FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{Update: 09.27.09} Opinions on a Quest

2 posters

Go down

{Update: 09.27.09} Opinions on a Quest Empty {Update: 09.27.09} Opinions on a Quest

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:25 am

Hey, everyone! I’m doing another quest thread! This time, it doesn’t belong in the Arts and Design because people aren’t going to be making this for me. Basically, I’m going to be a Tolkien elf for Halloween. I’m thinking that I would rather be an elf from Lothlórien, but a Rivendell elf would be just as suitable, methinks.

Anyway, I’ve been questing for the proper items as of late, and I’ve found some while others remain elusive.

What I have/need:

Boots: Owned
A Circlet: Owned
Elfin Ear Tips: Owned
A Cloak: Bought
Contact Lenses: Essentially Found ((I’ll see my eye-doctor about these when it gets closer to Halloween.))
A Dress: Owned

((All I have left to buy is the paste for my ear tips, the make-up, and the contacts. I'm so close!))

I can find most of those items myself, but the dress is becoming the most difficult thing, and it’s one of the most important. I found a dress in a picture that would be the perfect design, but I have only seen it in pictures from the Casa Loma Exhibit.

The dress is seen here, here, and here. One of the Lothlórien elves wore this dress in the scene where they’re standing on the Lothlórien bridge, watching the Company of the Ring depart. She was on the far right. I only saw it in a picture, but I don’t know where that picture is anymore.

My question is, do any of you know where I could either find this dress in blue and silver ((rather than yellow and gold)), or do any of you know where I can find someone who would make this dress for me for a decent price?

If I can't get this dress, I'm just going to wear the blue and silver dress that Arwen wore when she confronted Elrond about there being a child in her future and not just sorrow. I know where I can find one that someone will make for me.

~*~*~*~*~*

Opinions Needed Here!

1. What sort of make-up should I wear to capture the soft, fair, glowy feel of female elves?

2. What simple-ish hairstyles would be suitable for an elf costume?

~*~*~*~*~*

I’ll edit this post every time I find what I want for each item. I’ll always put the link inside the word the way I did for the ears, and I’ll change the status to Found.

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:52 am; edited 8 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

{Update: 09.27.09} Opinions on a Quest Empty Re: {Update: 09.27.09} Opinions on a Quest

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:07 am

I wish I could be more of a help with this, but I'm not at all experienced in this field. I can, however, definitely provide feedback! Smile

I love the circlet! That is absolutely beautiful and will be perfect. And the elfin ears look fantastic as well. I know that you can buy a lot of Lord of the Ring-type things here. They have brooches too, but a lot of it is expensive. I'm not sure how much you're really looking to spend.

For some reason, the second link for the boots isn't working. The site says it's currently down. So, I can't give you any opinions there yet.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

{Update: 09.27.09} Opinions on a Quest Empty Re: {Update: 09.27.09} Opinions on a Quest

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:10 am

I'd consult www.craftycelts.com for jewelry. I have two of their torcs and will eventually own a third.

They do brooches, for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:43 am

Neither of those links are working. They're probably doing site maintenance. I'll keep checking it to see when it starts working. Hopefully by tomorrow. I checked out tLotR site you mentioned, Fate, and I think I may end up getting the brooch from there. Thanks.

Heyseuss, thank you for the site, but I didn't find anything there that would fit what my idea of the costume is going to be. Thank you for sharing it, though. I think I'll keep it for future reference if anyone else may need it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:16 pm

All right. I received the ear tips in mail. I also received the boots, and they're amazing, but they were one size too big, so I sent them back for a half-size smaller.

With my next paycheck, I'll buy the circlet. I'm still looking for a dress, but if I can't find the one I want, I know where to find the back-up.

Also, if any of you have any ideas for hair styles and/or make-up to make me look more elfin, let me know.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:43 am

I love everything you have found so far! The cloak and circlet are absolutely beautiful! The circlet is pretty expensive!

That's too bad that the boots were too big, but I'm sure they'll be perfect once you get the right size returned to you.

Here's something that may help you out on elven hair:
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/makingem/Makeup/ElvenHair.htm

And here's something on elven makeup:
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/makingem/Makeup/ArwenMakeup.htm
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Yeah. I know it is, but if I ever get married, I can wear it to my wedding, so it's not like I'll never wear it again. Plus, I'm sure it would be a great addition to photoshoots.

Thanks, Fate. Those are really helpful links.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Oh, there's an idea. That's great that you could reuse it at least. I'm sure it'll be stunning.

Sure thing.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:57 am

All right! I have the dress in my house now. I'm waiting for the cloak to arrive. I need to buy make-up and start experimenting with it, not to mention I need to start practicing applying my ear tips. Ugh... then there's hair. I'm terrible at doing my own hair, but I need to figure out how I'm going to do it, and I need to find a way to hide the chain that fits the circlet to my head under my hair. That shouldn't be difficult because it's dainty, but I have a lot of hair with which to work, and I have no real hair styling skills. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 pm

That's so exciting, Kathryn!! ^^ Congrats on getting the dress. I really cannot wait to see it all together, ears especially! I think having the ears on would be really neat, since it'd be cool to see what you'd look like as an elf. I have a feeling you'll make a really good elf. :]

I wish I could help you out with your hair, but I don't know how to do any hair styles, unfortunately, since my mom never knew and thus never taught me. I can do a ponytail, lol, but that's it. :< I'm sure there are some really helpful video tutorials on Youtube or something that may solve your issue with the circlet.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down