FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On a quest for a partner!

2 posters

Go down

On a quest for a partner! Empty On a quest for a partner!

Post by DracoMalfoy Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:59 pm

School ends for me this coming Thursday meaning that I'll finally have some time on my hands to involve myself in more than one roleplay. So I thought I'd post this interest check up now to see if I can find a partner interested in setting something up. My post length tends to match whoever I'm roleplaying with, so you don't have to worry about writing me a novel and getting a paragraph or two in response. I like to put as much effort as I can in my posts. Though I'm not as advanced of a writer as most of everyone here is. I try my best though. I'd also prefer a partner that can be patient with me. When my schedule gives me the time, it normally will take me a day or two to respond. Especially when school will be out of my hair. But, unless I have oodles of free time at my disposal and an overflowing amount of muse, I won't be someone who replies an hour after you do. My apologies in advance.

Now that all that technical stuff is out of the way, I'll talk a bit about what I'm interested in so hopefully we can find something in common. I really like adventure. A captivating, flowing plot that deals heavily with our characters. I tend to fall in love with my characters and enjoy developing them. Character development is an absolute must. I like watching them grow as people and seeing the reasons and motives behind their decisions and traits. I'm not a huge fan of the typical Hero vs. Villain type of plot. Even villains I feel should be 3D and somewhat sympathetic characters. I will admit to loving the superhero genre. I'm a huge comic book geek and I adore the Young Justice show currently airing on CN. I may be talking to myself there, but if you know of the show, you're my new best friend. I love mystery and suspense. And I will admit to enjoying a dash of romance in plots. Nothing that dominates the plot or who the characters are. If you dislike romance, I'm just fine doing without it. I love developing friendships and rivalries much more than romance.

When it comes to characters I'll play, I usually play boys. As a boy myself, I identify more with them and feel like it's easier to tap into a boy's mind than a girls. But I'm fine with experimenting as a girl character, if you want. I enjoy playing teenagers and young adults as well. Once again, I identify and understand that age group the best. But I'm more than willing to compromise. So don't let my preferences trap you. We can talk something out to where we're both happy. When it comes working in a fandom or creating an original concept, I'm fine with whatever. Like I mentioned above, I'm addicted to the Young Justice television show and I do know a bit about the comic. So as far as fandoms are concerned, that's the fandom I'd love to play in most. I'd also be interested in fandoms like Kingdom Hearts and The Hunger Games though.

If you're interested in a Young Justice roleplay (and if not, just skip over this), I'd really love to portray an alternate, more dystopic look of the second season, with the Light's plans succeeding and the The Team having to work very undercover against The Light. A darker interpretation of the season, if you will.
    Characters I'd be willing to play include: Kid Flash (Wally West), Beast Boy (Garfield Logan), Nightwing (Dick Grayson) and Robin (Tim Drake). But I'd be willing to experiment with other characters, if you want. The whole compromise principle applies for all of this.

I'd be just as interested in setting up an original world with an original plot and characters too. I don't really play OC's in fandoms, just because that's been a mess for me in the past. As far as original stuff goes, I don't have any plots in mind at all. I'd like to work with my partner to set something up that interests us both and makes us both happy. Once again, adventure, suspense, mystery and superhero are my favorite genres, but I'm willing to compromise if you have a good idea. So yeah, this post has been long and drawn out, my apologies for that. But I hope you'll be interested in roleplaying with me so we can work something out.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

On a quest for a partner! Empty Re: On a quest for a partner!

Post by Gadreille Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:00 pm

I don't know anything about the Young Justice show, but everything else you said is right up my alley. I've been looking for a 1x1 where someone else would take the reins, so to speak. I don't mind helping out with a plot idea, but I'd like to follow along with someone else's ideas for a change. If you are fine with that, I'd love to start something up with you! If not, or if you'd like to hold out for someone who may be a fan of the show you mentioned, just let me know Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Oh that's more than alright, it was just a suggestion to throw out there. I assumed not many people here would know, especially because I'm significantly younger than most here. But I am glad I've found someone interested in the same genres. I'm positive we can work something out. I get what you mean. I've always worked directly with someone or followed around and contributed where I can. I don't mind sort of taking the lead at all; though I probably will ask for opinions often just to make sure I'm not going off on a tangent and displeasing you. I'm more than willing to work with anyone willing to work with me!

So, is it safe to assume that we both want an adventurous and suspenseful plot? Because, if so, I think I have one or two rough plots floating around in my head that we could use. The first one being in a dystopic society where practitioners of magic are hunted down, imprisoned, murdered etc. and would follow a few on the run looking for fellow sorcerers to train them and take them in. And my second idea is another dystopic society with very strict laws and a crackdown on crime. If the government's definition of criminals cannot stand trial for themselves, a member of their immediate family must stand trial and take the sentence in their place. And those guilty of the highest level of crimes and forced to execute one another a battle royal type of thing. I thought that plot could involve members of the rebellion infiltrating the prisoners in an effort to free the prisoners in an effort to recruit them to the rebellion.

Both are very rough ideas that have been floating in my head for some time. Obviously, we could work our specifics, if you're interested in either of those. If not, that's totally fine, I can try and brainstorm something else and see what you think of it.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Awesome! I will for sure help and answer any questions you have. I'm definitely in the mood for adventure and suspense, with a side of romance and a heaping spoonful of character development! Both of your ideas sound interesting. I'm defintely loving your first idea though!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey Draco, did you change your mind? If you want to look for another partner, just let me know. I wont be insulted Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:16 pm

No, no, I haven't! I just have my final exams this week and I've been disciplining myself. I haven't had enough creative juices to post any noteworthy ideas for you and I didn't want to give you something meaningless. I've been trying to think about what kind of setting we'd like for our plot because, like you, I lean towards the first idea I suggested.

I've been torn between the setting possibly being a futuristic United States or just asking if you wanted to develop a unique world all our own. I'm down with whatever; the unique world would be more of a collaboration between us, because I just love creating a setting with my partner instead of just telling you this is how I want it and such. I think once we have that decided we can decide on a more clear plot to flow with and then develop characters and such. Sorry for the delay, I'm a bit obsessive with acing my exams. xD
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Dude, exams come first! No worries, I'm in no hurry. I was just curious Smile

I actually like both versions equally. I'm familiar with world-building, and would be glad to help. I feel like future USA would be both really interesting and extremely difficult...at least in terms of creating the details of this future country. So...yea, that doesn't really give you an answer, but those are my thoughts so far.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Thank you for your patience, Miss Gadreille! I'm free now so there shouldn't be anymore unexpected delays!

It's given me a lot of insight, actually. Thank you. I agree with you. I'm not as familiar with world building, I've always just altered the details of the normal world; I've tried world building once before and, in an effort to be creative, I've gone off the deep end. It's not necessarily my forte. So, if you're fine with it, we can work with a future, dystopic United States. Perhaps some failed uprising from magic users has led to a harsh crackdown from the government? Just spit balling there. If you don't like that idea, that's more than okay, but, I think I could work with that a bit better than creating a world from scratch.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Lets go with it. Something like the latest underworld movie, where vampires and lycans were being exterminated, right? With less cheese, hopefully Wink

Anyway yea, I'm a bit tired of world building. Let's do this!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Okay great! Yes, less cheese! xD I was thinking, for background, that perhaps the magical world has sort of made itself known which doesn't sit well with many people. So perhaps protests led to violence and in a this happened then that happened sense, we're at this place know we're they're hunted, imprisoned or executed.

Does that sound okay so far? I'm thinking in a Fahrenheit 451 sense, technology isn't too advanced from where we're at now and the land isn't utterly destroyed and the States are still the States, just with a few differences and advances. That way we don't have to bust our brains inventing stuff.

Also, I thought it best to warn you that I won't be around until Tuesday evening after tonight. We're heading down to Cedar Point for a mini vacation now that school is done with. But after that, I'll be back and such. I thought I'd let you know so it didn't appear as if I just disappeared without warning or something.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:44 pm

I like the sound of that. I haven't seen the movie you mentioned, but the world you describe reminds me somewhat of X-men.

So what sort of magic are we talking about? Subtle stuff, all sorts of stuff, something in between? I was imagining a very specific sort of magic...a set description that doesn't vary much. I figure it should be something that could have been concealed for a long time. What do you think? Anything you had in mind?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:01 am

Yes, sort of like that. And I'd recommend reading it. It's a very interesting book, if you're interested in that sort of genre.

I agree with you. Magic is a very relative term so I thought it best that we just agreed on something specific. While my mind immediately does go to spell casting and such, I was thinking somewhat specific abilities. Like fire or ice manipulation, clairvoyance, stuff like that and each character having maybe their own ability. I was thinking that if they were specific abilities, they could be taught how to control and conceal them and how to use them only when necessary. With making any form of magic fair game, that'd be a bit more of a challenge to explain I guess. But that was just what I had in mind. If you were thinking something different, we can meet in the middle no problem.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 am

I'm all for specific Smile

I'll just follow along with whatever magic use rules you decide to implement.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm very sorry this took so long for me to respond to. I had a family emergency that required a lot of my time these past days. Everything seems under control now though. My apologies again.

Okay, that sounds good with me, on the magic system. Since we have the world sort of set up and I'm in the process of mentally fine tuning all of the magic, I think maybe it's time to start with characters? I don't know if you have yet or not. But I've come up with some ideas for my character.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Life kind of...took over. I don't have as much writing time as I used to.

I don't tend to come up with characters until I've come up with a plot and setting and such.

I'm going to have to take a mini-hiatus for the next month or so. I won't be offended at all if you'd like to look for another partner.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:39 pm

I don't know if you are still interested in this, but I'm finally ready to get back into this if you are. If you still have a magic system idea, I'd love to see it so I can think of a character.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down