FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open]

+3
Talas
Ruu
Sunwolf007
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open] - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open]

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 am

Don't worry I am sure that he will find his way back to us. He's a smart little guy. Great posts guys! But I did notice one thing. Our characters are in Squad 3 of Cohort 1. Cohort 3 is the engineers of the legion while Cohort 1 is the combat personal of the legion. I know the different levels of military organization can get confusing but you'll get it once you work with it. Silvan and BoH please change your posts to reflect this.

Command structure is like this:

Legion (1)
Cohort (6 with each having its own specialty)
Squads (10 per Cohort and the group of people you work with the most)
Fire-team (20 per Cohort or 2 per squad and these are the people you always work with)

If you guys have any questions about it please let me know.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open] - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Ashes: Prelude to Victory [OOC: Open]

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking squad and cohort were just different terms for the same thing. XD
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Woops! Thanks for the catch, Sunwolf! I'll be the first to admit that I'm completely clueless when it comes to military terms and rankings. Please let me know if I make anymore mistakes like that in the future!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Not a problem. I actually know a few things about military hierarchy. Comes with being a history major. Anyway I did simplify it a lot compared to the current US chain of command. I tried to make it easy. Anyway AppleMistriss is going to do a co-op post with me for the last one of this round. Hopefully we will have it done in a few days so we can move on to the next round. Got a question though. Do we want to do another round of character interaction or get to the checkpoint and progress the main story? I say we take a vote on it. I'll vote last in case of a tie.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Personally, I think we can incorporate any character interaction into the next round. Just speaking from my perspective, I don't think I have enough material for a post dedicated just to character interaction. Lucas can answer Sophia's question and segue to the next part of the story quite easily in one post rather than breaking it up into two smaller posts.

My vote is to continue to the next part of the story.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

I vote that we continue as well. I also wouldn't have enough just for a character interaction post.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Sorry it took so long to post but I went with your advice and advanced the plot a bit. Oh and this is an image of what we are up against.

Spoiler:
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Posted! I hope I didn't steal anyone's thunder in the battle, but I just felt my muse going and had to write! Let me know if I need to edit anything. I don't know how long we want this fight to last, so I tried to leave it wide open for everyone else to jump and take a few swings.

Enjoy!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 pm

Great posts guys! No need to change anything.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Sorry to disappear like that but these last few days have been killer on my free time. Anyway I plan on getting a post up this weekend sometime. Sorry its taking so long.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:32 pm

As much as I hate triple posting in my own topic I figure I should let you guys know what is going on with the gryphon fight. I have decided to let Silvan's character finish it off and then have her owl pal come back with the reconnaissance work. If you all could hold off on posting until Silvan does that would work out great.

Edit: If you all could check your PMs before posting that would be great. I kind of have an order for this round because of plot points. Anyway this round should be pretty interesting so I am looking forward to your posts!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:25 am

Aaaand posted! I think I just broke my personal speed record for writing a post, but I knew the idea wouldn't leave me alone to go to bed until I wrote it. Hope it wasn't too rushed, and I tried to leave some room in the post for Selene to have some fun before Sophia finished off the gryphon.

I figured Lucas could use Brenden's healing expertise to check his shoulder, but let me know if I need to delete that part or if Ruu wants to take his post in a different direction. Other than that, hope you all enjoy!

I'm going to bed now...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Nope the post was great Silvan and it probably did set a new personal best speed record. Laughing In fact all the posts this round have been great. I know that we are waiting on AppleMistress but she hasn't logged on since Sunday. If she doesn't at least log on before this upcoming Sunday I will start working on a post to move things along. I don't want to get stuck waiting for someone that might not show up again so I think a week is fair enough for the amount of time to wait.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:13 am

Ok here is what is going on. I am writing a post but hoping BoH and I can get a quick coop part done so I can move the story along a bit quicker. I got a PM from AppleMistress saying she was really busy right now and wouldn't know when she would be able to post. If AppleMistress posts before me that's great but if not we will be moving on without her (she gave me permission to move on so she doesn't slow anything down).
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:27 am

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Sunwolf. I know it's midterm week over here, so I imagine it's getting to be that time for most people in school. I'm looking forward to seeing the coop you and BoH write!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 am

~Alrightie! Sounds good! Thanks for the update!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Sorry the post took so long but both BoH and I were really busy last week. Anyway I got the post up and moved the story on a bit. I was figuring this would be a good point for some character interaction again. You know, before the whole prophecy starts being a problem once they reach the crash site. Yeah, its going to be fun once we get to the crash site. I have already been working on my first post of that sequence. Something to look froward to but anyway sorry things took so long and hopefully the next round goes a bit faster than the last.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Posted. I tried to start up some character interaction, and also anyone can feel free to strike up a conversation with Sophia. She's not the most outgoing when it comes to starting conversations, but she'll gladly respond.

Gah...Sunwolf, it's too EARLY in the game to start killing off characters! Razz I'm anxious to see what happens next!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 pm

~Awesome posts! This RP is getting really exciting! I was just checking before I posted if I needed to know anything before Brenden went on his scouting mission.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:00 am

Well, my thinking was to have 2 posting rounds at the current site to really establish character connections in between squad-mates. Plus with 2 rounds it would give Brenden a chance to talk with the squad before his scouting. I will PM you the details for the next round when you do your scouting. Anyway that was the plan since I got mid terms this week and spring break is next week character interactions sound like a good idea because I don't know what my availability is going to be like (other than crazy different). I am really glad you all are liking this. Oh and Silvan its never too early to kill off people, making them stay dead is a different story. Razz Or is it? Laughing In good time yall will know what the prophecy means.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:19 pm

All right, I did say I didn't know what my availability would be. It turned out to be almost nonexistent on FoG. Now that Spring Break is over I should be on more regularly. We are just waiting for BoH to post and then Ruu gets to go on a scouting mission. I'll shoot her a PM to see how her post is coming along. Sorry for disappearing like that on you guys.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 pm

No worries, Sunwolf. My spring break just ended as well, so I understand people disappearing during that time. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Bird of Hermes wrote:I am going on a bit of a hiatus until at least the end of March. My education methods course demands all my attention and I am sure some of you have noticed my reluctance to commit to role-plays, delay with posts or withdrawal from existing role-plays. I am hoping for more time in April, but right now I cannot be active.

BoH got really busy and posted this in her availability topic. What is going to happen with this RP is I am going to NPC her character and we will continue on from my next post. I'll have to get everything organized so it may take a few days.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Ok since it has been a while since someone has posted in the IC I am going to split my next post up. Applemistress, Silvan and I are working on a 3 person coop piece because it sounded like something I needed to try. So this will make Ruu able to post again and get some progress going. It seems that Applemistress has been very busy as of late which is delaying our 3 coop post. I still intended on continuing this RP so I figured I should post saying so.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:45 pm

I was actually about to PM you and ask what was going on with the RP. Thanks for the update!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:04 pm

~Awesome! I'm glad it's still going! Should I post then or wait?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 am

Yeah, go ahead with your recon post and use the info from my much earlier PM. Our 3 person coop post is going to take a while but I did get a PM back from Applemistress saying she is working on it. Sorry for the long delay caused by both Applemistress and myself. We have been busy. Like I said, I am totally going to push this thing forward since I am really enjoying it. We have to get to the crash site at least! I already have my post ready for it since the scene wouldn't leave me alone.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 am

I certainly hope we can get much farther than the crash site! I mean, that's just the first mission! I have my laptop back after sending it off for repairs, so I should be quick to turn around any portions for the coop post.

Ruu, feel free to incorporate the owls into your post however you like.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:51 am

It seems as if AppleMistress is very busy with real life right now. She sent me a PM asking to drop out of the RP. I guess that means its just the 3 of us left. I will start working on the coop post then. Without AppleMistress it would by my turn. I am going to be busy the rest of the weekend and early next week, so don't expect anything to soon. Oh and awesome post Ruu.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Awww, I'm sorry to hear Apple Mistress won't be here anymore. And thanks, I'm glad it was a good post! I was hoping I didn't mess anything up.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next