FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newb Question

+2
The Ghost Writer
UnBalancedforYou22
6 posters

Go down

Newb Question Empty Newb Question

Post by UnBalancedforYou22 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Is it normal to be a little nervous in your first role-play.. because I am affraid
UnBalancedforYou22
UnBalancedforYou22
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Newb Question Empty Re: Newb Question

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:06 pm

There's actually not much to be nervous over. Razz But since you're new to it, then probably. Would you like some help? There are dozens of people on here that have plenty of experience and would love to help out newer role players.

I'm also working on recreating an old PbP RP guide I wrote up for another board a while back and bringing it over to FoG as a helpful, objectionable article.

I've moved this thread to the "Writing and Role-Playing in General" forum for better categorization.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm

It's like writing bits of a story together, each from your own character's perspective. You agree on a loose plot, introduce your characters into the setting in-character, and off you go. Very Happy

One thing you might enjoy is reading or glancing at a few role-plays other people have done. You pick it up pretty quickly. Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:09 am

If it makes you feel any better, I was nervous as *#$& when I first joined. Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:59 am

You're going to do awesome. You're an amazing writer and that's all RPing really is. The rest you can learn as you go. You're going to pick it up in no time.

But to answer your question: Yes, I was a little nervous. I think everyone is a little nervious their first time doing anything. Writing for some people is a very private thing. I know it is for you. But you need to share your gift with the world ( or for now FOG) Razz
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by UnBalancedforYou22 Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks everyone Very Happy
I'm sure I'll catch on (hopefully lol) If I role - play with anyone and do something inappropriate please feel free to message me. I am very excited though.. I am writing my first thread for Life Sucks and then you Die tonight lol!
UnBalancedforYou22
UnBalancedforYou22
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:28 pm

I have to reiterate what's already been said. Writing for others and having someone else see what you can do can be a nail-biting experience.

What's so great is that everyone here is the best! Ask random questions, if you aren't sure. Toss out suggestions we're pretty quick. lols. Most of all have a good time that's what the site is about in the end.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down