FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello...

+3
Silvan Arrow
Kalon Ordona II
SpaceWheeler2.0
7 posters

Go down

Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello... Empty Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello...

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sun May 09, 2010 12:34 am

Well, some of you know who I am if you're in the Chat Room on a regular basis. I've been around since the beginning of March now, though I have hardly made my RP debut here on FOG. Now, what to say about myself...? Blah Blah Blah

I'm 21, I'm a full-time college student, and I am a geek. Education is both important and fun to me. If I could get paid to be in school for the rest of my life, I would do it. I can't even list my favorite subjects, it's easier to say that the only real subject that I do not enjoy is English. That's not because I don't like to write, but rather because I feel like those classes are a waste of my time. My major is Psychology, although I specifically want to pursue a graduate degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (or Organizational Behavior). I enjoy mathematics, any science except Biology/Anatomy, and I love History as much as I do Psychology. Enough of expressing my thirst for knowledge and understanding, though...

I have only been participating in any form of Roleplay for maybe three and a half years now. I started on a Star Wars themed Facebook-app-turned-forum, which sounds like a joke, right? Honestly, my roleplay abilities have evolved as I have learned, and now I take my writing very seriously. It is as much an expression as it is a "game" anymore, and I much prefer this to any kind of MMO on the computer. Only recently have I expanded into the kind of Forum-based communities like FOG. I was looking for something that could give me a change from just Star Wars, and I've found it here.

So that is enough of my blabbering... I look forward to RPing with all of you at some point, though I don't join many storylines at once, since I do spend quite a bit of my time offline or video-gaming.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello... Empty Re: Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello...

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun May 09, 2010 3:43 am

And yet STAR WARS is to be found even here. In all its marvelocity. (I just made that up on the spot, without thinking... weird... Shocked ...cool! xD)

Education FTW!
Geek FTW!!
I like you already, even though I LOVED English in school. ^^
Welcome to the FOG, SpaceWheeler2.0! cheers

This is definitely the place to be if you enjoy writing. I'm sure the rest of the crowd will be along at any moment full of handy advice and welcomes galore. So much so that I normally run out of things to say for their being said already -- and now I'm used to not having anything technical or official to say. Laughing

Regardless, I hope you enjoy your time here. Have a look around and feel free to ask questions about anything. You'll typically get three to five people racing to see who delivers the page of answers first. ^^

Welcome again, and have fun! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello... Empty Re: Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello...

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 4:10 am

Hey-ho SpaceWheeler!

I've seen you in the chat sometimes, I tend to hang around there a lot.

So what kind of RP genres do you want to try? Continue on with RPs based on books, movies and/or games? Or go into the completely original?

If you have any question don't be afraid to say them, and if the staff feels intimidating for "stupid" questions (there are no stupid questions - only stupid mistakes from not asking) you can always ask me. Although the staff is great, so don't be afraid of them. Yes, yes.

Anyway! Hope to see you around!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun May 09, 2010 9:52 am

Hmmm...seeing as I'm a biology major and you hate biology, I don't think we can be friends...

Just kidding! Razz Welcome to FOG, Spacewheeler! You're definitely in the right place for high-quality role-playing with some pretty amazing people. We tend to have one or two Stars Wars RPs going at any given time, but there are plenty of other genres for you to explore as well. I think it's great that you love education so much. Psychology, you say? That's actually one of my minors, and it's been a fascinating subject.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sun May 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Kalon: Thanks for the welcome! Star Wars is awesome. I love it, and I have spent many many hours of my life reading endlessly on Wookieepedia just to satisfy my curiosity of the SW Universe.

Miss Dagger: Hello again! Yes, we see each other in chat often. Chat rooms are where I like to be, although they don't do any good for my Roleplaying, as I am a terrible multi-tasker, so I write slowly when I'm watching a chat at the same time.

As for genres, I really don't have a preference so far, although I do prefer a wide range of science fiction and fantasy, and also any military-based RP. I admit that my own creativity sucks, so I also tend to stick to something more defined that I can work with. Right now I've joined the Mythology RP as the god Ares, which I think will be fun because it will be my first run ever as a genuinely evil character. Also, I was invited to the site to join a Nations RP, although that has gone quiet so far without even starting an IC. I don't want to get into more than two at a time right now, so if the Nations RP doesn't resurrect itself soon, I'll be looking for another to fill a slot.

And thank you for the welcome and offer for help! Being as dedicated of a student as I am, I definitely know that there is no such thing as a "stupid question," so I ask questions without hesitation when needed. Wink

SilvanArrow: Yep, psychology is so fascinating to me, as it gives reason to how and why people function (or dysfunction) like they do. And biology is all right to me, I just can't stand the anatomy parts of it and the dissections that go along with all the classes. Genetics and such are interesting to me, though. Finally, yes, I will be exploring everything except Star Wars over time. I have enough of that all ready, ha-ha. Yoda
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu May 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Welcome to FoG! If you are looking to get back into RPing and sharpen your writing skills you have come to the right place. We happen to specialize in that here. If you got any questions don't be afraid to ask as the people around here are awesome as well as nice. I am sure Bird of Hermes will drop by soon with a post involving all the cool and important links for the site. I just lurked around a lot but that's just me. Anyway welcome and I hope to see you around!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu May 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Greetings, SpaceWheeler! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in there.

(I highly doubt you need any of this, but so that you feel the linky love...)

Maybe I should finally get around to saying hello... 13fe758e06

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

Take a moment to browse our fourms and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Welcome to FoG, Wheeler.

I see you've already immersed yourself in this forum quite adequately, so I won't say much about that.

However, I would like to say something. You say that your levels of creativity are lacking? Well, those English classes you think are a waste of time are actually good ways to not only improve your writing but to also expand the boundaries of your creativity, or those classes can help to annihilate any boundaries on creativity altogether.

Just some food for thought.

I do think psychology is an interesting subject though my brain isn't very science oriented. It's more oriented toward organization, languages, and sociological things ((excluding the accompanying science of those things)).

Enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri May 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Heya Wheeler. Wanted to say an official welcome. I've enjoyed chatting with you and look forward to RPing with you shortly. ~highfives~ It's gonna be awesome!

R2D2 < Just a little Star Wars love there in case you were missing it. Xþ
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sun May 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Sunwolf: Thank you very much for your welcome!

Hermes: Wave I very much appreciate the links, although you are right in my having found them already. Razz I do try to read through forums quite a bit when I first join a site, just to be sure I don't break some kind of expectation or whatnot.

Kathryn: I love food for thought! And you are correct; perhaps I need to consider taking a higher-level writing course, such as creative writing. The few courses I've taken in college so far have not done much to encourage creativity for me, though. More or less, my experience in English classes, both high school and college level, really only helped me in a regard for more structured essays and the like. From another perspective, I am highly scientifically minded, and prefer the rigid structures of mathematics and the sciences. My education is training me to be rigid, so maybe I just need to work on breaking out of that in my writing. Razz I really do hope that my time at the FOG will give me a means to stretch my abilities.

wakeangel: Thank you! There can never be too much love of Star Wars for me. Smile And, indeed, I am looking forward to RPing with you as well! *return of the high five*
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun May 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Wheeler, a creative writing course could be beneficial for sure. I hope that FoG helps to serve as a creative writing lesson in action until you decide to take a class like that, assuming you ever do. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down