FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War is War OOC [Closed]

+4
Crimson Saint
Kail DeWraith
Dio the Awesome
Blackrock
8 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

War is War OOC [Closed] - Page 5 Empty Re: War is War OOC [Closed]

Post by Gabe Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:40 am

I'm at the unit right now having a pre-drill cigarette, just thought I'd stop in and say I'm still on board when everyone is ready.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:55 am

Heads up from me guys - I'm fucking busy lately, got two maths tests coming in about two weeks, both of them are one after another (as in one is on the 9th, the second on the 10th); so yeah, I'm gearing up for those, there's a lot of stuff to cover. Meaning, if I have the free time, I'll cook a post up for you; if not - then I'll have to ask you all to postpone this thing for a bit. :/
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:52 am

Okay. I'm getting used to my RP's not updating.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 pm

No worries here. Good luck on those tests Blackrock!
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:36 am

Yo guys, a little Legionary told me that he noticed a new post in the IC thread. Ahem.

Here's a direct link to the roughly sketched map, as usual. It's not as important as the other maps, as this is fairly large-scale and only focused on the part of the trench were my guy and the lieutenant were. You can be anywhere else you like, either to the left or right (keeping in mind that the left would be more clustered and hectic, as that's where the centre of the battle is). Or you can follow the trail of destruction and simply come upon my squad; as always - it's up to you. If you have any questions, you know where to find me.

A note on the "computer" mentioned in the post. Imagine it a as a flat case, not too large, about the size of a sheet of paper. Keyboard and any other input devices would be handled holographically, as well as the display itself. Neat, huh?

I'm also going to, finally, update the technology section. Quite soon, if not today - then on Friday, as I'll be out of town tomorrow.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Probably going to be at least 7 days before I can get a post up. Really busy this week. I may add a bit to my CS (getting that lacking feeling after re-reading it), so I will keep up to date when one or the other happens.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:25 am

No worries buddy, it's not like I haven't taken my sweet time with this thing, so a delay of a week or two won't be much problem to me.

Also, I've finally updated the Technology section, instead of making you guys read through everything again, I've simply copy-pasted the new stuff in this post. Some of the stuff repeat themselves, but hopefully - this should give you a better idea of how weapons function. If anything's unclear, you know what to do. (PM Blackrock, amirtie?!)

Weapons

Spoiler:

Multi-Role Engineer's Tool Kit (MET)

Spoiler:
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 am

I find your lack of posts disturbing. Vader
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Available to post again today. Working on it right now my liege. I'm gonna try to keep in the same order, but if no replies come up I can post it sooner than planned.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:33 am

No rush, buddy - I can't expect people to post super fast, when I'm the one slowing them down Razz

Still, I'd be nice if folks can sound off and tell me if they're still interested in this, just so I now what I'm working with.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 pm

I've already posted, but I'll chime in anyways Razz Still interested and eagerly awaiting some more posts Very Happy
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Kinda late from me, but I have to say Elric that was a pretty nice post. I like how you continue to convey the "fuck this, we're so screwed" atmosphere from post to post. Thumbs up from me.

Still waiting on people, but DeadEye - you're free to post if you've got something up your sleeve. Don't want to leave you hanging.

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Ok, expect a post from me Tuesday or Wednesday. Spent 24 of my last 72 hours underneath my car. This weekend I am doing body work but will be done by early next week.

As for my post, I am going to follow along with the squad, and with your permission, take note of the smashed computer terminal. Just as a bit of personality development and all that good stuff.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:45 am

Right, right DeadEye, knowing you - you'd give the terminal more justice than I ever did. Go for it whenever you have the time.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 am

Thanks, I figure combat is pretty stressful, and having to fight with crap equipment has to be irritating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:34 am

Not for long, my friend, not for long. Once you get through this...something will be thrown your way. Knowing the Legion, it would probably be crap as well...but it will be better than what you are using now. Errr...somewhat. Razz
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:33 pm

I am planning on him stealing and cracking the codes to use TL equipment eventually. Spray paint can be a wonderful thing, and it's the kind of thing I would do in this circumstance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:01 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I had 50% of my post done when i accidently clicked away and lost it. I need to learn to use notepad for my posts. Will try again tomorrow.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Definitely use Notepad, Word (I'd recommend Word just because it has a spell-checker) or something of the sort. Not only does it allow you to have a backup even if you fuck up, it also means that you can write in parts. A bit today, something else tomorrow - whenever the mood hits you. That way you don't feel rushed and can always take a break if you feel like doing something else. In fact, when I started using this method almost two years ago, I found out that my writing improved. (or at least, I'd like to think so lolz)

/lecture off
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Post is up. Going for more preliminary character development again. Trying to point out my character's interest in technology and his lack of exposure to violence, etc. If something is amiss, please let me know so I can fix it!
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 pm

I neeeeeds Black Rock to PM me before I can has post.

EDIT: Actually, screw it. Dead Eyes post has given me something to work with. I can move my plans back a post, I'm sure there is more chaos to be had before we are through.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Very Happy Ah man, we're picking up momentum again! Hopefully our other two recruits will follow suit soon; everyone's approach to the situation (and their storytelling of course) is making this RP a great read. I keep returning to the beginning and going through the events so far to get inspiration and collaboration ideas...it's great. Smile
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:41 pm

I was thinking Dead Eye, we should collaborate over PM a conversation between us, and you could post it with your next big post. That way there is some actual conversation, instead of just several short lines, followed by a lot of description (because of the length requirement).

tl;dr

PM me, and we will RP our conversation.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:19 am

Yeah I'd appreciate it if you guys start creating some sort of...let's call them strands between each other. As of now, most of the stuff has been going through me, but as we near the end of the prologue and move into a squad, that sort of communication won't be as feasible then. I fully support and hope that your characters start interacting with each other, which will require no small deal of collaboration. I suggest instant-messaging programs, because that's the best way to write dialogue, in my opinion.

Enough lectures from me though, you have my blessings; now go forth and RP.

As for our other two greenhorns - I haven't heard from Spectre yet, which is a shame; while Dani has asked that we finish with the fighting before she jumps in again, seeing as her character won't be doing much anyway during this phase. So that leaves the ball in my field, but I warn you that I'll probably take a while (not TOO long though) with my post. Stay tune.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 am

Blackrock wrote:
As for our other two greenhorns - I haven't heard from Spectre yet, which is a shame; while Dani has asked that we finish with the fighting before she jumps in again, seeing as her character won't be doing much anyway during this phase. So that leaves the ball in my field, but I warn you that I'll probably take a while (not TOO long though) with my post. Stay tune.

Bearing this in mind, do we have a plan in the event of Spectre being unable to continue? That aside, anyone is welcome to PM me for character interaction stuff. It may even be best for us to work on a time to meet in the chat room, or swap instant messenger screen names, etc as Blackrock suggested.

Edit: For the braver among you, I could possibly be willing to trust you with my phone number over PM.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Phone numbers, eh? As a person who's done this sort of things with guildmates in MMO"s, I can tell you that it's probably not the best medium to talk RP in. I suggest you stick to IM programs. Or the FOG chatroom. Razz

Speaking of scree names, this is my MSN address: pepik1@abv.bg; I'll show up as "Peter". Add me in if you guys feel like talking to me in the flesh, so to speak.

As for Spectre's absence, it's still pretty open (and it will be so for at least the foreseeable future) so he can jump right in, but in the mean time I'll provide a handy NPC for us to use. Provided we don't hear from him by the end of the prologue. How does that sound?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 am

Nothing against Spectre of course, but I don't have a problem with that. Like I said earlier, we've got good momentum going and I would rather not see it diminish.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sun May 15, 2011 9:12 am

Sorry to double post, but it's been nearly two weeks without a word from anyone. Is everyone alright?
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun May 15, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm alive. I've also got the two most important exams of the year coming up on the 17th and 19th. Bear with me as I survive the encounter with those and then I promise you guys, we're gonna RP the fuck out of this thing.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Sun May 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Also alive!

Or so they tell me.
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint