FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Eyed Slayers (recruiting two more)

3 posters

Go down

The Silver Eyed Slayers (recruiting two more) Empty The Silver Eyed Slayers (recruiting two more)

Post by Neschume Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:43 pm

OoC here: The Silver Eyed Slayers {OoC}

Flutura walked along the deserted roads of the south looking for the village she was supposed to going to. She had gotten a contract from Koe. This was her informant or person who gave her contracts and handled receiving of money from towns. This contract was set for a town on the outermost part of the southern region. It was said that you could see the sea from it, something few Claymores ever got to do. Naturally she was thrilled about this and what was originally a walk quickly turned to a run just thinking about it.

After walking for about four hours Flutura finally arrived at the large town of Bakarak which was buzzing with life. It was raining lightly, surprising for the edge of a dessert, but that didn't stop her from rushing in. Normally she was much more reserved than this, she wouldn't rush off so blindly, this was different than anything she had ever done before.

As she reached the town Flutura noticed that it was quite a bit different than most of the ones that were more inland. There were lights here but they weren't just from lamps or the sun, they seemed to run on nothing at all. They flashed and shone brighter than anything she had seen save for the sun. All that she could do was stare in awe at the wonder of these magical lights. After a few minutes she was bumped into by a boy, she had been walking into the city without even noticing it.

"Watch it lady!" Yelled a little boy as he raced past Flutura following a white ball. She nearly fell over from this unexpected strike from a little boy but she was able to regain her composure. Closing her eyes she began to sense for a Yoma, after all that was her mission, she surely wasn't sent here to gawk at the town. It took a minute due to the sheer size of the town but she found the Yoma's energy and started walking off towards it.

The town was truly immense and quite overpopulated, Flutura couldn't walk anywhere without running into someone every minute. She wasn't used to having so many people in a town, she wasn't even very used to being in a town with people who were outside. Most of the time the townspeople ran inside their houses at the sight of her but this town was strangely different and no one seemed to even notice her presence. It was just like she was another person in the town, not a monster at all. She didn't mind this feeling, the feeling of not being singled out but she still wouldn't choose to be here more than necessary.

Walking up to a large circle of buildings Flutura closed her eyes again and sensed for the Yoma. It was in a shop called "Laundry Mat" which was something she had never heard of. Even though she didn't know what it was she walked in and looked around. The room was small and there were lots of things spinning and whirling around. Everything was so forein to her here but it was okay because now she could sense where the Yoma was.

The Yoma was disguised as a man and he was just sitting near one of the whirling machine with a bored but content look on his face. Flutura held tightly onto her claymore and moved slowly towards the Yoma. It looked at her, it was confused but it looked like it knew what was going on at the same time. Rising to it's feet it moved towards her at a sluggish pace. She pulled out her sword and prepared for anything.

People in the room started talking in mumbled whispers, which she presumed were about her but she held tightly onto her blade. The Yoma moved to her and looked at her dead in the eye.

"Claymore, we take this outside." As the Yoma said this Flutura was pushed up into the air and out bashing into the doors which shattered like glass as she flew threw them. She slammed to the ground and before she knew what was going on she was moving through the air and they was pushed to the ground again, this time in a much kinder manner.

"Claymore, please stand I don't want you to be hurt for our fight." The Yoma looked at her with menacing eyes as he said this. What really caught Flutura's eye however was the extra hand he had growing from his back.

"So this is how you pushed me without me knowing. You bastard!" Flutura stood and continued talking, "You're an Awakened aren't you?"

"No no honey I'm something entirely different. I am a new breed of Yoma. We have no special name but we do have abilities far beyond that of regular Yoma. We have control of ourselves unlike regular Yoma. We don't have to feed to survive, we can go for weeks without food. I'm truly surprised you were sent out here to fight me. I haven't even fed in a week." The Yoma had lost it's clothing and had turned a green color, it's true Yoma body exposed.

"But your nowhere near as strong as an Awakened Being are you?"

"No, unfortunately I am not but I'm sure I still pose a challenge to you. After all you're just one Claymore."

Last edited by Neschume on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

The Silver Eyed Slayers (recruiting two more) Empty Re: The Silver Eyed Slayers (recruiting two more)

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 am

Seleena gritted her teeth, and wrenched her sword out of the now dead Yoma. The brackish blood splattered across the streets cobble stones. This Yoma had instantly shed its human disguise and attacked as soon as she entered the city. Perhaps it thought it actually stood a chance... Seleena mused, and smiled.

Behind her she sensed a second Yoki aura. She turned to face the new threat, seconds to late. As she moved, two elongated fingers took her through the shoulder. A Yoma had been waiting in the alley, and as soon as the warriors guard was dropped it attacked. Seleena cursed herself for being so careless.

"Foolish Claymore." The Yoma cackled, "You're mine now. I wonder how you taste..."

The Yoma lifted her up into the air on its finger tips, while the other hand moved to disarm her. The fingers shot forward and knocked the sword out of her hands. Seleena now hung in mid air, disarmed, with her left shoulder badly damaged. People in the streets began to murmur nervously, while several other retreated to their homes in a desperate attempt to hide.

The Yoma grinned, "You're mine now, Claymore. I think I'll let you hang for a moment, let the towns folk cower in fear."

Again fingers shot forward from the Yomas other hand. Seleena was able to twist her body to dodge some of the blows, but pain soon shot through her right leg and stomach. the fingers retracted, preparing for another attack. She let out a tiny cry of pain, but quickly repressed it and clenched her teeth. I'm losing too much blood. I need to end this...

Seleena grabbed a hold of the two fingers the were holding her aloft and clenched them hard. Still they would not release her. The Yoma on the ground continued to taunt.

"You are nothing woman. Nothing."
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The Silver Eyed Slayers (recruiting two more) Empty Re: The Silver Eyed Slayers (recruiting two more)

Post by Yuina Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:56 am

BRYNHILD
Number: 15

A cool wind brushed against Brynhild's person as she traversed a path surrounded by forestry. Destination, the eastern region. The organization had yet assigned her a mission within the premises another unfamiliar territory, or so she would like to call it. The only familiar grounds for her is that of the Organization's own grounds, but she was far away from home ever since she became recognized as a valuable asset.

Brynhild came to a halt just as soon as the rest of the gust blew past her. The wind brought with it faint traces of Yoki energy from both near and far. One was from a fellow Claymore and another was without a doubt from a Yoma, although it was somehow different. She slowly turned her head to the direction of where those energies from afar she sensed came from.

"The south...?"

Brynhild had to focus hard to recognize the yoki that belonged to the Claymore. It took her a few seconds to finally know that it belonged to the Organization's number 8 Flutura, or better known amongst the Claymores as The Butterfly. Though she had not seen her personally, Brynhild heard the rumors of how good a fighter she was said to be.

"I guess it's not in my place to worry. She's a single digit after all..." Brynhild said and turned around.

As she was about to continue walking forward, the stream of yoki energy from nearby tingled her senses. Instead of walking forward, Brynhild slowly raised her right hand to grab the hilt of her claymore. With her eyes turned fierce, she looked to the side through the trees that blanketed the sides of the path she was traversing.

"Come out! Did you really think you could take me by surprise?" She asked the air.

As the seconds ticked away, a figure leaped out from the woods and came down upon her with frightening speed. Dust that covered the path was kicked up forming a brown cloud as the figure landed to where Brynhild previously stood with a mighty thud. Skidding backwards with her right hand still holding on to the hilt of her claymore, Brynhild managed to avoid the danger easily.

"Impressive for a Claymore to be able to keep up with my movement." It said from within the cloud of dust.

As a fresh gust blew the cloud of dust away, it revealed a huge purple Yoma standing arrogantly before Brynhild. It's tongue slithering sideways while staring at her with cocky eyes. Surely it was about to say something but Brynhild had no time to listen to its ranting and hollow boasts. Within a blink of an eye, she rushed forward as fast as her body and power would allow her to deliver a single slice from the shoulder down to the waist of the purple Yoma.

"Trash..." Brynhild said after hearing a groan of pain accompanied by blood splattering to the ground.

Last edited by Yuina on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 am

"You will die Claymore." The Yoma rushed forward after saying this without even a seconds notice. It was heading straight for Flutura. She pushed off the ground where she laid and dodged right, or she thought she dodged. The Yoma's third hand had grabbed her by the side and was forcing her back left towards the Yoma.

Flutura moved her sword up quickly and it looked as though it had sliced the Yoma's extra arm. No blood trickled from it though, it simple fell to the ground. The entire arm that sprouted from it's back began to disintegrate until she could see it no more. She knew this Yoma stood no chance, even with his extra hand but still she couldn't help worrying about something. She couldn't place what however so she continued the fight.

Flutura sprinted forward heading right for the Yoma that stood before her. Moving her sword down low she kept a quick pace and then shot like lightning straight through the beast. However there was no explosion of blood this time, No showers from behind her. She turned around to see the Yoma still standing but off to the left, two arms begining to burn into nothingness just like the first.

"You showed me something I didn't know I could do Claymore." The Yoma's arms began to disappear behind it's back exactly like before, "Turns out I can regenerate one more arm every time you chop off one." It's back now sprouted four arms, they seemed to be even larger than before.

"You monster." Flutura began with a voice that seemed only a whisper but quickly grew confident, "I didn't know what to expect, I have to know my enemy's weak points and their strategies before I can truly asses the situation and create a plan for winning. But now I know your strategy and it's really no you who has anything special is it? It's just your extra arms."

Flutura jumped as soon as she had finished speaking. She was right above the Yoma, where all his extra arms were and she made a circle with a slash of her blade. The arms fell off his body same as the first. She moved to the ground without even a second passing and with one strike, from the ground below the Yoma up, finished the battle.

Blood exploded out from where the Yoma stood and Flutura could faintly make out a passing of the word, "Bitch," from it's dying lips. The shower of blood soon turned into a sprinkle and then went away as the corpse of the Yoma fell to the ground. One on each side of where she had sliced the monster in two. She gave a light chuckle and then turned around to look at the marvelous city behind her.

The city was bright in the fading light, almost like it stayed day all the time there. It shouldn't matter to her though she had to get back to Koe. He was surely waiting for her back in the woods near the Organization's base. There wouldn't be too much light to walk by though. The sun was fading away into nothing but she started to walk anyway. The path ahead was long, straight and flat, there was nothing on it that could possible hurt her so she just walked.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:17 pm

"Nothing?" Seleena shouted, "How you Yoma always seem to underestimate nothing!"

The womans eyes flared a deep yellow as she pulled on the beasts fingers. She didn't try to break them however, she was pulling herself forward as if she was scaling rope.

"Urgh! You die now!" Spat the Yoma as he stabbed at Seleena's head. This time she saw the attack coming, and twisted her body in mid air, dodging the claws as they slammed harmlessly into the building behind her. At last she was touching the ground again. Even though she still had no sword, Seleena was far from defenseless. She cocked back he fist, and slammed it into the Yoma's face. Purple blood shot down the Yoma's face as the blow destroyed one of its eyes.

The creature staggered back, stunned briefly. This gave her time to work on the fingers. With new strength from her Yoki filling her, it was a simple task to snap the slender fingers that held her prisoner. Seleena turned and leaped away as more claws struck the ground behind her.

"Are you ready to die now monster?" Seleena called to it, her voiced sounded hollow and distant. She smiled with her slowly sharpening teeth. "Are you ready to feel my blade?"

As she bent to pick up her sword, the Yoma launched another assault, shooting all his fingers at her.

"Too slow." She whispered.

Her first cut made an upward arc from the ground, shredding membrane and bone. The second stroke passed down and across, taking more fingers with it as it traveled. The last stroke went up and across in the other direction, completing a sideways figure 8 pattern. Bits and pieces of the Yoma covered the street as she repeated the pattern until nothing was left of it's hands but two stubby palms.

"Damn y-" The Yoma barely had time to speak as Seleena rushed forward, cutting the same pattern through the Yoma. It fell to the ground in 4 pieces, blood running freely through the alleys gutter.

Seleena fell to one knee, gripping her sword for support. A faint aura surrounded her as she gnashed her sharp teeth in pain. Several people gathered behind her, some giving halfhearted thanks, while others simply stared in awe.

"Stay back!" She snapped at them, her voice not quite her own. The people watching her quickly shattered. Seleena then closed her eyes and focused on her mission, her lost family, her purpose. Slowly and willfully she brought herself down, until her Yoki aura was just a whisper. When she opened her eyes again, they were bright silver, and her wounds were most healed. Finally she stood again, sheathed her sword, and continued on her way. The village elder met her in the streets.

"Wait." He called to her, "What about your payment?"

"You shall not give it to me. A man in black will arrive, you will give the payment to him. You should be able to recognize him right way."

The man seemed confused, "Uhh, s-sure. I will give it to him." Then he quickly moved away.

As she passed through the city, most people shied away from her, and only a few offered thanks. It was not until she was a good ways out of the city did the people return to their daily tasks. Her smile broke briefly as she sighed. So this is the life I've chosen? Hmph, ingrates. Hmmm... Dancing Blade Seleena? Or Seleena of the Dancing Blade... I need to work on a name...
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 am

BRYNHILD

Sheathing back her claymore in place, Brynhild turned her head to the direction where a strong surge of Yoki from a fellow Claymore spiked the air for a short time. It was too short for a tough battle. She then turned her gaze to the Yoma she just slayed, contemplating on their sudden increase in activity.

"Even the organization's number 19, Seleena is having a good time with these monsters..." She said and kicked the Yoma's upper body to the side of the road.

Brynhild continued walking forward, it was still a day's worth of walking before she would be able to reach one of the nearest eastern villages. Though if she were to run at full speed, half an hour is all it would take. She was fighting the urge to hurry and get things over and done with but was specifically instructed to meet her handler somewhere along this path so she refrained.

"Still sharp as ever. It's good to see you." A voice said from behind a large tree.

Brynhild immediately knew who owned the voice. Instead of returning his somewhat friendly greeting, she just stopped in her tracks and waited for the man to come out. Moments later, a man dressed in black stepped out from the cover of the tree to face Brynhild. He was supposed to give her the mission details.

"This road will take you to the village that requested for a Claymore." he said while pointing towards the far end of the dirt path.

"This road however, is said to be infested by a Yoma who hunts down travelers." he said and took a peek behind Brynhild.

"But I guess I shouldn't be worried about that." he worded and rested his back on a tree.

"Get to the point... How many Yoma will I be dealing with?" Brynhild asked.

The man raised his brow as he looked into her eyes. He then lifted his right hand and showed Brynhild 3 fingers. Brynhild let a faint smile escape her lips after learning about how many she would soon be dealing with.

"It's as good as done." Brynhild said and began walking forward.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 am

The load was impossibly straight for being so long and Flutura was able to keep on the path without ever drifting off for hours. She was headed back to the center of the continent so she could meet up with Koe who would give her her next assignment. There was no other people to meet on this road at all, strange for the size of city that was right behind her. She had to wonder if those sparkling lights and other strange things in that town scared away other people from going towards it. It didn't matter now though as she could see the tips of trees coming up over the horizon.

Flutura reached the forest's edge and kept walking forward, sure that Koe would soon be near.

After a few minutes of walking she heard a voice call out to her, "It seems you've taken out our friendly Yoma Flutura. Good job." It was Koe, his words sounded as deceptive as ever, like he was just trying to confuse her or tell her something without saying it.

"Yes but what was that monster? It made itself to be a new type of Yoma and I believe it. You told me nothing of the sort though." Flutura looked at Koe with a slight hint of anger in her eyes, just enough to let him know she wanted a serious explanation.

"Do you really want to know? I'm sure you won't be too pleased with the answer." Flutura reponded with a nod and Koe continued, "Well many years ago those special Yoma started popping up, we don't know why or how but they did. We've been taking care of them as soon as cases come up for a as long as anyone in the Organization can remember. We can't tell you why they have special powers or how but I can tell you that I will never tell you when you will face one."

"You're a real bastard Koe. You know that?"

Koe let out a light chuckle and then began to talk again, "Yes to most Claymore I am Flutura but I'm also the only thing that keeps you from being hunted by your own kind." He gave a moments pause and then continued, telling her about her next mission, "Your next mission isn't so much a mission as a series of tasks. As you know most of our experiments with male Claymore have ended in total failure and they have awakened. Well we're making a task force to fight those monsters and you're part of it. You along with numbers 15 and 19 are assigned to fighting the awakened males and only awakened males."

"What the Hell are you talking about! I can't fight Awakened beings, especially not the males, with such low numbers."

"This is the way the Organization wants it. You'll find that these two have abilities beyond that of their rank though, so don't be too quick to judge. Come we are going back to the base where we will meet with the other two. They will be informed as soon as they finish up their current tasks."

As Koe walked away into the forest so to did Flutura. Soon they would reach the Organization's home territory, their lab, base, everything.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Slight hunger pains pricked Seleena's stomach as she walked. Other warriors told her that she ate a surprising amount for a Claymore. Actually, it was sort of a blessing, sometimes you miss the sensation of filling your belly. Once she had put considerable distance between her and the town she was just at, Seleena walked several yards away from the main path, and into the woods. It was a simple task to find some food. She studied the strange looking star shaped fruit in her hands. It didn't seem poisonous...

Oh who am I kidding, it probably won't hurt me even if it was poisonous, especially after seeing some of the things those Yoma eat...

Without further ceremony, Seleena pulled out her sword and slammed it into the hard earth. She propped herself again the blade and began to nibble the fruit. It was surprisingly sweet, and quickly filled her. Soon she heard footsteps approaching. The woman took one last bite and tossed the rest of the fruit at the direction of the sound.

"Gah! Really Seleena? You're quite unusual. I never know what to expect from you..." The man in black emerged from the brush, wiping a spatter off of his uniform.

Seleena smirked, "You're late Blaine, I expected you yesterday."

"I was in the neighborhood. And speaking of unusual... You certainty used a lot of your Yoki power to get out of this last scrap. I truly hope you are not at your limit yet."

She stopped smiling, staring hard at the man, "I was caught off guard, a foolish mistake. I am still in control of my Yoki."

"It gladdens me to hear that Seleena." Blaine said, almost mockingly. "I have your next assignment."

Seleena waited patiently for him to continue.

"You'll be fighting several male awakened beings with numbers 8 and 15. You are to head back to headquarters immediately." He finished.

Seleena felt her heart plummet, she had heard the stories of awakened beings. "Just the three of us?" She managed to choke out.

"The Organization has great faith in you three. Now you'd better get walking, your Commander should be at base soon."

Seleena huffed and rose to her feet. Quickly she pulled out her sword, but instead of sheathing it, she made several slices towards Blaine. Brush and leaves fell to the ground on either side of the man. Wordlessly, Seleena sheathed her sword and walked towards the road.

"That is a marvelous technique you have." Blaine said, trying hard to keep his voice steady, "You're going to need it."
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 pm

BRYNHILD

Just as Brynhild was a few yards away from her handler, she heard his voice calling to her once more. He usually does this, leaving out important details of the mission just for the kick of annoying her. Nevertheless, it doesn't work all the time. Stopping for a brief moment and turning her head back just enough to see the man from the corner of her eye, Brynhild took a hold of her claymore.

"You better stop testing my patience and start talking fast Dyne..." She said.

The man gleefully chuckled. Annoying as usual but this time he sounded too happy. Brynhild guessed that it was because he has something very important to tell that he purposely left out of their previous conversation. Brynhild let go of the hilt of her claymore and turned around facing the man once more. This time, her eyes were fierce. He was hiding something and she wanted to get full details.

"Now, now... is that the way to repay the man who helped you?" He asked.

"Tsch! Stop wasting my time and talk..."

"Very well. I'm sure you know of the Organization's male claymore experiments correct?" He asked using an all knowing tone.

"Yeah I knew about that." She answered.

The man smiled a very sly one and again rested his back onto a tree. Brynhild didn't like where their conversation is going. Male claymores from the past were indeed the Organization's greatest mistake. They were far too vulnerable to awakening due to the fact that releasing their Yoki to the limit was said to give a feeling equivalent or greater than sexual ecstasy. The result? Awakened Beings. Terrible creatures with immeasurable power.

"Tell me now Dyne, after this mission, am I assigned to an Awakened Being hunting party?" She asked.

"Right on my dear! You are to go with numbers 8 and 19 on this one so you better finish your job fast. They should be on their way back to the Organization." He answered.

"Bastard..." Brynhild mumbled to herself.

Dyne turned around waving a hand and began walking away. Brynhild did the same and parted ways with him. She however felt really uneasy. Hunting parties for Awakened Beings are usually composed of a single digit and two or three lower ranking claymores but why did it have to be just her and number 19? Is the Organization really planning to fight them with just us three? She thought for a second.

"Silver Eyed Lion, Rigardo... Him alone killed off many Claymores in a battle at the southern region if I recall correctly." She said to herself.

Lost in her own thoughts, Brynhild shuddered just by thinking of the difference in power when faced with an Awakened Being, but there was nothing she could do. If the Organization asks her to hunt them down, she will. After forming a concrete resolve within her being, Brynhild released ten percent of her Yoki causing her silver eyes to change to a yellow hue and ran through the path heading towards an eastern region village.

What happens next? I don't know... But there's no time to waste!
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:31 pm

"The others should be here shortly." Koe and Flutura had been walking through the woods silently for quite some time and Koe had finally spoken up. They would be at the Organization's base soon enough. "Only about five minutes now Flutura but I'm sure you already knew that. You'll be the leader you know?"

Flutura looked up from her blank stare at the ground to the back of Koe's head as he said this. "Yes I know but it has been a long time since I've lead a team. This one is gonna be even harder to lead than most."

"Well this may be true but don't worry the other two are quite," Koe gave a short pause before he continued, "Capable fighters."

"What's that supposed to mean Koe?"

"Oh well it looks like there's no more time for questions Flutura, we're here." Just as he said this Flutura pushed through a bit of leaves and then the sun shone into her eyes. She moved her hand to cover them and after a few seconds or standing she looked out again. Everything was glared out to her because of the sun but she could still make out most of the place.

The Organization's base is their stronghold and also their lab. The place where they breed new Claymores for battle. Flutura knew more than what the Organization let on though. They experiment with orphans here. Some don't live through the first tests, a blessing really. Others are subjected to the most foul kinds of experiments one could think of. It's mostly males who get these nowadays though. It's said that around 1000 years back they some kind of super Claymores, far stronger than the ones that are made today.

Flutura was off in her own world which often times happened whenever she wasn't fighting or getting ready for a fight. She started walking with Koe without even truly realizing it herself. This was fine with her she really didn't mind it's not like it happened when anything important was going on.

Flutura looked at Koe who was starring up into the sky as he walked forward. Not straight up in the air of course but at the horizon. The scars that deformed his face were supposedly from a Claymore who awakened here under his guidance. She ripped two gashes in his face, one on each side of his nose. Though she was quickly exterminated by a few fellow Claymore Koe is supposed to be deathly afraid of Awakened beings.

The two reached a room and Koe opened the door for Flutura to step in. She did so without saying a word. A candle was lit without anyone touching it, she was reminded of the port city and was about to ask Koe about when the door was shut. Koe was gone and now she was alone. All she could do was wait so she took the claymore off her back and sheathed it on her side. Laying backwards she closed her eyes and waited for something, anything, to happen.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:53 am

The long walk back to headquarters was uneventful. After two days of straight walking, Seleena was ready to rest, but unfortunately she was required to meet with the Commander of the next mission immediately. The base was immense, prolonging her walk even further. After getting a few directions from the handler Koe, she found the room easily enough and let herself in.

There was number 8, Flutura, already waiting. Seleena straightened slightly, and addressed her superior.

"The name is Seleena, I am ranked number 19 in the organization. I am pleased to work under your command." She said formally. After her introduction she relaxed visibly, and leaned against a wall. She flicked back a strand of hair and smiled as she spoke, "Looks like we'll be hunting Awakeneds together."

She allowed her body to sink to the floor, and fold into a sitting position. "I hope you're as good as they say you are, because it sounds like we're going to need everything we got to get through this..."
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am

BRYNHILD

With the last downward slash from Brynhild's Claymore, a foul scream of pain filled the village square. The last of the three Yomas said to have been hiding amongst the people of this village has been eliminated. The mission was a complete success and Brynhild got through it without a scratch. Of course, she was fighting at ten percent released Yoki, the lowly Yomas never stood a chance to begin with.

"It is done... A man in black will come collect the payment." She said to the village head.

They were cowering in fear like most people do upon seeing a Claymore or a Yoma. Without a word of thanks, the village people just bowed down and kept their heads low, avoiding Brynhild's yellow eyes. Tsch! Brynhild silently scoffed and jumped up upon the village houses' rooftops disappearing from the sight of the villagers.

"Hey elder... we should have been more polite to the Claymore don't you think?" A villager asked.

"No... They are no different from these Yoma. There's no reason for us to accept such monsters." The village elder said while staring at the bodies of dead Yoma on their village square.

Tired as she may be, Brynhild pressed on releasing fifty percent of her Yoki allowing her to move even faster. A new mission awaits and she needed to get back to the Organization as soon as possible. With her veins now visible and her teeth now becoming sharp, Brynhild blazed through the forest faster than the wind. It wouldn't take her too long if she traveled at this rate.

"Finally..." She said while heaving.

The Organization grounds, she had finally set foot once more in her home, only to be greeted by the handler Koe. He had a mischievous look within his eyes as he slowly walked towards Brynhild. He gave her directions as to where her team are waiting. Without further delay, Brynhild walked inside the Organization grounds to the said location.

Upon reaching large iron doors, Brynhild pushed them open. Inside the room, two Claymores are already waiting. So these two are numbers 8 and 19. Still heaving from a little exertion, Brynhild walked in and approached the one who emanated a stronger Yoki. She stood in front of her hiding her exhaustion and introduced herself formally.

"Number 8, Flutura, My name is Brynhild, number 15. It is my honor to be working with you." She said without taking her eyes off her.

"It is also my pleasure to be working with you number 19, Seleena." She said and bowed down.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Flutura heard number 19's introduction as she walked in the small room that they had both been placed in. Seleena was her name though names mattered little in a fight. She always called the other Claymore by their number, it made things much less complicated. Number 19 also said they would be fighting awakeneds together, listening to the girl say this made her sit up instantly.

"19 do even know what were up against? You say awakeneds but these are much more powerful. You know of the Abyssal one Vulcan right?" Flutura unsheathed her claymore and moved it onto the back as she gave Seleena a chance to think. "Well if you do then you know how strong he is. The power of the male Awakened Beings is around half that level, females Awakened Beings have about half that usually. Naturally, acceptations are made for Claymore who awaken who are in the top five but still that's the average power."

Flutura was interrupted by the door opening and another Claymore walking in, she could have gone on longer but she figured Number 19 got the point. The Claymore formally introduced herself as Number 15, Brynhild. She couldn't believe the Organization would think to send out just these two double digits and her to try and fight awakened males. They would probably die on their first mission but maybe they really were above their numbers.

After Brynhild introduced herself to 19 Flutura started to talk, "Okay so were all here now. As you both know we will be fighting male Awakened Beings. We don't know when we will be sent out or how many we will be fighting. I am the highest ranked here so I am assigned leadership. Now before I can properly lead you two I need to know your fighting techniques. If you have abilities we will go outside and you will demonstrate them. Your fighting style will need to be explained in detail so I can properly asses your fighting potential and what you should do in any given situation."

This is why Flutura didn't lead missions very often. She needed to know everything about the other Claymores in her party, if she didn't then she could not lead properly. The only positive thing that would come out of having such a small group was that there weren't too many different fighting styles to study, just two. She might even have a fight with these two just to see where their abilities really are.

"Please step outside with me we will talk more out there." Flutura decided it best to simply be outside so she pushed the door open and walked into the blinding sunlight, waiting for the other two to follow suit.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:19 am

Seleena was about to protest, or to amend her statement. Fortunately, number 15 had arrived to take the attention off of her. After Flutura made her intentions clear, Seleena grudgingly stood up, and followed her superior. Once there were outside, the three found themselves is a small clearing, with several trees lining the area.

Eager to dispel any misconceptions Flutura had about her, Seleena decided to explain her fighting techniques first. She drew her sword and made several practice slashes in the air.

"For my demonstration I will not be using any of my Yoki. Please do not think little of me for admitting this, by I reach my limit quickly, and it would be foolish to risk it in such a small demonstration." Seleena smiled at Flutura, "I do not like to brag about myself, but I suppose I should reveal my title to you both, since we may be working together for a long time."

Seleena slammed her sword down into the Earth, displaying her emblem. "In my early days as a warrior, the Organization believed that I would reach somewhere in the top ten. That is because when I released my Yoki, I was unstoppable. I was on two previous hunts for awakened beings." Seleena's smile faded, "My team called me Seleena the Berserker."

"The Organization believed if I continued to use my Yoki in this manner, I would become a danger to my team. I was then demoted to the rank of 19, and given simpler assignments. I do not know why they would place me back on a team hunting awakened beings." She nodded to Flutura, "Not to mention, as you explained, male awakened beings."

She smiled once again, "But enough about me. Now for the demonstration." Seleena nodded towards two trees about 100 yards away.

Quick as the wind, Seleena grabbed her sword and ran, trailing dirt behind her. When she had crossed half the distance, she leaped into the air. As she descended, she made a single swing with her sword. First she hit the ground, then both trees hit the ground.

As she walked back, she shot both women a ridiculous grin, "Juvenile perhaps, but I'm sure you can judge my speed from that."
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:15 pm

BRYNHILD

Following the two outside a barren area, Brynhild finds herself in a situation where the single digit required them to demonstrate their fighting abilities. It is clear that single digits really think highly of themselves but it can't be helped, they have the Yoki energy and fighting skills to back them up.

Whilst it is true that male Awakened Beings are strong, it doesn't mean that they are unbeatable. Careful planning is indeed the backbone of a clear victory. Despite the seemingly harsh words and expression of distrust from Flutura, Brynhild deduced that cooperation would be a key asset when facing off against an Awakened Being. She decided to comply to her "requirements" without any objections.

It was Seleena who went first. She utterly destroyed two trees with sheer speed and strength without releasing any of her Yoki. A remarkable feat indeed. Number 19 stated that she was demoted to a lower ranking of 19. Brynhild could only wonder what would be the reason why the Organization gave her such a punishment. To a Claymore, their number is their achievement, nothing could hurt more than being shown that you have achieved nothing.

Seleena The Berserker... Her speed and strength may rival that of a single digit if she were to release her Yoki... the problem is, she reaches her limit quickly. The time she could keep her Yoki under control when in combat will surely play a crucial part in the battle to come...

When Seleena had settled down after demonstrating her skill, it was already time for Brynhild to show them her fighting strategy. Though still exhausted, the single digit leaves her no choice.

"Well then, as for my fighting style and combat strategy, I am most effective against a single opponent but I can handle multiple targets up to four, any more than that and I will have difficulty tracking down their Yoki."

Brynhild took hold of the hilt of her claymore and slowly drew her blade. She looked at Flutura and Seleena.

"My offensive skills are nowhere near impressive I admit, but I more than make up for it with my Yoki sensing ability, speed and defensive capabilities. I never strike an opponent without gaining speed first for if I were to rely on my strength alone, I would most likely land a shallow wound. I always move around when fighting."

Brynhild then released ten percent of her Yoki again and began to move in a triangular motion around Flutura. The speed at which she circles around is enough to generate strong winds blowing outward. For the eyes of those who see normally, it would appear that Brynhild had split into three. After a brief moment of displaying her skill, Brynhild stopped back on where she previously stood.

"That's what I can do with my offense when ten percent of my Yoki is released. I can increase the area and points of attack if I were to release more of my Yoki but sadly, I am a little exhausted."

Brynhild then thrust her sword down on the hard ground and showed the other Claymores her symbol.

"I am also known as The Aegis. The reason for that is because my defense is flawless. When I am at my best possible fighting condition, any attack directed to me regardless of the angle has a ninety nine percent chance to be defended. Sensing the enemy's Yoki combined with my speed is of course the reason for this. I hope I have cleared your mind of any doubt Flutura." Brynhild said and sheathed back her claymore.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:12 am

Flutura was pleased with the two who followed her outside without any argument. She stood in the small clearing of sorts. It wouldn't hold more than five people but it was still a clearing she supposed. In close proximity there were a few trees, the small hut they had come out of and a few others around them. The ground was dirt and rock, easily picked up and spread around at the lightest wind and could even hurt someone in stronger.

The first to demonstrate her fighting ability was Seleena. She quickly began to tell about her technique and her limitations. Flutura determined that it would be best if they had no combat training wity the girl but worked solely on her Yoki control. From what she had told them this would be her only limitation. After her quick assessment in her head was through she noticed that Seleena had cut two trees in half, probably with one strike. This was impressive she would admit but surely not spectacular by any means.

Flutura gave a nod at Seleena confirming that her demonstration had been well received. As soon as the nod had been given Brynhild started in on her explanation.

Brynhild explained that she was a defensive type and could block any attack almost perfectly. This would be good for battle and Flutura was already planning strategies in her mind. Her demonstration involved running in a triangle around Flutura, it stirred up so much dust she couldn't see anything. The speed was a valuable asset but they would have to work on Brynhild's offense and the pairing of her speed with it.

Flutura looked at the two Claymore in front of her, both not standing still, and wondered if she should show them her ability as well. She figured it best to do so, if she expected them to do something and not so it herself then she would be being quite rude. It was likely that she had already appeared rude to these two and it was something she was going to address.

"You two have quite special abilities indeed, the pairing of your powers and mine could easily spell death for those who oppose us. I'm sorry if I seemed rude before but this is the best way to understand the other member's abilities when fighting such a strong opponent. I will now demonstrate my combat abilities, though I need not explain my style. If you have been paying attention to what I have been having you do then you should understand it well enough." And with this Flutura stuck her claymore i the ground and stepped away.

Air began to gust around her as dirt and rocks flew upwards. Out of Flutura's back began to sprout two wings. The wings looked like bare flesh but like a butterflies' wings still. The slowly emerged from her back, parting her hair out of their way and then became fully grown. The two wings were a sight to behold and with one large flap she pushed dirt at the two Claymores on the ground in front of her and rose into the air.

The wings on Flutura's back continued to flap, she didn't even need to think about it, it was a natural thing just like breathing. Though she only stayed in the air for a few seconds she felt that the two had grasped her power and she drifted back to earth.

As Flutura landed and her wings drew back into her body she began to speak to the Claymore, "My speed and strength also rise with the wings growth. I can stay like that for quite some time but if I use too much power I can fall right out of the sky and risk death. I use it as a last resort and often times will not need to use it for a very long time."

"If you have any questions about me or my fighting style please feel free to ask, we will start you two on your training as soon as possible. We might not have much time to do any training but we need to do as much as we can with the time given. I do not know when we will be sent out but just be prepared for anything. Meet me inside the hut when you're ready." Flutura moved to her sword and lifted it up out of the ground as she said this. She proceeded to head into the small shack made of rock where they had all first met and waited patiently inside.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:27 pm

Seleena looked a bit stunned, "Impressive. While most of us are known for a special fighting technique we have developed... You have managed to 'awaken' wings on your body, much like the winged Yoma. I have never seen something like that in action."

"Your technique is equally impressive Brynhild." Seleena nodded towards her, "I've never seen anyone move that fast."

Without further delay, Seleena followed Flutura into the small hut. She sunk her claymore into the hard ground and sat against it. She twirled a strand of her hair idly. Seleena opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it again, instead she decided to wait for Brynhild to join them. Perhaps the commander had more to say to them.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:10 pm

BRYNHILD

Now I see why she is called The Butterfly... Impressive wings.

"And yours as well Seleena. Moving that fast uses up a lot of Yoki though, so it is nearly not as impressive as moving fast without consuming Yoki."

Training? As if both of us haven't trained enough but whatever, so long as it will help in defeating the awakened beings, then it is all good. Brynhild will subject herself to any kind of training method if it will help boost her fighting capabilities within a short span of time. She followed the two back inside the hut where they first came from.

"We might as well learn of the mission details before we start our training. I want to know what kind of awakened being we'll be dealing with so I would also know how far I would need to push myself in training."

Resting her back against the hut's walls, Brynhild waited for Flutura to speak of the details regarding the hunt.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Flutura looked at the two as they entered the room and state their replies to training. Seleena had nothing to say other than an opening of her mouth followed by the swift closing of it and Brynhild was only concerned about what they would be fighting. It seemed that neither really wanted to have anything to do with training but she knew that if they didn't they would stand less of a chance against the awakened beings that awaited them.

"We don't know of the details at all Brynhild sorry to say but we do know that male Awakened Beings are twice as strong, on average, as female ones. If you've never fought one before you'll be in for quite the surprise. We just need to work together and utilize each others strengths and compensate for each others weaknesses." Flutura moved up out of her seat and stood in front of the two Claymores then continued.

"Brynhild you need to work on offensive abilities, you'll fight me without releasing any Yoki and as your skills improve you will start releasing small amounts of Yoki until you can counter me flawlessly while still managing to do damage then your training will be complete for now. as for you Seleena I will work with you on Yoki release. I know a Claymore that can help you stop before your limit and then set you back to not having any Yoki released. You'll work with her on stopping before your limit. These won't help you two to further yourself as much as I would like them to, mostly because of the amount of time we have. Koe said we would be leaving in four hours."

With that Flutura walked out the door and stood in the small clearing outside and awaited the two inside to follow her. She readied her claymore and awaited Brynhild, as soon as she Flutura would see how great her defense really was.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 am

Seleena waited outside the hut, and observed her two partners as they prepared to begin their training. It was not long before she was approached by another warrior. She nodded and introduced herself.

"Number 12, Alicia reporting as requested." She announced. Alicia looked at Seleena, and then paused for a moment, "Oh my. Seleena is that you? I was asked to train briefly with another warrior, but I had no idea it was you. It's been some time."

Seleena nodded and smiled, "As long as our last hunt for that awakened being. Congratulations on your increase in rank, though I'm not surprised. You are a strong fighter. I assume you know the particulars."

"Training you on Yoki control." Alicia explained, "I understand my assignment now. The Berserker always pushed her limit, though as I recall, it was your strong Yoki aura which easily earned you your high rank."

Seleena winced at the mention of her rank, "It has actually fallen, due to the same problems of control." She didn't explain how far she had fallen, and was relieved when Alicia didn't press the issue.

"Well then, I suppose we should get started then." Alicia offered.

---

Both women decided it was best if they moved away from Flutura and Bryhild, both to reduce distractions, but also for everyone's safety. Within several minutes they traveled a fair distance away from the hut. They stood in a lightly treed area, about 10 feet from one another. Together they drew their weapons.

Alicia began her instruction. "I want you to release your Yoki. Despite your fears, this is necessary for learning control. One thing you must keep in your mind, is an anchor. Choose one belief, memory, or person; By focusing on that thing, it is a tangible anchor to pull you back from your limit."

Seleena nodded once, "If the worst should happen, you know what to do."

Slowly, Seleena released her Yoki aura. It was a small amount at first. She could feel the extra strength running through her veins. Alicia frowned.

"More. I want to see your yellow eyes." She demanded.

Grudgingly, Seleena released more of her Yoki. Her hands gripped her sword lightly. She tried to keep focus on a single memory. However her focus kept shifting from one thing to another. After several minutes of the pathetic display, Alicia had finally enough.

"Release, damn it." She shouted, and stabbed her sword into Seleena's shoulder. It was a shallow cut, but deep enough to draw blood. The red liquid flowed freely down her arm, and onto the ground. Quite suddenly Seleena's eyes turned yellow. Involuntarily, she swung her sword at Alicia. The movement was aggressive, but sloppy, and Alicia was able to jump several paces back to avoid the strike.

"That's enough." Alicia choked out, "Control you aura."

Seleena could not speak. She kept her jaws clamped tight, fighting to keep her Yoki from running wild. She drove her sword into the ground, burying it almost to the hilt. Damn it. I haven't even released 50% of my Yoki! Why is it so hard to control... I don't understand!

"Help... me..." Seleena sputtered through he clenched teeth.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 am

BRYNHILD

"Fighting her? Is she damn serious? Not only is she a single digit and possesses greater fighting abilities than mine but I am exhausted and her fighting conditions are all in her favor! What's more, we are to leave within four hours! How am I supposed to benefit from this kind of training?"

Nonetheless, Brynhild followed Flutura out of the hut and drew her blade. Even without taking her eyes off from Flutura, she sensed the presence of another warrior coming in to the scene. Number 12 seemed to become Seleena's partner. Brynhild felt their presences move to a different area which was good. At least she can keep her focus more on sensing one Yoki, Flutura's.

"Before we start Flutura, know that I do not think strength can be easily acquired within four hours and I personally think that this training would never benefit me. At least, not in the slightest but En guarde! Strike if you must."

Brynhild drew her blade and poised herself to defend from any incoming attacks. Her eyes are fierce, much like the ones she usually has when fighting the Yoma. However, this scenario brought back a lot of memories of that day. The day she had acquired the scar on her face. Though she was a defensive type and regeneration is no doubt one of their pluses, Brynhild refused to heal the scar she got from fighting the former Organization's Number 15.

"Seriously... fighting without releasing my Yoki... this condition has greatly affected my speed but still... if it's one on one, I doubt I need to release any of my Yoki to defend from any attacks. Countering Flutura would definitely be easy. After all, I am most effective against one opponent."

If an attacker possesses Yoki, any attack from him or her has a trail of Yoki whether the attacker just swings or attacks normally. If up against a Yoki sensing type of warrior such as Brynhild, the chances of the attack being parried or evaded is definitely very high. The real problem is if Brynhild has the strength to defend from the attack should the time come that she could neither evade nor parry. If the attack has enough strength to overpower Brynhild, then a clash is definitely not in her favor.

"Tch! I see what you are up to Flutura... you're gonna force me to clash and I assume you will be attacking mercilessly... interesting."

Brynhild steeled herself and changed her fighting stance. Defense is out of the question. In her mind, as soon as Flutura makes a move, she will meet her head on.
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down