FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally!

+3
Knifey Keith
Lord Revan
Whisper of the Heart
7 posters

Go down

Finally! Empty Finally!

Post by Whisper of the Heart Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Greetings!

I am glad I (somehow,) made it here! I have not been successful in finding an RP board such as this one since I quit RPing in 2008. I've been anxious to write lately, but my muse has declined since then and I find it harder and harder to express myself. Here's to hoping that I can improve my writing skills. Dance

I look forward to meeting you in the Casual RP section!
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Finally! Empty Re: Finally!

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Welcome to FOG, Whisper of the Heart! I am very glad you were able to find us here. We hope we can help you find ways to express yourself. FOG has many members all with different interests. I hope you are able to find someone, or something that matches your interests.

My name is Marc and I am one of the Admins here at FOG, so if you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper of the Heart Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank you!
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Do yoos gots man parts or lady parts?

Regardless… Enjoy yourself, we is are good people. Most RP's here do not right now have the quality or longevity as this site used to have. However we gladly embrace people who change that, this could very much be you. We are open to hearing your ideas and much appreciate your enthusiasm!

You have the potential to be the right kind of person we need to rejuvenate this site into it's former glory.

Also… Can I borrow $50 AUS?
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper of the Heart Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm a lady! Or at least, I like to think that I am.

Thank you for your welcome! I believe I'm far from being the person you were waiting for, but I do sincerely wish to expand my writing skills.

And I've got about $50 DOP at hand, and according to the rates I googled it's nowhere near the amount you've asked for...sorry!
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 pm

This is a place about choice and learning, I feel that if you properly practice both of those… You'll be a godsend.

In the mean time, show us what you got.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper of the Heart Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:01 pm

I shall to the best of my abilities. Smile
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Welcome to FoG, Whisper!

I'm another one of the admins. My name is Kathryn (seriously... not just my screen name), and if you have absolutely any questions or concerns or ideas or whatever, you can contact me (or any of the other staff members because there's always at least one of us floating around the boards).

I'm glad you found your way into the mists, and I hope we're able to provide you with the necessary ambition, musings, and quality to help you make the improvements you desire.

While Keith is right that we haven't been as active as in the past, we're working on ways to increase activity on the site. Every new member who actively participates, whether the beacon of rejuvenation or just a regular member trying to entertain herself/himself, helps the site, so there's no pressure. I hope you just enjoy yourself while you're here.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Yay! It's nice to see another new face around here. I hope you plan on sticking around, Whisper!

I stumbled across FoG a couple months ago on accident. I used to role play a long time ago, (at least it feels like a long time ago), and my muse was dying a slow, painful death. Thankfully, the community here is very welcoming and friendly. I found a couple of role plays to join and my poor muse is piecing herself together. Hopefully the quality of my writing is coming along too. lol

Anyway, enjoy your stay. Smile
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper of the Heart Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Thank you, Kathryn, Syrena!

It was kind of lucky that I found FoG, in a last attempt to find a forum that focused on all aspects of RPing that didn't feel intimidating or restricting. I was always unconvinced that I'd be able to find a forum like the ones I was once part of some time ago.

I look forward to actively participating in the forum once I'm familiarized with it. rabbit
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Allow me also to welcome you to the FOG! cheers

If you have any questions during your search, please don't hesitate to ask! Smile

Oh hey, while we're getting to know you, do you have any hobbies? Favorite books, authors, role-play experiences? Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper of the Heart Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am

Thank you! I'll be sure to not shy away if I encounter any difficulties on my stay.

To answer your questions, my hobbies are reading and drawing, and I will mention that I am studying culinary arts and hope to work in the field some time in the future. My favorite author is Tolkien (if I had to choose,) and I don't have a favorite book.

As for role-play experience, I started with a Harry Potter forum back in 2005 and kept joining new sites that never progressed beyond 3-5 months until 2008. After that I got a job and my time on the internet was cut shorter and shorter. I later on discovered Dungeons and Dragons and have been playing actively for nearly 3 years. Smile
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Ahhhh, neat. I've been getting into Pathfinder recently. ^^

Can't go wrong with reading and drawing! Thumbs Up=Coolio You should share some of your work! I'm sure we'd love to see it, and we do have an art section. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Welcome to FOG, Whisper! I do hope you enjoy your time here, and I hope that we can continue to meet your expectations... we can get slow sometimes. But I see you've already found some activity, and hopefully that can continue Smile

I tried Dungeons and Dragons, but the numerous rules threw me off. I know thats kind of the point of it, and perhaps if I had far more time to invest in it I would not be bothered so much by it...

And, as Kalon said, you should certainly put up some of your art here, if you don't mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper of the Heart Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 am

I remember trying Pathfinder once, but I don't recall if the experience was good or not. I'm not adverse to trying it out again, though Razz

Thanks, Ysopet! I hope to remain as active as I can Smile

I completely understand you on D&D rules; as a matter of fact, I was just thrown into my first game without even getting to read any of the player's handbooks. I think it was easier for me to learn the rules through trial and error rather than reading about them.

I shall be sure to post some of my doodles!
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 am

Pathfinder is fondly known as D&D 3.75, and the rules are much more streamlined. Or rather, not so much streamlined as standardized or realigned. D&D is much more about wide-open possibilities. Pathfinder has more controls on the chaos. There are still plenty of possibilities, but it's less make-whatever-the-rainbow-you-want. Razz Much less daunting for people just getting started, but not nearly to the level of absurdly streamlined D&D 4.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper of the Heart Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:32 am

I actually play 4e Razz

I guess it's down to personal preference, but I since my first campaign (and most subsequent ones,) was run with 4e, I am attached to it. I want to play 3.5 to see how different it is in comparison to 4, but that'll be sometime in the future considering our DM is now planning to run a D&D Next playtest.
Whisper of the Heart
Whisper of the Heart
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 am

Hi there, Whisper! I hope you've enjoyed your stay here so far and that you're getting your muse back up and running! Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down