FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open]

+3
Talas
Ruu
Sunwolf007
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open] - Page 4 Empty Re: From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open]

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Ok, going to be busy for the next few days. I will get next post up when I get back. It'll give Ruu time to respond to my question as well.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open] - Page 4 Empty Re: From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open]

Post by Ruu Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:21 pm

~It sounds good to me too! I like the idea! Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Ok I just posted the last piece of Chapter 1. If you two want to make a follow up post you can. My plan is to rename the current RP and redo the first post to separate the story into definable chapters without making new topics. Plus add our new characters to the group at the beginning of Chapter 2. Now I have to think of a new name for the next chapter. Any suggestions?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:34 pm

I just sent you a PM to ask about my follow-up post. DARN YOU AND YOUR CLIFFHANGERS!

I guess any suggestions for a chapter title would depend on the subject matter for the chapter in question. By no means am I asking for you to give spoilers, but even a teaser of info would help me come up with a suggestion or two.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Not gonna lie, your reaction in your PM made my day! Basically the whole point of Chapter 2 is going to be our new group proving to the gods and goddesses that the humans can win the war. Our group is going to be put in charge of an important task that will decided how the war against the titans will proceed. Without getting into specifics that's the basic idea. Oh and I am planning on you and Ruu reprising your characters.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Off the top of my head, I would suggest the title "Proof of Victory" for Chapter 2.

Oh, and I still stand by my assertion that you are MEAN!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Got it! From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory. I can't wait to see the new chapter start. It's going to be awesome! Until then I am going stand by my assertion that cliffhangers are awesome! Razz
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 am

Yay! And for Chapter 2, here is my addition to the fold:

Name: Dante Martek

Appearance:From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open] - Page 4 Img_image9
Dante has the mark of Hecate as an image of the three-faced goddess within a circle on each pectoral muscle. (Another reason he remains extremely fit and vain about his appearance)

Patron(s): Hecate

Powers/Abilities: Dante’s forte is espionage by using magic. Though Hecate is often ascribed to dark magic, necromancy and witchcraft, Dante’s powers are not death-related. His skills are based on Hecate’s association with entrance ways, fire, the moon, the journey and crossroads. He uses his ability and affinity for the night to enter buildings or cross areas unseen. He can cloak himself in nearly complete darkness. Portals, doors, gates rarely hold him at bay for long as his bond to Hecate allows his magic to bypass most security systems, locks and guards. He can also lift off the ground and float over barriers up to 10 feet high, however he cannot actively fly or glide.

Hecate’s association with entryways, portals and the journey is also associated with dogs so Dante is usually accompanied by a medium sized terrier mix which appears to be very approachable and friendly, but doesn’t have a name that anyone has ever heard. Hecate’s association with the journey and crossroads also affords Dante with a built in GPS and gyroscope. This allows him to always know where he is in space at any time or place.

Dante major combat contribution is that he can produce fire at will. This can range from a tiny flickering flame with which to see to a full blown offensive fireball that acts much like ancient naptha which sticks to the target and continues to burn. Through Hecate’s influence, Dante has a very good grasp of plants that have both healing and poisonous affects such as belladonna.

Weapons and Armor: Dante uses a magical top called a strophalos with specific inscriptions per side to create his spells. Outside his magic, Dante is very fit and is sure to keep up with his training in hand to hand and the use of a long spear and stiletto dagger.

Brief history: Dante came from an entertainment family. Both of his parents had been in the film industry before the war and while they were never stars, they saw regular work and lived comfortably. Dante (born David) as he grew, had to be the best at everything, he demanded attention from his family, from his friends, from complete strangers. In some ways that was good, but often it was not. Early on David began acting out by vandalizing schools or stores. His ego always got in his way, however. He had to brag about being able to get in to the schools so easily and it was never long before the Police were once more at the door of his home.

Struggling with a solution, David was sent to a youth camp to try to avert his inevitable decline into true trouble. While in the facility, David met a magician during a charity show put on for the boys in the home. The man called himself Dante and the simple cool factor of the older man’s persona carried David’s imagination away. Right then, David decided that he’d learn magic and be even more famous than anyone ever had been before. He poured himself into learning magic. He became as single minded in that pursuit as he had in gaining anyone elses attention before.

It wasn’t until he was 15 that he decided he was good enough to show his talent. And he chose the most dangerous and difficult trick he could think of to try. Without the knowledge of his parents, he got word around that he was going to enter a building meant to be imploded for the steel within the supporting concrete. It was to be melted down for the war effort. He was going to have himself chained to one of the posts, and then he’d escape before the building came down around him. Hundreds of people were already in attendance to watch the building come down, so the addition of even more onlookers went unnoticed. David and his assistant went into the building after the all clear and between them, they chained and cuffed David to one of the main support pillars. A camera was set up nearby to show David as the countdown occurred to those that had come to see him.

As the countdown started and the sirens blared warning people away from the demolition site, David began to work his way through the chains and cuffs. But he was struggling. He knew the camera was trained on him, however, so he let none of it show. His ego simple wouldn’t allow it and after all; he was a showman!. The moment of destruction got closer and closer and he finally got the cuffs off, but still had the chains about his body to contend with. His chest burned with the effort of controlling his breathing.

10-9-8-7-6…

No! He couldn’t get out in time….he struggled and slipped out from under the heavy chain. His hands were torn from the effort. His chest was on fire as he began to run for an opening cut into the wall.

5-4-3…

The world spun around David, he felt wrong, light as a feather blown in a breeze. But…the explosives hadn’t gone off yet.

2-1-Go!

A roar or sound and thunder and fire erupted all around David’s body. He was thrown dozens of feet through the air into pit that had been excavated previously to house the wiring needed in the demolition. Huge slabs of concrete fell across the opening effectively creating a sarcophagus around the deafened and disoriented boy.

What seemed like hours later, David came to his senses and realized he was buried alive. His prison was a room of 6 feet by nine feet by 3 feet high. Wait…how could he see? Looking down, he was startled to see a tiny candle flame in the palm of his hand. His chest still burned painfully and upon inspection, he found two new tattoos on his pectoral muscles. Within a dark circle was a young goddess that faced 3 different directions. One held a torch, one a top-looking thing and the other touched a dog standing at her feet. What the hell? David wondered.

Looking up at the slap of rock, and then back to the marks on his chest, David could have shouted for joy. He’d been chosen! He’d always known he was special. This was proof! His goddess…Hecate. That was the name that resounded in his head felt so right. So perfectly matched to him. Without much effort, or forethought, David took a deep breath, and he knew exactly where he was. He knew where within the collapsed building he had landed. He knew precisely how many meters north or east or south lay the best way to get out. He just knew. A little digging and a bit of slipping through some tight spaces and David wriggled free of his tomb completely filthy but mostly unscathed. Those that had come out of fascination to see if he lived or died cheered wildly and David lifted his arms, shouting in triumph and soaked in the adulation.

Inspectors and fire and rescue all rushed him as he emerged triumphant, though dirt covered from the collapsed building. Though he faced charges for trespass, David had all the press attention he could ever have wanted. He took to calling himself Dante after the old magician and things were on their way for him. Until the war. Suddenly, he found himself and his skills recruited and used to help mankind survive. He still believed he was meant for more. He was still better than the ordinary soldier, but again and again, that ego got in his way. He was damned good at what he did, but dealing with him personally was more than a trial at the best of times and he was forever being busted down in rank.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:07 pm

And Character accepted for Prelude to Victory aka Chapter 2! Now all we are waiting on is Moon Ray's character and Ruu's post (if he is going to post since it is up to him for this last round). Hopefully those two things happen soon otherwise Silvan might die from the suspense created in my last post! Laughing
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:30 pm

I have but one (well, two) responses to that...

Good Night

Followed by...

RIP
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:12 pm

~I will make a post, probably tonight or tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay, but I wasn't sure if I was to post or not.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:19 am

It's really up to you. If you want to then go ahead.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Ray Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Hey all. Nice story so far! I enjoyed reading it a lot.

New Char coming in. Lemme know, Sunny W, if something needs to be changed. Wink I'll fix it post-haste.

Letter of Introduction
Spoiler:

Char Sheet:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Moon Ray on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Moon Ray
Moon Ray
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 pm

It's quiet in here. TOO QUIET.

*runs around screaming and pushing random buttons and flicking all the light switches*

Okay! So! Is Ruu still planning on posting? Or are we moving forward with Chapter 2? Either way, I'm so ready to get past this soul-consuming cliffhanger!!!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Well, its quiet because I am doing some behind the scenes work. Like updating the first post, writing a synopsis and working on the opening post for chapter 2. I also had a busy few days over here which slowed me down a bit. I am still planning on continuing. I also need to know, for planning purposes, if Ruu is going to post or not. So how about it Ruu? You going to post?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey, party peeps. I'm posting here on behalf of Sunwolf. I've been working on a collab post with him as part of the opening for chapter 2. He wanted me to let you all know that he's still working on the first post for chapter 2, but he's traveling to Kentucky today for the weekend. He probably won't get it written until sometime next week. He apologizes for taking so long, but he had to revise his initial post after having an idea that trumped his initial one. He asks for everyone to wait a little longer, and he'll kick off chapter 2 with a game-changer. Believe me, I have no clue what this game-changer might be, but I'm excited!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Ok guys update time! Sorry this is taking so long but the good news is that I am pretty much done with my post. Silvan and I have been working on a coop post which is also almost done so very soon Chapter 2 will start. In the mean time I am going to work on updating the first post to get everything organized. Once Silvan and I finalize our coop post then Chapter 2 will be ready to start.

Edit: Feel free to post guys! Chapter 2 has finally started!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 pm

~My post is now up. I hope it's okay!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:07 am

So far the new posts for Chapter 2 have been good. Keep up the great work! We are just waiting on DM now.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Ray Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:04 am

Just to clarify.... Do we post on a turn schedule? Do I have to wait to post after Silvan again, or could I theoretically post now that Ruu has?
Moon Ray
Moon Ray
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Here is how I do posting: Usually there is no specific order but everyone gets one post per round. Once everyone has posted then I create another post and start the next round. I try to have one posting round per week. Coop posts are encouraged to make dialogue between characters more fluid. That is kind of the layout of how I do things posting wise. So since you have already posted this round you will have to wait for DM and myself to post before posting again. Does that answer your question?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Never fear! School is over until July 8th, so I'm working on a post for Dante now. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Ok, got my post up. Not as long as the chapter opener but very important in helping build up to the first big battle against Theia. Looking forward to your posts! Keep up the great post writing you guys!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:42 am

Sorry I haven't been around as much recently. I have been dealing with some very bad news. The kind of news that... well lets just say it isn't good. I am not dying or anything but yeah, still not doing well mentally. Give me a few days and hopefully I will get everything straight. Hopefully...
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm

It's no problem Sunwolf. The biggest thing is focusing on your getting better. If you need anything we're here to support you!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Take all the time you need, Sunwolf. We just want you to feel better!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:59 pm

OK time for an update. I have started working on my post again. As it is going to be a coop post it should be done sometime next week. I just needed a few days to think about things and get myself thinking straight again.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Sorry it took me so long to post. I allowed myself to get way too distracted. Anyway, I know I was working on a coop post but I decided to go a different direction. So yeah, didn't mean to disappear on you guys like that. Hopefully everyone is still up for continuing.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:31 pm

I am most definitely still down for continuing! I'll start working on a post ASAP!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 pm

~I'm definitely still up for it as well. I hope I can get a post in tonight or tomorrow, because after that I'll be at the beach with my Kindle Fire and I can't make good posts with that.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next