FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Ho Silver!

+2
Fate Flyer
ShadowWake
6 posters

Go down

Hi Ho Silver! Empty Hi Ho Silver!

Post by ShadowWake Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Guess this is my 'Hello' of sorts! Very Happy

I was invited over from RPGateway and considering I have a rather advanced roleplay I'd like to give a go, I thought this might be the right place for it!

I'm open for requests and will do pretty much anything, though fantasy and sci-fi are my favourites.

In case anyone sees this and is interested, the RP I will be creating soon is a fantasy/sci-fi merge (i.e. a medieval-like civilisation with a few technologies - the RP starting on the verge of space-flight) and is in depth/detailed in the sense that I will create as realistic a setting as possible.

Of course, it'll be an adventure mission essentially but I may throw in a few alterior missions as well. Twisted Evil

Anyway, there's my intro in all its brief entirety. If you need another RP at all, just send me a line and I'll take a looksie!

Cheers, m'dears! Smile
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Hi Ho Silver! Empty Re: Hi Ho Silver!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey, welcome aboard. There are plenty of RP's in the offing right now, it seems, as we are getting a lot more people and are truly getting under way.

Have fun! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey there, ShadowWake! Very Happy

I like your idea for a role-play, and I may be interested. :] That sounds like fun!

Good to have you here, and enjoy yourself!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Thanks guys!

Well, the RP is currently in the process: I'm just getting the details about the world sorted and then it'll be up! Still thinking of titles at the moment but once I know what it's going to be I'll pop the name here so that you can recognise it once it's up. Smile

This is just the motivation I need! Very Happy
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm always willing to give a RP a good look over. Hopefully it'll be something that piques my interest. Either way, welcome to FoG and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Awesome, sounds great! Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Cool, thanks Loki. Smile To give you guys a taster, here's a snippet of the world I'm developing. Twill be better arranged when it gets into RP format. These are mainly ideas at the mo. See what you think. Very Happy

Planet
Apart from being more oceanic, i.e. ¾ water, this world differs little from Earth. It is a similar size with the same density, gravity and atmosphere and has only a single sun. It does, however, have two moons – Isiah and Ortel – that orbit perpendicular to each other. Major constellations include the Little Cub, Hertius, and Lia’s Mirror. A bright blue speck marks the nearest planet – named Lorvas – and is visible during day and night.

Landscape
Most land = archipelagos of between 1 and 20 islands, scattered randomly across the globe. There are no continents, only Regions and Archipelagos. Landscape ranges widely like Earth, with forests, deserts, mountains, ice, etc.
About 60% of the land is habitable (i.e. big enough and with a habitable landscape).

Climate/Tides
Climate is generally the same all over the world but with season extremes: Spring = monsoon season, Summer = drought season, Autumn = hurricane season, Winter = blizzard season. Extremes are predictable, with each season containing a full month of sporadic extreme weather, i.e. March-May = Spring (monsoons = April), June-August = Summer (drought = July), September-November = Autumn (hurricanes = October), December-February = Winter (blizzards = January).

Tides are extreme four times a year when the moons are closest to each other and correspond with the extreme weather: high tides in April and October (often resulting in floods) and low tides in July and January (land bridges form between some islands).

Animals
Teela are the sentient humanoid natives, having evolved from ape-like ancestors, and have been around for just over half a millenia. No other humanoid races as of yet, due to space travel only just being invented.

There are no magical creatures but some very large species are present – most notably Kraken (sea-squids), Morgar (sea-serpents) and Rocs (eagles) – as well as the endemic Eben-wolves (rock-wolves).

Civilisation
Capital island = approx. 46,500,000. World population = approx. 2,000,000,000. Small town = up to 5,000. Large town = between 5,000 and 50,000. City = >50,000.

The capital island – named Ista – is situated in an archipelao composed of six islands, only two others of which are inhabited, and is about the size of Australia.

Cultural diveristy between native Teela is distinguished by their markings – both patterning and colour. More LEDCs than MEDCs (medieval-like era). Social heirarchies within civilisation are often based on colour. Differences in marking shapes often reflects race advancement (the larger and more irregular the markings, the less civilised the race is; can be a generalisation though).

Currency: 1 x Amber Imperial = 5 x Crimson Shillings; 1 x Crimson Shilling = 100 x Ivory Pennies.

Magic
‘Magic’ is composed of alchemy or tribal-like rituals, depending on how civilised the race. Simple alchemy uses natural powders and liquids, occasionally bound with ritualisations, whereas complex alchemy used for weapons and flight involves the latter combined with a form of ore called Erythoril.

• Erythoril is a mirrorlike, apricot-coloured ore. It is heavy, smooth and extremely inflexible in solid form. Its melting point is very high, though combining it with other compounds can lower the melting point. Once tempered (like steel), it provides excellent protection from radiation and some insulation against temperature changes, as well as being very unreactive. The smell of sugar comes from this material in its crude form. When exposed to open flame, i.e. when tempered, it becomes paler and almost white-gold in color and is used in this state for metalwork, jewelery and weaponry. When the crude ore is exposed to acid, it explodes, and this has recently been used in the development of space-flight.

‘Magic’ used in rituals comes from personal willpower and is an inexhaustable resource, depending on how the rituals are undertaken. Fasting is more common than sacrifices in LEDCs but the latter do occur: mostly animals but sometimes with the shaman’s own blood or limbs. MEDCs have realised that neither fasting nor sacrifices are necessary for the rituals to work and often only use alchemy anyway.
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Wow, that sounds awesome, ShadowWake! Very Happy You sure have been thinking this out, it seems. I think that it all sounds great so far. I like the mechanics of it. Nod

The first line though ("Apart from being more oceanic, i.e. ¾ water, this world differs little from Earth." ) is a bit off, since Earth is about 3/4 water. Sweat Drop
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Ooops! Rolling Eyes I thought it was 2/3 water, which was why I thought 3/4 would be about right! In which case, it probably has the same oceanic content as Earth but with the land more sparse as islands instead of clumped together in continents. Smile

Oh and to satisfy your intro questions (which I've only just seen)...

1. I am a recent ex-student - graduating in 2 weeks time - from a Zoology degree and now that I am unable to find a job doing what I want (i.e. working hands-on with animals), I am working full-time as the Research & Development Administrator for the Peninsula's (Devon & Cornwall) National Health Service (NHS).

2. I have a dude that I'm moving in with in a couple of weeks time - once I've earned enough to actually have my own money instead of borrowing from the bank. And the time until then is creeping along due to living with my rather lively family (Mum, Dad, 10yr old brother, 19yr old sister who's moved out - than goodness). I am not a lively person. Oh and dude is significanlty older than me so don't ask if you can't take the answer! Laughing

3. I like reading and writing mostly - always have - and have been writing a novel since I was 15. Was finished around 2 years ago but as it needs drastic editing and I've been at uni, there's simply been no chance to take it any further on the publishing front. I also have 2 published poems with the International Library of Poetry - 'Siren' and 'Desiree' - as well as a myriad of unpublished poems and half-finished stories stored on my godsend of a PC.

4. I love animals of most kinds - except adult pigs (I like piglets), wasps and flies - and I have loads of favourites, however, presently frogs are pretty high on the list. I have 1 cat (1 passed away last Christmas) called Willow and my mum has a noisy wimp of a Yorkshire Terrier called Spike.

5. Nearly all of my stories and RPs are fantasy-based - often high fantasy - though I have a real soft-spot for sci-fi, being a Next Generation fan, 'n all... Very Happy As well as RPs, I've love games like Sims 2/3 and Spore (simply because I can make my characters come to life) and RP console games like Assassin's Creed, Halo 2/3 and Drakengard.

In short, I'm a literary geek. Very Happy
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Ah, well no harm, since some places say that it's 2/3, while others say that is 3/4. scratch I like the sound of that though, that there are more islands and segments of land spread out. Smile

Nice! A Zoology degree? That's very cool! I hope that you can find a job working hands-on with animals. Being an animal lover myself, I think that sounds like a fantastic job.

So you're the oldest sibling then? Lol I'm the same way as you -- My family was also on the lively side (and by that, I mean just my insane mom xD lol), so it was really nice to get out on my own to live with my fiance. Aw, now I'm curious about the guy you're going to be living with, hehe.

That's amazing that you already have 2 published poems! Congrats! I love the name Siren. (One of my usernames was Syren Song.)

Oh, amazing! You have a cat named Willow? Willow Waters was my last username I went by, haha. That's very neat too that you mom has a Yorkie. (My family had 2 Yorkies while I was living with them but at different times each.) Smile Spike is a cute name for a Yorkshire Terrier.

Spore and Assassin's Creed are awesome! (I'm really looking forward to the 2nd Assassin's Creed myself.) Drakengard? Oh! I remember that game. That was a fun game. I nearly had forgotten about it. Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:37 pm

Lol, ah, well - we'll just say 3/4 and not compare it to Earth at all then, shall we? Laughing

The degree was unfortunately not as interesting as it sounds. There were some really good bits (my favourite module was Animal Communication and Sensory Ecology) but a lot of it was research oriented and so we were learning about who did what experiement most of the time, rather than just what the animals did and why. I much preferred my 'Zookeeper for a Day' thing I did! Very Happy

Yeah, I'm the oldest sibling and I've had my fair shares of 'you should know better's over the years. It's mostly my mum's side of the family too funnily enough; every year we have The Family Weekend when all the relatives from my mum's side of the family hire out a mansion and hang out together for the weekend. It's Hell. My poor dude got a hell of a shock the first time he went, lol. I'm very much more like Fraz's family: chilled out (though with a little tendancy to worry) and generally laid back with a hate for confrontation, whereas my family are energetic and argumentative. 'Tis a pain sometimes...

And seeing as you're curious (and I like you already Very Happy): his name is Fraz (Frazer) and he's an IT technician who performs in a functions band (i.e. weddings and social clubs etc) called Changes, a few evenings a month, with his older brother (by about 10yrs) and two of his (brother's) mates. He's 34 and looks a little like a vampire with puppydog eyes and a gorgeous smile. Laughing *finishes gush* We've agreed we'll be getting married at some point but are sensible enough to wait until a) we've lived together for a while (considering that the longest time we've spent together was a week) and b) we have the money to do so.

But I can't wait!! Very Happy

Willow was actually named after Alison Hannigan's character in Buffy - who was clearly the most awesome of the lot - and Spike was nearly called Brian! Haha! I was a little disappointed when she didn't 'cuz I wanted to run across fields screaming Monty Python quotes:

"Come 'ere, Brian! You've been a very naughty boy!" *rofl*

Ooh, when's the new Assassin's Creed coming out? Not too soon I hope as I need to earn some money first! Drakengard was amazing and I've never found another game like it. There's certainly no game on the XBox360 like it, which is rather frustrating... Unless of course you know of anything?
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Lol that sounds like a good idea! xD

That's too bad that the zoology degree wasn't all that exciting, but I imagine that no degree really can be all the time. Animal Communication sounds really interesting though! Oh, as does Zookeeper for the Day! That'd be lots of fun, I think. Very Happy

Haha aww, that sounds similar to my parents ("You're older - you should know better!"). Oh, man. They hire out a mansion? That would be pretty crazy! "chilled out (though with a little tendancy to worry) and generally laid back with a hate for confrontation" -- That sounds like me too! ^^

Aw, that's so sweet! You and Frazer sound like you're really a cute couple, and oh, the age isn't' a huge deal. My own parents have a 13 years difference. Wink That's really awesome too that Fraz is in a functions band with his brother and his friends. He sounds really cool! It's a great idea to live together though, I think. That's how my fiance and I did it. Smile Best of luck with you both and any future wedding plans down the line!

Lol, ah! Doh I don't know why I didn't immediately think Buffy when I saw the names Willow and Spike. *is a bit of a Buffy nerd* xD Willow was definitely one of the coolest character from the show - very much agreed!

lol! That would have been hilarious!

I don't think the new Assassin's Creed is coming out for awhile yet. I'm not sure on the date, but it was just announced that they were making one not that long ago, so you (and I!) should have time to save up, hehe. Have you ever played the Drakan games? They're really old now, but I enjoyed them back in the day. Lately, I've been hooked on Infamous for PS3. I beat it twice (as good and evil), and now I'm kind of wishing I took it slower lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Welcome to you, Shadow Wake. I'm sure you'll find a home here. Everyone seems to. Have fun perusing the boards.

Also, I think I have one more RP I can get involved with. Flagging interest.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:24 pm

:: pounces upon you :: You're a tNG fan! OMG! OMG! Me, too!!! I grew up on it. I love Star Trek.

:: coughs ::

Anyway, I hope you enjoy FoG. It'll enjoy you no matter what. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:15 am

Lmao. Yes, I'm a NG fan. Data, Gainon & Picard = mucho awesomeness! Very Happy But I'm an odd one because I'm both a fan of ST and SW, though NG beats SW very slightly...

And Fate, I'm starting to get a little creeped out by our almost identical tastes... Shocked The only other person I know who likes everything that I do is Fraz and even he doesn't enjoy RPing (his creativity is music, mine's literature). Hang on a minute...? *frowns suspiciously*

Thanks for expressing the interest Diodri: I should be getting this thing at least in the interest check tonight and likely sorted properly by the end of Sat night (Fraz has a gig so I have to entertain myself for 6hrs). Smile
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:39 am

ShadowWakeeee!! My ShadowWakeee!! Welcome! *pokes self* I mean...here I aam!! :3
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:12 am

Yay, Hedya!! My Hedya! Woop! Very Happy Welcome!

Fancy this epic I'm currently composing?
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedya Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:38 am

Certainly! Flirt
Hedya
Hedya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 am

*laughs* I know, it is pretty crazy, right? Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:30 am

You're not that odd. I love both Star Trek and Star Wars, too. People like us are a rare commodity, though. Some people tell me I can't possibly enjoy both which annoys me to know end... However, I will agree and say that I do enjoy Star Trek more than Star Wars. While Star Trek: The Next Generation is my favorite, I also enjoy Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: Voyager. I haven't seen much of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine to pass judgement on whether I like it or not, but I am absolutely certain that I loathe Star Trek: Enterprise. >=(

I have a collector's plate that has the pictures of the captains of tOS, tNG, DS9, and Voyager with all of their signatures. ^^_^^ It's awesome.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Well dudes and dudettes: the Interest Check is up!

Interest Check

Take a looksie and see what you think. I'm obviously still getting the bits and pieces up there but hopefully that should be done soonish anyway. And if anyone can think of a better way to re-arrange it, please let me know! Very Happy

I have to say, Kathryn, I agree regarding the abomination that is Enterprise and so does Fraz, lol. I don't think the really cheesy music helps either...
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Everything about Enterprise is worthless and made of fail, and I've never finished an entire episode. I just... cannot stomach that series. It's too bad, too, because the guy who plays the captain did a great job in Quantum Leap. Then again... Quantum Leap probably had way better writers than Enterprise. :: gags ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWake Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:45 am

I agree, though I tend to ignore the rubbish-ness of Enterprise and focus instead on the greatness of NG (though I have to say, I hate the Crushers with a passion), lol.

For those of you interested in this new RP, I now have an OOC thread up for profiles and with more information regarding the RP. The OOC thread can be found here. I'll be setting up the IC thread towards the weekend to allow people to post profiles in the meantime but there's no hurry as I'm keeping it open (unless of course I get too many RPers to keep an eye on)! Very Happy
ShadowWake
ShadowWake
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down