FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Next Weekend

4 posters

Go down

Moving Next Weekend Empty Moving Next Weekend

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:01 pm

So, this was kind of a quick, last minute decision, but Axiom and I will be moving next week...

XD

We have been living in his mom's basement, and we didn't think we'd be able to move out until next year, because of both money and just not being able to find the right apartment in time. We applied to a place, but our application went in too late, and they had to give it to the people that came before us.

We thought, "Oh, well. We'll just live out in the middle of nowhere and drive forever to work for awhile." Lol. But then Axiom happened to come across an ad for an apartment in our ideal town, and the funny thing is, it was right exactly across the street from the apartment we viewed previously and applied for. It's even the same kind of building with the same layout in apartments. The best part though? This apartment has been completely updated, both the inside and outside. The building's exterior has been given a major facelift, with new siding, etc., and the inside has all new appliances, new carpet, new windows (great for energy costs), new doors, etc. So, it was almost fate that we didn't get that other apartment, since this one is the same thing, only all updated.

Well, we gave the lady our applications for this place, and now we'll be moving Saturday, October 15th. We're going to work on setting up our satellite and internet there, so hopefully that can be ready for us not long after we move in. We have some packing to do, and it's really kind of rushed, so it's all going to be kind of hectic with working out all our bills and whatnot, but hopefully we won't be away for long. This is just a heads up, since we'll be pretty busy that weekend moving and settling in, and of course we both work full-time during the week, so it's a crazy time!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Moving Next Weekend Empty Re: Moving Next Weekend

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:10 pm

That's fantastic news, Fate! Congratulations!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Congrats Fate! I am glad you were able to find a place that works well for both you and Axiom. I hope you get your internet up and running soon, so it will be perfect.

Good luck with the actual move though.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:27 am

Aw, thanks, guys. We're excited to have a place of our own again and for finding this place in the nick of time. (We were adamant on not moving after October, since it would just be too cold for all that.)

I just e-mailed our landlord this morning about setting up our utilities and internet so that we can get that all ready for us by the time we move in next Saturday, so hopefully it'll be a smooth move.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:17 am

Fate, that's such a wonderful piece of news! A newly refurnished apartment in the perfect location right after you both land full-time jobs...I praise God on your behalf! It's funny how things like that just fall into place sometimes, isn't it? I hope you both have a safe, smooth move, and we'll hold down the fort while you're busy with all of that.

CELEBRATORY DANCE PAR-TAY!!!!! Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:09 pm

That's exactly right, Silvan. Very Happy It is definitely nice how this all happened. I know we were both pretty worried about finding jobs, but that worked out before it got to be a problem, and now we'll be able to move this year rather than waiting till spring time in 2012. We're so glad and so thankful and are ready to move forward more with our lives together.

I'm dancin', I'm dancin'!

Dance
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Hey, guys. Just a bit of an update here.

Axiom and I just got internet today at our new place. It's great having a place of our own, but it's taking some time to get everything organized, put away, built, and cleaned. It's still a mess right now, but we're making a lot of progress. It helps that we have a garage with a lot of space in it for storage too. My mom wants me to take some pictures of the place, so I might share those with you guys here too if you like. :]

There's a lot that needs doing, so we're pretty preoccupied with it right now, so we can't really spend too much time surfing the 'net or chilling on FoG at the moment, but hopefully by this coming weekend, we should be in much better shape as far as how moved in we are.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down