FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caligo: Battle of the Illuminors

5 posters

Go down

Caligo:  Battle of the Illuminors Empty Caligo: Battle of the Illuminors

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:22 am

At long last, I am starting my own Caligo role-play! I have been meaning to do this for a long time (well, ever since I created Caligo), and I'm hoping that now I have a sufficient amount of time to do so.

If you would like to join, please reply here saying so. I would actually prefer it if we had a bigger group of people, since I've had a great deal of fun in the past with a larger group (in a role-play called And By Night, They Walked). I will allow up to 8 people, including myself. These slots are first come, first serve. Each slot only represents a person though; it does not represent the amount of characters. One person can have as many characters as they want and can handle. So, character-wise, there can be any amount. Once we get some people interested, I'll go ahead and make an OOC thread and list all those participating.

Role-Play Specifics

Time Period: Current day

Setting: The island of Caligo (mostly concentrated to the capital city of Phasmoenia and the forests and mountains surrounding it)

Plot: (If you have not already done so, please read the last two paragraphs under the Aftermath section here to learn about the Illuminors.) The ancient texts (in the old form of scrolls and books, before even digital media and computers were used by the Caligoans) told many interesting tales of the past, some of them outlandish things, such as a monstrous robotic machine that was supposedly constructed by malevolent-minded individuals.

One of these stories, of which very little can be found, describes two brothers, one of whom was an engineer that was, himself, working on building this machine. The other was a man that supposedly conversed with the gods and passed along their knowledge to the people of Caligo to be learned by all. One brother was good; one brother was evil. One had a Bownyte Shade, and the other had a Grimalkin. These two brothers were said to have argued and bickered constantly, even pitting their Shades against each other. One such fight looked to be the end of their Shades, had the brothers not have been able to swallow their pride and call off their companions. However, it was then, according to these texts, that they both gained a secret and hidden wisdom that supposedly is available to all Caligoans -- the power of their Shades. So connected were they to their partners, that they were able to tap into their Shade's ability and gain it themselves. This then allowed the brothers to fight fiercely with each other. The righteous brother was said to have power over lighting, while the less virtuous one was said to be able to control fire. There is very little more on the two brothers that had come to be known as Illuminors for their abilities. No one is certain who won, if either of them did. However, most realistic Caligoans today believe this is simply a fairy tale or a legend and nothing more.

Role-Play Ideas: For this role-play, I'd like to explore the possibility of discovering these two brothers. If their Shades had never died, then they would still be alive today and look around thirty years old (as Caligoans do not appear to age past this point unless their Shade dies). The brothers would be the most powerful people alive because of their powers, however, if both brothers believe that the other is dead, they may not be interested in displaying their hidden talents publicly. Perhaps, somewhere down the line when both the brothers were battling, they both wounded each other so badly, that they assumed the other brother was dead, but something happened that separated them both so that they could not verify this, such as falling off of a cliff. If the two were to meet now though, just imagine what may occur. I think that the evil brother, Noxus, would be trying to dig up his creation, the robotic machine, while the other brother, Lux, would still be communicating with the 'gods,' perhaps being the only person today that has the honor of doing so.

Anyone who feels up to it can take on the role of either brother (but please don't one person take on both). I will take on the role of either Noxus or Lux if no one else does. It would be interesting to see too how Blue Trinity would react to discovering the abilities of these brothers, if any of their agents were around (maybe even trying to blend in with the Caligoans).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Caligo:  Battle of the Illuminors Empty Re: Caligo: Battle of the Illuminors

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:16 am

I'm in, if you will have me. I don't know if I want to take over a brother, but I'm sure you will get many other volunteers soon Smile

Edit: The brothers story reminds me of Jacob and Esau, and it's possible relation to the TV series LOST in its final season ^_^

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Woah, I was thoroughly intrigued when I read about that battle before and I am definitely in for this Fate! (Good to see you got this up by the way Smile )

Well, I would very much be interested in playing Noxus, since my main Caligo character is a good guy (Bownyte). So, it is okay if I am Noxus, but also have my main character as well to interact with the group, right?
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:03 pm

I would definitely be interested in this. I would be willing to take one of the brothers (Tempest said he wanted the good brother, but he called him Noxus when I thought the good one was Lux). Either one will be fine. If not, I can try to make up my character, hopefully before it starts. I tried a bit yesterday, but I couldn't quite think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Ryona -- You're definitely welcome to join! Oh, and that's interesting! I haven't heard that story before (though I must admit, I don't know many Biblical stories).

Tempest -- Awesome! I'm glad that you were intrigued. :] Great to have you!
Cool, you're free to play Noxus then. I think that'll be a good balance for you and help to keep things interesting. Yep, you are free to role-play Noxus and your main character!

Silvone -- Welcome aboard! Great, you have claimed Lux then. :]

I'll probably be playing as two characters (my main and another). I'll go ahead and start an OOC thread for us once I'm home. (I'm currently in class. D: )
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:40 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I would definitely be interested in this. I would be willing to take one of the brothers (Tempest said he wanted the good brother, but he called him Noxus when I thought the good one was Lux). Either one will be fine. If not, I can try to make up my character, hopefully before it starts. I tried a bit yesterday, but I couldn't quite think.

Hehe, read my post carefully.

I said I wanted to play Noxus because my main character, Deniel, is a good guy. That way I would have a balance, one evil guy, one good guy. A Bownyte and a Grimalkin! Razz
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:46 pm

Oh, whoops. you're right. Tempest said Noxus, but I *think* he meant Lux? Sorry, I can't read as carefully when people are talking around (or to) me lol. Well, I'll wait for Tempest to reply and clarify.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:50 pm

No, I was actually talking to Silvone, which is why I quoted him.

I want to play Noxus, because he is evil and has a Grimalkin, but my main character is Deniel, who is more of a straight up and down sort of guy, and has a Bownyte. Laughing

Therefore I will have an evil and good character to play and thus an interesting balance.
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Oh my God. LOL! I didn't even see that it was you, Tempest!! XD Oh, wow. I really cannot type and talk at the same time at all hahaha. Okay. *reads everything over another time* That makes sense. So, Tempest claims Noxus. Silvone will possibly want Lux then.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh....ok. I guess I did read it wrong. Sorry Smile

Sure, I will take Lux.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Lmao! That happened to me once! Razz We all have blank moments!

Alright then, I will begin devising my evil character and his devious schemes at once!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Just so you know, once I have my character made I would like to have him in the RP as well. It shouldn't take too much longer to do, as I have the basics already done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 pm

Oh, that's right. I'll add him to the character list. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:Ryona -- You're definitely welcome to join! Oh, and that's interesting! I haven't heard that story before (though I must admit, I don't know many Biblical stories).

Ah, well I hadn't heard of it until LOST conspirators started talking about it last season. It's actually unclear whether or not the writers are referencing this Jacob, as the dark character has only just been introduced and has remained unnamed.

The fact that both LOST and Caligo revolve around mysterious islands only increase the similarity of the two stories Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:25 pm

I.M DIODRI!

IS RESERVING A SPOT! PLAYING AS ME!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 pm

Room for another? lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Lost is an interesting show, so they could have been! I kind of stopped watching it though after the...3rd season? Ah but very true - they're both set on an island. Smile

Sure, Diodri, Eternity, you both can join! I'll add you to our list in the OOC thread. I'm going to just got ahead and lock this one now, since we obviously have a good amount of people interested, so from now on, we can just discuss things in the the OOC thread for this. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down