FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Might be time for a new Caligo RP...

+4
wakeangel
Bird of Hermes
Gadreille
Fate Flyer
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Might be time for a new Caligo RP... Empty Might be time for a new Caligo RP...

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 17, 2011 4:38 pm

I have about fifteen minutes before I have to leave for my night shift at work (I am on lunch break), so I don't really have time to think up a background story at the moment for a potential Caligo role play, but perhaps it doesn't have to be anything complex -- just simply playing out what there already is to go on.

I'm more curious in seeing who might be interested in doing a Caligo RP right now, and if you are, please don't hesitate to contribute and offer any ideas for maybe a vague setting. Also note though, that with my schedule (only being able to use a computer Tuesday-Friday), this role-play will have to be done at an easy, slower pace. If you get anxious easily for people to post, then perhaps this isn't for you. This would have to be more of a long-term type deal. I don't want people to feel pressured to get their posts up and be all frantic about it, thereby abandoning their writing techniques and dedication. If it takes you longer to post in order for you to be completely satisfied with what you've written, then (for this role-play at least) that is perfectly fine. Better that than the alternative, since this will also apply to me.

If there are some people interested, we can work together on coming up with something.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Might be time for a new Caligo RP... Empty Re: Might be time for a new Caligo RP...

Post by Gadreille Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm

I am definitely interested, though I can't say I have any ideas to bring forth currently. I'll think on it though.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Might be time for a new Caligo RP... Empty Re: Might be time for a new Caligo RP...

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Okay, great Smile I'm actually using my cell phone at work right now & had some down time & came up with a rough storyline for a Caligo role play, so I'll post that tonight when I'm off & see if anyone else is interested.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue May 17, 2011 6:52 pm

I am definitely interested. I need to get back into writing. Plus, I prefer a slower paced role-play.

You can count me in.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I am in. I told myself I wouldn't join another role-play here, but if this is to be of the same pace as Sephiris, I can handle it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Cool. Good to know we have people interested in starting a new Caligo role-play. :]

Alright, so here's a rough idea of what I came up with while at work today...

The role-play can take place 30 years into the future, as in 30 years after the setting that is laid out in the Island of Caligo Information sticky. It is also set 10 years following a war that has erupted between Blue Trinity and the islanders.

With Blue Trinity currently licking its wounds from an overwhelming defeat in what is now being call the Outsiders' War, Caligo is once again enjoying a period of peace, rebuilding what was lost during the 5-year-long war and better preparing for any future attempts at invasions. Caligoans and their Shades still remain a mystery to most of the world, just as it always has been, despite the recent hostile off-island interactions.

While all is seemingly back to normal on the island, a new enigma has unwittingly revealed itself in the form of an unknown being that is discovered by a handful of strangers (our characters) on the night of the anniversary of the triumph over the outsiders while observing the celebratory fireworks from a secluded area, away from most others (but seen by some against its will). Intrigued, the eye witnesses pursue the being and discover for themselves something no one has seen for thousands of years -- one of their gods, the type of being that blessed them with the gift of Shades. (This god/alien I would be role-playing as.)

Elsewhere, a storm is brewing with an increasingly powerful gang of Caligoans who all no longer have a Shade anymore for whatever reason. Bitter and jealous of the rest of the Caligoan population, their anger is turning them violent, and civil unrest is spreading like wildfire.

I was thinking we could have a couple storylines going at once, one with some of our characters having found this god living among them, and one someplace else on the island with the gangs and the resentful Caligoans without Shades that have found one another and banded together. Obviously these are all just ideas, and we could do something different, but let me know what you think.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 pm

I never got a chance to play in the first incarnation of Caligo. I have a lot of rps running right now, but given the relaxed posting pace planned, I think I might be able to manage another.

Color me tentatively interested.

wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 18, 2011 12:09 am

I like the idea. I'm assuming that the angry "non-shade" characters are secondary characters...since likely none of us would want to role play without a shade Smile I need to reread all of the Caligo history (and my own character sheet...yikes!)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 am

Sounds good. Keep an eye on this then if you think you just might be interested, and then once the OoC thread is up and moving, you can decide if you want to join in for sure or not. Like I said, I really want this to be a stress-free RP, so we really shouldn't expect it to move at a brisk pace.

Cool, thanks, Ryona. Yeah, at least that's kind of what I was assuming too, that the people without Shades any longer would be more like secondary characters that anyone can control. Something that we'll have to remember is that the majority of the Caligoan population appears very, very young (typically like they're in their 20's or 30's), even though a lot of them have lived for hundreds (if not thousands) of years. The people who have had their Shades die though, thus making them mortal and capable of aging, will all look older, more than likely.

I know exactly what you mean! I had to read it all over as well and also had to change a couple things about my own character.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed May 18, 2011 12:28 pm

I am re-imagining my character as well. I haven't decided if I am going to stay with Summoning or go with Weather Manipulation as my Shade's power. Either one would go well with her character.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Either would be really cool in my book, Hermes. :]

If everyone seems to be okay with that rough idea (which I can flesh out just a bit more so we all can get a better grasp of things), then I can go ahead and make the OoC thread here soon. I'll give everyone a chance to reacquaint themselves though with the Caligo sticky and to update their character descriptions if they need to or simply read them over.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Also worth noting...

I added this paragraph into the Caligo information.
First-generation drifters, or those people that originally were born off-island elsewhere in the world and now live in Caligo, normally after having crashed their plane there or floated in from their sunken ship, are not blessed with their own Shades. However, descendants of drifters, third-generation and on, typically are born with Shades, as they are considered by the island to be true Caligoans.

Therefore, I also added in an extra field into your profile in the Caligo tab about your character for their heritage.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 18, 2011 5:05 pm

So is this role play set ten years after the 1998 conflict with Blue Trinity? Or thirty years? I'm unsure of where we are in the timeline. I'm trying to make sure my character's history fits in (she had her daughter in 1938 and her husband disappeared in 1945).
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:So is this role play set ten years after the 1998 conflict with Blue Trinity? Or thirty years? I'm unsure of where we are in the timeline. I'm trying to make sure my character's history fits in (she had her daughter in 1938 and her husband disappeared in 1945).
The year is 2028 right now in the world, but ten years ago, in 2018, the war ended with Blue Trinity.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Ah, alright, I understand. Thank you!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Sure thing!

Also, when I'm not doing other things at work (I'm currently a hostess at a sushi restaurant), I am now working on drawing the 3 different types of Shades for Caligo, since I have been meaning to at least sketch those out since I first created the Caligo lore. So, hopefully I will have that all done very soon so you guys can have a visual of a Bownyte, Inklaw, and Grimalkin!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Awesome!
I can't wait to see it. Oh, also, it reminds me:
Everyone here has probably seen it, but here is Fate's drawing of my character and her daughter (where you can see a grimalkin and inklaw!!!):
Click here
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm

scratch O_o
Thanks, Ryona! For some reason though, I'm just noticing, I made the Inklaw's beak black... Why I did that, I will never know lol. All Inklaw beaks are silver, just like all Grimalkin's saberteeth are silver, and all Bownyte horns are silver. So strange!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Haha, I never even noticed!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm rather interested in this, especially since it is still in the planning stages. I do need to re-make my Caligo character but I won't have any issues doing that.
I even have a Non-Shade Caligoan in the works as well. :3
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu May 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Hmmm.... This is randomly unfortunate and exciting at the same time. I just attempted to spare renewed interest in MY caligo RP after a new member expressed interest. I'd love to join, but I'd hate to drop my own (because I couldn't really commit to both). And if both were running at the same time I'd be afraid of lore becoming conflicting (because I am anal about that stuff).

Here is my proposal, take it or leave it, that we somehow weave the two ideas together (my RP also has the same time line of 30 years later. lol). So I humbly beseech Mother Fate to look over what my idea was, and let her know what she thinks.

Second Cataclysm

The two ideas might be incompatible. I don't really know what you have in mind for it. I'd like to see it happen, but at the same time I don't want to intrude. Oh no I'm so conflicted! *Implodes*
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 20, 2011 12:25 am

Awesome. :] I'm allowing some time right now for people to work on their characters if they need to and to reacquaint themselves with the Caligo info, so there's certainly time.

Dio, I actually just noticed that your thread as well. The thing is, the lore isn't, by any means, detailed and comprehensive. You are not only allowed but encouraged to make it your own. The RPs in this section aren't related. Each is their own little world of Caligo. In other words, in one Caligo RP, the role-players may interpret the island looking something like a world in Star Wars, while in another, the role-players may picture it looking more like something from a Final Fantasy game. Another example is that there is a great machine of mass destruction that was created thousands of years ago. It's a giant robot, and that's all the info that is given. Therefore, in one RP, people could say it's a humanoid robot, while in another they may say that it is simply a massive robotic dinosaur. All I'm saying is, don't be concerned about whether the role-plays will mesh well. No one should have to worry about if their Caligo RP will fit together with someone else's. The basics have been laid out for you, but it's up to you to create what you will of them. Therefore, it isn't necessary to combine our role-plays.

Oh, and also... I just finished coloring in the drawings of the 3 types of Shades!

Bownyte
Inklaw
Grimalkin
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 am

Ooh, those are pretty Smile I had trouble imagining a bownyte until now.

I'm wondering if I can use Brenna's missing husband as a plot device for the shadeless caligoans...that was what he was supposed to be, in the last story. However, on this timeline, by rights he should be dead by now. But perhaps she will hear of him, or something of that sort. Maybe he was one of the foudners of the group, or something. Not sure yet. But if you have an idea for it, feel free to use it!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 20, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks!

That's a really great idea, Ryona. I think that could make things more interesting for your character.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Fri May 20, 2011 11:50 am

I had always pictured a Bownyte looking like a Houndoom ( the Pokemon ) and I was kinds right. Lol.

Working on my character. I hope she turns out alright.
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Actually, I just reread the Conflict area of the Caligo info, and the year that Caligo takes place in is probably more around the year 2010...

Summarizing, Blue Trinity was formed in 1998. Their first expeditions were unsuccessful in finding the island. In all likelihood, they probably first discovered Caligo in the year 2000. However, that team that discovered it perished from the storms surrounding the island and other hazards, like the sharp reefs. A second team was immediately deployed, probably in the same year, and they were the first to set foot on the island itself and record info, in addition to making it back to the US safely. Today, there probably have been a few other teams of varying sizes that have been sent by Blue Trinity to gather information and data on the enigmatic island.

Therefore, this role play will probably be taking place more around the year 2040 (which is 30 years into the future of the time period that Caligo is normally set in).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri May 20, 2011 12:47 pm

I decided on weather manipulation as my Shade's power.

I do have a question about your illustrations (which are amazing, by the way): Do all Inklaws have red eyes, Grimalkins blue and Bownytes yellow?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks, Hermes.

Maybe it might be a good idea to read up a little bit just to refresh yourself.

Fate Foretold wrote:All Shades were pure black in color, though with varying glowing, pupil-less eye colors.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri May 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Fate. ^_^

I am working on filling out my character sheet. It's rather blank at the moment.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat May 28, 2011 11:57 pm

I am SO interested to join this.

Sign me up.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next