FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless Ocean: Quest of the Elements [OoC]

2 posters

Go down

Endless Ocean: Quest of the Elements [OoC] Empty Endless Ocean: Quest of the Elements [OoC]

Post by Ruu Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 am

Hey Anubis, here is where we can discuss our roleplay. The basic premise for this RP was that it would begin with the attack on the ship transporting the Light Mage. The Light mage gets captured, but Aesir's Pearl shows a vision or something like that which convinces the Pirates to help him get to the Emperor Faust. The Emperor tells them they must find the eight key pieces in order to either reseal the Power or to perhaps destroy it forever. I thought maybe it'd be a cool plot twist if the Emperor was using them to get the Key himself, or perhaps one of his advisers, whom he doesn't know is evil. This is just a bare bones plot and it'll be cool to develop it as we roleplay. If you have questions or any suggestions or changes at all I'd be more than happy to hear them! I'll have my character up, probably sometime tonight.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Endless Ocean: Quest of the Elements [OoC] Empty Re: Endless Ocean: Quest of the Elements [OoC]

Post by Ruu Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Here's my character.

Username: Ruu
Name: Avery Jomei
Race: Human
Appearance: Avery is slight of frame yet limber, and of average height, around 5' 11". His eyes are a deep blue, the color of sapphires. His hair is a pale blonde and somewhat long, in the style of the great houses of Grenada. He is usually clothed in the traditional white robes of the Jomei Light Mages. The Crest of Jomei hangs around his neck at all times.
Magic Type: Light
Weapons: A short staff entwined with sprigs of mint, indicating his status as a healer.
Short bio: Avery was born to Abner and Calliope Jomei, a family dedicated to the service of Myisha, goddess of Life. As a Grenadan, he was raised to respect the Druid's way of life, and learned to give thanks for the bounties of nature. As a young child it was feared he had not inherited the powers of his parents, but at the age of twelve they suddenly became apparent. He was out with a friend searching for some medicinal herbs when a bear attacked them. His friend, an Air mage, was able to drive off the bear but not before sustaining a significant injury to his left arm. Alarmed at the condition of his friend, Avery tried his best to heal him with the medicinal herbs they collected, but it was no use. He prayed to the goddess to grant him the strength to heal, and light flowed from his fingertips to close the wound and restore his friend to health. Shortly after his eighteenth birthday, his parents were warned by the local soothsayer that a Necromancer had invaded Grenada and was beginning to slowly corrupt the land as he searched for Aesir's Pearl, an artifact that had been passed through the Jomei family for generations. Abner and Calliope sent their son on a merchant vessel with the Pearl, intending for him to ask for help from the Emperor Faust. Little did they know their son's journey was not to be smooth...
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Endless Ocean: Quest of the Elements [OoC] Empty Re: Endless Ocean: Quest of the Elements [OoC]

Post by Anubis Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 am

I like what you've got so far. One idea I had was a recurring super baddie to fight. Like he thrashes everyone their first encounter and just keeps popping up to do the same. Part of their struggle is to finally beat him.

Oh, and should I re-post my character here, for posterity?
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Oooh, I like the idea of the baddie! Maybe it could either be the Necromancer chasing the light mage, or perhaps a rival set of pirates bent on thwarting them at every turn. Or even an agent of the Emperor's or the Emperor's adviser bent on stopping them.

And sure, that'd be great if you posted him!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of something the necromancer has empowered. That's why he's such a pain to kill, he can't die. Something along those lines, as any rate.

Here's the character:

Username: Anubis
Name: Jackson Reilley
Race: Human
Appearance: 6'2'' and muscular. Has short black hair usually hidden under a bandanna. His eyes are brown with a reddish tint. Constantly looks like he needs to shave. Wears a pair of blue shorts, a white tank top and a black and white striped bandanna. Has many scars across his torso and back.
Magic Type: Fire
Weapons: Pair of scimitar-like blades, fists, feet, head
Short bio: Jackson was born on Tamar to one of the many nomadic tribes. He hated his life of wandering in the deserts and longed for the Ocean he had heard so much about. When he became of age, he left his people, seeking to be a pirate. He discovered he had the ability to control fire shortly after joining up with his first crew. After a few...accidents, he seems to be able to serve on a ship without burning it down in his sleep. He is a competent swordsman, and a fierce drinker, but is extremely loyal to his crew. He is very well known to have a short and, uh, explosive temper.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:03 pm

~That sounds good to me! I like the idea of someone/something the Necromancer animated. Was there anything else we needed to discuss or do you want me to write the opening post.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down