FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving in 2 weeks

2 posters

Go down

Moving in 2 weeks Empty Moving in 2 weeks

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Axiom and I will be moving to a new apartment 2 weeks from today (Saturday, 7/14). The weekend after we move, we'll also be getting a Miniature Goldendoodle puppy from a breeder. Right now, we're trying to pack on the weekends and getting ready for the move and for the new addition to our little family (hoping that our cat Na'vi will get along with the dog!). So, it's going to be pretty busy for us on the weekends for a little while now. I just wanted to give you guys a bit of a heads up, since I already haven't had much extra time lately.

We're excited to be moving though, since the apartment we're in now has been miserable. Our neighbor upstairs is constantly walking (more like stomping) around all day and night, and she doesn't seem to sleep. She's an older woman, in her sixties or so, and she's a music teacher, so she's home all day now, being summer vacation. We've also had a severe bug problem, mainly in the form of ants, which we've been trying to combat. We've also had roaches too though, and it just got to the point where it's a sanitary issue.

Our new place is, well, that -- new. It's still under construction actually, and it'll be done just in time for us to move in mid July. It'll have 2 baths, unlike our current place, which Axiom and I are finding out is a must. They also offer a dog play yard area, which will be nice for us soon.

The puppy that we'll be getting we've already chosen out from her litter. We're planning on calling her Penny (because of her rusty reddish coloring). http://www.whisperingkennel.com/Mandy.html The one we chose is the biggest of the females and has 2 white spots on her belly. When we were deciding, it was between her and the one the breeder temporarily named Spot, but my mom was telling me some negative things about dogs born with pink noses. (Her friend had a pink-nosed dog, and it constantly got sunburned.) We're really excited to have our own dog soon!

Na'vi, our fairly new cat that we adopted from a girl who was looking to get rid of her, has been doing well, though she can get a little too playful at times. (She likes biting us more than she likes playing with her toys sometimes, and I think the girl who gave her to us played with Na'vi with her hands, which you're not supposed to do, since Na'vi never had any toys of her own before we adopted her. Now she has TONS!) I'm sure Na'vi won't be happy about the move and probably will take some time adjusting to a puppy in the house, but since she's just SUCH a playful cat who loves running around like crazy and has lots of energy, we're hoping that she'll find herself a playmate in the form of our new puppy.

So that's what's going on in our lives lately!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Moving in 2 weeks Empty Re: Moving in 2 weeks

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Congratulations! I know how awful you've been feeling living in your current place, so I really hope that this will be a huge improvement for you and Axiom.

It's really exciting that you're getting a new puppy. It's hard to say whether or not Na'vi will take to her, but hopefully they'll get along just fine!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down