FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC}

+2
Silvan Arrow
Eternity
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Empty FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC}

Post by Eternity Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:08 am

This is for all you FFX fans who want a literate roleplay. Even if you don't know anything about FFX, sign up and you'll learn as we go. I want to make this open for all people!

Final Fantasy X: Resurrection

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} My_pet_PyreFly_

- - Years of the Calm have come, and people have become accustomed to the peace without fear. The world of Spira has grown to be a loving world, and has begun to rebuild its old memories into new ones, new memories with new meanings... - -

New places have begun to rise; new shops, new stores, new extensions of the land. But one place in particular will alter history. This place's reconstruction will turn this world into the place it once was. The place of fear, of nightmares, and of secrecy...

This place is Zanarkand.

Yet it rises, years after Sin has fallen. And the city has become functional again. A second Blitzball Dome is born here, and the city is prosperous as always. The city itself, is complete. Ready for living. Ready for life to return.

And it has. People bustle along these streets, run along these corridors and runways, walking through what was once a destroyed figment of history...

But deep underground, construction continues. People search and seek whatever it is that seems to haunt the workers here...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Found anything?" A male voice echoed softly through the crumbled stone hall. Deep underground, there sat a stretch of catacombs almost, but what they held was unknown. Above ground, though, life continued. The night's people could be heard echoing into the stone chamber, the voices muffled and echoing so softly. But strangely, deep in his own mind, Rae heard something calling to him. Calling his name...

"Nope." He lied. Though it was somewhat the truth. He hadn't found anything. Only heard it. Over and over.

He slid his hands down as he took on the south-half of the corridor, ridding of the crumbled rock over the cobblestone path that led into a wall. Rae would wrap his wiry dirtied hands around a thick rock, lift it, and put it down elsewhere. Trying to uncover this wall.
Warren asked him what made him want to work over at the south end, but Rae had no answer. The closer he got to the wall, the more he felt it. Calling to him. Reaching out. It had to be on the other side.
Whatever it was. Rae didn't seem to care. Just that it was making his fingertips tingle when he reached closer and closer...

After moving the last few rocks, he saw something engraved into the wall. Cracks ran through the deep gray stone, and distorted the look of it actually being a door. But the carvings were intricate and old, and Rae could almost see glyphs glowing when he drew his dirty fingers over the door.

Finding a small indent in the door, he pushed, and the entire stone figure shifted back.

Warren snapped his head back and watched, watched as Rae stepped into a chamber of pitch darkness.

"H-hey, Rae? Wh-what are you doing? Rae?... Rae, can you hear me?" Warren watched as the outline of his partner disappeared into the darkness, and the door slid back into place...

In the dark room, Rae felt a bit of fear swelling beneath his breast. But he contained it, leaning more for the voice that echoed softly in his mind, swaying him further into the depths. Finally, he extended his hand, fingertips ecstatic to touch something he knew was there.

But Rae had no idea what he was about to awaken.

He thought, almost, that he had reached a mirror, for as his hand came closer to this object, or plane of sorts, he could see another hand mimicking his, coming closer.

When he touched the glass-like film, the other hand reaching to his own, light began to fade into play, from inside of the bubble-like cocoon. Inside was a face written in the dark scriptures of history. Blue eyes, a sharp look with a soft set of masculine features. Blue lightning-like marks down the forehead, and blue hair. This man was... was...

Rae realized what he had done. He stepped back, wide green eyes alight with horror. But the man inside this thin crystalline womb was emerging, pressing his long clawed fingers against the edge. The film began to crack, and Rae opened his lips to scream. But the room was suddenly tense, so devoid of oxygen that he couldn't draw a breath. His knees buckled as light burst from the breaking cocoon, and pyreflies erupted by the hundreds. An eerie sound of haunted souls filled the room with Rae's scream as the pyreflies delved into him, shot into his mouth and filling his body. Then, the soul of Seymour, envious and vengeful, broke forward, grasping the man by the neck until Seymour himself had become apart of this man. And the transformation was complete. And it was born, of the male's body, of the haunted and envious pyreflies, and of Seymour's wicked remains.

A new monster was born...

=======================================================================

All right people! So the story is about the birth of a monster, wicked and dark. He has come to cast his reign upon the people, his judgment after all these years of Calm. He believes that repent must be paid for people to truly honor and admire their own lives. And his judgment and rule will be born of fear and hatred.

He seeks the destruction of Spira, piece by piece.

And you shall stop him!

RULES:
-This adventure will be dictated by me. If you do of your own thing, introduce bosses or things that I do not approve of via PM first, I will choose to ignore you, and if I have to warn you/ignore you twice, you will be kicked from the roleplay.
-No Godmodding. You cannot control what another character says or does. Please, that is just a big peeve to me and many others. Don't do it.
-Be as literate as you can be. Try not to text talk, or make mistakes. Mistakes are okay, but just try to scan your posts for errors and things.
-Post according to the Advanced Section Requirements (30 solid sentences/4 or 5 solid paragraphs of five sentences or more). I want this to be done well. This is one of my more structured roleplays.
-Cursing is okay, just don't get carried away.
-Obey RPG rules. Sexuality can go to the PMs if it gets too hot.
-When I change chapters, you cannot post until I post first, to help instruct and dictate that chapter.
-Characters will level up by my doing so.
-All characters start out LEVEL ONE.
-Post 'Hey Ben' at the bottom of your post to let me know you read this.
-You do not take your character to the IC until you have MY APPROVAL FIRST.
-Please, have fun!

Race:

-Al Bhed: A race of nimble people from the Bikanel Islands (although they exist several other places as well), well accustomed to stealing and mechanical construction (Making machina).
-Ronso: A race of beast-like creatures from Mt. Gagazet. They are good fighters and can learn foe's moves.
-Spiran: A normal person of Spira. They have many varying talents, and are found just about everywhere.
-Guado: Lanky beings of long proportion of Guadosalem. These creatures are good with magic, and are very speedy/hasty creatures.

Class:

-Black Mage: Good with the dark arts, and elemental magicks.
-White Mage: Good with healing arts and protection magicks. Can summon when given permission by me.
-Red Mage: Good with both magic and fighting, skills about level both ways. Not specialized.
-Heavy Swordsman: Good with strong fighting, especially against armored enemies. (May use Axes/other)
-Light Swordsman: Good with quick fighting, especially against nimble enemies. (Katanas/light swords/spears/other)
-Blitz Warrior: Good with airborne enemies of most kinds.
-Thief: Good with stealing and using weapons such as 'Grenade'. Also good synthesizers (if you need elaboration, just ask).

Skills you may start with: (B/W Mages get none. Heavy/Light/Blitz/Red/ pick ONE)

{Thieves start out with 'Steal'}

-Dark Attack: R/other
-Silence Attack: R/other
-Sleep Attack: R/other
-Focus: B
-Reflex: B/R/thief/other
-Cheer: R/thief/other

Magicks you may start with: (B/W Mages pick FOUR, R Mage pick ONE)

-Fire: B/R Mage
-Blizzard: B/R Mage
-Thunder: B/R Mage
-Water: B/R Mage

-Cure: W/R Mage
-Esuna: W/R Mage
-Nul-Blaze: W/R Mage
-Nul-Frost: W/R Mage
-Nul-Shock: W/R Mage
-Nul-Tide: W/R Mage

Magicks you MAY NOT start with:

-Protect: W/R
-Shell: W/R
-Haste: R
-Slow: R
-Regen: W
-Cura: W
-Bio: B/R
-Death: B
-Demi: B
-Drain: R
-Osmose: R
-Flare: B
-Ultima: R/B

-Advanced Elements (Fira/Watera/Blizzara/Thundara : Firaga/Waterga/Blizzaga/Thundaga)

Character Sheet:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (pic or description, no anime, something realistic unless you've a Guado or Ronso)
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Weapons:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Magic:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

Thanks. My characters:::
- I will be playing the bad guy, so suck it up. I won't have people turned against each other because it flictates the roleplay. And yes, I know. Flictates is not a word. But it works ;P...
-I'll also have another character to play along in our group.
-Oh yeah, I'll have narration sometimes to lead the storyline.

Enjoy!

~Eternity

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a map of Spira, as it was in FFX. The basic outlay is pretty simple, and all we'll really need for now. When things get a bit more complex, I'll bring them into play.

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Ffxmap

Information!:

Battle System: When fighting multiple enemies, don't worry about it. I'll supply you with your fight, and bla bla. It's nothing important, you can post your response to my narration when you please.
-When it comes to fighting bosses though, there is a system that will be put in place. Below, at the Character Upkeep Section, each character has a number. This number will determine the order. Since Roe is one, if she attacks the boss first, then next will be Ikanon. If Ikanon attacks first, whoever is number 3 will be next to attack. We will cycle through like this to keep order and assure that everyone gets to attack the boss. When fighting bosses, you may only make one attack or one cast (use of magic) per turn, unless I narrate otherwise.

What's a Calm?: A long time ago, a creature named Sin was born. He destroyed so much, and killed so many. People believed he was the punishment for all their machina and city growth; that it was consequence. But Summoners were born, raised. They went from temple to temple, going to pray to the spirits to gain Aeons. With Aeons, and the Final Summon, they could kill Sin temporarily. The period where Sin was no longer alive, before he was born again, was called a Calm.

Where is Sin now?: Sin has been eternally purged, and is no longer active. This is the lasting Calm, after Lady Yuna, a Summoner, and her Guardians went and fought Sin.

What is Blitzball?: Blitzball is a sport played in a water sphere (which people can breath in). It is played team against team, with a goal on either side of the sphere. The point is to take the blitzball and take it to the other side. To pass, you must throw the ball. To shoot, you must kick it. Bla bla, you'll get it eventually lol.

CHARACTER UPKEEP:

1) Roe
Level 2 Red Mage
Overdrive 1- "Choke Hold"
Weapon- Steel Whip
Special- __
Skills-
-Dark Attack
Magic- Cure |
Items- Potion {x3} |
~Strength 3
~Defense 2
~Magic Offense 2
~Magic Defense 1
~Magic Durability 1
~Evasion 3
~Agility 2

2) Narisa
Level 2 White Mage
Overdrive 1- "Mercy of the Soul"
Weapon- Winged Staff
Special- __
Skills- __
Magic- Cure | Esuna | Nul-Tide | Nul-Blaze |
Items- Potion {x3} | Ether
~Strength 0
~Defense 0
~Magic Offense 3
~Magic Defense 4
~Magic Durability 4
~Evasion 3
~Agility 3

3) Josef
Level 2 Heavy Swordsman
Overdrive 1- "Rev"
Weapon- Embedded Blade
Special- Cheer |
Skills- __
Magic- __
Items- Potion {x3} |
~Strength 6
~Defense 5
~Magic Offense 0
~Magic Defense 0
~Magic Durability 0
~Evasion 1
~Agility 2

4) Sivan
Level 2 Thief
Overdrive 1- "Sneak Attack"
Weapon- Kilij & Gauche
Special- __
Skills- Steal | Use
Magic- __
Items- Potion {x3} | Grenade {x5}
~Strength 3
~Defense 2
~Magic Offense 0
~Magic Defense 0
~Magic Durability 0
~Evasion 4
~Agility 5

5) Luke
Level 2 Light Swordsman
Overdrive 1- "Fighter's Heart"
Weapon- Crusader's Blade
Special- Focus |
Skills-
Magic-
Items- Potion {x3} |
~Strength 4
~Defense 4
~Magic Offense 0
~Magic Defense 1
~Magic Durability 0
~Evasion 3
~Agility 4

6) Belnor
Level 2 Blitz Fighter
Overdrive 1- "Falcon's Fury"
Weapon- Bladed Pistol
Special- __
Skills- Silence Attack |
Magic- __
Items- Potion {x3}
~Strength 4
~Defense 3
~Magic Offense 1
~Magic Defense 2
~Magic Durability 1
~Evasion 3
~Agility 3

Overdrive Upkeep:

Roe's Overdrive:
"Choke-Hold"
-A physical attack. By lashing her whip in a certain way, she entangles the enemy in it, then jerks the whip to create a tight hold on the enemy. It 'chokes' the enemy, and does a good bit of damage. Afterward, the enemy remains stunned for one turn.
Effects: Delay

Narisa's Overdrive:
"Mercy of the Soul"
-By calling on her emotions for her allies, Narisa prays for their healing and restores a large portion of the party’s health and removes all status effects. The Overdrive will become more effective as she gains levels and learns new spells.
Effects: Cure-All | Esuna

Josef's Overdrive:
"Rev"
-By increasing the Output of his Machina Arm, he gives himself the power and ability to deliver a crushing blow to one foe.
Effects: Pierce | Armor Break

Sivan's Overdrive:
"Sneak Attack"
-By attacking unsuspected, Sivan delivers a devastating blow to the enemy, striking them powerfully no matter if they are armored. Also, this draws their attention to Sivan for one turn.
Effects: Pierce | Provoke

Lukhail's Overdrive:
"Fighter's Heart"
-A five hit attack that attacks an enemy's weak points. Chances critical hits and stun damage; and very effective against land enemies.
Effects: Critical X [chanced] | Delay [chanced]

Belnor's Overdrive:
"Falcon's Fury"
-Releasing his falcon Vigil, he creates an attack on all enemies using the bird's talons. Sometimes takes down flying enemies, and is very effective airborne fiends.
Effects: Ground

-NOTE: Aeons will not be summoned as they were in the Final Fantasy X. Though White Mages will probably receive the most of Aeons, Aeons can be used by other characters. I will decide Aeon handout and use. The Aeons in this game are called Wild Summons.

-How to summon a Wild Summon?: Wild Summons are trapped in small spheres that can be found by looking around, or are dropped by powerful enemies. Sometimes you can fight an enemy all to learn that is an aeon. By defeating it, you can receive the Wild Summon Sphere of that enemy. I will dictate when a character is able to summon a Wild Summon.

-------------

Faluxin: Level 2: Wild Summon-- [Unlocked]
Overdrive: "Soul Suffocation"
Sphere: Chain Sphere
~Battle Options:
-Attack [stride forward and lash the enemy with chain-edged fins]
-Bind [fly upwards and dive towards enemy, halting ahead of him to create a wind gust of wind and a loud rattle of chains- deals damage and delays the enemy's immediate reaction]
-White Magic:: Protect [cast a shield over himself]
FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Aeon001
*Artwork by Eternity*

Last edited by Eternity on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 14 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Empty Re: FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC}

Post by Eternity Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:09 am

Main Antagonist

Name: Ikarus

Race: unknown

Appearance: FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Artbook_cover_by_heise

Role: The strange peaceful-looking creature with a taste for utter destruction and death.

Sides & Specials

Name: Priest (all that's known)

Race: unknown, suspected Guado

Appearance: FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Dark_Priest_by_akmal656

Role: A Dark Priest who seems to know what has happened, and haunts the characters.

Name: Laguna

Race: Suspected Spiran / other

Appearance:
FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Get_img

Role: A strange mage-like woman who offers either great help, or great trouble.

Last edited by Eternity on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am

Name: Ranona "Roe" Duvest

Race: Spiran

Appearance: FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} Elisabetta-Canalis-Image
-She is fashioned in a pair of dark brown cargo pants, and a tight short black tank top beneath a mostly burgundy vest with beige seams and trim. Her fists are wrapped in white bandages, and along her wrists are several bracelets; some thin chain-links and other just leather strings.

Class: Red Mage

Skills: Dark Attack

Magicks:
-Cure

Weapon: Whip with steel scales

Personality: Strong and determined, Roe is a pure person with a forward-only mindset. Once she decides to do something, it might as well be done. But her curiosity stirred with her adamant nature causes much trouble. And her caring heart for her friends seems to make it hard for her to leave behind or forget the ones she loves.

Bio: Ranona was born in Bevelle, raised with her brother Rayg, or Rae. Together, the two became adventurous and wild children, seeking more fun than the city truly beheld for them. But as the grew older, the two seemed to split paths. Roe began to fall more for historical study and excavation, and Rae more for archeology and construction.

In their adult years, the two had planned to meet back up in Zanarkand. But when rumors begin to go around, and Rayg never shows up, Roe begins to wonder what happened to her brother.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 am

Sweet! Now I get to brainstorm a shiny new character ^_^. I'll edit this post with my character sheet when my muse helps me drum up one.

EDIT: Houston, we have a White Mage! Please let me know if I need to make any corrections or improvements, and I will happily do so.

Name: Narisa Faehild
Appearance: Narisa stands at a modest 5’8” and has a petite, slender build, weighing about 120 pounds. Her light brown hair falls in gentle waves to just past her shoulders, thought she occasionally pulls it up into a ponytail or bun for convenience or in the event of a bad hair day. Her eyes are a dark blue and framed by delicate eyebrows and long eyelashes, which make her eyes the most attractive feature of her face. She wears a flowing, turquoise robe with yellow and white trim at the cuffs of the sleeves, which come down to her mid forearm, as well around the neckline and bottom hem, which stops at her mid-calf. The robe is cinched under the bust with a wide, braided belt and made of a lightweight, breathable fabric that allows for freedom of movement. She pairs this with knee-high brown leather boots. Her only adornment is an amethyst crystal that hangs around her neck and was a gift from her father.

Class: White Mage
Weapons: A white staff with the top carved in the shape of two outspread wings
Skills: N/A

Magic: Cure, Esuna, Nul-Tide, Nul-Blaze

Personality: Narisa comes off as a shy, more reserved individual, but she possesses a truly gentle spirit. Having grown up as an only child in the small community of Kilika Island, she values close bonds with a few people over loose acquaintances with numerous people. She would do absolutely anything for those she loves. She is very sensitive to other people’s emotions, and this natural empathy means that it breaks her heart to see other people suffering or in pain. If a friend is sad or hurt, she would do anything in her power to offer solace, whether it is healing their injuries or simply offering a hug or shoulder to cry on. She will also extend this kindness to strangers, though growing up in her small community means she is largely naïve about the dangers of the outside world and that not all people mean well. In general, she tries to give people the benefit of the doubt and see the good in them, often at the expense of failing to recognize potentially dangerous or deceitful individuals.

Bio: Narisa grew up as the only child of her two parents on the small coastal community on Kilika Island. The close-knit nature of the town meant that Narisa got to know most of the people, and she loved the strong sense of community among the citizens. Even though they lived during the time of the Calm, fiends were still a very real threat in the wild countryside of the island, and the small population meant that there were few warriors to fight them.

Narisa, lacking the skills or warrior mindset to wield a sword or other kind of weapon, apprenticed herself to the town’s healer and started off by learning how to heal with herbs and poultices. As time passed, she discovered her natural affinity for White Magic and began studying as a White Mage. However, the healer could only teach her so much, and the town’s library had scant few books on White Magic. Though her heart was loathe to leave the safety and familiarity of Kilika, Narisa began making plans to travel to the main continent of Spira and continue her studies.

I don’t know who Ben is, but “Hey, Ben!!!!!”

Last edited by SilvanArrow on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Approved. Later tonight I'll add you to my stat board up top.

Also, I only need one White Mage. Now that that is taken care of, I'd prefer no more white mages. <3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:22 pm

I cannot resist. I have tried, but I simply cannot...

You mind if I join you, Eternity?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Um...question! Regarding Narisa's Overdrive, is it just going to be summoning, or should I come up with something else? I don't recall you specifying one way or the other. Also, do White Mages eventually learn Holy? I remember Yuna learned it late in the game, and it was AMAZING. Just thought I'd check ;-)
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Plaguewalker, you may GLADLY join us Very Happy

@Silvan: No summoning, because as mentioned up top towards the bottom, the summons system is going to be different than FFX. Summons can be wielded by anyone when I as the GM dictate it. Also, your character will probably have the majority of summons. But regardless, your Overdrive needs to be something along the lines of a White Mage styled overdrive. Perhaps like a full buff of the team (protect, shell, all are healed back up to full health). You have creative freedom here, so just PM me your idea when it is complete and I'll post it into the OOC post, or discuss and refine it more with you.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks for clarifying that, Eternity. I knew the summoning was going to work differently than in the game; I just wasn't sure if it would still count as an Overdrive. I'm still playing around with my Overdrive idea, but I"ll hopefully PM you by tonight with it.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 am

Eternity, just give me until this evening and I will rework my old character sheet into something new and awesome. Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 am

Name: Josef Aldernen
Appearance: Josef is tall, with thick brown hair that dangles in front of his eyes. His right arm, from the shoulder down, is a Machina creation to replace the arm he lost fighting beasts outside the shrine in his hometown, Luca. His eyes are deep green, and intelligent. Under his clothes, he has burn scars and claw scars all over his chest and back.
Class: Heavy Swordsman
Weapons: Well, he uses his Machina arm in Overdrives, but he has a sword roughly the length of his body. It's slightly curved, and the handle slips straight into the Machina arm.
Skills: Cheer

Magic: None

Personality: Josef is an odd mixture of extremes. He's insanely wreckless with his own life, filling the "Defender" and "Tank" roles in normal line-ups. But when it comes to others, he's fiercely protective. He'll refuse to be healed if he doesn't have to be, and will fight fiercely until he physically can't. He loves company, especially while nursing injuries. He won't refuse to talk to anyone, even if he hates them, he'll be hospitable.

Bio: When Josef was young, he was guiding his sister through her chores outside of Luca. A beast attacked. Not a particularly strong one, or even fierce, but Josef was determined to defend his sister. He rushed it, lashing out with the wooden sword. The sword snapped on the beastie's hide, and Josef fell to the ground. The dragonlike thing roared, hot streaks of flame igniting Josef's clothes. He screamed, yelling for his sister to run. The beast slashed at Josef, claws raking down burning skin. Still, all thoughts were on his sister. With a gargantuan effort, Josef stood and faced the horrid thing. With a lunge, Josef dove out of the way... But not fast enough. The Lamashu's (That's the style, I don't know if those were actually around Luca >.<) teeth tore into his arm, ripping it from the socket. That's when Josef blacked out.

When Josef awoke, the town's best white mage was over him, apologizing and staunching the bloodloss from his arm. Josef mumbled, asking where his sister was. No response. He asked again, no response. Finally, after thrashing around with his good arm, and blackening the eye of the mage, he got an answer. She had thrown rocks at the Lamashu, distracting it from Josef's prone body. The frail, young, sickly girl had paid with her life.

Flash forward ten years. Josef is now 24, and a trained swordsman with both his left hand and his mechanical right. He's traveled around Spira, seeing Al Bhed, Ronso, and even a brief glimpse at Guadosalam. The Al Bhed had been kind enough to build the arm for him, a wonderful thing. He couldn't really use it to hold things, or such, but it was still a fighting arm. He marched off into the opposing skies of Mt. Gagazet, determined to learn what he could about defending others from the Ronso.

Flash forward four years. Now, Josef walked down from Mt. Gagazet, his information and self-worth returned. He's now determined to protect whomever he can, however he can. He plans a stop in Zanarkand, to see if he can find any better weapons...
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:41 am

Accepted Kingmaker. Good character. Give me a few minutes, and you'll be up on the stat board. Smile
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Okay, do I make an "Overdrive" now?

If so:

Rev - By increasing the output of his mechanical arm, Josef delivers a blow that could crush even the hardiest opponent.
(Increased damage, one target max.)
Effects: Breaks "Armored" status. If enemy is not armored, causes increased damage from physical attacks for next few rounds. I'll let you decide how many rounds are fair for that effect.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm

That'll be fine. The breaking of armor is called "Pierce". And I'll throw it up on the stat board soon enough.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm

By the way, Kingmaker, just make sure you read through the rules once more. You broke none, trust me. lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Still working on the CS, will be done shortly. I'll edit this post to save space if nobody else posts before I'm finished.
(it's gonna be sooo awesoooome! XD )
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Oh, I've read that part, but my ADD kept me from posting it. >.<

Hi, Ben!
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks honey. LOLZ
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:33 pm

(woo! done! Overdrive proposition is at the end)

Name: Sivan Noga
Race: Al Bhed
Appearance:
(no promises, but I'll try my hardest to produce a picture. I am quite possibly planet earth's worst freehand artist)
Sivan stands about 5' 9" with an overrall small body frame, weighing in around 155 pounds. His eyes are a faded green, accented by sturdy cheek bones and a well defined jaw that comes to a slender edge at his chin. His hair, which is kept around 2 inches long, is mostly black, and worn in unkempt spikes. His skin tone is like that of most Al Bhed, being slightly darker than a Spiran, with clean complexion to boot. Near his collarbone a small laceration scar stands out on the right side. His shoulder and neck structure are somewhat lean, with small amounts of defined muscle. His mid-section is toned and flexible, but not powerfully built like a Spiran of the same body type. His lifestyle demands maximum endurance and little body fat, and he's got just that.
Sivan's clothing consists of a high collared black undershirt that fits somewhat tight, worn underneath an equally high collared gray coat that runs to his elbows at the arm, and reaching the top of his thighs at the leg. It is worn slightly unzipped with the collar popped upward, reaching barely an inch below his chin. A black sash is tightly secured to his abdomen, with a small amount of excess hanging to the middle of his left thigh. While traveling or fighting, his hands and forearms are protected by laced gauntlets, with the left one augmented by a thin steel plate to support his wrist. His black boots resemble tabi in construction and thickness, but a 1 inch thick lace secures them to his feet, wrapping upward about 10 inches from the ground. His leggings are of the same gray material as his coat, and fit comfortably, neither loose nor tight, and are gathered/tucked in at the top of his boots.

Class: Thief

Weapons: Right Hand- Kilij with an overrall length of 42 inches with the blade itself being about 36 of that. It's kept with an almost mirror-like sheen, and is carried with the sheath wedged into the sash tied to Sivan's waist. (the handguard is correct, but a real Kilij has a solid pommel instead of a hollow one)
Left Hand-Gauche designed for two handed sword fighting. It is less than half the length of the Kilij, with a duller edge. The two 'arms' collapse inward and are spring activated by pressing a button on the pommel. It is held inverted (with the tip facing downward), and Sivan stows it in the small of his back, also tucked into the sash.
Neither weapon is generally kept hidden, as it deters possible muggers and other undesirables. In combat, the Kilij is the main weapon used for dealing damage, as the Gauche is only meant to deflect blades away. It can, however, be used to deliver a surprise counter attack against unsuspecting enemies.

Skills: Steal

Magic: N/A

Personality:
Sivan is a calm, quiet, introverted type. While he knows he is physically young, his mind is often dominated by the dreaded feeling of doom. He doesn't understand why, but he has the feeling that he's nearing the end of his life. Because of this, he can be very hard to warm up to, and doesn't openly converse unless directly spoken to. He wants to see the world, and loves airships, as well and tinkering with machina. He tries to always be on the move, and while he avoids trouble as much as he can, he still gets into his fair share during his travels.
Something of note is mild Astraphobia. It used to be severe, but during his travels Sivan has learned to cope with the uneasy feeling.
Also worthy of mention is that he can speak Spiran, but was raised speaking Al Bhed.
(to keep things simple, I will put the english version of any Al Bhed in italics, unless you all want me to leave it in its original spelling to satisfy your insatiable desire to translate it yourselves Smile )

Bio:
Sivan was born and raised on the Bikanel Islands, near the southeastern shores. His father was a dedicated and very skilled machinist. So dedicated, in fact, that Sivan only saw him a handful of times before his mother divorced him. Sivan's mother, who gave custody to her older sister's family, disappeared shortly after and has yet to be heard from since.

While he was too young to understand adult problems, Sivan felt that something had been wrong. His new family treated him differently, as if he didn't belong. After he turned 9, he was adopted again by a friend's family. Stability finally found its way into his life, and he was gracious for it. Through his teenage years, he lived a normal life. He tried his hand at synthesis and machina, dated a handful of girls, toured most of the islands, and even got into a little trouble. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end...

The adopting family lived extravagantly on limited income. Through numerous loans, piling debt, and avoiding their creditors, violent action was taken against them. They owed the wrong people huge amounts of money, and they took it upon themselves to exact payment. Sivan's adopting parents and their two biological children were murdered shortly after Sivan turned 18. Fearful for his own life and overwrought with depression, Sivan fled his home city with the clothes on his back.

Over the next 4 years, he learned to fight, survive, and travel alone. He ran into plenty of trouble, but was met with equally good payoffs. It was during this time that he learned to speak Spiran, and discovered his love to travel. The deep scars of his past still follow him, but his demeanor around people has improved much over the last year.

Overdrive: Sneak Attack- After years of perfecting his technique, Sivan is able to deliver a devastating blow to unsuspecting enemies.
*This Overdrive only works when Sivan attacks from behind or the sides. Basically, the enemy should be focusing its attention on another party member before attempting the attack.
(Single hit, one target, bypasses armor but doesn't remove armored status)
-As long as the above criteria are met, this attack cannot miss
-Weaker/unarmored foes are vanquished in one hit
-Stronger/armored foes receive critical damage, and shift their attention to Sivan for 1 turn
-Bosses/other receive normal damage, and shift their attention to Sivan for 1 turn

Hi Ben

EDIT: Fixed spelling and Kilij picture
EDIT2: Changed class and overdrive (if it's too broken, let me know)

Last edited by DeadEye on Sun May 02, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Appearance:

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} 15f3uyx

Name: Lukhail "Luke" Bracht
Class: Light Swordsman
Weapons: A light sword bearing the crest of the Crusaders on the hilt.
Skills: Focus

Magic: None

Personality: Calm and collected, Lukhail is the type who takes details into consideration first before acting on anything. Though he may appear to be a "by the book" person, he does know how to break rules once in a while and would do so without hesitation should the need arise. Lukhail highly values camaraderie. Should he find himself faced in a difficult situation where he and his friends are in trouble, he would gladly step forward and risk his life with them rather than leave them behind.

Bio: Born and raised in the City of Luca, Lukhail was one of those youths who were inspired by the tale of a Crusader Captain who once battled sin to protect the city long before Lady Yuna's Calm. The tale of that Captain gave Lukhail a goal in life, to be stronger than that Crusader Captain and become a renowned Crusader.

An unfortunate turn of events took his parents away, leaving Lukhail orphaned at a young age. When he learned the details of his parents' death from Luca's authorities, he blamed his father for being weak and unable to protect his mother from mere bandits. Since the authorities saw that Lukhail had taken quite an interest in the Crusaders, they arranged for the remnants of the once large faction to take him in. Due to his circumstance, he was allowed entry to the ranks of the Crusaders and was trained day and night to perfect his swordsmanship and learn the Crusader ways.

By the time Lukhail finished his training and was finally recognized as a true Crusader, he had come to realize that the lasting calm brought by Lady Yuna and her Guardians was truly the time of peace. There was pretty much nothing to do.

Having learned the ways of the Crusader, he chose not to stain his hands with vengeance and live an honorable life protecting the people of Spira. However, Lukhail was disappointed that he had become a man who would protect the people of Spira during a time of peace.

Overdrive 1: Fighter's Heart

- Attacks first regardless of turn position with five slashes aimed at the vital points of the enemy. (single target only)
-Guaranteed critical hit if the target is small to medium in size.
-Does not hit for critical against large or flying targets but causes Stun status for two rounds.
-Critical Hit and Stun effect does not work on Boss monsters.

**Feel free to balance my Overdrive selection if you feel the need.**

Hey Ben!

Last edited by Ethereal on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed a few things in the bio to address the inconsistency in time-span. My thanks to Plaguewalker for pointing that out.)
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:17 pm

one spot in this roleplay left for Plaguewalker.

You are both accepted, by the way. I'll add you to the stat-board soon.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 am

Name: Belnor Teiul
Race: Al Bhed
Appearance: Belnor stands at 5’9, and weighs around 170 pounds. He wears his dirty blond hair loose, hanging just over his shoulders. His skin is slightly darker than most Spirans, just like other Al Bhed, as well as heavily tattooed. The most noticeable tattoo being the one on his face, a strange tribal design that vaguely resembles a falcon, which tends to distract most from the small scar that crosses over the eyelid, which has been permanently stitched shut. His remaining eye is sharp emerald.

He wears a long white leather trench coat and soft white, durable pants. He wears a deep black muscle shirt and a pair of thick boots on his feet.

Class: Blitz Fighter
Weapons: Pistol with a small blade extending from the barrel
Skills: Silence Attack

Magic: N/A

Personality: If you need something done, Belnor is the man to turn to. He is driven in his desires, and will see to it that whatever he says he will do is done, and dealt with quickly. He comes off cold to most, a man seemingly incapable of caring about anyone other than himself. He holds very few ties with those around him, choosing a select few as his friends, and letting the rest of the world pass him by.

Bio: Belnor was born on the Bikanel Islands, like most Al Bhed are. His childhood was spent roaming the vast island, and searching for ‘treasure’ that other people left behind. Many found his pack rating rather cute, but paid it little mind. Suffice to say, none were surprised when he turned 16, and ventured off into the world beyond, determined to search out real treasures left behind by ancient peoples in dark ruins.

Up until he turned 22, that is exactly what he did. However, one of his raids didn’t go exactly as planned. Deep inside some ruins outside Zanarkand, Belnor ran into a massive fiend, hungry for the young adventurer’s blood. He tried to fight the creature off, but his pistol was all but useless against its powerful hide. Fleeing to the surface, he hoped someone would see the fight and come to help, but it would come too late, as the fiend’s razor sharp claws raked across the left side of his face, knocking the young Al Bhed into unconsciousness.

When he awoke, he found himself in Zanarkand, under the watchful eye of a white mage, and a snow white falcon. His field vision was smaller, and everything seemed blurry. He struggled to focus, and when he finally had, he caught the sad look upon his healer’s face.

He had lost his eye. The majority of his face had been healed, but there was nothing they could do for his sight. For two weeks, he stayed with the mage, noticing the ever present vigil of his feathered guardian. When he was released, the falcon followed. Confused, Belnor whistled at the bird, trying to shoo it away, only to have it land on his shoulder and fixing him with the most quizzical of looks.

Since that day, Belnor and “Vigil” have been inseparable. Wherever the former treasure hunter goes, the falcon is certain to follow, only leaving when it needs to eat. Since the loss of his eye, Belnor has relearned how to use the pistol, and has regained most of his former skill with it. He has given up treasure hunting, instead doing odd jobs throughout the city Zanarkand to make ends meet. Many people seem him about Zanarkand daily, although few know what he truly does with his free time, as his aura of cold seems to keep all but the most courageous and foolish away.

Overdrive 1: Falcon’s Fury

Calling on his falcon Vigil, Belnor looses the bird on his enemies, tearing away at them in a blitz of beak and talon. (Target - All)
-Deals regular damage to all foes
-Extra damage to all flying enemies, also grounding them
-Grounding doesn’t affect bosses

Lemme know if anything needs fixed

Hey Ben! My CS is up!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 am

All right, accepted.

I'm going to put stats up tonight for you, and then we can have lift-off!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:51 am

Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Woohoo! So excited! I'm covered up with classes and homework today, but I'll try to get up a post tomorrow. Boo end of semester pre-graduation madness...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:10 pm

if its alright with everyone, I am going to change my class to thief in order to round out the team. I will modify my sheet tonight and make a thief oriented overdrive as well.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 pm

All right, well as soon as you fix up your sheet, tell me in the OOC so I can re-do your stats.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Well, my procrastination tendencies kicked in, and I decided to type up a post instead of doing my homework. Razz It's only the first one, and Narisa's already managed to stick her nose where it doesn't belong and get hopelessly lost. I think she's going to be a fun character to write.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:10 pm

I hope you don't mind Silvan, but Belnor, while antisocial, can't ignore a white mage in distress, not after all they did for him! He swoops in to save the day! ...Kinda. XD
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Hahahaha...I don't mind at all, Plaguewalker! To be honest, I wasn't sure how I was going to get her out of that situation without a helping hand from one of the other characters ^^;
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next