FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twists of fate (Lamenting_Quill and Peeves Hacksaw)

2 posters

Go down

Twists of fate (Lamenting_Quill and Peeves Hacksaw) Empty Twists of fate (Lamenting_Quill and Peeves Hacksaw)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:19 pm

The sun was steadily setting on the world of Tea Lar, setting to reveal an evening that could be written down in history. Tonight the Alpha male of the werewolf pack in region six would be seeking out his mate among the unmated she-wolves.

So very, very long had this Alpha had been waiting to find the other half of his soul and the Weres of region six were certainly hoped their frustrated Alpha would find her tonight.

“You look lovely, my queen”

“Only because you are so talented, Rosalin dear”

Rosalin smiled warmly upon the queen mother of the werewolves, such a kind she-wolf. It was hard to imagine this woman snarling and fighting other females to stay at the top as the alpha female of her day. Rosalin had no doubt this gentle woman was indeed a tough old bird underneath all this sweetness, all the reason more to adore her.

“You humble me, queen” Rosalin murmured in genuine appreciation of the praise “I am blessed to have a mistress such as you, you are so very kind and generous”
“You are an angel, Rosalin” The queen replied with a kind smile, taking the human girl’s hands into her own “It is a pity you are a human, you would make such a difference in this world with your vibrant mind, you are such an intelligent and kind hearted girl”
A pity you are human…. Rosalin had often thought that about herself as well, it seemed so cruel that fat would place her so very low at the bottom of totem pole. Granted, she was not at the very bottom, she had been very lucky to become the queen mother’s attendant. Her mistress was a very kind one.

“I hope it happens tonight” The queen sighed softly, standing from her chair after Rosalin had secured the last blossom in her hair “I hope my dear son finds his mate tonight, I long for Grandchildren to spoil”
Rosalin giggled softly and smiled with adoration “I know you do and I hope that you get your wish, those will be some very lucky Grandchildren to have a Grandmother like you”.

“You are as sweet as honeysuckle” The queen chuckled “My son should be here soon, I hope he wore that one tunic that looks so handsome on him, it will really impress the ladies”

Rosalin laugher merrily “My queen, I think any woman would be pleased to have your son even if he was dressed in a burlap sack”

The queen smiled and shook her head as the pair of them moved to the sofa to chat about assorted feminine things as their waited for the werewolf of honor to arrive for his mother.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Twists of fate (Lamenting_Quill and Peeves Hacksaw) Empty Re: Twists of fate (Lamenting_Quill and Peeves Hacksaw)

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:21 pm

The purple evening sunset drew a dusky blanket of clouds over the Tea Lar sky, refracting the day's remaining light into shards that lay scattered about the heavily wooded landscape. The heavens rumbled softly, not yet ready to release a cataclysm of rain and thunder. Thern squinted out of his high tower window at the setting sun and ominous clouds, waiting impatiently for his human paige-boy to finish lacing up his boots. Today was the day he would finally meet his life partner in a ceremony that none should ever forget. Today, the Alpha male werewolf of region six would finally, after all these long years of unsuccessful matches, choose his mate and become complete, his fate forever entwined with hers in fiery, glorious passion.

Oh, for crying out loud, he thought to himself, beginning to rub his temples again. This is going to be just as unsuccessful as all the other mating ceremonies. What makes me think this one will be any different? He glared icily at the human at his feet. Its face was covered with bruises and small cuts, and it practically withered beneath Thern's stern gaze. It stepped back shakily from his shoes, narrowly avoiding a knee in the face as the werewolf stood up to his full height.

I might as well keep an open mind about these things, though, Thern thought to himself as he swept quietly through the narrow castle corridors, paige-boy following behind him at a respectful distance. It's only one night out of the year, and who knows? I might find someone, even if she isn't my ideal partner.

Thern approached his mother's chamber and knocked politely at her door before entering. Sweeping gallantly into the room, his dark cloak billowing rather handsomely around him, he began to recite the ritual speech, "The time is nigh, dearest mother, for us to..."

He stopped short as he caught sight of the human girl seated next to his mother. There was something off about the creature. Thern felt something throb, deep within the recesses of his chest. Something was wrong. He stared harder at the human, his mother forgotten for the moment, and took a few quiet steps toward it. "You there..." He hissed, the throbbing in his chest becoming uncomfortably familiar. "What is your name?"

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Twists of fate (Lamenting_Quill and Peeves Hacksaw) Empty Re: Twists of fate (Lamenting_Quill and Peeves Hacksaw)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:15 am

Rosalin was shocked when the Alpha came striding towards her, his steps slowing after a bit to being almost reluctant, she was shaken from her thoughts however when he demanded her name.
"I... I am Rosalin... Your Grace" Rosalin replied as steadily as she could despite standing in such close proximity to such a powerful werewolf male "I am your mother's personal attendant, have I done something to displease you?"

He was handsome, in fact, handsome seemed inadequate, she could understand now why the were ladies at court gossiped about him the way they did. There were other stories too, some said the Alpha was vain and accustomed to getting what he wanted no matter what anyone else thought and if someone did object, the Alpha always managed to sway them somehow to his choices.

Rosalin quickly realized that she was staring at his ethereally beautiful face for much too long and averted her eyes immediately to the floor, fighting the urge to blush.

The queen mother stood up slowly and surveyed the posture of her son as she approached him "My darling Thern, is something wrong?"

There were no words to describe how grateful Rosalin was for the interruption of the Alpha's mother, the intensity of his eyes and the way he pinned her with that gaze was started to get to her, it made her feel dizzy and strange.

"Your grace, If I have done something, I beg forgiveness" Rosalin quickly inserted "My family needs the stability we are afforded by me having this privileged job, I cannot lose it"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:15 pm

It sickened Thern to see the human girl- no, Rosalin, he corrected himself- grovel like that, which struck him as a little odd considering how he treated most other humans. He gritted his teeth against the intensifying throbbing in his chest, which was now growing painful, but at the same time, not entirely unpleasant. Though he had never felt that particular sensation before, he knew exactly what it was, and it troubled him. He shook his head, trying not to look as winded as he felt. "No, no... Nothing's wrong. I just don't feel well, is all. It's not important." Rosalin had by now turned a bright shade of red, and another invisible skewer plunged through Thern's heart. He was sure that the two could see the pained uncertainty in his face, so he quickly turned his face away. "We might as well get this over with, Mother," he growled as he swept down the narrow corridor leading to the amphitheater. Thern's paige-boy hesitated for a few moments, staring perplexingly at Rosalin, before scurrying to keep up with his master's brisk pace.

Thern could hear the muffled voices of the crowd through the heavy curtain that separated the castle from the outside. He paused in front of the curtain, closing his eyes and taking a few deep breaths. A cool breeze escaped through a gap in the cloth brushed against his face, helping him to relax. He inhaled sharply and tore the curtain aside, stepping out into the chilly evening.

Time slowed to a crawl. Thern walked exactly four steps before the crowd began to cheer raucously. He strode ponderously up to the pedestal that was set up for him in the center of the arena, extending a condescending arm up to the sky and forcing a smile that looked like a snarl. The amphitheater was huge, naturally, and the screaming audience was split down the center: males on the left, females on the right. Thern looked from one side to the other, trying to enjoy his fame and praise, but all that came to him was an uncomfortable, sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. None of the she-wolves in the audience were pulling him. All he could think about was... that girl's red face, the way she stuttered when she addressed him, her- he cut off his own thoughts abruptly. No, no no. This will not do. You can NOT choose a human as a mate. It's simply unheard of.

He lowered his hand tentatively, and the roaring audience quieted to complete silence. He didn't look to see if his mother had followed him into the arena, and he didn't even want to know if Rosalin was standing there with her. Clearing his throat, Thern began to make his ritual speech with far less gusto than usual. He felt small.

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 am

Rosalin stood back beside the queen, she needed to be near by in case the elderly werewolf queen needed her assistance; though she thoroughly wished she did not have to be here right now. Something was not right. Rosalin could feel it in her bones.
'I feel so strange' Rosalin thought to herself, barely hearing Thern making his ritual speech over the roaring haze going on inside her head 'What is going on? What is happening to me?'

"Rosalin, dear, are you alright?"
Rosalin could barely hear the queen whispering to her as she leaned over to look closer at the female human.
"I... I don't feel right" Rosalin managed to murmur back to the queen "My head is swimming, I feel faint"
She instantly felt the queen's hand grasp hers, with half shock and half concern "Rosalin, look towards my son. What happens then?"
With a soft whimper of reluctance, Rosalin responded the queen's instructions and looked towards Thern's back. The aching and the fuzziness stopped, only in its place everything else but Thern was fuzzy and hazy. All she could see was him. She was not stupid, she knew what this meant.

Quickly she averted her eyes and muttered a quick lie to the queen "Nothing, it is the same"
This was not possible, she could not be Thern's mate, she just couldn't be. She groaned as Thern continued to speak, she wanted to shout at him to shut up and quit his chanting, but she knew that would give her away.
Rosalin was afraid, that much was for certain. She knew Thern had searched for years for his mate and it would be cruel to reject him, but she had no idea how he would treat her when he had expected a female werewolf for his mate, not a human. Rosalin feared resentment.

She released the queen's hand and silently fled the arena, making sure she stayed near the walls and hid behind the curtains as she did to ensure she was not noticecd. At least by no one but the queen, staring after the frightened girl with pity.
The queen adored Rosalin and even though she was human, she was happy Rosalin was the one for Thern. Rosalin would give her good grandchildren and she would be good for Thern too. No one is the district would dare speak a word against Rosalin with the queen behind her.

It was understandable though why Rosalin was reacting the way she was, the girl was only human, she did not know how living with a werewolf for a mate for would be for human. She also probably feared Thern would hate her for this. Poor Rosalin.

"No... NO..." Rosalin sobbed as she fled in the direction of the royal gardens, running inside the wrought iron gates to hide amongst the flowers that had always brought her comfort before.
No comfort to be found here, only the same swimming and fuzziness in her head, the instinct to run into Thern's arms felt even stronger.
Her hands came up to clutch her head as she sat down upon a stone bench "Stop... it cannot be me.... it just cannot be"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:39 pm

The audience lining the amphitheater gasped in horror as Thern doubled over mid-speech, snarling in pain and humiliation. He clutched at his pounding heart, wanting to tear it out and throw it to the ground. Straining, he turned around and saw the curtain through which he'd entered rustle slightly. Rosalin had fled. Thern looked around for his paige-boy, but he was nowhere to be found. Cursing obscenely, he knew what he had to do. He hesitated for an agonizing moment, almost letting the concerned murmurs of the crowd and the gravity of his situation press him down and smother him before he ran after Rosalin.

Disapproving voices followed Thern as he fled the arena, but he ignored them and pressed on toward the sound of receding footsteps and the lingering human scent. The corridors were narrow, and he ended up crashing into walls and furniture in his hectic and painful flight. He eventually emerged, bruised and out of breath, at the open gates of some sort of garden. Here, Rosalin's smell was drowned out by the heady aromas of blooming flowers.

Thern caught sight of a slight figure sitting on a stone bench, hunched over and sobbing. He suddenly remembered what he was doing, and realized with scorn that he had just ruined the evening for every werewolf in town. But he had already crossed the Rubicon. There was no turning back now.

He took a few steps toward the shuddering girl, scowling to hide his weakness, and said, in a low voice, "Rosalin, I'm afraid there's no mistaking it now. You are my mate."

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:37 am

Rosalin felt him approach before she heard his footfalls, his very presence was so powerful. It was like his nearness wrapped her in security and a sort of possessiveness, she felt like she belonged to him. If all of this was true… she DID belong to him. Forever.
“I know…” Rosalin murmured through her hands, her sobs slowing down to distressed sighs “I am so sorry, your grace. You must be so disappointed”
Fate worked in a very mysterious ways apparently, because Rosalin could not how any of this was destiny or how in the world she could possibly be Thern’s preordained mate. She only prayed that the queen did not blame her for this, Rosalin adored that old she-wolf so very much.

Her emerald eyes turned up towards the night sky and she wondered what her life might have been like if she was not a werewolf’s mate, she wondered what sort of mortal man she might have ended up marrying. Would he be kind? Would he be a servant or an attendant like herself? Or at least she was an attendant up until a few moments ago…

Now a fate so mysterious and terrifying awaited her, she had no idea how the werewolf community was going to react to this, a human as their queen? She feared Thern and his mother resenting her for the possible trouble her being Thern’s mate could cause them “I really am so very sorry for all of this. You deserved a high standing she-wolf to be your mate and bare your children, not a mere human like me…. But…….”

Standing from the bench, Rosalin turned to face Thern, the throbbing in her head immediately ceasing, she murmured softly a question she needed answered to make herself certain of this “Did you feel it too? Was your head swimming and aching when we were not facing each other after the ritual words were spoken?”
Rosalin looked down at the plush grass as she blushed softly “I do not mean to pry into anything troubling, but if this must concern me too, I must know… Did you feel those things too?”

Gazing upon Thern’s handsome features as she looked up, Rosalin felt her blush deepen. Never had Rosalin ever imagined being possessed by such a startlingly beautiful man, werewolf or not. He was like one of those statues of beautiful youths adored by gods, too beautiful to be of this world. Perhaps she felt this way because they were preordained mates, she was not sure.

Rosalin could pray this would all turn out alright.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Rosalin stood there in the garden, surrounded by colorful blossoms and lit from behind by the lingering orange streaks of a once striking sunset, and for a moment, Thern had never seen anything so beautiful. Her hair fluttered gently in the breeze, perfectly framing her rapidly reddening face. But no matter how hard he tried, Thern could not tear his gaze away from her eyes. They drew him in, threatening to drown him in their endless depths.

His mate was... a human. The irony was killing him- all these years, Thern had treated humankind with scorn, hardly even entertaining the thought that they had feelings. And yet... he was far from disappointed. Perhaps he was just happy to have finally found his mate, at long last. Perhaps he would have taken an earthworm for a mate given enough time. But there was something different about this human girl, and Thern had yet to find out what it was.

"Yes," He breathed, almost a whisper, so as not to break the delicately balanced atmosphere. "I felt it too. We were... meant for each other." He winced at the cliche, but could not stop himself from saying it.

Gently, Thern took Rosalin's hands in his own. They were so small and delicate compared to his rough ones. "You know what you must do now, don't you?" He looked into her eyes again, vision clearer now than it had ever been. "We must make an announcement to the public. They are likely very worried about us right now." He gestured for Rosalin to follow him out of the garden. "Come with me."

The pair's departure was marked by gentle, rustling footsteps through the grass and the creak of the iron gate. Shortly after, there was a small crunching noise in the shrubbery, and a small, bruised face poked out of a nearby hedge. The human boy, Thern's paige, paused for a moment to brush thorns and bits of branch off his clothes before he finally wriggled out of his hiding spot. Thern's mate was a human girl? He snickered quietly to himself, ideas forming in his head. Who would have seen that coming? Now he had the perfect ammunition with which to sabotage Thern's reputation and ruin the man who had ruined his life. All he needed now was a little underlying animosity and just a pinch of jealous suspicion... and he knew exactly where to find both.

Chuckling giddily to himself, the boy crept away to plot his revenge.

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:00 am

Rosalin's heart was hammering in her chest, she was to be mated to a werewolf for the rest of their lives. Her husband was a werewolf... she wasn't sure how the folks were going to handle this...
She grimaced as she thought of her overprotective father, Hubert Thornhide. Rosalin could already see her aging father yelling at the Alpha male werewolf. Her father meant well at all times, but when it came to Rosalin... well, that was not an old man to mess with.

"What is going to happen?" Rosalin murmured to Thern as they approached the arena "I mean after the announcement, with us. Will I return to my family or do I stay here? Is the whole thing about you craving to mate under the full moon when you have found your soul mate? I've never had the guts to ask any werewolf for confirmation on that"

This was all almost too much for Rosalin to wrap her mind around, but there was little choice now, rejecting this werewolf would subject him to emotional and mental torment. She knew that for sure. The queen had told her about that. Rosalin did not have in her heart to do that to anyone.
"How do werewolf marriage ceremonies work? I've never seen one before and being directly involved in one, seems a little strange"

She knew she was rambling a little bit, she tended to do that when she was nervous or did not know what else to say, things just simply came out in a flurry of questions.
Her lovely emerald eyes turned on him for the answers to her questions before they would enter the arena to announce Thern finding his mate.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:33 am

"I don't know what kind of horror stories you've been listening to," Thern grumbled, "But werewolf marriages really aren't anything special."

He was seething with embarrassment. It was as if fate itself was trying to humiliate him. How would he be able to cope with the shame of publicly wedding a human? What would his followers think? He shook his head. It would do him no good to fret like an overprotective mother over things he couldn't control. Still not looking at Rosalin, he continued to explain.

"The marriage ceremony will take place today, here and now. There will be a brief intermission while the head of your family household is summoned, and we will each receive blessings from our respective parents. Afterwards is the ritual dance, feast, and..." He glanced sidelong at the girl. She was so small and frail, as if she was made of nothing but colored paper and bits of twig. He felt as if he could accidentally crush her hand by holding it too hard. "...Honeymoon."

Thern did not mention that Rosalin was allowed by common etiquette to refuse partnership with him. He could not even imagine the humiliation of not only choosing a human as his mate, but being rejected by one as well. Heart bludgeoning his chest from the inside, he approached the curtain to the open arena. He could see the silhouette of his mother through a slit in the fabric, just standing there patiently, as if she knew this whole awkward situation would happen all along. He swallowed down the dry wad of cotton lodged in his throat. Even the Alpha Male got stage fright, given the right conditions.

Without making eye contact with Rosalin, Thern tore open the heavy curtain and strode through, into the watching, judgmental eyes of hundreds of townspeople. He could feel the scorn wash over his shoulders like a chill winter wind. He could feel the horror pin his feet to the floor. He could feel the hatred, the shock, and the disappointment batter him until he was bruised and bleeding. His knees felt flimsy and threatened to buckle beneath him. And then, the strangest thing happened. He looked at Rosalin's face, jumped head-first into her deep green eyes, and... It all stopped. The scorn, the hatred, the judgmental stares of the crowd simply ceased, and all that was left was an empty pit, and a subtle taste of longing.

Thern scowled to hide his emotions. It was getting harder and harder to maintain the emotional armor that he'd built up over his lifetime. Bit by bit, he found that the shell was laced with hairline fractures. He took Rosalin's hands in his and muttered, "Are you ready?"

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:26 pm

This was all becoming something of an overwhelming situation for young Rosalin, today she had expected to spend time primping up a dear friend and employer, now she was to become a bride. Bride to a very influential werewolf. Things had changed drastically in her life since she woke up this morn.

Rosalin had no doubts that Thern would protect her and take care of her, but at what price? She could feel the hate and resentment of the stares from the crowd as her mate-to-be threw open the curtains, none of them wanted her married to their Alpha, none of them wanted to someday be ruled by half human werewolves.

Though when Thern touched her skin, she could feel the molten heat of his desire, his longing. He wanted her, but the downside was that he did not wish to want her, he just did. Rosalin wanted to be loved and cherished by whomever she spent the rest of her life with. However, at this point there did not seem to be any alternatives; Thern wasn't going to let her walk away.

Among the human servants standing the far corner of the stadium, Rosalin could see Rourke, a fairly handsome young man she had known since her time in nappies. There was anger in his sapphire eyes, jealousy even.
Rosalin winced when he frowned at her, he had told her a few months ago that he loved her and wished to marry her soon, Rosalin had told him she would consider it.
The look upon his face when he gazed was Thern was enough to her grimace, he looked like he wanted to tear the werewolf at her side to pieces. She prayed hard that Rourke would do nothing stupid, such as interfere here; werewolves were intensely possessive of their mates and would gladly kill to keep them.

If Rourke put his nose where he shouldn't, the poor fool would end up a mangled corpse, Rosalin hoped Thern did not scent Rourke's desire for her in fear that he may be incensed with a jealous rage and hurt poor stupid Rourke.
Her attention was drawn back the matters at hand when Thern spoke to her.

Rosalin gulped and looked to the strong handsome face of the Alpha werewolf whom would be her husband for the rest of eternity, seeking comfort and protection "I admit some fear, I do not wish to be hated or to inflict resentment upon you. I would not blame you if you chose not to take me as a mate, it is not too late if that is what you desire"

She wished he was not touching her right now, it would make it so much easier to put some strength behind her words instead of her voice being slightly shaky with longing.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Thern realized that he was staring a little too intently at Rosalin. He turned away from her to face the crowd, speaking openly, no longer concerned about being scorned. He spread his arms, calling to the vast audience, "Ladies and gentlemen of Tea Lar, I present to you my Chosen mate, Rosalin!"

The crowd, which had been standing in awed silence, roared to life. Amidst the booing and hissing, a few obscene comments poked through. "That human wench is going to be our leader?!" "How dare he? Picking a human when there are so many lovely ladies to choose from!" "Is there no hope left for Tea Lar?"

Thern did not feel angry. He should have. His people had no right to react in such a disrespectful manner to their Alpha male. But all he felt was bitter disappointment. It saddened Thern that he could not trust his people to be civil in a time of need. He scanned the crowd, watching it chant and rally against him with a dismayed heart.

There was a flicker of movement near the back of the stadium, and Thern caught a glimpse of a small boy leading an entourage of men through the crowd. He recognized them. They were a rough bunch, powerful werewolves to be reckoned with. He decided it might be best to make his exit before the audience decided to start throwing things. Without another word, Thern gently led Rosalin back to the castle, allowing the curtain to fall and shield him from the prying eyes of the disapproving crowd.

The embarrassment hit him like a wall. His knees buckled, and he sat heavily on a nearby bench, face in hands, elbows on knees. This day was draining the life out of him. Why did a human have to be his mate, of all people? Why him? And now the city would soon be on his heels, ready to refute every proposal he made and question every action he took. He suppressed the overwhelming desire to storm up to his tower and go back to sleep, to turn a blind eye to the entire dilemma and just give up. He was tempted.

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Anger. Humiliation. Helplessness.
How dare he involve her in this madness! She never asked for any of this. She was content in her life. Then he had to enter it with his mumble jumble about preordained life partners and crap. It was all fine and dandy for the werewolves, but Rosalin knew better. Life was not that kind.

She wasted no time in making her way from the palace to the city, seeking her home like it was her only escape, when to tell the truth it was. It was the only place she was safe.
Rosalin clutched her plain black cloak around her, shielding her face from anyone whom may be on the streets. The reaction from Thern had made her mind up. He was better off without her. He could still impregnate some other she-wolf and pass her off as a mate. She would reject him.

"Rosalin!" Marliana cried out as she burst from the garden sitting just outside the cabin Rosalin had called home since birth "Oh Rosy, I head what happened. Are you alright? Your father has such mixed feelings about all of this"
"Mother..." Rosalin murmured softly, slightly choked up with humiliation "I do not wish to go through with it, it was horrible. You did not see the stares, the murmurs. The worst... Thern... no, the Alpha... I will not spend eternity with a man whom resents who and what I am"

Rosalin's mother was silent for a few moments before she gently stroked her daughter's cheek "You should not have to, either. I will speak with your father, no one will pressure you into wedding the Alpha... it would be best if you ceased working at the palace"
"But the wages!" Rosalin gasped before her mother held a finger to her distressed daughter's lips.
"Calm down. You can come to work with me from now on at the widowed Baroness Hardge's residence" Marliana said, leading her poor daughter inside.

The pitch black of night had flown in quickly, Rosalin had been sent to her bed while her parents discussed what had happened this day.
"You saw her, Marliana" Rupert grumbled as he paced their small kitchen "She was so distressed over all of this, so humiliated. Mostly by the reaction of the Alpha, he dislikes us humans so much that he had no regard for how his reaction might hurt Rosalin"
Marliana nodded and sighed "How will we do this, Rupert? You know he will come for her. Werewolves will not so readily give up a mate once she has been recognized"
Rupert nodded and ran a weathered hand over an equally weathered face as he continued to pace the kitchen. He did in fact know that the Alpha would be angered at Rosalin abandoning the palace... and him... however, he would not subject his sweet daughter to a life of being resented and kept only because of some jibberish about sensing a soul mate by some magical means or however they described it.

"Just keep to what he have intended. She will work with you at your job and avoid contact with the Alpha as much as possible, he will give up quickly I hope. After all, we all know how he feels about humans. Rosalin is human" Rupert said after a long silence and plenty of pacing "It would probably be prudent as well to have Rosalin married as soon as possible to a human man"
"That is up to Rosalin" Marliana insisted "No one is forcing her to do anything"
Rupert nodded in agreement with his wife "It will be completely her choice".

"I'll do it" Rosalin murmured, entering the kitchen from the shadows. Her parents had not known she was listening "The Alpha is at least honorable, he will not pursue me if I am already wed. I would rather marry a human man whom will treat me with respect alone than a werewolf whom will resent me and use me only for my womb"
Marliana and Rupert were silent, staring in concern at their beautiful daughter, so frail with confusion and humiliation. It must have been horrible in that arena and to boot, no comfort from her supposed mate.

"Are you sure, sweetheart? Is that really what you want?" Marliana murmured lovingly "No one wants you to be unhappy, love"
Rosalin nodded "We will deal with me getting married when it should become necessary, but for now I will cut myself off from the palace"
"Very well, dear" Rupert replied "We will respect your wishes"
"Thank you" Rosalin said, her voice shaking a little as she fought back the tears brought on when one was consuming with overwhelming confusion and did not know what to do about it "Thank you, so much"

Rosalin could only hope at this point that she was doing the right thing.

Last edited by Lamenting_Quill on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something.)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 am

It was like he was in a waking nightmare. Thern sat alone in his chamber, poring over his desk of paperwork that he had neglected these past few days, desperately trying to scrub himself clean of the shameful events of the afternoon in doing so. His quill ground into the parchment, ripping it in several places. Not only had the crowd turned viciously on him, but Rosalin herself had fled, rejecting him with what felt like a slap in the face. How dare she, the human wench? The audacity of that wretched girl, to turn her nose up at the most powerful male werewolf in Tea Lar! She had better not show up at the castle gates for work tomorrow, or Thern would personally see her in the city stocks for a night or two.

He was getting that feeling again. That slow, aching longing, that throbbing in his chest... Realizing that his quill had stopped writing, he shook his head to clear the rambling thoughts. I must focus. There are things to be done. He bent back over his desk and wrote a few more lines, then leaned back. The half moon began to shine through the window, filling Thern's chamber with a pale, ghostly light. He stared outside, wondering what would happen to him. He'd have to make some bold moves to get his respect back now. But how?

Thern's train of thought was interrupted when a large brick hurtled through the window, smashing the glass and landing with a muffled THUMP onto the carpeted floor. Startled, Thern jumped to his feet, catching a brief glimpse of two men running off through the courtyard before they disappeared into the night. The cold night air whipped into the room, tossing the velvet curtains back and making an eerie whistle through the shards of glass still attached to the bare window frame. Thern walked around his desk to where the brick lay, boots crunching on the glass fragments, and picked it up. There was a note attached to the bottom, reading, You're next, Thernyl-Gaitos-Fairre!

Also attached to the bottom was a pair of small feathers, one pure black and one pure white. That was the calling card of the Mardolef family, one of his more powerful enemies. They were strongly connected to crime, but much as he tried to convict them, they always managed to worm out of his grasp.

Did they plan to kill him? Were they really going to make that move? Things did not bode well. Dejected, Thern did not even bother to call a servant to repair the window. Instead, he let the cold breeze keep him awake as he settled back down to work at his desk.

Thern's paige boy had gotten stuck on mop duty again. Admittedly it wasn't the worst job he could have had, but right now, he could have complained about anything. He grumbled dejectedly as he pushed the mop back and forth across the tile floor of the deserted entrance hallway. Of course the Mardolefs wouldn't take heed to his new information. It was hardly new at all- every werewolf in town new about it now- and it's not like it was an affair or anything like that that they could use against Thern. There was nothing they could really do now. And all he got for it was a face full of boot and a far-from-gentle escort to the door.

There had to be something he could do, though... If only there was an affair, or something else he could use to blackmail his master, anything at all. He leaned against a wall to take a quick breather before the night guard caught him slacking on the job.

Naturally, the boy was very surprised when the wall gave out beneath his weight, swiveling around and dumping him into a dark passage. Peeling his face off the ground, the boy felt around him for a wall, and followed the wall forward. What was this? A secret passage? Now this was an interesting find. He wondered where it led to.

The boy reached the end of the dark corridor, where there was a ladder leading up to a trapdoor in the ceiling. The door was open just enough to let a sliver of light peek through. Tentatively, the boy ascended the ladder and lifted the trapdoor a crack, peering out into the new room.

At first he didn't recognize it, but when he saw the decorated feet of Thern's writing desk, he realized that he was standing just underneath his master's room. Under the bed, if the heavy shadow and copious amounts of accumulated dust were any indication. He couldn't believe his luck. He had stumbled upon a secret passageway that lead straight to Thern's chamber.

Suddenly, the paige boy didn't feel quite so much like complaining anymore.

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:46 am

Rosalin shifted and squirmed upon her bed, tossing her head fitfully in her sleep. It was as if she was trying to protest some bizzare nightmare attempting to ensnare her.
It was in those instances of trying to find comfort upon the slightly uncomfortable mattress that she noticed it was no longer uncomfortable, it was of the most heavenly softness.

Her eyelids flew open to see very unfamiliar surroundings, very elegant and dimly lit by scattered candelabras. What in the world was going on? Where was she?
"Do you like it, Rosalin?" A familiar male voice growled, a growl that sent sensual shivers up her spine. She knew who it was even before he began to crawl up her length from the foot of the large bed. Thern.
"Thern... I..." Rosalin started before she was silenced by his lips crashing down upon her own, swallowing whatever words she meant to say in the fierce possessive kiss.
"You are mine" He growled softly against her lips as he came up for air, his right hand stroking sensually down the right side of her body. It was as if he was trying to completely cover her in his scent.
"MINE" He growled before he lunged his face into her neck and bit down hard.

Rosalin screamed and sat up, looking all around her to find that it had all been just a strange dream, she was safe at home and Thern was no where to be seen. It had not been real.
"Oh gods, what is happening to me?" Rosalin murmured as she tiredly massaged her face. It was a miracle her parents had not awakened.
Maybe she should marry a human man, then maybe all of this would stop once she was no longer available. Or perhaps... this would continue and she would suffer throughout her entire marriage, torturing both herself and Thern.

The queen paced her chambers worriedly as she awaited her son, she knew it was late but it was important. This would destroy Thern if he did not mate with Rosalin soon, she was his other half and had been recognized by him as such.
"Rosy... Sweetheart, why did you run? Were you afraid?" The queen murmured softly as she stared out her window "The things you saw and heard, oh my poor girl, I am so sorry. Please come back, my Thern needs you"

Rourke O'Callahan could not believe his luck. Rosalin had rejected the Alpha werewolf, leaving him free to marry her himself. He saw no reason why Rosalin should turn him down now, she would be such a beautiful bride.
He closed his eyes as he thought of Rosalin's beauty, her long flowing hair like the deepest wine so rich and thick, her green eyes so very much like sparkling emeralds. He reached out a hand as if to try and touch her moonlight soft skin.
Rourke jumped as he jerked his hand back from his dreams as the sound of a fierce growl, he looked around the dark alley but saw nothing aside from the usual shadows.

"Warn me all you like, flea bag" Rourke grumbled as he leaned his back against the brick wall of the alley way "She rejected you and now it is my turn"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:20 am

Morning came. The sun crawled timidly out of the safety of the horizon, inching its way through varying degrees of dusky purple and molten pink until it shone, strong and confident, in the center of the sky. Its rays glittered prettily through the shattered shards of glass still stuck to Thern's chamber window. The intensifying sunlight crept up to the sleeping lump of cloth and messy brown hair that was draped over Thern's writing desk, teasing him until he awoke with an annoyed grunt, peeling his eyes open to the new day. He groaned, leaning back in his uncomfortable chair, rubbing his face to chase off the lingering traces of sleep. I must have fallen asleep at some point, he thought to himself as he eyed the crumpled mess of parchment and spilled ink on his desk. The sun hung high in the sky. Morning was almost over. Grumbling, Thern began to smooth out his ruined documents. He would have to send them to be rewritten, with a note of apology for the delay...

Thern stopped his work suddenly, holding his hands out at arm's length. They were shaking violently, as if he'd drunk an entire pot of black tea. The aching came back to him in a rush. This isn't funny anymore. He clutched his head in his hands, shaking it to shake off that feeling, giving himself a headache.

Thankfully, Thern was interrupted by a brisk knocking on his door. "Come in," Thern growled, standing up from his chair and reaching for his cloak. Hopefully this wouldn't take too long.

A young servant stepped into the room. She bowed briefly, then procured a scroll from a pocket in her dress. Unrolling it, she read, "Master Thern, your presence is requested in the royal court immediately. There are a few confidential matters that need to be discussed."

Thern pulled a hood over his head, checking his reflection in a nearby mirror to make sure it concealed his face. "Oh? And who, pray tell, sent for me, hmm? My mother, perhaps?"

The servant rolled up the scroll, tucking it neatly back in her pocket. "I have been given strict orders to keep that confidential. However, I will tell you that the matter is urgent, and-"

Thern cut the bumbling idiot off mid-sentence. "I don't have time for this. Tell them I'm out hunting, or dead, or something." He pushed past the servant into the hallway, ignoring her stuttering pleas as he made his way out of the castle. He needed to be out of that sickening place. He needed a little cheering up.

The Glaston Pub was arguably the sketchiest place in Tea Lar, but despite the frequent bar fights, slovenly drunkards, and immodest young couples adorning the ramshackle pile of plywood and dirt, Thern could think of no place where he felt more at home. He was disappointed that he would have to remain in disguise while out in the town, as he would have loved to have a little fun with the guys, but he didn't dare show his face to the public after what happened yesterday. He opened the swinging pub doors and entered, ducking with practiced ease to avoid being hit by a flying beer bottle, and settled into his favorite bar stool. The bartender, Phillip, lumbered over to where Thern sat. He was the largest werewolf Thern had ever met, with biceps the size of melons and a beer belly that could stop a high-speed cannonball. He shifted his cigar from one side of his mouth to the other, scowling at Thern as if he could almost make out the familiar face beneath the hood. Eventually, he asked, in a gruff voice, "Wot can ai do ye for, stranger?"

Thern laid a few coins on the counter. "Warm me up with a bourbon, on the rocks, and keep 'em coming."

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Rosalin rubbed her temples desperately as she leaned the broom she'd been using against the kitchen wall, when would this stop?

"I won't do it" Rosalin insisted softly, putting her foot down against nature and its demands that she returned to her 'mate' "I will not go to him. He does not even want me, why should I go? I won't. I refuse. Leave me alone"

The aching just seemed to get worse as she fought it, this was madness. Would Thern ever truly let her go? He hated humans, so why was he so desperately clinging to her mind, his spirit trying to pull at hers.

"Rosalin, are you alright?"

The new voice distracted Rosalin from her thought and she turned around to see none other than Rourke, her most persistent suitor as of yet "Rourke, what are you doing here?"

"I am the new stable hand" Rourke replied, reaching out to steady the beautiful redhead as she swayed as if dizzy "Is something wrong? Is it the wolf?"

Rosalin shook her head to ward off the subject and fixed her emerald gaze on Rourke with fierce determination, she would not allow Thern's face to fill her mind "I will be alright, it will go away"

"You can only hope it will" Rourke countered, his sapphire eyes intent as his gazed upon Rosalin's lovely visage; he would have her "I can help you, rosey, I can help you make him stop..."

Rosalin looked into Rourke's eyes tiredly, exhausted from the stress on her mind and spirit "How can you help me?"

"Marry me, Rosalin" Rourke replied firmly "Make yourself unavailable, be with me instead of him. He will throw in the towel"

"That girl should marry Lord Thern" The widow Baroness said delicately as Marliana swept out the Baroness's favorite parlor room "She will only inflict more suffering upon herself the longer she denies their bond. Marliana... They must mate... your daughter will only suffer more and more until they do"

Marliana sighed and gazed towards the Baroness "Rosey is so afraid of all of this. They humiliated her, my lady. I could see the tears in her eyes that she refused to allow to fall. She thought she hid them, but I knew they were there"

The Baroness nodded "That is the problem with the younger generation of werewolves these days, they have no respect for the laws of nature. Finding ones mate is a blessed miracle that show be looked up with awe and be cherished"

Marliana was not sure how to respond as she continued to work at a none-existment pile of dust on the shimmering wood floor. It was true that Rosalin suffered, even though the stubborn girl hid it and denied it. It tortured Marliana to watch her sweet girl suffer like this, but what could she do?

"Rosalin said he did not want her, he acted so cold towards her. She said she could feel his resentment, his anger and humiliation towards her" Marliana murmured "She was so broken when she came home. So shaken"

The Baroness nodded sadly "Lord Thern has had a negative attitude about humans for awhile now. He will soon come to realize though his mistakes, he will find he cannot survive without Rosalin by his side. He will come for her, Marliana, if this continues any longer... Lord Thern will not be able to endure the torment anymore and he will seek out your daughter"

When Marliana was silent, the Baroness continued "Marliana, if Lord Thern's desire for Rosalin is pushed that far, it is unlikely any of you will see her again for a little while. He will want her all to himself for many months. Probably until pups grow within her"

Marliana sighed and looked to the Baroness"I know you are right, my Lady, what should I do? I need your wisdom"

"Speak to her, Marliana, have her meet with Lord Thern. The two of them must speak about these things. It cannot go on like this, for both of their sakes" The Baroness said "Tell me when she agrees and I will send a letter to Lord Thern myself to meet with Rosalin here in my house, away from prying eyes"
"Thank you, my Lady, so much" Marliana replied with genuine gratitude.

Rourke pressed Rosalin against the kitchen wall, his body covering hers ever so intimately. "Marry me, Rosey. I will make you far happier than he ever could and the suffering you endure will stop. Let me protect you" He whispered against her lips.
Rosalin felt revulsion rise up within her, boiling in her stomach. Rourke's touch made her feel sick, as if she needed to throw up "Rourke, enough! Get off, please!"

Stung, Rourke backed off and watched Rosalin rush to the sink and empty the contents of her stomach into it. He felt so angry and rejected at this point, his touch made her sick with disgust. This was all the flea bag's fault.

"Please go back to the stables" Rosalin murmured softly, still hanging over the sink. Her hands grasped the edge of the sink so tightly that her knuckles were white. She seemed as if she was in pain "Please, you need to leave me right now"

With a furious look upon his face and an irritated grunt, Rourke turned and left the kitchen without a single word. Curse that dog and his hold over Rosalin.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Rosalin whispered softly, as if Thern could hear her "Why do you torture me like this? Let me go"
Rosalin could swear she heard a tiny whisper of 'Never'.

Marliana waited within the parlor and stand erect when the old Baroness returned "The letter has been sent, are you sure you can persuade her?"
"Absolutely" Marliana replied "She must do this, cannnot force herself to suffer like this anymore. I won't let her"
The Baroness nodded "My letter will reach Lord Thern quickness due to my status, he will be here soon. You should go talk to her now"
Marliana nodded and curtseyed to the noble werewolf, she exited the parlor to go to the kitchens where Rosalin should be.

Rosalin was cleaning up the sink when Marliana arrived, making her wonder what happened there, Rosalin had already cleaned the sink this morning.
"Rosalin, my love" Marliana said, getting her daughter's attention "We need to talk, my darling"

Rosalin nodded and set down her rag before approaching her mother "What is it?"
"The Baroness has arranged for us to have Lord Thern come here in private so the two of you can talk about all of this before it goes too far" Marliana replied, continuing quickly before Rosalin could freak out "You must do this, Rosey, I know how you suffer and it will not stop until things between you and Lord Thern was settled"

Rosalin sighed heavily and nodded "Alright, alright. I will meet with him"
"Good" Marliana replied with relief "We will go to the Baroness's parlor now and await Lord Thern, the Baroness assures me that her letter will make it to him immediately. No matter where he is, he will get it".
Rosalin nodded and left the kitchens with her mother.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:47 pm

The alcohol made Thern feel a lot better. The pain in his chest and the inexplicable longing were replaced by dizziness, nausea, and a faint, pleasant sleepiness. He was just waving at the barkeep for a twelfth round, when suddenly the pub doors creaked open, and one of Thern's servants walked in. She spotted him and cried, "Master Thern! Is that you?"

Thern froze as all eyes in the pub turned to him. After an awkward silence, a scrawny voice sounded out, "Thern is HERE? In OUR tavern?!"

The pub came alive with shouting voices as Thern's friends began bad-mouthing him. "You got rejected by a human, and now you have the nerve to come back to us the very next day?" "That's just fucked up!" "Get the hell out of here before I break your jaw!"

Thern glared at his servant. "You... little... BITCH."

Thern's jaw made a solid crack as a nearby werewolf's fist plowed into it. The metallic tang of blood filled his mouth. He backed away from his attacker, only to get grabbed from behind by another werewolf. He took three more direct hits to the face and one to the stomach before he managed to wrench free, sprinting for the exit. He grabbed the servant by the wrist, yanking her out of the pub as he ran for cover in the nearest alleyway. Out of breath and dizzy, Thern snarled at the girl, 'Why did you do that? I told you to leave me alone! The whole town is after me!'

The servant stammered, 'I... I was told to deliver this message to you... Please forgive me, Master Thern...' She held out a scroll with trembling hands.

Thern snatched the scroll from her, steadying his swaying frame against a nearby wall. He could barely read the neat handwriting with his vision blurred as it was. The letters danced across the parchment, but he managed to make out the message. Dear Lord Thern, please come to the Baroness Hardge's manor immediately. It is imperative that... Thern didn't bother reading the rest. He whirled on his simpering servant, 'What is the meaning of this? Why must you pester me with these pointless endeavors? You'll be lucky to keep your job after I'm through with you.'

With that, he left the girl cowering in the alleyway, sobbing quietly. He wasn't sure why he decided to go. He was very visibly drunk, and must have been quite a sight staggering down the street as he was. He knew where the Baroness Hardge's place was, though. Everyone knew. He stood swaying before the tall, iron gates for a brief moment, contemplating what excuse he would make. He felt something wet trickle down his cheek and realized that he was bleeding. Probably not the best condition for him to be presenting himself, but at this point, he was too drunk and tired to care.

He could never have been prepared for what awaited him inside, however. Rosalin was sitting in the main parlor of the manor, along with the rest of her family and the Baroness's family. It almost felt like an intervention. He would have laughed at the comical situation if not for the painfully grave expressions on everyone's faces. He coughed nervously. 'I, uh, I hope I'm not interrupting something...'

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Rosalin looked up as Thern entered the parlor, she could feel her heart clench in her chest when she saw him. She was filled with a powerful longing, an insatiable itch to reach out and touch him. For him to touch her...

No! She could not allow herself to melt into a puddle of mush like that, not right now. Rosalin refused to bend until she knew that he would not resent her if she accepted him.

The Baroness Hardge grasped Rosalin by her elbow and lifted her semi-gently from the sofa, giving her a slight push towards Thern "Go with him, Rosalin. The two of you need to talk this out"

"He's drunk" Rosalin murmured insistently to the Baroness "How do I know any of this will penetrate that thick skull of his with the influence of all that booze"

The Baroness took a good look at Thern and nodded, she moved the a chest sitting against the wall and withdrew from it a small vial of purple liquid "My mate used to drink this whenever he became too intoxicated... My lord, would you please drink this? For Rosalin's sake... Do not deny that you wish her at your side. You must have suffered greatly from her absence, in more ways than one, I assume the erections were painful"

Rosalin blushed furiously and stared down at the floor, she could hardly believe what she had just heard the Baroness say. Then again, the she-wolf was old and seasoned, probably wasn't fazed anymore by such talk.
Thinking about Thern having an erection was the very last thing Rosalin wanted to think about right now, especially when every time she looked at him thoughts of satin sheets and moonlight crept into her mind. It made her feel wanton.
She lifted her emerald gaze from the floor and fixed it upon Thern, hoping he would drink the potion offered by the Baroness. Rosalin did not wish to be left alone with a drunk and angry werewolf.

Rourke sat outside of the parlor moments after he watched the Lord Thern walk in to see Rosalin. It filled him with rage to think about that flea bag coming here to seduce and mate with his sweet Rosalin. If the girl was not so naive, then maybe she would not be so quick to think that wedding the Alpha was perhaps a good idea in the long run. Such foolishness!
He saw Rosalin take the vial from the Baroness Hardge as he peaked in, the beautiful redhead walked forward bravely and extended her hand holdinging the vial of sobering potion. He could practically feel Thern's urge to reach out, grab Rosalin and take her somewhere far away until she worshipped him. Stupid arrogant flea bag.

"Please take this..." Rosalin murmured "Thern..."
She saw him tense visisbly when she said his name aloud, but it was not in a bad way. He seemed almost to shudder with pleasure as every syllable of his name left her rose pink lips. Rosalin had to do her very best to remain calm, letting herself be spooked by the raw passion displayed by werewolves would do her ill at this point.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 am

He had only just arrived, and already the Baroness was pushing Thern to drink this strange vial of liquid. He recognized it as one of those sobering agents that frequent drinkers were prescribed to keep them from breaking up their families and ruining their lives. But Thern had only started drinking because he wanted to get drunk. He wanted the feeling to stay, because it prevented him from feeling that irresistible pull, that horrible longing, that... pain. Even with Rosalin in the room, all Thern felt was a dull thudding in his chest, as if a small creature was trapped in his ribcage, pounding against it to break free. And if he took the medication, then it would all come whirling back, and he would be helpless again.

But even when he politely refused, they continued to urge him to drink it, insisting that it would be for the best. It took him every ounce of willpower to keep himself from shouting and causing a scene, and that made him decide that perhaps he ought to drink the potion after all. He took it hesitantly, downing it in one swallow. It tasted of spoiled pumpkins and salt water. He grimaced, letting the liquid seep into his bloodstream, letting the molten desire flare up once again. He opened his eyes, and all he could see was Rosalin. The Baroness's rather blunt comment about his manhood didn't even phase him now. In spite of himself, in spite of everything he stood for, in spite of the entire city of Tea Lar, there was only one thing in the world that Thern wanted and, as gently has he could manage, he took her hands in his. He knew what he had to do.

"Rosalin, I... I'm sorry. For everything. I know it's hard for you, but... well, tell me. What is on your mind? What is it that you needed to speak with me about?" He turned toward the door so that they might have a more private place to chat, and caught sight of a young man sitting in the doorway, glaring daggers. Who was that? He could have sworn he'd seen that face before...

Immediately, as if of its own accord, paranoia struck Thern. Rosalin couldn't possibly be... Well, after the way he had reacted, he had almost expected her to find another mate. But so soon? 'Rosalin, what is the meaning of this? Are you...?' Thern felt hurt. He shouldn't have. He tried to hide it. But at this point, he was pretty sure there was nothing he could hide from Rosalin. She could read him like a book.

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:56 am

When Thern took her hands into his, Rosalin felt the painful ache in her chest subside immediately. She felt at peace and even happy, she could feel Thern's feelings about his mate surround her like a protective cloak shielding her from the noisy outside world.

Then almost just as quick, she felt Thern's emotions take a turn to hurt and jealousy as he looked towards the parlor entrance. She quickly noticed the platinum blonde hair and the flashing sapphire eyes alight with rage, Rourke. The twit had followed her, it made her wonder just how often Rourke had taken to following her.

Rosalin swiftly turned back to Thern and took his hands into hers once more "No! He followed me here, he cornered me in the kitchens and tried to seduce me. I told him no and then he kissed me, he took off in a huff when I got sick. I don't know, I just felt so ill when he touched me like that"

Rourke glared at Rosalin, his frame shook with anger "You would have said yes if this flea bag wasn't involved in all of this! You are just a common whore after all, a male with power says you're his mate and you jump for it!"

Shock filled Rosalin upon Rourke's angry outburst, first he was spouting sonnets and asking her to marry him then he was calling her names and screaming at her when he didn't get his way. What an eye opener, shows you how much you really knew a person.

Well, thats not all too true. Rosalin knew for quite some time that Rourke dealt with some serious issues with his temper, he always had. Since they were kids, Rosalin had tried to help him to control his temper but he just didn't think he had a problem.

Rosalin took a step back to sort of hide behind Thern's body, he wouldn't allow Rourke to lay even a finger on her. Thern's body was already tense and erect, he obviously was not very happy with the words spoken to her from Rourke's mouth. Her mother also looked pretty ticked off.

"Rourke, if you are wise" Rosalin warned as she studied her mate-to-be "You would leave and go back to work"
Hmmm... She wasn't quite sure when she had come to think of Thern as her soon to be mate, but after all of this, she could not endure to deny it anymore. It felt too good to admit it to herself.

"Shut up, flea bag fucker" Rourke snarled at Rosalin, he was obviously very angry about being brushed off for a werewolf.

The Baroness took this opportunity to ease Rosalin back with herself and Marliana "Trust me dear, you'll want to stay out of the way. If there is one thing a person should not do in front of a werewolf, that would be to insult his mate"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Thern twitched. If this little runt thought he could get away with insulting his mate like that, then he would quickly learn as he watched his entrails splatter across the Baroness's luxurious carpet. Thern wanted Rourke dead, and the more he tried to suppress his murderous intent, the more it swelled up inside him, threatening to burst out in a fit of raw, violent rage.

It finally got to the point where he could take it no longer. With a loud, angry snarl, Thern lunged for Rourke's throat, grabbing his scrawny little neck with both hands and hoisting him into the air. His choking gasps were like music to Thern's ears. Still holding him aloft with one hand, he proceeded to punch him brutally in the stomach several times before throwing him to the ground, gasping for air and coughing up blood. He gave him one final kick for good measure, his foot crunching pleasantly into Rourke's ribcage. "You'd better stay the fuck away from Rosalin, you filthy little codpiece, or I swear, I will make you rue the day you popped out of your mother's rancid womb."

Anger alleviated, but not quite gone, Thern closed his eyes, not wishing to look at Rosalin just yet. "Don't think this is over yet." He growled, low and menacing. "You made a fool of me, Rosalin. You've brought the whole of Tea Lar against me, even endangered my life, and now you have the gall to go behind my back and involve yourself with this..." He stopped himself from saying 'human.' "This... ruffian." He turned to Rosalin, his eyes smoldering with the painful remains of a once angry fire. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. He simply did not know what to do anymore.

Thern's paige boy held tightly to the brim of his hat as he hurried down the narrow city streets. The wind was beginning to pick up, and he expected that a storm would soon be upon him. He needed to get to a nice, dry place so he could enjoy a nice cigarette without rain threatening to put it out. Hearing the rumbling of thunder overhead, he picked up his pace from a quick walk to an outright sprint. The closest place he could safely take shelter in without being seen was the Baroness Hardge's manor. He didn't like the old bag, but she probably wouldn't even notice him there. He jumped the tall iron gate leading into her back garden and hastily glanced around before settling in a covered gazebo. He fished a grungy box out of his coat pocket, pulling out the last cigarette with his teeth as he searched through his pants for matches.

He had just finished lighting up when the first raindrops began to fall. Breathing deeply, he closed his eyes as he contemplated his situation, subconsciously puffing smoke rings. He didn't dare go back to the Mardolef family with his new information. Not only was it dangerous after the reception he had been welcomed with, but he didn't even want them to have the satisfaction of offing Thern. He wanted to get Thern personally, to make him know that it was the little paige boy all along, and to make him beg forgiveness while the hammer of judgment came crashing down. But... he couldn't just KILL him. He'd never killed anybody in his life, let alone the Alpha male of a booming city. He needed help... but who would help him, a lowly paige boy?

Suddenly, he heard muffled shouts from within the mansion. He turned slightly and peered through one of the back windows that was left partly uncovered by curtains. There was a shuffle of movement, and then Thern's unmistakable figure passed briefly across the window as his voice boomed across the garden. Why was HE here?! He was about to high tail it out of the Baroness's garden, enjoyment of his cigarette forgotten, when he saw Thern lift a young boy into the air by his throat. The paige boy crouched in the gazebo, a faint inkling of hope scratching at his nerves. He pulled thoughtfully on his cigarette. It wouldn't hurt to wait and see, right?

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Rosalin followed Thern outside to see him toss Rourke out onto the street, she touched his shoulder to prevent him from doing any more damage than necessary to the stubborn fool.
"That is enough, Thern" Rosalin soothed as best she could despite her quivering limbs "Rourke chased me, I did not chase him. I have told him no many times. I am so sorry for everything, you must understand how terrified and confused I have been"

She took a deep breath before pulling Thern gently back into the foyer of the Baroness's house, closing the door behind them. She ignored Rourke's shouting.
"I have been doing a lot of thinking think that day I... left, I have suffered and come to understand the seriousness of this. I will go with you if that is still your wish, I will mate with you... on one condition... promise me that you will not resent my presence or the fact that your mate is human"

Rosalin was quiet for a few minutes before she continued "I cannot bare to be married to a man whom resents me for what I am, I want to be happy. Can you give that to me? If you think you can, I will mate you right now if you wanted"
She was not sure where this burst of courage was coming from, but she sure was going to take advantage of it when she needed it the most. Like right now for instance.

Rourke lifted himself off the ground, his entire body aching and his throat feeling like an elephant had sat on it. He felt humiliated and rejected, he saw how the flea bag looked at Rosalin and how that bitch returned the looks.
He limped his way through the gardens when he sensed another person, he turned and saw what appeared to be a human page boy.
Grunting, Rourke sneered "What are you staring at? Go about your business"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 pm

She was trying so hard to be strong. Quite admirable, in its own way; she was so small and frail, like a delicate flower, painted pale blue with morning frost, and even as her voice shook and her chin trembled, her eyes burned with a courage that Thern knew he would never possess. He had never been weak, brittle. He had always been the tough one, the fighter. He never had to worry about finding a job, or being pressured into unwanted marriages. And even as he seethed with rage and unfulfilled violent outburst, he couldn't help but feel at ease as Rosalin gently guided him back into the foyer. Her soft words melted the layers of hatred that had caked onto his shoulders, and he soon forgot Rourke. He would not give Rosalin any more trouble. Not while Thern was around.

Rain began to fall, and wet rivulets streamed down the windows, blurring the view of the garden that lay beyond. Fractured raindrop shadows danced on Rosalin's skin, emphasizing the dappled contours of her throat and cheekbones. There was no holding back now.

Thern took Rosalin's chin in his hand and brought her lips to his, venting all his pent up energy into a fiery, passionate kiss. When they pulled away, he whispered in her ear, "I want nothing more than for you to be happy, Rosalin. I will cherish you."

Thern's paige-boy smirked at the man who had just been catapulted out of the Baroness' mansion, choking and limping. He sat back in the gazebo and pulled on his cigarette, puffing a sarcastic smoke ring before replying, "Waow, sirrah, yew really gotcher arse 'anded to ya, huh?"

Raising an eyebrow at the furious look on the guy's face, he said, "Whoa, now, Oi'm not meanin' tae start a fight, here. Oi'm on yore side. We ain't all dat diff'rent, yew an' me." He nodded toward the manor window, wherein Thern could be seen speaking with his human mate. "That bloke... what'd you call 'im... that fleabag? Me an' 'im, yeah, we ain't been too friendly wit' each other."

Realizing he didn't have any more cigarettes left, he took the one he was smoking out of his mouth, holding it out at arm's length as a sort of peace offering.

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:45 pm

As Thern lifted his lips from Rosalin's, she was still half out of it with a dreamy look upon her face. Her eyes were clearly slightly darker than normal with a desire she had never before imagined possible.
She smiled and nodded as he vowed to be a good husband and mate to her, then gently wound her arms around his shoulders and returned her lips to his. It was so beautiful, the way warmth and and joy filled her like a tidal wave when their lips met. Rosalin could only imagine what it would be like when Thern to her to his bed to claim her, to leave a scent upon her skin that all male werewolves would recognize and know Rosalin was Thern's woman.

His woman... the thought filled her core would with such a powerful white hot desire, she could get the idea from her mind of how it would feel to have Thern make love to her. This had to be one of effects that came with a prolonged wait on mating when each other's mate had been recognized. Thern was no doubt experiencing the very same thing.
"I want you" Rosalin murmured against his lips, a soft maidenly blush staining her cheeks as the hot desire grew and grew to a boiling heat "I need you... I feel like... like I will melt down with this heat if you do not take me soon... Thern... Lets get out of here, now... I cannot wait any longer, I have to be beneath you"

Rourke took another drag from the cigarette and blew it from his mouth harshly as he and the paige stood near the foyer window, listening "Wanton bitch"
He turned and looked at the other human male "Whatever you are thinking, count me in. Only once you get want you want, you must hand Rosalin over to me. I will teach her a lesson myself, she will regret choosing that mutt over me"

"Where are they?" Marliana fretted as she paced the parlor, nervously rubbing her lips.
The Baroness chuckled and smiled at the pacing human woman "Do not expect them back any time soon, dear Marliana, I imagine they are going to wish some alone time. They have been apart for too long, they will feel the need to mate"
Marliana blushed and nodded, the werewolf ways were odd but it was not like there were any of options for Rosalin that did not include horrible suffering that held no cure.

Standing, the Baroness moved the window and opened the drapes "Do not worry any longer, Marliana. The Lord Thern will be very good to Rosalin, she is his entire world now. There is nothing more important to him than she is"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves Hacksaw Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Thern's paige boy lamented the loss of his cigarette, but it was a small price to pay for the ally he had earned for it. "Mmm..." He stroked his chin thoughtfully, "Oi'll admit, she is a purty liddle thing, c'n see whoi ya like 'er. But Oi've no int'rest in dat stuff yet. Oi'm just a kid..."

He pulled his stovepipe hat over his face, trying to shut out the sight of the parlor window, wherein his master eagerly made off with a pretty young girl. He didn't deserve such a kind fate. Thern had been hateful to him, and to every other servant in the castle, for his entire life. So why did he get to be so wealthy and powerful, while kind, meek, helpless souls like himself had to grovel before every werewolf's feet and scrounge for every meal? It wasn't fair.

"Oi just..." He mumbled into his hat, "Just needja tae do one liddle fing fer me... There's a way in... Oi c'n getcha in the castle..." He couldn't believe he was suggesting it, and to a complete stranger. But, well, maybe he just wanted revenge that badly. Thern was evil. And all evil must die.

He jumped out of his reverie when the parlor window drapes snapped open, revealing the Baroness and another woman in plain view. She had seen them. Swearing profusely, he sprinted for the gate, leaping deftly over it and shouting, "Run!"

Thern shuddered with insane, guilty pleasure. He had turned into a completely different person during that short time frame. He rolled onto his back, breathing heavily. Only now did he notice the bed in which he lay, sweaty and exhausted, but unimaginably fulfilled. He did not know whose bed it was, but he pitied the servant who would have to change the sheets. Turning to Rosalin, he gently wrapped his arms around her bare shoulders, burying his face in her neck and growling into her hair. She murmured gently in response. His hands wandered down her sides, pulling her closer to him, the skin contact sending pangs of delight through his body. He wished he could stay there with he for eternity, lying there in her hair, tangled in her limbs, drowning in her essence. And for a while, it seemed as if it would never end.

Softly, ever so softly, he whispered into her ear, "You are mine..."

Peeves Hacksaw
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:17 pm

The feeling that filled her now was too wonderful to explain with words, she felt as if she have suddenly found the meaning of existence there in Thern's arms. Rosalin knew she would feel better after being claimed between the sheets by Thern, but this was just pure ethereal magic; like heaven has just been shown to her.
As Thern brought her closer to his bare body and growled into her hair, she felt a shiver of delight course through her fragile female frame and moaned softly in response as if to let him know that she found bliss in his embrace.

His mating mark still stung upon the base of her neck, but on occasion he would caress it with his surprisingly soft lips and the mark would be swept over with a soothing relief. She was surprised at how baring his mark filled her with a fulfilled pleasure and a great pride, everyone whom saw her neck would know whom she belonged to; She was the great Alpha Thern's woman, his mate.
Excitement refused to leave her chest as she contemplated not only the virility of werewolves in general, but the Alpha above all; she could even now have his seed fertilizing in her womb.

Baring Thern a child was not a frightening thought as other servants has described, the idea of it made her feel so very warm inside. Rosalin no longer doubted even a small bit the joy she would experience forever and ever in Thern's arms as his wife and the mother of his children.

"You are mine" he whispered into her ear, sending shivers of erotic delight through her center.

"Yes" Rosalin responded softly, cuddling close to the werewolf Alpha that by werewolf laws was now her husband due to the very special mark left upon her skin. She smiled softly to herself, she would bare that mark forever until the day she died binding her eternally to her Alpha mate "I am yours, forever and ever. Only yours"

As soon as it was safe to stop running, Rourke turned on the youth with a determined fire in his angry gaze "Now tell me, tell your plans. I must have vengeance upon the werewolf scum for stealing Rosalin from me!"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down