FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Celebration Thread :D

+39
Little Supernova
Bird of Hermes
Axiom Awaits
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Mojave Wanderer
The Ghost Writer
Entity of Sin
Sunwolf007
Skitzo-phrenick
Gabe
Tartra
Shadow Moonseye
Kalon Ordona II
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Squall Reyes
Hisoka
Inerio
Attie
MoiraofWords
Loki
Dax
Mercinus3
SpaceWheeler2.0
Sighlent
Eternity
Gadreille
Guilty Carrion
ImmortalSin
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
UnfortunateBountyHunter
Silvan Arrow
The Melancholy Spirit
xraineyesx
Lara
wakeangel
43 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 15 Empty Re: The Celebration Thread :D

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:22 pm

That's fantastic! Congratulations, Axiom, on the job obtainment, and I'm happy, Fate, that he'll be able to help you with your move!

I am going to celebrate something that's not quite cause for joy just yet so much as for relief. So, I interviewed with Blockbuster on Thursday, and the store manager told me he'd call me back - whether I got the job or not - at the beginning of the week once he'd gotten my background check.

Okay, so today is Wednesday, and I never got a call back. I wasn't sure if it meant that I hadn't gotten the job and he'd just forgotten to call or what, so I called him. Apparently, they changed something in their system which screwed it up a little, and he's still waiting on the background checks. This means that I'm not completely out of the running yet. ^^_^^

I also have to call the frozen yoghurt place where I applied, but I really don't want to work with food. However, if I don't get the job at BB, I'll want that as an alternative. A crappy job is better than no job at all.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Well Kathryn I hope you get the job you want. Though you are right, a crappy job at least helps to pay bills. What happened with the background check, happened to me at the job I am currently working at. I was supposed to get a call back on a certain day and did not, when I called I was told the same thing as you. Maybe all background check systems are screwed up. lol!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 pm

hahahah Thanks. I mean, Blockbuster isn't exactly ideal, either, but I've sort of wanted to work at a movie rental place since my mom managed one when I was little. Of course, it's not my life's dream ((I want to be a librarian!)), but it seems kind of fun ((as fun as a job can be, anyway)) in the meantime.

Well, that's encouraging that after the background check finally went through, you got the job. Maybe just knowing you a little will help your luck rub off on me. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Axiom Awaits Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks everyone Smile There is still some paperwork and other things to sort out before I "officially" have the job, but I don't think anything will go wrong with that. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. It will be my first job doing what I majored in so I hope to do well.

Looks like things are going well for you too, Kathryn! I'm glad that you're still in the running at Blockbuster. I don't think I would really enjoy working with food either. I did pizza delivery for a few months, a long time ago. That's the only experience I have working with food and that was enough for me haha. Good luck to you Smile
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Well, congratulations again, Axiom! Getting a job doing the thing for which you went to college sounds really great. I'm glad that you were able to succeed with your degree!

hahah Yeah. I'd rather work with frozen yoghurt than pizza, too. There's no grease that way. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:38 pm

I have never had to work with food, unless you count being a cashier at a supermarket 15 years ago.

Congrats again on getting a job in your chosen field. I know how hard that can be. But I am sure you will succeed, you seem to have a real talent with web design. Surprised
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 pm

I don't think that counts unless you worked in one of the perimeter departments like the bakery or something. I was a cashier at a grocery store, too. I mean, there's technically food, but it's not really like... the restaurant industry.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:53 pm

I worked with food! At a deli. I was the only one who never got splashed with oil when dropping chicken into the fryer. (There's a special way to do it, I figured out; just break the surface before letting gravity do the rest.) Also I did a lot of measuring out everybody's ham and beef, and macaroni salad, things like that. Laughing
Definitely not my thing. I didn't mind, and it was kinda fun in its own way, but I don't like anything that gets me messy, greasy or wet. You get gloves, though. ^^

Anyway libraries are perfect for me! cheers I should totally find an office job somewhere, too. ^^
Just passed my 3rd anniversary working at my library, back in June. There, that can be my celebration. xD
*sprinkles some librarianship pixie-dust on Kathryn*
There you go. Very Happy

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:57 pm

How did you break the surface before dropping the chicken into the grease? I can't get a clear enough picture in my head of this happening logically. XD

Kalon, what is your title at the library? Like... are you a page, a library assistant, a library technician, or what? Unless you totally skipped grades in school and/or started college early, you won't have your master's degree to be a full-fledged librarian, right?

Three years at a library! Wow! You're lucky. In SLC, one must at least have their Associates Degree to work at a library. It sucks because I want to work at one so badly!

Yay! :: basks in the pixie dust :: I can feel... my organizational senses tingling! I can do it! I can be a real librarian! XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Well, the deep-fryers are hot and the oil is roiling, so it's not like you can really be slow about it. I just quickly and smoothly bring the breaded chicken pieces so that a corner of them is in the oil, and by this time I've reversed its motion enough so that it has no more momentum, then I let go and step away, and voila, one more completely safe and splash-free batch of chicken in the vat of oil, with my hand unburnt and my apron untainted. xD

At the library I'm a Page, but I could also be a Library Assistant (which they're now starting to call a Circulation Operations Assistant or COA) without getting a degree.
We do need a degree to pe a Public Services Assistant or full Librarian, though.
So yeah, I've got my foot in the door! ^^ I think since I'm already staff they'd pay for my education if I wanted to get my degree. Still thinking about that--have to have money, but also want to write, so... yeah. ^^

It probably helps that our library system is so huge. Like, 2nd-largest in the nation, huge.
Or wait, actually no, we might be #1 this year. Yeah! duh, can't believe I forgot. In fact, here's a Celebration! Our library system (KCLS -- King County Library System) was voted Library of the Year. We also have the most circulation this year, finally beating out New York! Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 pm

That's so wonderful, Fate! Congratulations, Axiom! The company who hired you is sure lucky to have such a talented website designer!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am

I am celebrating doing my good deed for the day. I have a neighbor who was supposed to go to Baltimore with a friend today, when her car broke down before she could barely get away from the house. I lent her my car for the day and night so she would not miss out on spending time with her friend. I am now looking forward to the good karma that will come from my good deed.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:18 pm

If you expect good karma, doesn't that sort of ruin the point of doing a selfless good deed? =P

That was still pretty nice of you. I hope good things come to you, too.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:19 pm

I was actually joking about the good karma. I just like doing good deeds for people.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:46 pm

I celebrate having internet! Forgive me for not responding to those before me, I have waaaay too much to catch up on Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Yay! That's really exciting, Ryona! So everything is all stable and happy now?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Well, I can't officially say stable until I get my business up and running. But we are getting there. Washer and Dryer up next :/
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:02 am

I'm glad life is settling down for you, Ryona! Internet is always a good thing to have. I hope your business goes well!

I celebrate a fantastic date night with my boyfriend and two other friends last night. We went on an 80s-themed dance party harbor cruise for the evening, and my boyfriend won a gift card to an Italian bistro in the costume contest! He was adorable afterwards saying, "Now I can take you out to eat!" Not that we haven't in the past, but we usually try to cook at one of our houses to save money.

Also, my mom is coming to visit this weekend! I'm excited/a little nervous about her finally getting to meet the boy, but it'll be great to see her after so long.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Silvan, that's really awesome! That party sounds like it would have been a lot of fun.

I'm sure everything will go really smoothly when your mom meets your guy. I'm sure there's nothing about which you need to worry at all. =3

EDIT
So, I'm really excited. yesterday, Misery and I saw our personal trainer, Ben. He's really funny and really knowledgeable, so we both really like working with him.

Anyway, he had us working on several things yesterday though Misery and I generally had different things we had to do ((and definitely different weights)) because he's trying to bulk up and I'm just trying to tone. Our last trainer just had us doing all the same things, but because we're looking to accomplish different things with our bodies, that just sucks.

Anyway, we worked our abs first with my doing crunches and Misery doing something else with a staff. Then we both did planks ((support your body weight on just your toes and your forearms)) and variations of planks ((extend one arm or one leg)). My abs are totally not very strong, so it was hard, but I love the accomplished feeling I get when I can do something without failing.

After that, we worked our triceps and biceps. I did skull crushers, dips, and various bicep curls with dumbbells. Anyway, it was pretty awesome because when he showed me how he wanted me to do the dips ((place my hands on a bench with my knees bent, then scoot my bum off the bench and, using only my arms, dip my body down and up)), he's like, "Okay. I want you to try for fifteen, but it's pretty hard, so I want you to at least do ten." I was able to do all fifteen without a problem using the proper form and everything ((elbows had to stay behind me and not wing out to the sides of me)). He looked impressed that I could do it, so he told me to try for twenty - fifteen at the very least - and I did all of them again.

So he made it harder on me. He got another bench, and I have to place my legs on that bench with my hands on the original one, and I had to dip my body even lower. When I did them, I thought he told me to do ten, so when I did the full set, I was like, "You said ten, right?" and he's like, "Yeah. Did you do them?" so I said yes, and he's like, "Okay! Do as many more as you can do." At this point, he and Misery were both watch me do it, and he even asked Misery if I'd ever been involved in gymnastics. XD I wish! I've always wanted to do gymnastics. hahah By the time I got to seventeen ((including the ten that Ben had told me to do)), my elbows started trying to give out, so I pushed myself to twenty before I stopped because I didn't want to have my elbows give out for real and end up hurting myself.

Ugh... At the end of our work-out, he had us on the treadmill. He wanted me to run on it for ten minutes, but I couldn't do it. I hate running anyway, but like... by three minutes, I had a terrible stitch in both sides, and my chest hurt, so I changed the speed to a very brisk pace. The muscles around the tops of my feet and ankles and lower calves hurt ((along with most of my upper body)), but it's such a wonderful feeling. Misery hates that sore feeling because most of the time, he just feels like he's in pain, but I love it.

I'm going to take a swim class today despite how sore I am. I already know how to swim, so that's obviously not what I'll be doing in this class. The gym just has various exercise classes, and there are a few different aquatic fitness ones. Plus, I really just want to swim sometimes, and that's the perfect excuse to do something worthwhile while I swim.

Wednesday, Misery and I will work out on our own, and on Thursday, we'll be working with Ben again. Then we'll hold off working out until Saturday, so that's five days for me this week and four for Misery. Ben said he wants us to try to get to the gym four or five days a week, and Misery refuses to take the exercise classes with me, so it's his loss.

I really love working out and being physically active. I already feel like I have more energy in general, and Misery and I can both do so much more now than we could even do on our first day going to the gym. It's a wonderful feeling. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Ugh... I'm going to double post because I'm soooo effing excited!

I just got a job! It's not an ideal job, but I got a full time job at Radio Shack as a sale associate. I start on Saturday. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Clap YAY!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:57 pm

HOORAY!!!!!

This calls for...a congratulatory dance par-tay!

Boogie Dance Clap Boogie Dance Clap

(That's right. Dance, monkeys, dance. Mwuhahahahaha...)
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Congrats, Kathryn!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Thanks, guys.

Ugh... So, Misery and I spent pretty much all evening getting my uniform. We got the shoes by the third shoe place. It's really hard to find shoes that look okay but are also comfortable. In the end, I went more for comfort over style, but they look okay when I wear pants. Having worked retail in the past, I had no desire to choose style over comfort.

Apparently, nowhere anywhere has a light grey polo style shirt for women that is just plain grey and regular. WTF? Seriously... /hate

Anyway, I'm just really glad we got good shoes. They're extremely cushiony, and we got a second pair of them half off, so when I wear out the first pair, I'll have the second. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:21 am

Congrats Kathryn!

cheers Clap Headbang Trumpet Funny Drunk

That news deserves all the celebratory emoticons I can find.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:24 am

hahah Thanks, Marc!

Hm... I guess I spoke too soon. Almost as soon as I posted that I couldn't find the right colour polo anywhere, I went to JC Penny's site, and they have good polos for women in the exact colour ((heather grey)) that my workplace demands. Misery and I are going to go there tomorrow to get one or two of them. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 pm

I celebrate owning and, just last night, completing Ocarina of Time 3D! cheers

Also, FOG is awesome. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 am

Well, this is a double post, but it's been a while, and it's a new one.
I celebrate making progress in my RP post despite distractions near and far!

Finally! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 pm

The Jets revealed the jerseys!The Jets revealed the jerseys! *flails* Hyper

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 15 Screen_shot_2011-09-06_at_1

OMG! They're gorgeous! They look like they could skate really fast in those! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Eric Fehr looks good in an Away jersey. I want an Away jersey!

Guess who's going to get a jersey? That's right. Me. I am. I am going to get a jersey. *points to chest seriously* This person right here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:44 am

The Subway on base finally got a toaster hooked up behind the counter! Now I can enjoy my foot-long chicken teriyaki on toasted wheat! Boogie
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next