FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+44
Jag
Spectre
Blade Barrier
Knifey Keith
Chindi
Icipher
DracoMalfoy
cindrella
Lumeus
Moon's Jester
xraineyesx
Talas
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Guilty Carrion
Colonel Autumn
Bird of Hermes
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Awesomeocalypse
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Charlie the Ghost
Sighlent
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Entity of Sin
Eternity
Tartra
Digital Muse
Gabe
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
wakeangel
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Silvan Arrow
Fate Flyer
Lara
Skitzo-phrenick
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Kathryn Lacey
48 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 11 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:50 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 pm

I hate my family, honestly! They've taken everything away from, just because they don't approve of me trying to get back into contact with a guy I've liked for nearly 2 - 3 years now!
And to top it all off, I feel like he's avoiding me because I had no way to contact him.
Life. Effing. Sucks.
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Awww. I know how it can feel to not be able to do the things you love, Ysopet!

Cindrella, why don't they approve of him, and what exactly have they taken from you other than potentially ruining your chance to be with him?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Cindrella, why don't they approve of him, and what exactly have they taken from you other than potentially ruining your chance to be with him?

Because he's 3 years older then me and we kinda fight. A lot. xD Well, we did the last time we talked.
But, I honestly care about this guy, I can't even think of dating anyone other than him - and trust me, I've been asked. Dx
My phone, my ability to go out, my laptop. The only reason I am able to even come on is because I have a school laptop that they legally aren't allowed to take from me. Dx
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Ah, I see. Honestly, when I was sixteen, I kind of wish my mom had been pickier about the ages of guys I dated. I dated a twenty-two year old ((yeah, now that I'm twenty-two, I find this incredibly gross)), and he screwed me over emotionally enough that I didn't really get over him until I was nineteen and realized I deserved better.

Anyway... I don't see three years as a big deal, but your parents are just doing what they think is best for you. Try to remember that it's better to have parents who want to protect you than parents who let you run rampant. As a sixteen year old who did run rampant, I know the difference. My mom loved me, I know, but I wish she would have been a little more strict with me at times. It shows they care, and it helps us grow as people.

I know you care about this guy, but it sounds like he causes you a lot of stress between your fighting and your fighting with your family, maybe it's for the best to just move onto other things? At sixteen, it won't be the end of the world if you don't date him. Maybe you two could just be friends, and in a couple of years - or however long it takes for your family to stop disapproving of the age difference (the older we get, the less important age becomes) if it takes less than that - you two can be together if it's really meant to be?

In high school, I dated a lot of people, and none of them were right for me. In fact, I've never known anyone who ended up with their high school sweethearts (except for maybe Ysopet and Gadreille here on FoG!). I know it's hard to see it now. I was loathe to accept advice from people if I didn't experience it for myself, but who knows what you will or won't take from this?

Just remember that your family loves you. They aren't trying to make you miserable even if that's how it feels right now.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks Ryn. You're so nice. ; u ;

I'm not really upset that they won't let me date him, because honestly, I don't really entirely want to date him just yet. But they are just keeping him out of my life permanently and by doing so they're isolating me from all my friends who I can only contact either through text message or during school lunch hour. I have to go straight home, or else I am grounded, and when I get home I have to do chores because I am grounded. If I get anything lower than a C+ I get yelled at. It's just hard to take and he was my only thing that made me feel... I don't know, laid back and able to be myself. We argued a lot, yeah, but we always made up at the most a few hours later.

He never really stressed me out, more so I just liked the idea of having that person they couldn't take away from me because they never knew I even had him.

But now I feel like he's ignoring me, so he IS stressing me out at the moment.
alkshf;askhf
I don't know anymore.

I need to stop being older than I am and worry about the normal teenage thing. Boys and fashion. @ ^ @
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 am

Have you tried sitting down with your parents and discussing how you feel? They may be more understanding when they see where you're coming from?

hahahah While my mom pretty much let me do whatever when it came to social aspects, I got yelled at if I got below a B-, so I feel you there. However, I'm not upset about it any more. I talked to my mom about it at the time, and she said something along the lines of, "I was only upset because I knew you could do so much better." From then on, I only got below a B in one class, and it was because I purposely failed it because I was an irate little pot-head at the time... I totally aced it the second time around, though, when I actually decided to do my homework and not smoke pot all the time... >.>;;

Anyway, I think it's fine to be mature when it's right, but there are other times when it's nice to just chillax and think and talk about boys and fashion... Well... I've never had a good handle on fashion... I liked talking about theatre, though! And books! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 am

I've tried, one too many times. Ever argued with a mirror over your emotions? That's what it is like to talk to my mother - she doesn't really care, that's how I feel. I mean, the last time I cried in front of her I think I was 14, and by that I mean actually CRY. She thinks we're close and she knows all there is to know about me, but she only knows what she does because she invades my privacy. She reads my text messages then throws them in my face. She gets my passwords for my Facebook, asks who all my friends are and sends invites to people I don't know. Asks me personal things, then when I answer honestly tells me that's not how I feel - I feel this way and I am just lying.

It's the most frustrating thing in the world, and I seriously tell her once a week that I am leaving the moment I graduate because I just can't take it anymore. She says I'm just joking, but Lord if I thought I could survive on my own or with my deadbeat Father I would already have left. Dx

I know she loves me, and I love her too. But it's just like I'm sitting here on a small patch of island in the middle of an ocean filled with sharks, flailing about as she flies around in circles over my head in a glass helicopter. @ . @
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Hm... That actually seems extremely shitty. When I said I wished my mom had been a little more protective, I didn't mean to that degree. For the most part, I actually could talk to my mom about how I felt - though I often didn't bring up the subject of things like drugs I'd done or the trouble into which I'd gotten until a couple of years after the fact. I could always talk to her about my boyfriends and my friends and school, though... I could even talk to her about sex even though I didn't the first time around... She was only pissed at me because she wanted me to be safe, and by not telling her right away, I didn't get on birth control for a couple of weeks, and she didn't want me pregnant at sixteen like she'd been.

I hope you're saving up money and looking for a job. If you really want to move out that quickly, those are two very important things to do. I only escaped my mom - and by escape, I mean, she was crazy bipolar, and it was hell to be around her when she was in her rage-modes though she was the best mom ever in her happy-modes - because she moved to Pennsylvania and let me stay in Iowa with my grandma due to a promise she made that I would never have to switch high schools once I started my freshman year. I went to four different elementary schools and three different middle schools, so I guess she saw my frustration very clearly.

Anyway, I can honestly say that when I didn't have to live with her, we got along extremely well for the most part. We still fought sometimes, but they weren't nearly as vicious as they were when we were living together with our hormones battling for the top of the hill (which she always one because she was an adult and bipolar and crazy and I was just teenaged crazy with bipolar tendencies and no actual diagnosis).

The point is that when you're a legal adult and living away from her, you two may get along better because you won't be all over each others' spaces.

I complain that I have to work six days a week starting next week until my manager can get someone hired and trained. The worst part is that I could have said "no," but I didn't because we only have two people working the store, and it would have made things that much harder on my boss - who I like as a friend even if she's not the most amazing manager ever - and I wasn't willing to screw her over that way. At least I'll get paid overtime, but this is going to suck balls.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cindrella Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Oh yeah, I already have a job. Dx I'm just like, 'Get me ouuuut!'

Yeah, me and her are the same way, only I am a diagnosed Schizoid, lol. xD
Unmedicated, at that.

But still, huff. I go to Pennsylvania every summer to see my father and it's just like, 'Well damn, I like being down here cause I can do whatever the Hell I wanna do, including talk like myself and swear as much as I want.' x . x

Aaaaw, I'm sorry Ryn.
; n ;
I had that issue with work once, they made me work right after school ended until 10pm so when I came home, I was up til 12 doing effing chores and then had to be up at 5:30am to finish Homework and shizz. Was horrid.
cindrella
cindrella
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:13 pm

I used to visit my father in Minnesota, and it was fun, but after he decided to not tell me he wasn't coming to my graduation ceremony, I was pretty much done with him. I mean, I gave him another chance a little bit later, but then he screwed me over on going to college one year, so I just don't talk to him any more. There's no point. I was fine without him for fourteen years of my life. I'll be fine without him for the rest of it.

Ugh... I'm so glad I never had to get a job when I was in high school. That would have sucked sooooo much. My mom's rule was that we didn't have to get a job as long as we (as in her children) were in school, but if we weren't in school, we had to get a job. I got a job the summer after I graduated, but high school was a fun time of merriment and theatre and slacking off on my homework while still maintaining A's and B's. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:08 pm

I complain that there are not enough hours in the day, or rather, that the hours I have to myself seem to pass unnaturally fast compared to the hours I spend working.

Third on my list of superhuman abilities I would enjoy having, Time Manipulation.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Cinny, in my family my brother and I were strongly discouraged from getting even B's. ^_^ It was all very civil, but quite ironclad. xD Then some of my sisters got to get away with lower grades, down to a certain, also ironclad point. It didn't seem fair until I looked at it from the perspective of individual ability. It's that whole 'we know you can do better' thing.

Regardless of ability, though, if you're getting anywhere near the neighborhood of C grades, I'd say embrace your parents' course-corrections with open arms. This will benefit you tremendously later on in life, when the grades--and the knowledge--will matter.

Your mom does seem somewhat more invasive than mine, but think of it this way. If you can be understanding and cooperative under those circumstances, just imagine what little will phase you when you get crappy bosses or have to deal with difficult people as you get older. Thumbs Up

Under most circumstances, my advice to teenagers is to be Parents' Little Angel until you're legally responsible. Remember that not only do they love you and want you not to repeat their mistakes, they're also legally responsible for what you do. It's their job to raise you right as best they know how. If they suck at it, empower yourself through books and parenting resources. Not to correct them, but to translate their methods into what they really mean to be positively saying. Don't throw their methods in their face; channel what they're really trying to tell you and try to receive it in a positive light. Smile

Life may be hard in teenage years, because we're coming into the development of our independent minds, and often it clashes at first with the familiar because we want to try new things, get second opinions, and forge our own destiny. However, as you've probably heard people say countless times, the older you get, the more you realize how right your parents were on so many things, at least as far as intentions are concerned.

Right now your parents are there to keep you safe. All too soon you'll be old enough to fend for yourself, and you'll be expected to do so. Use this time to prepare. Nod
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 am

I complain that my friends are inconsiderate and narrow-minded. There really is no need to trash The Phantom Menace in front of me right after I say that it's my favorite of the Star Wars saga. Yes, the original trilogy is the trilogy; it came first and there is a certain quality to it that the prequels lack. There's no denying that. But please don't tell me that Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman and Jake Lloyd can't act. Quite frankly, I think they did great jobs, and Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman have proven on numerous occasions that they possess the ability to act. Coming from an aspiring actor's perspective, there were bits and pieces of the film that I now find a tad awkward, but, their characters were believable and interesting in my opinion. So I just fail to understand the basis of that argument; to me, it doesn't exist.

And okay, there is the nuisance that is Jar Jar Binks. I don't like him either. I view Star Wars as a serious and tragic story; I really don't want it tarnished with physical comic relief. If Jar Jar had been a more serious character with a more legitimate reason for being banished, I would've loved the character. Because, at the end of day, he played a significant role in the movie's plot. If it wasn't for him, Padme would have never had the idea to return to Naboo to fight and unite her people and the Gungans. Really, Padme is practically a pacifist, she wouldn't have even considered that idea, if Jar Jar had not informed her of the Gungan grand army. His personality bugged the crap out of me, yes, but, he was still useful. And I think George Lucas had Jar Jar fall out of the story entirely in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith because his approval rating was so low. So even though Jar Jar appears in quite a few scenes, the important role that he plays cancels out how annoying his personality was. So once again, another invalid argument.

Personally, I don't see what's wrong with the movie at all. Maybe my bias clouds my judgment, but I loved the Darth Maul fight scene, I loved the plot, I loved how driven Padme was, how eccentric Qui-Gon was and how innocent and pure Anakin was. I can't find anything wrong with the film...except the updated Yoda in its recent re-release.

And also, why even say that in front of me? Like, if you don't it, that's fine. I'm not going to shove the movie down your throat and force you to like it. But please, be more considerate. And also, I'm not a "fake fan," because I actually enjoy one of the prequels. I've really gotten back into the series since seeing The Phantom Menace in theaters last weekend; it's really the only movie I'm interested in watching in the entire saga at the moment. I'd prefer not to be teared down. Sorry, my long nerdy rant is long and nerdy. But I needed to get the frustration off my chest.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:13 am

I understand where you are coming from Draco. I am a huge Star Wars fan, if you can not tell from my name. While none of my friends are rude about it, they do sometimes make comments about how bad Star Wars as a whole is. Especially the prequels.

I grew up with the Original Trilogy, and while I do enjoy them more than the Prequels, I still believe the Prequels have there moments as well.

I am sorry but to me The Phantom Menace is the weakest of all the movies. It did have strong points, especially the Darth Maul/Qui-Gon/Obi_wan fight scene. Plus anything involving Liam Neeson was golden, he made the movie tolerable for me.

IMO, Lucas tried to make it too much of a young kid movie. Jar Jar is the most annoying character in movie history, IMO. Plus when Anakin jumps off the counter and yells "Yippee!!!" it sort of messes with my view of Vader from that point on.

I am again sorry that your friends aren't more considerate of your feelings. But just do what I do. All that matters is you enjoy the movie. You aren't forcing them to watch it, or even like it. So go see it, enjoy it, and you know you have spent 2 hours of your life doing something you enjoyed.

Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:22 pm

I really don't get why people hate the prequels. I grew up with the originals and still love the prequels.
I don't even mind the whiny older Anakin. He has to become Vader somehow. And it kinda makes sense; his tragedy is that he's too skilled and not skilled enough, and neither himself nor others can stand either. That's an oversimplification, of course, but it seems to be the core problem. All those midichlorians and the lost father-figure of Qui-Gon.

And Liam Neeson was awesome! He's supposed to be stoic. ^_^
And Jar Jar is our 3PO. You don't hear people complaining about 3PO. Like Draco said, both have a purpose in addition to being comic relief. Jar Jar even phased out as 3PO phased in.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks Revan; ha I noticed, I do love your set by the way! You make some good points; the whole point is the movie and what it means to the one watching it, not the opinions of those around them. So canceling out my friends is something I am going to try for the future, haha.

I believe I might just have a bias for The Phantom Menace; it was the first one I saw, with my grandma wanting me to view them in chronological order. Though with just Menace and the original trilogy released at the time, that doesn't make a ton of sense to me, haha. I always get looks when I admit it, but I feel like nine year old Anakin is my favorite incarnation of the character. Probably because, being seven, I related. And when I watch now, I love his innocence and the hidden tragedy to it. Such a selfless boy eventually loses himself to become a monster. It breaks my heart. I feel similar about the "yippee," trust me, but I loved every other Anakin scene in the movie. And although I'm not much of a romantic, the "are you an angel?" bit gets me every time.

I'm right with you, Kalon. I love the prequels and had a heart attack when I learned they were bring Phantom Menace back to theaters. The original trilogy tells an amazing story and I do love it more, but I grew up with the suspense of the prequels, wondering how it was all going to tie together. So I think I might just have a bit of a bias towards them.

Ugh. Whiny Anakin bugs me, I admit it. I know it shouldn't bug me, because we can't forget that there's supposed to be a ten year gap between Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace and that's more than enough time for his innocent, selfless nature to become arrogant, prideful, and whiny. That and I believe Natalie Portman was burdened with saving every romantic scene in that movie. But Anakin got better as Revenge of the Sith came along. His fall always upsets me because it's so tragic and there are so many obvious steps he and those around him could have taken to prevent it. Anakin's story is so sad in my opinion and I think the prequels set him up nicely to take up the mantle as the trilogy's Darth Vader.

Liam Neeson is the best, always and forever. Yeah, it's weird how that works, but I never had much issue with 3PO because I feel like his banter with R2 was entertaining. It gave the illusion that droids actually thought and felt and that's not easy to accomplish. But that's a very good point, Jar Jar phasing out as 3PO phased in. I never really saw it that way, Kalon. I think it gives me a bit more tolerance for Jar Jar's character.

DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I actually did enjoy the Phantom Menace too, Draco, and I remember being shocked all those years ago when bad things started being said about it. Granted, I was much younger, and the experience was probably different than if I watched it today for the first time, but then again, I still do love it to this day. In all honesty -- and feel free to hate me for it -- but I actually loved the Gungans. JarJar just ruined it for their entire species. I even ended up creating my own Gungan character, who one of my friends and favorite artists drew for me! Very Happy http://stucunningham.deviantart.com/gallery/#/dfc3gh That was quite awhile ago now.

Anyway, people will always have their opinions, and yeah, many times people's opinions aren't going to change, because let's face it -- people are stubborn and like to feel as if they are right in what they think. But I get the feeling so many newer Star Wars fans (like around our generation) like the older films best because that's the general consensus. The older fans who were alive to have seen the original trilogy in the theater had formed a certain love and nostalgia for those movies that the new ones just kind of threatened.

Anyway, just my little thoughts.

I complain that I woke up this morning with a sore throat, and now I'm feeling like I'm on the verge of getting sick. My body is feeling sore and achy like a cold is coming on. I've been trying so hard to fight it throughout the day by sucking on Cold-Eeze and drinking OJ, so hopefully that helps... I've only been working at my job for a month now, so I really don't want to be sick! I will work through it too if I am. It'll be a heck of a struggle -- 9 hour days of wanting nothing but to lay down lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:19 am

My new job as a scheduler for appraisers is SO crazy busy. o___o I don't even allow myself a single break all day long, not even for lunch. There's just no time!

Yesterday, I worked 9 1/2 hours without any breaks. By the end of the day, I had to pee so bad, it hurt. Sad It's just insane, but all these things needed to get done for Monday that I had absolutely no choice. And the unfortunate thing is, it's going to be the same way Monday, since I need to get a bunch of things done for my appraisers before Tuesday. AH!

I guess the lady I'm replacing as scheduler/appraiser assistant was very good about treating all her appraisers as if they were the only ones she scheduled for, to give them that nice, small-town-like atmosphere. That's great and a wonderful thing for a business to do (my old boss at the sushi restaurant was the same way with his customers), but the bad thing about that is, is that everyone then feels like they are the center of attention and can demand anything at any time, because they have absolutely no idea that I'm scheduling for 5 other people as well. So, I can have a million things to do for each person, and it's really overwhelming. Shocked No I hope things calm down at work soon. The lady I'm replacing said she's been saying it'll calm down for 3 years now, but she thinks they will. That's not overly reassuring to me...
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:05 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Icipher Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Mass Effect 3. Enough said.
Icipher
Icipher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chindi Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 am

^

I second this.
Chindi
Chindi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 am

Complaint?
That it's not out yet, right? I hope?
They didn't ruin the game, did they? Shocked
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icipher Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 am

In my personal opinion, Kalon, the game is a massively over-hyped, terribly scripted, overly-pushed-out-the-door pathetic grab at the "All I want to do is shoot things" crowd. The dialogue options are pathetic. I've been getting two options (no middle ground anymore) all the time, and that is when I even get a choice in what to say. Most of it is cutscenes so far... I feel like I'm playing a shooter with some very, very limited interactive cutscenes and that is about it. Not to mention several other issues...
Icipher
Icipher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 am

Nooooooo! Sob
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Teaching this week for my education methods class is stealing all my time.

Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chindi Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:37 am

I complain that I'm finding it near impossible to reintegrate myself into this community. No rps call, seems like very few care outside of thier seperate prefered groups, and in general its rather blah. Feels like there is no community anymore.

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough.
Chindi
Chindi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:32 am

Chindi, have you tried talking to other people and maybe starting your own role-play? I'm sure you'll find people are more open to playing with those outside their "preferred groups" if you take more steps to put yourself out there.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chindi Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Hard to talk to other people when the chat box is deader than dead. And forgive me for not randomly pming people to try and talk. And from what I can tell the OOC part of the forum is rather dead too. Things are a lot different from when I first joined. From when I left, even.

And poking around the current rps makes me doubt that many would be interested in anything I'd want to put the effort into making. However, maybe inspiration will strike.

Chindi
Chindi
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:12 am

FOG's definitely in a slump, one of several I've experienced in the time I've spent on it. Who knows if it will get better or not, but I imagine it probably will.

But not if people just sit around and wait for it to. In my experience, if I want to role play, I have to make the interest check. Perhaps that's because I'm picky about others ideas, or perhaps it's just dumb chance that when everyone has good interest checks, I don't have time. Who knows. Anyway, now that you have a new monniker, you may want to re-establish your interests. There are a lot of new members here who probably have no idea what you are interested in. Also, in terms of just chatting, I don't see why you can't post in the OOC...you are probably more likely to get a response there than in the chat thread. People like from me, for example, who rarely use chat (even when it was the "it" thing). I dunno, maybe I'm too old school.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next