FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

+6
Skitzo-phrenick
Silvan Arrow
Dio the Awesome
Bird of Hermes
Kyrt Malthorn
YenWen
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC- - Page 2 Empty Re: A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

Post by YenWen Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:39 pm

You could say "Someone online got me sick" and see if it works >>

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC- - Page 2 Empty Re: A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

Post by YenWen Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Harper, I like where you're going with it, but I'd like a bit more detail, if you will :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Okay, I edited it, let me know your thoughts, sorry if the language is ugly, I just wanted it to match the character since the sheet is in first person for me.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Here we go.... Character Sheet. If any of you don't want to bother reading through the whole thing the character sheet questions are the color purple, though I suggest your read it all since my characters personality is shown through this as well.

=Recording=

GIRL: What's that?

INTERROGATOR: Just something to help me remember our conversation here.

GIRL: How?

INTERROGATOR: I'll explain later. Right now let's focus on your questioning alright? -pauses to take a breath- Now what's your name?

-Silence fills the room interrupted by large thumps of static from the recording device-
INT.: Hey!
-Quick shuffling sounds go on in the background briefly-
INT.: Focus. I'll explain the recorder later. Not tell me what is your name?

GIRL: Rebbecca Bright, but most people just call me Becca.

INT.: Okay, and you're how old?

GIRL: Last I remember mom said I'm 13, but that might have changed by now.

INT.: Since people can't see you why don't we describe what you look like for those listening.

-silence follows with a few ricketing squeaks to fill the space-

INT.: -sigh- I guess I'll do it. Becca's a small girl (about 5'2" in height). She's got a medium umber color to her skin which has darkened even further thanks to her time out in the sun, and dark brown eyes with short hair dyed pink in a messy mop look. Her face and body are child like in nature and seemingly innocent looking to accompany her smallness.

-A faint tapping sound starts in the background-

INT.: She's got big expressive eyes on a round face and her build is lean, showcasing small amounts of muscle (she most likely earned due to probably more unanswered illegal behaviors).

-tapping grows louder-

INT.: Despite that thought she's proven to be very strong, energetic, and flexi-- Will you please stop that?!

-the tapping stops abruptly followed by an irritated huff-

INT.: Other than the pink hair she has no real identifying marks aside from the small scar on her brow, and--

BELLA: BORED!!!!

INT.: Well if you'd be more helpful we could get through this faster and I can let your parents know where they need to pick you up.

BELLA: -irritated groan of childlike quality-

INT.: -clears throat- She seems to have little to no care for her appearance aside from the pinkness of her hair and the regular maintenance that comes with the white hooded cloak synonymous with her lifestyle. I don't understand how she keeps it as whit as it is because she has the behavior of an adolescent chip and likes to run, climb, and jump off things... especially when running FROM something.

BECCA: Well aren't you rude?

INT.: Alright, let's go into your current life, shall we? For starters, what is your cloak for?

BECCA (as if reading from a pamphlet): "It's a symbol of innocence and purity for the younger members to remind us to strive for sincerity, justice, and kindness towards all beings. Also it's to make stand out a bit more amongst our surroundings. Pokemon are wild, frequently beaten and abused creatures so it's dangerous to spook them if you live with a lot of them around. Also it wards away those who would attempt to corrupt us with the desecration of these creatures." -pause- Though from my experience it only attracts nothing but trouble.

INT.: How so?

-a flurry of movement sounds-
BECCA: I didn't get this scar on my face from a pokemon, I'll tell you that! People don't take kindly to our way of thinking and a couple of years ago some drunkard thought it would be funny to throw a half full bottle of whatever he was drinking at my face. Also some Pokemon aren't the kind to cower and are more the kind to attack so the cloak is really like one giant target sometimes.

INT.: Fascinating. Now what about your home-life?

BECCA: Exhausting! There's helping the wild pokemon avoid the hunters, maintaining the grounds, hunting food for ourselves, trying help the sicker creatures. Also it doesn't help that we try to not be too dependable on the Pokemon so rather than make them do all the work, we work together on things, and somethings we don't have the pokemon help us with at all. "They work with us not for us."

INT.: Interesting.

BECCA: Also there are protests and ralleys and such, but that's mostly for the adults. They don't let us younger ones go on account of how dangerous they can become.

INT.: So what do you do?

BECCA: I help in the Pokemon Center's recovery ward with Nurse Joy and her Chansey, so I'll be better able to help the wild or abused ones we come across in the wild. I can't take care of the extremely serious injuries but I have a better understanding of the different Pokemon anatomy and chemistry involved. I'll also go and help stop hunters and trainers in catching more wild Pokemon too but usually dad get's mad and yells at me a lot after. -grumbles-

INT.: And what does your mom think?

BECCA: She thinks it's great! Dad calls her encouragable. -laughs-

INT.: So life at home is good?

BECCA: Pretty much. It gets boring pretty quickly, which is why I also get yelled at a lot for staying in town too long. "We're supposed to help at the Center and leave," dad says but that can get boring after a while. The area we 'Pokethusiasts' as you call us live in is very closed off from the rest of the city due to the danger and corruption, so we don't have many of the entertaining things here. We mostly just work and laze about.

INT.: Okay, do you have any pokemon of your own?

BECCA (reciting): "Pokemon are not to be owned or got. They are creatures of the wild. We are blessed to be bestowed with their abilities and kindness. To own them for their gifts is theft of righteousness from the god who gave them to us." I do have many pokemon friends though, but they come and go as they please. The only one that's with me pretty much always is a Gastly I found in one of the caves in the nearby forest.

-There's a pause of silence followed by a scream from the interrogator-
INT.: AH!!!! What is a pokemon doing in my interrogation room?!

BECCA (sounding quite pleased): I told you. He follows me everywhere. He's a Haunter now though.

INT. (extremely nervous): Okay... a-awesome... is there anything else we should know?

-A loud clatter escapes through the room as a chair scrapes across the floor and something sounds like it fell to the ground carelessly-
BECCA: YES! I don't care if that spoiled brat's parents files charges or not! I took his Coffing and he won't be getting it back no matter how hard you try to make me! Abusing a pokemon physically, mentally, or sexually is a crime against nature and her god! You forfeit the right to be near this creatures by committing these sins! His Coffing was returned to the wild and it WON'T be coming back!!

INT. (nervous): Please calm dow--

BECCA: And another thing, Officer Jenny (if that IS your real name)--

OFFICER JENNY: Please sit-

BECCA: No matter how many times you stop me I'll NEVER give up saving a pokemon who needs me. You can count on that!

OFFICER JENNY: Miss Bright, you need to take your seat or I'll be forced to restrain you.

BECCA: Let's go, Haunter!

-Chaos ensues with loud crashing and swearing and orders everywhere. The recording deeviced is bumped around a bit and crackles loudly-

=End Recording=

See... that's what time at work and seeing first person character sheets does to me.... My writing runs away with me. And now you know what I meant by 'unconventional.'

I know it's not all that obvious here, but in Becca's worship is predicated that the pokemon are not gods themselves but the next best thing to them. They are essentially direct gifts from god himself.... kind of like the Pope's status in the Catholic church.

Last edited by Skitzo-phrenick on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:54 pm

I like it for the most part, just a couple things:

-First off, pokemon wouldn't really say their names. The only ones I can accept really speaking are psychic types and only those to a certain extent through telepathy. They're animals, creatures, and would more likely sound like them. If you like, you can base what they sound like based on their name-sound, it's up to you. (I'd also like some clarification on how a ghost-type could work. B.S. logic is fine)

-Second, Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny would be very varied. I can believe them in major cities, but not all of them. Perhaps they could be surnames, instead? Just an idea to wrap around.

-Third, Pokemon centers wouldn't be what we have idealized. They'd be a lot larger and more like hospitals, most likely for humans that have had pokemon-inflicted injuries and pokemon themselves, and there'd be more than just Nurse Joy and Chansey. They also would be a free stay as the appear to be for trainers. They'd either require actual payment for treatment or be insurance-based.

Other than that, I really liked it :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Okay. I'll edit what I can in, but right now I'm a bit fried. Good thing I brought more of this stuff up though since all the stuff you mentioned seems like things we'll be interacting with quite a bit more than other such things. From what I see though I DON'T have to edit the mentioning of Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy though. Am I right to assume that part was just a clarification rather than an ask for edit?

As for the BS logic. Haunter is not a solid base life form, he is a gas with a single microscopic solid entity working as the brain. Through this brain form it manipulates the gaseous air molecules around it to take on the appearance of a solid state or basically disappear altogether. This realistic version of Haunter can NOT travel through walls. The brain can pass through small spaces and the gaseous part of his body follows. Naturally since his body is basically a gaseous cloud he's not a very strong Pokemon for physical strikes. So his attacks are more chemical reactions to the body itself as well as the already established psychic (which I'm depending heavily on here) attributes.

... I don't know where I'd put the BS logic in the character sheet.

As for the Pokemon center Becca can still be a volunteer or going through an internship.... or since she was in trouble with Jenny... be on probation *chuckles*. I'll do some edits to make it work better though. Haunter will just make random unexplained noises and I'll change up Becca's answer about Nurse Joy a bit.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Thank you, and you don't need the logic in the character sheet, I just wanted a little explanation :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:30 pm

You know when I think about it more because Haunter is only a gas and a brain he CAN'T make sounds... I'll take those out altogether. Probably the best he can do is manipulate things and cause THEM to make sounds but nothing through his physical form.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:31 pm

If he manipulates his gaseous substance maybe he could funnel air and make a hissing sound?
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Hmm... that makes sense.... still something probably too quite to be heard on a recording though, but I'll definitely save that for later... he probably has a hissing sound that accompanies him when he's moving as well.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 pm

With the array of characters we have already... this could get interesting.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Indeed it could. I'll give the weekend to fix things, add things, get some generalizations, ect, and we'll start the roleplay on Monday.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:47 am

Nice. I'm excited. I kinda feel like being the bad guy in this RP, since we have a wide variety of characters, maybe trying to recruit Haper's character for the evil side.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 am

Shit... I was planning on having a Haunter myself, is there any ruling on duplicates? I mean, in theory there shouldn't be, but having two people try to BS an explanation for the same pokemon might be more trouble than it's worth, and mine differed from Skitzo's pretty significantly (it COULD move through walls, and a few other differences).

Should I just pick a different pokemon?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:24 pm

The way I see it, Chain, you have some choices:

You could A. Collaborate with Skitzo on the Haunter situation, see if there's room for compromise.

or

B. Use a different ghost pokemon with similar attributes.

Or just not using a ghost type, if nothing else fits what you need. It's up to you.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:26 pm

If you come up with better BS logic to make all Haunter's powers work, Chain, I wouldn't give a damn if you had a duplicate. For lack of confusion's sake though you might want to name yours.... or I'll name mine. Whatever.

I know my logic was pretty limited anyway. Also I think the double Haunter's would be a great way to show how common the pokemon are. I would suggest yours isn't the only pokemon for your character though as it is the only one for mine and I'd think it would limit the capabilities for your character.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:39 pm

This thing sure is moving fast. I should have time tomorrow to make a character. I hope I can make it as good as the ones I have read so far.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Dio: It depends on where things go in the beginning, but yes I see Roman playing on the "bad guy's'" side.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:04 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I lost my post twice because of stupid Internet Explorer. I will repost when I get home.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Ugh, I hate when that happens :< And it's always so hard to get it the way it was before.

And just so it's clarified with everyone, the setting is in Unova (Where ever you care to be) during, say, late spring, early summer. I know that can sometimes be a problem and can cause inconsistency.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Wait, I'm confused. Is there an IC thread up now? I just checked the IC board and didn't see one. Either I'm missing something, overly paranoid, or just losing my mind.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:48 pm

There's not, but I felt some people may be currently working on opening posts (As I am, currently) so I thought clarifying setting would be helpful.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying! Mondays and Tuesdays are pretty crazy for me, but I'll try to get up a post once the week settles down.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm just gonna wait for the IC to come up with my first post. In the meantime I'm freshening up on my Pokemon and running through Bulbapedia. Kyrt isn't the only one here who has been rather distant from the Pokemon fandom for a while.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:26 am

IC

Get to posting :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:12 am

Okay, my post is up, it's simple little thing just supposed to introduce Amp and Roman's relationship. The stream and road are pretty nondescrpit because I'm not sure where I want to place them yet, I'll add those details later.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 am

Alright. I was going to put a large post detailing how I thought all the different pokemon types could work. I found out I do not have the patience for it, especially when they might not even crop up in the RP. However, if anyone requests my ideas on a specific pokemon or type of attack (ie: fire) I will gladly provide input.

As for Officer Jenny / Nurse Joy. I had an idea.

Female cops are called Jennies as a slang term, hence why male cops are just called officers.

A 'joy' nurse is simply the nurse assigned to work reception, which is why they are always cheery.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 am

I like that, actually :3 I'd like to use that.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:28 am

My apologies for the delay in posting. I've been super busy getting work done and volunteering today, and I teach for six hours tomorrow after my morning class. I'll try to post Thursday or Friday.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 am

Not a problem, Silvan :3 I was beginning to figure that's how it'd turn out for most. Beginning of the week isn't good for most, I'm gathering.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next