FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caligo: Battle of the Illuminors [OOC] *FULL*

+3
Neschume
Dio the Awesome
Fate Flyer
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Caligo:  Battle of the Illuminors [OOC]  *FULL* Empty Caligo: Battle of the Illuminors [OOC] *FULL*

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:13 pm

Posting Order
1. Fate Foretold
2. Ryona Noel
3. Diodri
4. Mattipus
5. Eternity
6. Silvone
7. Tempest

Role-Play Specifics

Time Period: Current day

Setting: The island of Caligo (mostly concentrated to the capital city of Phasmoenia and the forests and mountains surrounding it)

Plot: (If you have not already done so, please read the last two paragraphs under the Aftermath section here to learn about the Illuminors.) The ancient texts (in the old form of scrolls and books, before even digital media and computers were used by the Caligoans) told many interesting tales of the past, some of them outlandish things, such as a monstrous robotic machine that was supposedly constructed by malevolent-minded individuals.

One of these stories, of which very little can be found, describes two brothers, one of whom was an engineer that was, himself, working on building this machine. The other was a man that supposedly conversed with the gods and passed along their knowledge to the people of Caligo to be learned by all. One brother was good; one brother was evil. One had a Bownyte Shade, and the other had a Grimalkin. These two brothers were said to have argued and bickered constantly, even pitting their Shades against each other. One such fight looked to be the end of their Shades, had the brothers not have been able to swallow their pride and call off their companions. However, it was then, according to these texts, that they both gained a secret and hidden wisdom that supposedly is available to all Caligoans -- the power of their Shades. So connected were they to their partners, that they were able to tap into their Shade's ability and gain it themselves, including immortality. This then allowed the brothers to fight fiercely with each other. The righteous brother was said to have power over lighting, while the less virtuous one was said to be able to control fire. There is very little more on the two brothers that had come to be known as Illuminors for their abilities. No one is certain who won, if either of them did. However, most realistic Caligoans today believe this is simply a fairy tale or a legend and nothing more.

Role-Play Ideas: For this role-play, I'd like to explore the possibility of discovering these two brothers and their lives today. They'd look around thirty years old (as Caligoans do not appear to age past this point unless their Shade dies). The brothers would be the most powerful people alive because of their powers, however, if both brothers believe that the other is dead, they may not be interested in displaying their hidden talents publicly. Perhaps, somewhere down the line when both the brothers were battling, they both wounded each other so badly, that they assumed the other brother was dead, but something happened that separated them both so that they could not verify this, such as falling off of a cliff. If the two were to meet now though, just imagine what may occur. I think that the evil brother, Noxus, would be trying to dig up his creation, the robotic machine, while the other brother, Lux, would still be communicating with the 'gods,' perhaps being the only person today that has the honor of doing so.

Role-Players and Their Characters

1. Fate Foretold -- Kyte Whispearl, Jett Hawke
2. Ryona Noel -- Brenna Amadreill
3. Tempest -- Noxus, Deniel Calas
4. Silvone Elestahr -- Lux, Imstad Yalvua
5. Diodri -- Diodri Setera
6. Eternity -- Jazelle Echo, Ray and Lenny
7. Neschume -- Ravana Celio
8. Mattipus -- Yauri Kolaris

Caligo: BotI Character Cheat Sheet

1.Fate Foretold

• Kyte Whispearl - 578 years old, Ornithologist for the Caligo Aviary
    Inklaw: Voltaire - Mediumship
  • Jett Hawke - 35 years old, archaeologist for Blue Trinity

2. Ryona Noel

• Brenna Amadreill- 333 years old, philosophy professor and archaeologist
    Inklaw: Gabriel – control of emotion

3. Tempest

• Deniel Calas- 26 years old, Caligoan freelance
    Bownyte: Kain – super speed
  • Noxus - information unknown

4. Silvone Elestahr

• Imstad Yalvua - 999 years old, unemployed freelancer, ex-weapons designer and manufacturer
    Bownyte: Allie – self healing
  • Lux - information unknown

5. Diodri

6. Eternity

• Jazelle Echo- 21 years old, works in organic shop
    Grimalkin: Achak – ice manipulation

7. Neschume

• Ravana Celio - 136 years old, construction worker
    Grimalkin: Desdemona - regeneration/bone manipulation (split personality)

8. Mattipus

• Yauri Kolaris- 89 years old, Ecologist/Mountain Guide
    Inklaw: Thule – Psychometry

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 20 times in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Caligo:  Battle of the Illuminors [OOC]  *FULL* Empty Re: Caligo: Battle of the Illuminors [OOC] *FULL*

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:00 pm

I'mma posting in the OOC, so I can find it later.

Also, when are we starting approximately? (This line is to give my post meaning).
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Caligo:  Battle of the Illuminors [OOC]  *FULL* Empty Re: Caligo: Battle of the Illuminors [OOC] *FULL*

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:14 pm

Lol Diodri.

Well, I know some people are working on finishing up their character profiles and such, and if I'm going to be creating a second character, I still have to write that up (I'll start on it tomorrow before class), so we'll give it a couple of days.

I'll make a posting order too, once everyone gets their first post up. So, the posting order just depends on when you post for the first time, and from then on, you will continue to have that same spot to post in. I'll obviously be first, since I'll be starting it. If a person cannot get a reply up within a week's time, then the rest of us will simply skip their spot and move on to the next person in the posting order. This is just to ensure we don't leave people behind and that everyone has a right and fair chance to post just as much as everyone else.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Neschume Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 pm

I'll post when I get back from my vacation if that's alright. Seeing as I have no way of accessing the internet on my trip that seems to be the only way I can do it.
Neschume
Neschume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:56 am

My character's profile is complete, so you no longer need to wait on me. The minor editing it needs can wait until later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:19 am

If it is okay, I am going to leave out the less important sections of my character profile page for now. I want to leave myself room to expand and explore, not confined by boundaries I have previously set for myself.
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 am

That's perfectly fine if you want to leave some profile fields out. In no way am I requiring you completely finish your characters, as I do think it does help to RP with them for a bit to kind of get a feel for how you want them to be.

Neschume, that's definitely fine. (Hope you have a good vacation!)

If you guys have your character's posted in your character thread in the Archives section too, would you mind letting me know/linking me to them? (To link to a specific post, just click on the title of that post and copy the address that changes at the top in your URL.) That way, I can link to them in the first post. If not though, that's okay.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 am

I already took the liberty of editing my main character into the OP. Is it alright if I don't create a character sheet for Nox? I want him to be as mysterious as the legend implies and flesh him out in the eyes of the players through my IC posts. A sheet kind of defeats that purpose though.
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 am

I saw that -- thanks, Tempest. Smile

I think that would actually be better, yes.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:42 am

Excellent, are we waiting on one more person to start? If so I'll go snatch someone. Razz
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 am

It's okay -- we don't have to fill all the slots. That's just a maximum number I'm allowing. So, if sometime another person would like to join, they'll have that option now.

I think we still have some people working on their characters. I'm currently working on my 2nd one too.

Tempest had the idea to do a battle scene with Silvone for a prelude to this RP, depicting Noxus and Lux fighting around 2,000 years ago. So, I will wait to make my first post until they can send me their battle scene. I should be able to start this whenever though!

(Just a little heads up: This weekend, my family is driving up here to visit my fiancé and I, and we'll be going into downtown Chicago, so I won't be available over the weekend.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattipus Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Might I chip in and take that last spot? After reading the rather extensive information about the island of Caligo, I've decided that I absolutely adore the setting and very much want to be a part of it. Also the fact that there's a distinct pecking order of who posts after whom is reassuring... it'll prevent the RP rocketing off at a pace that I can't handle.

Granted that I can participate, I'll get to work on my character. If not... well, I'll still get to work on my character, regardless.
Mattipus
Mattipus
Mist
Mist

Male

http://mjsawyer137.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:12 pm

Mattipus --
Aw, wonderful! Smile Of course you're welcome to join us. I look forward to learning more about your character! I'll add you to the list then.

So, this means we are officially full, unless someone drops out at any point, so I'll also edit that in our title.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Brenna Amadreill

Here's my archive link.

Code:
[url=http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/the-archives-f37/ryona-noel-s-character-list-t844.htm#26438]Brenna Amadreill[/url]
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Perfect! Smile Thank you very much, Ryona.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 pm

I would like to take the liberty of making an extra character or two for this specifically. So a few questions:

-Would I be allowed to make an Outsider, since this is Modern Day?
-Would I be able to create a character who is an (unknown) relative of the brothers?
(Elaboration: A character that through long ties is related, and doesn't truly know it until this search/exploration ensues.)

Wow, it sounded like a lot more in my head. Guess my head's just got an echo. lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Well, I can answer one of those questions for you.

You can make an outsider, as long as you are still using your Caligo character for the main character. And of course, the outsider would have no shade (but I'm sure you know that).

As for your other question...I guess it would depend on if the brothers had children, or siblings who had children :?:
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

I would think more along extended family. Maybe like a 2nd cousin.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Imstad Yalvua

Code:
[url=http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/the-archives-f37/silvone-s-characters-t1055.htm#26493]Imstad Yalvua[/url]

In my opinion, it would be fine for them to have distant relatives. Normal, in fact, unless Noxus went on a family killing spree... But it is up to Fate, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Eternity--
That's great. ^_^ You are certainly welcome to have outsiders as characters. (One of mine I'm using is one actually, and he works for Blue Trinity.)

You also are welcome to have a character that is part of the brothers' extended family. I'm assuming (though this is entirely up to Tempest and Silvone for this RP, since Noxus and Lux are their characters for this story) that the brothers would have managed to impregnate at least a woman or two in the many years they've been living (if you wanted it to be a direct link). Maybe they even were/are married? Anything is possible, as nothing is known about them to the public. They basically live amongst everyone else, blending in.

Ryona--
Thanks for helping! ^^

Silvone--
Awesome, thank you for the link!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Jett and Brenna's birthdays are on the same day! Very Happy

Edit: Happy Birthday to Deniel...Smile

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:46 pm

This is the best linkage I can do, without a whole lot of copy pasting. Hope this is okay.

Diodri Charachar Sheeeet!!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:08 am

Lol oooh, they're both Halloween babies! Very Happy Tony's old best friend (a guy named Bry) has his birthday on Halloween also. He fits the description of a Scorpio perfectly too. xD

Yep, that works just fine. Thanks, Diodri! :]

Gah, okay -- So, today I need to release the Monthly Features here whenever I get home from class. So, that is going to take precedence over me working on my 2nd character.

I also need to have my entire book (like, we're actually putting together a real book that's going to be made with all our art and all our text and so forth) for one of my classes done before next week! I have not even started on it. Despite being the furthest along in my projects for my class, I still have to do that, so I may not be able to start this role-play until sometime next week (when things die down and I've finished putting together my book to send off to be made).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:11 am

I am 100 percent willing to take this role play slow.

I have school starting in two weeks, and my activity may slow way down. I hope that it won't interfere with my role plays, but I won't truly know until I start and see how the work load is.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:18 am

I'm pretty sure, especially with the amount of people we have, this won't be moving along at lightning speed. I'd like to give everyone a fair chance to contribute to this RP by allowing them 1 week to respond when their turn comes before they get skipped. So, I'm hoping that will work out wonderfully for everyone, since so many of us are students. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattipus Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:59 pm

After hours of nitpicking (thanks to my perfectionistic tendencies), I have completed my character profile, which can be found right about...

...wait for it...

...here: Yauri Kolaris

Code:
[url=http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/rpg_sheet.forum?u=319]Yauri Kolaris[/url]
I'm really looking forwards to this. *Jumps up and down excitedly*
Mattipus
Mattipus
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 pm

What I've read so far, I like Smile It's cool, there are now three Oct 31st birthdays, two archaeologists, two people whose shades have healing abilities, and two with Psychometry! Is it a coincedence, or a conspiracy? Muhaha

On a side note, I feel all self conscious because everyone has these AWESOME character images and mine is just...me... Sweat Drop
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattipus Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Whoa! I did not notice that... serves me right for not reading everyone's characters thoroughly enough to notice the other Psychometrer.

Still, great minds think alike, eh Diodri? High Five

If it's any consolation, I wasn't going to have a character image... but then I spotted one which was pretty much exactly what I imagined, minus a few details... and it was such a lovely image... I couldn't help myself. Giggle
Mattipus
Mattipus
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Ray and Lenny, my sides for this roleplay. An outsider and his little Caligoan friend lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Alright, well I am now free to start this just as soon as Tempest and Silvone finish their battle scene together. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next