FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 1.5 : Limited Opportunity Window

2 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 1.5 : Limited Opportunity Window Empty Mass Effect 1.5 : Limited Opportunity Window

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:37 am

Idea: Mass Effect roleplay that takes place during the two years Commander Sheppard was being "rebuilt" by Cerberus.

Window of Opportunity: You've got two days from this post to voice your interest and commitment to the role play or I take the idea elsewhere. I want to start as soon as possible and I don't have time to wait while the interest check gets buried and forgotten. I don't care how many sign up, I just want commitment and god-speed posting. Don't have what it takes, then get out of my galaxy, you Vorcha scum.

End transmission.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 1.5 : Limited Opportunity Window Empty Re: Mass Effect 1.5 : Limited Opportunity Window

Post by Artorius Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm on board
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 1.5 : Limited Opportunity Window Empty Re: Mass Effect 1.5 : Limited Opportunity Window

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:30 pm

*whew* I was becoming concerned no one was interested. Smile

Here's the concept I have so far (I'll go into more detail in the OOC) :

You can be any of the species in the original series except for a Collector or Prothean. Your primary character (as you may have any number of secondary characters) will be the commander of a Cerberus-designed starship, complete with it's own crew, weapon systems, and shackled AI (an EDI, whose gender is up to you).

While Cerberus' Lazarus cell is currently rebuilding Commander Sheppard under the direction of Miranda Lawson, you are an acting commander in the organization's new Omni cell. The Omni cell is responsible for a wide array of Cerberus military operations that ensure the advancement and protection of the human species. With the Collectors becoming an increasing threat to distant human colonies, and the Reapers still out somewhere in dark space, Cerberus has taken steps to increase their operations in the outer rim.

In this role play you will be allowed to travel to one of the many systems in the Mass Effect 2 galaxy (the Milky Way). You will are free to design your own ship, or you can stick with the Normandy SR2 design. As you pursue missions (which I will create shortly in the OOC), you must decide whether or not your character is going to be a Paragon or a Renegade. Both types of characters are, in theory, protagonists. Renegades are more of the anti-heroes of the Mass Effect universe - they are more of the "the end justifies the means" type of people and aren't particularly liked by many. However, if your character is a Paragon, you cannot recruit and later control NPCs that are more Renegade in nature. It is the same way with Renegade players and Paragon NPCs.

Each NPC (again, I'll list the available ones in the OOC and which missions you can find them on) will have unique abilities. Some are more skilled with weapons, and others are powerful biotics.

The overall mission during the role play is to secure the outer rim human colonies from Collector attacks. Many will be lost, but if you make the right choices, many can be saved.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Sounds fun, are there any specifics I need as far as character sheet, and how thorough I need to be?
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm working on the OOC post now. You can expect it sometime tomorrow after 3:00pm or 4:00pm Central. That will contain all of the specifics as far as character and ship customization goes. Smile

Thanks again for your interest, Artorius.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:25 pm

No problem, I'm looking forward to this. I'm posting the specifics of my ship here for archival purposes and so I don't lose it Razz

Ship Name: The Spirit

Ship Class: Cerberus Frigate

Ship AI: ?

Ship exterior specifications

• Ablative armor is layered heavily on the hull and less so for the rest of the ship. Kinetic barriers are also present as well as a prototype cloaking mechanism.

• The Spirit has plaid patterned Diffuse Radiator Arrays to manage heat. Additionally, the Spirit makes use of droplet heat sinks to manage heat in battle.

• Communication and detection arrays are present on the hull.

Ship interior specifications:
    The interior of the Spirit is made as much for functionality as it is for comfort. As such, crew quarters consist relatively simple hot racks. The captain's quarter's are notably more lavish, included with a size-able comfortable bed. Besides that, the ship's interior is pretty standard aside from an AI.

Ship Armament
  • GARDIAN defense systems present on the hull. The defense system is made to Salarian specifications as the lasers are of nearly ultra-violet frequencies. This allows for greater range, with less fire power. Advanced heat sinkers are also present decreasing cooling times.

• The Spirit is also outfitted with Javelin torpedo mounts for close range offensive scuffles and disruptor torpedoes for greater range.

• The Spirit's main gun is experimental and a prototype. It was developed on the premise that Dreadnouts shouldn't be the only ships packing a big punch. Saying this, it has about two rounds before overheat becomes a serious issue. It delivers a huge slug with a warhead that delivers roughly a force fifteen times that of an atomic bomb. It is delivered via mass accelerator.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Sweet! The OOC thread can be found here. I kinda stole a bit of your formatting for the ship specifications. I thought you actually organized that quite nicely, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that you have a firm grasp on the Mass Effect universe and trivia already. Smile
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down