FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War is War OOC [Closed]

+4
Crimson Saint
Kail DeWraith
Dio the Awesome
Blackrock
8 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

War is War OOC [Closed] - Page 4 Empty Re: War is War OOC [Closed]

Post by Blackrock Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:05 am

Meh, I've yet to hear from Spectre....guess I'll just start writing another post. Hopefully, he'll manage to catch up when he comes back.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:06 am

*Epic yay face when Blackrock*
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 am

Hey guys, will I be seeing IC posts from you any time soon? *taps fingers*
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:01 am

I'm here good sir. I must admit my head hasn't been in the literary circle recently. But I'll try to have something up tomorrow.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 pm

Don't worry, I know what you mean; I've been distracted too lately. Take your time, I'm in no rush as you can see....just wanted to hear if people were still around.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:21 pm

I didn't even notice that it was up. I will work on it immediately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:36 pm

I've been busy myself, but I'll post something early this coming week.
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:35 am

I was only checking the OOC for a comment on a new post. I had no idea there was a new one up Surprised
Dominique
Dominique
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:02 am

Meh some soldiers you guys are, talk about awareness....can't even see when a new post is up. /angrymumble
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:44 pm

This is my hat-toss. I'm working with Blackrock right now through PM's on a few details. Once we get a few other bits sorted out I'm going to get my character sheet in.

On a side note: Any of you long-time FOGer's will know that I am (and always have been) a military-interested person. I took a 6 month hiatus in 09 to join the Army and came back with even more knowledge (mostly useful, lol) about many things military related, which could be pertinent to this story. The point I'm trying to make is this: I know military stuff. If you're feeling unsure about something to do with just about anything from proper courtesy's, ceremony, all the non combat stuff, on up to individual movement tactics, good weapon practices etc it couldn't hurt to ask.

THAT SAID, this is Blackrock's RP, so anything I say could become moot in about .001 seconds, especially considering that these things I know may not necessarily be as useful 3000+ years from now. Judging from what I've read in the IC/interest check/this OOC, this is going to be awesome.

Anyway, I am excited to get started!
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 pm

I have a question, where do you want me end the post?

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 pm

At about the third trench-line, somewhere there. You can stop before it or end the post as you assault it, just don't jump in it (so to speak) yet. I don't like restricting you guys, but for the sake of the plot, I'll be keeping you on a shorter leash. Wink
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:43 pm

K. Post will be up then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Yay! Deadeye! Good to see ya bro.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks for the warm re-welcoming dude, it means a lot to be remembered, really!

Right, so after about a billion PM's between Blackrock and me, I think I've got my CS down, as well as a bunch of other details worked out. Man, this RP is gonna be awesome Very Happy

Name
Full Name:
Alex Richardson
Use Name: Rico
Player: DeadEye

Apperance and Gender
Height and Build: 5' 8" thin, non-muscular
Phycal Description: Alex has a less than imposing figure. He stands at less than average height, with a small amount of muscle and meager shoulder structure. He's thin all around, and tends to slouch. His black hair is cut high and tight, with the sides and back being shaved completely by a razor blade in true 'jar head' style, although Alex has no idea what that term means. His entire facial structure is somewhat child-like, with softer edges rather than chiseled features, particularly in his brow, chin, and jaw. He's a bit of a 'pretty boy', featuring somewhat longer eyelashes, slim eyebrows, a perfectly shaped nose, and very slightly curved lips. His skin is slightly tanned, and his eyes are so blue that they seem black until examined in good light. He has a single small scar on his chin, about a millimeter thick and two centimeters long, running at a diagonal downward. Looking straight forward, the scar is barely noticeable; it's most visible when Alex is looking up.

Equipment: Standard Green jumpsuit and Green beret, combat boots, rifle and spare ammunition. I'll update this after the trial by fire with the engineer gear, armor, personal effects...etc.

Skills & Personality
Desired Role:
Engineer
Skills: Apart from his training, Alex has worked on a multitude of mechanical devices. He's been working with them since his childhood. He is very good at improvising with materials, devices, and their individual parts. He also has a rather good sense of balance, and steady, decisive hands.

Personality: Alex is a very quiet type who generally doesn't speak unless he's spoken to. He isn't lacking for initiative, and will generally maintain his duties without a word. When he actually does speak, he's overly polite, and uses as little words as possible without implying rudeness. His manners are suited more for a high-class butler than a soldier. He is almost maniacally devoted to his work, and takes his job seriously. He has little time for smart asses and nonchalance, and simply reserves his silence in the presence of such people. This can make him seem like a complete shut-in, which isn't really the case. Off duty, he is very open, and generally accepted as an interesting and friendly person.

Alex has no strong spiritual guidelines by which he lives. He can easily be described as a moral and ethical person, but harbors no beliefs about what lies beyond death, karma, spiritualism, or phenomena beyond his understanding. His main vice is smoking, which is a family-wide tradition. It seems to have little, if any effect on his steady hands, and the same can be said for his overall health. It's likely that one can find him lighting a cigarette soon after combat is over, and almost definitely when he's performing his engineering duties outside of a combat zone.

Biography:
Alex was born into a lower middle class family in 1319 on Solcrun, a planet designated as a reclamation effort for hardware of all kinds. The scrap yards are the main feature of this arid planet, with housing developments and cities situated in strips throughout. As a settlement grows, it pushes outward in circular fashion like the hands of a clock, eventually turning any usable material into a city, a process that takes several lifetimes to accomplish. The excess and unusable components are traded with other cities and planets to generate income, with the highest social class living in low-orbital stations. Many recycling companies, ship builders, military contractors, and arms dealers operate on the surface, providing jobs for the majority of the populace. In general, a massive scrap yard is initially purchased by a company, stripped for all of it's usable parts, and sold to another entity, or abandoned depending on the potential of what is left behind. For the everyday worker, life consists of stripping specific parts from the scrap, re-manufacturing the materials, and collecting a paycheck. Strict laws are enforced pertaining to using scrap for personal uses, and many materials are treated like controlled substances depending on their value. Scrap being unloaded planet-side is heavily moderated, as radiation, chemical, and biological materials could disrupt the planet's ecosystem, potentially turning it into a giant, inhabitable rock.

Until he was 22, Alex worked for a government funded company, making low wages in exchange for a steady job; such was custom with many families on Solcrun. The regulations for employment were strict, and Alex found himself constantly in check. About a year ago, the company introduced a stipend for workers willing to join the Legion, with an additional guarantee (although it was already mandatory) of employment after coming back from the war. With hopes of someday moving to a nicer planet with a less caste-like environment, Alex left work without a trace, and ended up naturally entering the engineering field within the Legion. His life has been pretty simple, and innocent, to this point in his life. That is very likely to change.

EDIT:
So, pending approval et all, where should I start and end my post?
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:16 pm

In response to your offer Deadeye, I was wondering if you had any tips for me on handling the types of things a sniper would do in order to increase accuracy and decrease the odds of being discovered. Up until this point I have been trying to use my own logic, and I would like some tips from an expert.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Ah well I'm certainly no 'expert' on being a sniper, but I can tell you plenty of things that the military teaches it's snipers these days. There's a lot more that goes into it than most people think. In today's Army (at least in the US) it's the hardest secondary school a soldier can go through. I'll start writing a PM right now Smile

EDIT: Sent.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 am

Welcome aboard DeadEye! Good to see more cannon fod....errr soldiers joining our ranks Smile

Up to this point, nothing much has happened plotwise. Our characters started out in the first line of trenches, they are now assaulting the third and fourth (which are basically one big system, as I'll describe in my next post) Between that, you have total freedom of where you can start and where you can end up, provided you don't actually go into the third line of trenches.

I'd say that, like the others, you start out in dropship or somewhere near it and work your way from there. You don't have to end up in the same platoon where my guy is (as well as Dio's), there are plenty of other units all over the place. For reference, check the maps I've made in the previous two pages.

And oh lol, PM's from DeadEye...wish you luck Dio, as you'll certainly need it Razz /hides
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Gonna need another day to get my post up. I spent all day being sick and helping a friend move his broken down car. I'm about to hit the bed, but I'll back at it tomorrow. Bleh
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Pardon the double post, but I wanted to let you guys and girls know that my post is up. If any of it is confusing, or seems like it needs fixing, please let me know. This is my first RP post in over 6 months!

Also, while I put "Rico" as my character's recognized name, I will call him by his first name in the first few posts. This is because he hasn't gotten to know the rest of the characters yet, and obviously hasn't given them his nickname. 'Recruit A.Richardson' was a little too long to be practical, so I stuck with the happy medium.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:07 pm

It seems fine to me. A double post is sometimes necessary for the length. Welcome back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:41 am

That was an awesome post DeadEye, just what I'm looking for.

And don't fret about the names, I'm quite liberal when it comes to my character's ones. I use his first name, his surname, his rank and will probably use the good ol' "Sarge" at some point.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Any eta on the next post?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Hum. Feel free to skip me if needed. Ever since my dad passed away I've been buried in work and whatnots. I can write, but I really can't give you a date for it >< So yeah, if needed I'll just catch up later. Wouldn't want to keep you guys even longer.
Dominique
Dominique
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm in no rush, being swamped with stuff myself; I've already skipped over Spectre and only because I haven't heard from him, I'd hate to do that to another member. As usual, you guys are free to think of your next post as nothing drastic is planned. If the waiting does get too long and people aren't OK with it anymore, I'll go ahead and post.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:03 am

Take as much time as you need. I am swamped as well, I have only been getting about 5 hours of sleep a night for the last month.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 am

I'm sure we all can agree that THIS is really what war is like.

War
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Just giving the thread a nudge. What's our status Blackrock?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

I've spoken to Dominique, on whom we've been waiting; she's a bit...ehh, lost as the moment - not really having much for her character to do at this point. (makes sense considering the character) So she's content with us just pushing along and grabbing all the glory...and bullets, she'll catch up at her own pace. So yeah, I'll start working on a post soonish. Bear in my mind that I am busy these days, so it will probably not come until the weekend. Still, better than nothing, eh?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:14 pm

No worries. I'm okay with a slow paced RP so long as she don't die.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next