FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Celebration Thread :D

+39
Little Supernova
Bird of Hermes
Axiom Awaits
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Mojave Wanderer
The Ghost Writer
Entity of Sin
Sunwolf007
Skitzo-phrenick
Gabe
Tartra
Shadow Moonseye
Kalon Ordona II
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Squall Reyes
Hisoka
Inerio
Attie
MoiraofWords
Loki
Dax
Mercinus3
SpaceWheeler2.0
Sighlent
Eternity
Gadreille
Guilty Carrion
ImmortalSin
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
UnfortunateBountyHunter
Silvan Arrow
The Melancholy Spirit
xraineyesx
Lara
wakeangel
43 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 14 Empty Re: The Celebration Thread :D

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 pm

That's great about the interview, Kathryn! I'm sure you'll knock their socks off and they'll just be itching to hire you! Best of luck!

I celebrate just a good week in general. My thesis proposal is coming along, so it looks like I'm on track to get a first draft to my advisor by Monday. I got to go catch sharks with the shark survey people yesterday, which was AMAZING. And I got to spend some good quality time with two of my friends today before they move on Sunday.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks so much, Fate! You have more faith in me than I seem to have in me sometimes. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 am

I celebrate having a great BBQ on Sunday with all of my closest friends and their children. Of course I also celebrate joining the staff and forum of FoG!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:30 am

That sounds like it would be really nice, Marcus!

Being staff on FoG is definitely cause for celebration. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 am

I hope it is. I have a very small but close group of friends, who are a second family to me. They will all be there Sunday with their children, it should be nice.

I agree Kathryn, especially joining staff on the same day as such a nice person as yourself. We should definitely celebrate! Dance
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Takun and I officially passed the Therapy Dog Evaluation Exam! In a few weeks, once the paperwork is processed, we will be a registered team and be able to visit hospitals and nursing homes to bring companionship to those who otherwise have few visitors. Especially of the animal variety.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:17 pm

That's fantastic, Loki! Congratulations to you and to Takun!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Loki wrote:Takun and I officially passed the Therapy Dog Evaluation Exam! In a few weeks, once the paperwork is processed, we will be a registered team and be able to visit hospitals and nursing homes to bring companionship to those who otherwise have few visitors. Especially of the animal variety.
That is really awesome, Loki! Very Happy I think animals make amazing companions for people who are in need of some extra love and compassion.

My grandpa had to be in a nursing home for a year or so before he eventually passed, and although we visited him at least once a week and he made a couple of friends there, I know he probably really would have appreciated having an animal like a dog there to kind of give him something to care about while also relieving his pain and anxiety. He loved dogs and owned one up until a few years before needing assisted living. So, I think it's wonderful that you and Takun are doing that! Congrats! Go you!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:59 pm

I celebrate, despite my hair straightener falling off Axiom's small sink counter and breaking this morning, I was able to not only buy a new one today, but Sally's was also handing out new coupons that were actually supposed to be starting next month/tomorrow for the store. One of them was for buying a specific flat iron and getting the same brand hair curler for free! I wasn't even paying attention to the book of coupons, but after I looked over their entire selection and figured out which flat iron I wanted to buy, we noticed that it was that exact one that was in that offer, so I ended up getting a curling iron for free! It's nice, since I don't own one of those either, and it was all for just $70. (My old hair straightener cost me around $100, so I was really quite excited about all this.)

Tomorrow also marks 5 years since Axiom and I first started dating. We first started dating back on August 1st, 2006. Though we did have exactly a year apart, we have grown closer than ever, learning and growing both as individuals and as a couple. I know now better than I ever have that there isn't anyone else in this world better suited for me than him, and I am truly happy and honored to be his girlfriend.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Well those are sure good reasons to celebrate. First getting something cheaper than originally purchased and a freebie on top is wonderful.

Congratulations to you and Axiom on 5 years. You two seem very happy, and I wish you all the best. I remember back when I felt I was with the person most suited to me.

Now I celebrate a wonderful BBQ with great friends. I had a lovely time, and always do when together with my closest friends.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Marcus2477 wrote:... I remember back when I felt I was with the person most suited to me.

I celebrate how much that just made me laugh. Laughing
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:36 pm

The Ghost Writer wrote:
Marcus2477 wrote:... I remember back when I felt I was with the person most suited to me.

I celebrate how much that just made me laugh. Laughing

I am glad it made you laugh, Ghost. It has been a long time. But even though I knew when writing it that it might come off weird, I really just meant that I knew the feeling.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:25 pm

Fate, those are definitely wonderful reasons to celebrate - especially the latter of the two! Congratulations!

Marcus, I'm glad you had such a great time! Spending time with people about whom you care is always great.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 am

Wow, so many things to celebrate while I've been gone this weekend!

Loki, that's wonderful new about you and Takun! It's amazing how much animals can touch people's hearts, especially when they're hurting, so I'm glad you and Takun are going to be a therapy team. I'm sure it will be a rewarding experience for both of you!

Fate, congrats on five years with Axiom! Haha, and here I thought I was doing well to be nearly at two months with my boyfriend, who's the first one I've dated in four years. Most of the time when I've seen couples break up and get back together, they usually have problems, so I'm relieved to see that you two are the exception in that you've become a stronger couple and seem so happy together. I hope you have many more happy years together!

Marcus, I'm glad you had such a good time at the BBQ! Summer BBQs are always lots of fun, aren't they?

I celebrate a fun weekend with my boyfriend (lots of swing dancing and lazing around the house) before he leaves for vacation. And later today, I will celebrate completing the first draft of my thesis proposal and submitting it to my advisor for editing!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:40 pm

I have recently just started on working on ideas for a new potential story of mine (ahem, potential book, if I dream high enough). I have 2 other ideas still for two other separate stories, and all of which I'd like to write about someday. (One is a superhero story, another is paranormal/ghost related, and this new one deals with extraterrestrials). All three have unique and different aspects about the that I know will set them apart from other things in their genre, so I am very excited at the thought of getting around to working on these, starting with my newest idea in the works. It's the one I'm most passionate about, and i hope that, as such, it will show in my writing and allow me to write to my full potential. (Bleh, please excuse any typos, as I'm typing on my cell phone.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Silvan, I'm glad you had such a great time with your boyfriend! It's always nice to spend time with the people about whom we care - especially romantically. ^o_~^

Fate, if you get published - or even if you don't and just complete your story/stories - I expect a signed copy even if I have to buy it. XD

I celebrate the fact that I just had my third Blockbuster interview today. The first was a group interview/casting call which I thought went badly, but obviously not since I got called back. The second was an individual interview for pretty much every location in the area, and the third was with the specific location where I could be placed. The store manager told me he'd call me by the beginning of the week regardless of whether or not I get the job so he wouldn't just be leaving me hanging. I think that interview went really well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the one other person he's interviewing for the same position isn't better than I was. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:08 pm

I celebrate that I am getting my own computer at last. -cheers- I will be able to get on more than once every few weeks. -happy face-

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Congratulations, Lady!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Thankies -smiles brightly-

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Wow, Kathryn, a 3rd interview!? That's pretty intense that they have that many, but hopefully they've only become more confident in you with each one. Good luck with getting the job!! ^_^

Getting your own computer is definitely worth a celebration, Lady_Despair, so congrats!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I have an interview at 10:00 AM tomorrow in the Quad Cities at a place called Integrated Insurance Solutions for a receptionist position. I work until 10 PM tonight though and then have to drive 3 hours afterwards to Axiom's place, and since I'm waking up at around 7 AM tomorrow (I have to leave early for the interview, since it's in Iowa/across the bridge over the Mississippi, and the bridge is being worked on, so it's all backed up) that leaves me with probably around 5ish hours of sleep tonight. Hopefully I'm not too tired for the interview tomorrow. Sleep I really need to find a job before I move back to the QC.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Well, even though it sounds like sleep won't be something of which you'll get enough, congratulations on the job interview! I'm sure you'll do really well! Be sure to eat a good breakfast to give you more energy.

I wish you luck, Fate!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Good luck Fate. Drive safe, and knock em dead! cheers
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 pm

-smiles brightly and waves- Good luck. Have fun. -nod nod-

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks, guys! Smile

Well, the interview today went well, I think. I really hope that I get the job, since it sounds like it'd be perfect for me. He has a couple more people to interview and will get back to me by the end of this coming week. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Tonight, Axiom and I went for a walk down the gravel road outside his mom's house, and he ended up finding a $10 bill on the ground! I thought that was pretty random and lucky, and then I saw a little bat flying around. He kept flying in circles around this tree, so I stood there watching him flying really close overhead for a minute. (I love bats -- ever since Silverwing.) Then I caught a baby toad hopping on the road and set him down in the grass (after convincing him that I loved him LOL).

Overall, good day for the start of the weekend. Tomorrow is lunch with the parents and some more errands.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Congratulations on a job interview well done!

hahahah Your day just sounds like it was made of win! I'm sure that toad understood just how much you loved him and didn't even want to tinkle on your hand after that the way most do. =P

I love bats, tooooooo! They're so adorable!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah, way to go, Fate! Sounds like you knocked that interview out of the park! I hope you end up getting the job!

I celebrate that my boyfriend comes back from visiting his sister tomorrow, and I get to pick him up at the airport and FINALLY get a big squeezy hug from him. Gah, I've sure missed that boy... AND we just made plans with a couple of other friends to go on an evening cruise around the harbor for an 80s-themed dance party later this week. Best of all, the tickets were very reasonably priced! I can't wait!

Now I just need to drum up an 80s-themed costume... scratch
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Silvan, that sounds great! I hope you have a blast on that cruise, and I'm glad that you'll get some hugs from your boyfriend!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Yay! I just got the text -- Axiom just got hired! He's going to be designing & creating websites and starts the 22nd (which is absolutely perfect, since that's after I move in with him)!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Well congrats to Axiom! Wish him the best! A new job is always a great thing. I am sure he will do wonderful, after all he does great with this place.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next