the names of Mass Effect's alien races are common nouns and not capitalised. e.g. 'asari', not 'Asari'. The exceptions are the Protheans, the Reapers and the Collectors as these names are effectively titles. For other races, ask the question: if you were writing about humans, would you capitalise the word “human” in your sentence? For example:

• Incorrect: “The Geth have evolved considerably since the Quarians created them.”
    Correct: “The geth have evolved considerably since the quarians created them.”, or
    Correct: “Geth are notoriously reclusive. For three centuries, the geth remained hidden beyond the Perseus Veil.”

The only exceptions are when referring to a unit name or to that race's government, as these are titles.

• Example: “The geth deploy many units on the battlefield, including Geth Armatures, Geth Hoppers, and Geth Troopers.”
    Example: "The volus are a client race of the Turian Hierarchy."

Perhaps that might help.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:02 pm

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4043-mass-effect-fan-fiction

There's that backstory I said I was writing! Very Happy
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next