FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: World-Building OOC

+14
quakernuts
Crazy Hobo
Chainlinc3
Gadreille
Eternity
Fluesopp
Guilty Carrion
Dax
Hello Danger
Buzzwulf
Bird of Hermes
Kalon Ordona II
Kathryn Lacey
Shadow Moonseye
18 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 9 Empty Re: Emoria: World-Building OOC

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 pm

K, this hasn't gotten across to people so I'm going to say it in big bold letters:

IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION YOU WANT UPDATED, SEND IT TO ME VIA PM IN THE SAME FORMAT AS THE INFORMATION SECTION.

The format being:
Culture
Lore
Powers

If only one section needs updating, label that one section. If there is info in all five, then label all five sections and make sure your new information is in the relevant space. Silvone and I have already pulled apart your CS sheets once, we can't afford to do that over and over again, looking for new information. it's too difficult. HELP US KEEP THE INFO UPDATED!

I'm currently fixing up the info section and there are a LOT of holes. Please, if there is a hole and you've got dirt to fill it, give it to us. I'm too busy these days to finish it on my onesies.

Edit: I've currently updated as much of the info thread as I dare...I'm already exhausted...but you should find that irrelevant worldspaces have been erased (if you dig through the info thread, their original CS's still stand, and always will), the geography sections have been updated (BTW, there are quite a few still missing their descriptions...I'll have to be making some for Miran Isles and the Suituria...) and sentient species is finished as can be without your participation. I do plan on trying to get the Lycan's and Jasidin fleshed out, and hopefully the rest of you may follow by example. It is something that, however antsy you are for IC game play, you can always do if waiting for your turn.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:21 am

I just wanna say it, a simple clarification, Ryona, but I'm not planning to drag up any of the Alos stuff. It's been decided. S'buried.

I was not refering to the species created for the Mountains of Night. I have made them all, knowingly expecting massive casualties and possible extinction for each of them. Would I like to see them possibly linger on in the world, as the various things that go bump in the night? Absolutely. But, if they vanish, I won't be depressed. They were created for it.

I was refering to my own personal world space, that of Korun Otak and the Tynir themselves. I've felt many a time that everyone simple views them as genocidal rabid animals for everyone to smash and crush for righteousness or some such nonsense. I won't try and explain the reasoning for their alliance, I'm not repeating myself again about it. They had their motivations, and hopes and did what they saw as a route to their goals.

I don't want 'good' guys. I don't want the Tynir converting to the ways of Talonia or some such. I want the species I created, and the characters I crafted to exist and live as I intended, not be forced into conversion so I don't have to send them all to their grave. Just like you yourself felt that it wouldn't work for Thendari to, as an example from a conversation we've had, breed with species outside of their own, due to their naturally reclusive nature, I myself feel that the Tynir would share a extermely similar stigma towards outside carnal relations, due to simple factors of lack of offspring and basic attraction.

Or, in a combat sense, you felt that it would be next to impossible for the Ordingaunts to overcome the Thendari Militia. I felt that in a situation presented to me awhile ago(and please don't take this the wrong way, danger, its just a good example, not a strike againest you or anything.) it would make little sense for a Tynir to remove it's helmet in combat and present Boyd with a easy shot on it's skull.

I think it's best described as...compromise, but still respecting what is actually there. In my example, I would be fine with Boyd coming up with a clever(and possibly highly dangerous to his own well being) way to defeat his attacker to overcome the hindrance of it's armour. By no means do I want to make the Tynir unkillable machines of death, I just want for the compromises to respect what they are, and who they are.

In your example, I made the Sirens, a more subterfuge-esque style method of defeating the Paladins. A cancer they don't catch until it's very well underway. Respecting that the Thendari are skilled in combat, but compromising to further benefit the story. A brief side note: Buzz tossed out the thought that, since the sirens appearence and actions make them notable light aligned, it might be more possible for them to be acceptable 'life-partners' with Thendari, but that's more something we could discuss in PMs.(When I actually get around to making them. >_>)

I hope that clarifies my concerns and thoughts on the matter.

Now, I myself have some small things to...unveil? Might not be the right word, but it's my general thoughts towards three of the Tynir 'characters' eventually outcomes from the war.

First, we have Ea'kau. She's the First General of Meyul, and formerly a Liel commanding one of the largest Kinnats in Korun Otak. Due to her pride, personaility, and absolute loyalty to the goals of the Lady, I suspect that, likely on the big push back by the northern forces(I'm going to stop calling them the forces of good, since I feel the moral ambiguity is better) she will die. Capture is also a possiblity, but in the event of capture, she would do all possible to either free herself...or die. So, Ea'kau will 98% likely not survive the war.

Next, is Liluaane. She's been introduced, and will slowly garner a larger role(at least in the south) as the plot line continues. She is Ayurent's Pupil, and is meant to replace him when the need arises. Which, as you will see below this, will be at the very latest, the end of the war. She's to be important, and will function as the calm advisor to Meyul after Ayurent. She's likely to survive the war, and at most, I suspect she'll be involved with Kvatch, meaning she will be...'weakened' by an event that occurs there during the brief but fierce combat.

Ayurent, everyone's favorite elder Tynir, will be a minor character after the war itself. Should a good concept, and plot be brought to my attention, I am open to the possiblity of him possibly dying over the course of the war. If he survives it, he will resigned from his post, without fail. He's reaching his twilight years, and wishes to spend the ones he has left with the one he should have spent ALL his years with.(Subtle hints! Hehehe! I'm looking forward to that!) Regardless of it's outcome, Ayurent will be a mostly supporting character come wars end, or a driving force of his daughter's actions simply in memory, with a distinct possiblity of him receiving the first EVER Tynir monument.

I felt it best to share that.

Thanks for reading,
Plaguewalker
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 am

I made two major posts in other RPs last night and today. I'm that much closer to an Emoria post. Should be forthcoming within the next couple of days. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 am

I can't believe I missed both Ryona's and Plaguewalker's posts! o.O
I must have meant to read them but didn't. I'm sorry! I feel like such a bad person! Crying or Very sad

Just so we're clear, I think the Tynir are awesome. Very Happy I haven't thought of them as actual villains. More like how it seems you intended, a bit more morally ambiguous--possibly able to be persuaded to go back to keeping to their own territory or something when the war's over; something in the way of a treaty, perhaps. Dunno, just throwing stuff out there.
[/tangent]

I too am excited about the sirens, not least because it puts my people in sneaky danger. Very Happy I plan for my guys to come out of this horribly scathed. xD I'm wondering if perhaps the sirens are somehow related to both light and shadow; a sort of twilight race, as opposed to day vs. night.
One of the main reasons for the Thendari to stick to their own kind is that their Rift responsibility will always be hanging over them. I'm not sure if it's possible for different races to intermix.

Shocked

Silvone/Ryona? Is that possible? Do we have a half-breed-rich world, or a pretty much half-breed-less world? And which kinds of things can intermix, if any? I suppose, perhaps, all Human races could intermix and all Elf races could intermix, but no human-elves and definitely no tynir-humans or sythen-elves. On the other hand, though, we have already seen a breale-elf. Where does that leave us?

Oh, also, I'll PM you with the Light Plane info and the last bit of the Histories of Aendrel as soon as I hear back from Bird of Hermes. Very Happy Alos info might take a little longer. *cough* ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:53 pm

I just responded to this and lost everything...so, here it goes again.

I don't deal with the world in black and white, so I can't say, "yes, there are half breeds," or "no, there are not."

There is a breale elf, but was he born of a human mother or father? I don't know, but looking at the character sheet, it looks more like he is full blooded Thendari who has chosen to live among the Breale. That is a cultural change, but not really a hybrid. Corbina and Saint are also halfbreeds, though theirs is of a magical transition.

When referring to reproductive hybrids, three questions must be answered.

(1) Is it physically possible?
A tynir is probably not going to mate with an Aqualyte mer. Land and water creatures aren't going to mix, it isn't feasible. Not to mention size differences.
(2) Is the relationship mentally feasible?
Humans mate with humans. Elves with elves. Can human's and elves mate? Yes. But due to the differences in the longevity of their lifespan, it is not likely going to happen often. Think Tolkien here.
Another example, even though Vatienne and Jasidin are both human, they are not likely ever to mate due to religious differences.
(3) Are both parties willing to create a hybrid?
Say someone wants a Kvatch assassin and Ionairus representative to fall in love. Are Loki and Bird of Hermes both willing to let this happen? Same goes for anyone else. We must have permission from the parties before creating such a thing.

I don't know anything about the sirens, so I can't completely answer your question. But you can use the train of thought I laid out to see if it would in fact make sense for them to be a hybrid.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Oh, also, I'll PM you with the Light Plane info and the last bit of the Histories of Aendrel as soon as I hear back from Bird of Hermes.

I am working on it. Just... slowly. XD
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 pm

*coughs*

Uh...Sirens don't make half breeds. >_> They make sirens. Sirens are a female only species. Anything they breed with(with notable exceptions, such as things of vastly different physiology, such as Tynir and I'nak) will simply produce a Siren with some traits of the 'father'. I was addressing them as life partners more in the intent of...well, babies aren't the sole reason people get together. >_>

Something I'd mention in regards to Lifespan, just as a nother viewpoint, you can also look at it from the Asari perspective. Humans don't live overly long. You can be with them and happy, and when they eventually die before they do, the Asari go on, move on, and find new loves.(Now, part of that is Asari relgious belief, the whole Embrace Eternity, we're all one, yadda yadda yada.) Just because someone will die, dosen't mean that you can't be with them(I know that's not your point, Ryona, just me being...me?)

Also, I think Kalon was either refrencing Kathryn's character(Breale Mother) or the one I have yet to truely develop due to time constraints(I believe she's got a Breale father...I think.)

As for Tynir being persuaded...well, we'll see. I've got some loose ideas that need polishing for the end phase before I talk about treaties.

As for a 'twilight' species, that'd be interesting. I was intending for the Siren's to have a less "Morgie is god" motivation than the Sythen, more of a...mutually beneficial pact that they've signed with the Dark Lord in ages long past. Might be something worth discussing further.

Also, Humans and Elves would likely be able to breed with each other. Physically...there REALLY isn't that much different, so should the parties of said 'halfling' being willing and all that stuff, I'd suspect a Quende-Breale, or a Quende-Sildari or any mix under the rainbow to be very easy.

I've lost track of this post. I'mmm just gonna post it. Might post again if I remember anything.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:32 pm

I understand your point, but I just imagine that few people would look past the age difference and say "Hey, when you die, I'll just find someone else, yay me!" Even if it is true, a lot of relationships lean toward the "soul mate" route of "I want to be with you forever!!!!"

Not that it can't happen. I just mean, I don't imagine elves and human's regularly mating with one another. If they are, then there should be a breed of half elves roaming around somewhere, with about half the lifespan of a full elf. That's just how genetic drift works.

Again, it really depends of the players are interested or not, and then find a way to make it happen.

I updated my Jasidin and Lycan info...sort of. It is still really simple, but at least somewhat completed. I need to do histories for both of them. Was toying of the idea of tying Wee Jas into the planes, somehow. Nothing would change about her, she's not going to do anything, it would just be nice to have her make sense in our little Emoria world. I'll let you guys know if I get that worked out, and see what you think.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun May 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Emorians, please welcome Mojave Wanderer!

He is currently working on his worldspace information and will be located somewhere on the second landmass. After I have reviewed his info he will put it up here for everyone to see, and constructively critique. Keep in mind that Emoria cannot grow without new members, and I because I know Mojave Wanderer offline, please expect that he will be as dedicated as the rest of us are (what I mean to say is, he'll do his best under his given circumstances, just like the rest of us, and that he is not going to flake out on us like other new members have in the past). I hope everyone will be welcoming and accomodating, and help him work his information into our world Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun May 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Welcome to our crazy world!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojave Wanderer Sun May 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Username: Mojave Wanderer

Character Name: Aesir Verevui

Species/Race: The Hyrn (Elvish)

Average life span:200 years

Maximum life span: 1500 years

Physical Description: Aesir is 5’ 4”. He weighs 87lbs. His hair is short and silver, and he does not take time to fix it so it sticks out in all directions. He has two long pointed ears that shoot up from his hair. His eyes are a light grey color, and his skin is light and pale. He has a scar running down the left side of his neck, which starts under the left side of his jaw and curves to the base of his neck. He usually wears leather armor that weighs little and is thin. Under this he wears a dark blue tunic. A small silver chain is worn about his neck with the old symbol of the Hyrn elves at the end of it. He wears simple boots that are dark brown. He wears a large dark blue cloak that hides him from view when the hood is up, and keeps him out of the sunlight. Most of his equipment is old and worn. He carries two daggers that he usually hides to avoid attention. He also carries a small hand crossbow that he usually coats with simple poisons. He has a small amount of alchemy equipment, letting him only create simple potions and poisons.

Character Bio: Aesir was made an apprentice to and alchemist when he was 8 years of age. He was separated from his family, and was to return when he became a master of alchemy. At the age of 45, the plague hit the land and Aesir was forced to leave the city abandoning all he had known. His master died, and his family was unknown to him. He soon found a small group of survivors who taught him to fight and to survive in the horrors of the land. He now will either be the leader of one of the 7 city-states or be closely related and or work for one of the leaders of the city states.

Occupation: Alchemist, possibly to be the leader of one of the many city-states.

Skills: Aesir is fast and silent, allowing him to travel great distances unnoticed. His ability to move this way is because he is very light, which also makes him somewhat weak and frail. He has some knowledge of alchemy but is no master. He sometimes tests his knowledge by trying new things which is sometimes harmful towards himself and other. He is very intelligent, but also curious, so he sometimes ends up in harms way. Because his eyes are so light, when the setting around him is highly reflective, it is difficult for him to see.

World-space:

Location: The land of Hyrn is a cold but lush land where soil is very fertile. The land is filled with great forests that are extremely large and dense. Next to most of these forests are large open planes filled with grass. The Hyrn control 7 cities/city-states in their land. The 3 main city-states are Verevui, Finevui, and Myravui. The 4 minor city-states are Pyrian, Leeran, Mygan, and Taran. The whole land was once a whole and was rapidly expanding until the final plague hit.

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 9 2con6ol

History: The Hyrn people started as nomadic wood elves that began to group together about 700 years ago. Most of the Hyrn’s history was destroyed and scattered by looters and thieves, so no one knows how the monarchy formed. The first king was Iluvias Hyrn. He ruled for about 200 years most believe and then was killed in an uprising. The second king is unknown to all but they believe he died soon after taking throne due to the first terrible plague that struck the land. The third king Urnalis Hyrn, was thought to have ruled another 300 years until another plague struck. The most recent King Halius Hyrn died in the final most terrible the plagues. The plague caused the hosts body to stop creating any cells whatsoever so many of the Hyrn simply started decaying alive. Those that survived had a mutation allowing them to survive this disease. The disease mutated survivors DNA creating immunity to all diseases before it was killed off. The few survivors of this plague began to group up outside of the cities that are now slums and build cities at the edge of them and the edges of forests. These new cities formed into city-states, who are now beginning to fight for control of Hyrn and unite the land and any people who were able to leave are beginning to return.

Culture: The original monarchy of the Hyrn people was destroyed in the final plague. Now the Hyrn live in smaller city-states that fight for control of the land of Hyrn. The cities that still stand are slums that are filled with crime so most avoid them. Because the city-states are so separated, the life style of the people can be different, but is usually surrounded by crime and poverty.

Lore: The Hyrn people have lost all of their tales and legends with the plague. Their religion before the plague was completely wiped out for no one remembers it. For the most part, the land of Hyrn is filled with Atheism, but because many of the Hyrn are returning, many other religions are spread throughout the land.

Powers: The Hyrn people have immunity to all diseases. They believe that they receive this immunity from the most terrible of plagues that struck the land. They believe that when the plague passed through their bodies, it created a natural immunity to diseases.

If anyone has any suggestions or wishes to play off of the plot (such as the unknown origins of the disease) feel free to post.
Mojave Wanderer
Mojave Wanderer
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks for joining Emoria! It needs some new blood Wink I liked your character sheet, by the way.

And what Ryona means is, the Mojave Wanderer is the only one in Emoria she can reach with her bare hands to throttle when he slows down... Except me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 pm

...so when we're slow, you take the blows for us?

Such a noble sacrifice! Razz

Welcome Mojave!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 am

Haha, something like that.

I really enjoyed the character, Mojave. Give everyone a bit more time to raise any questions and/or concerns, or give suggestions, while I draw up a character icon for you.

That said, if anyone does have any suggestions, questions, concerns, please spout them out. We especially need to be thinking of what story arc to put him in, if we do not create a brand new one.

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Tue May 24, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Also, I guess I should make clear that Mojave isn't sure whether his character should be alchemist, leader of one of the city states, or both. I've suggested that he go the alchemy route, especially since we don't have much of that so far. Also, it gives his character a bit more mobility. What do others think?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 pm

I agree with alchemist. We have quite a few leaders among the Emorians already, so an alchemist will be a great addition to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue May 24, 2011 4:03 am

Arc. Story arc. Like an archy archway... thing. It's not the boat, it's the rainbow. ^_^

Welcome, Mojo!
Very excited to have another person aboard! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Woops, just a typo Kalon. Calm down Wink

Looks like you are going to be the resident alchemist Mojo!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Hihi Mojave Wanderer -smiles and waves- I am not the newest member in Emoria now. I like your world space. -nod nod-

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri May 27, 2011 4:16 am

Sorry, it was good material. xD You know, not the boat but the rainbow. ^^ Some typos are golden. Thumbs Up
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 am

Haha, I know. I just get embarrassed. It's like a big banner with an arrow pointing toward me: "I'm with she who can't type!" xP
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Ah, good piont. Sorry. Smile
(hah, maybe I'll leave that typo in, rather than correct it. xD)

Hm, I wonder what a "piont" is... Maybe it's like a small pillar of an argument. "I see your piont is unfounded." Would it be pronounced PEE-ont or PIE-ont?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Hey guys,

I recently sent Ryona a copy of changes to Ayren worldspace info. She updated the information post, and I took the liberty of modifying my character sheet. For the benefit of the reader, I put the new information in hard to miss bold.

That said, I've got more to work on, as I made a post in Valinyx about Nilus' mannerisms that won't make sense until I explain it in the character sheet...so there's ANOTHER update on the way.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojave Wanderer Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:16 pm

I will now be stewarding for the Sage people in Spectres absence cheers . I plan on making some changes, but the changes should keep the people basically the same. I will be making a character that is a Sage Lord, and I'll try to get the character and the changes up soon Very Happy.
Mojave Wanderer
Mojave Wanderer
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:08 am

Well, after a big setback (and an all nighter of making up for it) I have posted in Valinyx!

Now, onward to Sretin!

(after a nap, lol)
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am

Bravo! Bravissimo! Every response from Annikhol was exactly as I had imagined.

I realize that we may need to go through and edit time stamps, your last post ends on DAY 14, while I am still posting on DAY 1. While you will be posting events over the next two weeks, I will having to be posting events over the next four. This means (Mojave, Silvone, listen up) we should probably have twice as many posts as Deadeye and myself playing Annikhol.

I am thinking, that because of scheduling we are going to be barely getting the plot going by DAY 31, that this thread will become a two month thread rather than a one month thread, as we have previously discussed possibly happening.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojave Wanderer Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Username: Mojave Wanderer
Name: Renkar Evestan
Race: Sage/ Suitarian

Physical Description: Renkar looks quite young compared to most Sage Lords. His face has broad but defined features. His hair is black, and is tied back going down to shoulder length. His skin is a dark, tan shade and his eyes are a hazel color. Unlike most sage, Rinkar prefers to wear silver heavy plate armor, but it is shorter than most other armors allowing him to move his arms and legs. He wears light clothing under this armor, and he wears extremely light boots to allow for faster movement.

Character Bio: Renkar grew up like any Sage, training everyday for many years. He had an earth affinity and excelled greatly over other Sages. He became a High Sage by 16, and did many missions for the Master Sage, rarely ever serving the current King. He became a Sage Lord by stopping a secret plot to overthrow the Master Sage by 3 Sage Lords when he was 24. He now spends his days as a Sage Lord, learning as best as he can the element of water. He is a very powerful Sage Lord for such a young age, and is one to express his thoughts loud and clear. He is very close to the Master Sage and in most Sage’s eyes he is the next Sage Lord.

Skills: Renkar has the Sage affinity towards the earth element. He can control the land around him, and even separate it from the earth itself. Because he is a Sage Lord, he has some control over water, but he cannot do much besides make large waves. This control over elements weighs heavily on his energy and strength, so if he pushes the limits, he could be too weak to defend himself.

World Space:
Suituria

Suituria has two major cities located in the country. One of them is the capital Fortona, which is located on the northeastern end of the peninsula. The other is a city located in the mountains separating a third of the country called Kiri-Nokune.
Fortona is much like a ‘Venice, Italy’. It has many bays and canals running through the city. The temperature in Fortona and its surrounding areas is very humid and temperate. There are many farms that also surround the city. The wildlife around the city is very diverse, but for the most part, it is usual to see around a city.
The mountain range of Kiri-Nokune is usually covered in dense fog with rain falling often. The mountain range is filled with woods and valleys that are not much unlike the rain forests. These forests and valleys are filled with many different kinds of dangerous creatures. The city of Kiri-Nokune is deep within the range and was built around the Temple of Six Paths, which is the Sages home.

History: The Suitarian history started with what they believe was a ‘Great War’ that was never ending. It was said a man came along and used some form of magic and brought peace finally to all the lands of Suituria. It was said he lived out the rest of his life in the Temple of Six Paths that he built using it to teach others his ways. All Suitarians, Sage or not, worship this man as a god. After the man came, it was said that the monarchy of the country lived on, and it still appears to exist today. Over time, there have been many rebellions in Suiturian history. It seems whichever side the Sages were on, that was the side that won and a new monarch would rule. After a monarch died or stepped down, it was their oldest child who would take the place. If they had no child, it would be up to the Sages to appoint a new leader.

Culture: Much of Suituria has fishing and mercantile based economy. Most of its income comes from these, although there is some farming.

Suituria is generally a militaristic country. Military service being a requisite to citizenship makes it so. They have a very strong Army, and Navy, being located on a shoreline. After each person's term of five years, they are able to extend their time. If they don't extend their time, most end up joining, or at least- being affiliated with one of the major Mercenary groups about. Some even seek the legendary hidden sage village to the east past the mountain range.

The people of this city and the outlying towns and villages have a high human populous. The populous is governed by a Monarchy, following the line of a regent. The monarch then has several advocates and emissaries that work with him as advisers, guards, generals, accountants, and marshals, not excluding his Templar adviser.

Some people of Suituria are unique, and are usually called Sages. Sages are believed to be descendents of the man who brought peace or descendents of those who learned from him. They are people who were brought up in the Temple of Six Paths, and are able to control the elements through use of a magical force called Chakra.

Sages start training at a very young age. They train until a High Sage sees that they are fit for the title of novice. Novice Sages begin assisting in tasks given by the Master Sage. Once a High Sage sees they are fit to advance, they become Journeyman Sages. Journeyman Sages will take on more tasks that are more difficult from before. After the Master Sage sees that they are fit to advance, they become a High Sage. High Sages are responsible for teaching new Sages and carrying out tasks for not only the Master Sage, but also from the monarch. High Sages are free to travel as they wish.

From High Sage, a Sage may only become either a Sage Lord, or be elected as the Master Sage. Sage Lords may also be elected as Master Sage. There are 20 Sage Lords at a time, and there is always only ever one Master Sage. The Sage Lords see to the most important tasks and needs of the Sages and the country. Sage Lords will generally control a group of High Sages when they go on their most important quests. The Master Sage rules over the Sages and has supreme power. It is the role of the Sage Lords to persuade him to make the right choices. The Master Sage also acts as an advisor to the monarch and an ambassador between Sages and normal Suiturians.

Lore: Most Suiturians believe in ‘The One’ or ‘God’, which is just a term for the man who stopped the Great War. However, there is religious freedom in Suituria so many other religions seem to appear there.

Powers: Sages get their power through a magical energy called chakra. Chakra is created through long hours of meditation and hard work. Most Sages spend half of their time working their physical strength, which improves the amount of Chakra a Sage has available and another half of their time meditating and studying. Sages study to learn about the world and the way the elements work. Studying allows them to use their abilities in new ways, improving the effects, or even simply making a Sage smarter, making diplomatic situations easier for a sage. Meditating restores Chakra. It is like a very deep sleep in which Sages think about the flow of energy and the world around them. Because Sages meditate, they do not have to sleep.

Sages follow one of six paths, which is determined by a Sage’s affinity towards an element. Once they have found their affinity, Sages can begin more specific training in the Temple of Six Paths. The six paths are:

Light: Light allows a Sage to blind their enemies, or even disorient them temporarily. It can be used for more practical reasons, such as lighting a room, or even be used to harness or create lightening.

Shadow: Shadow allows a Sage to use shadows to hide him or herself. Shadows can me used to travel through, allowing one to move behind opponents and attack them. Most Sages of Shadow rarely find ways in which shadows can harm others.

Fire: Fire allows a Sage to control and move fire in any way they wish. Some Sages even have found that they can create fire where none was available.

Water: Water allows a Sage to manipulate water, making it twist and move in many directions, trapping opponents and even hurting them. Some Sages of Water have found ways to use it such as walking on water and even creating water.

Earth: Earth allows a Sage to move the Ground to create barriers and even knock others to the ground. Some Sages have found a way to make the Ground separate and make it levitate there, allowing a Sage to throw it at opponents.

Air: Air allows a Sage to move the air around creating gusts of wind that can make the opponent off balance and easy to take down. Air can also be used to travel lightly and in some cases to fly for very short distances.

Because the abilities a Sage uses require Chakra, a Sage has a limit on what it can do. The more they do the more tired they get, requiring them to meditate to regain Chakra. If a Sage passes this level, it acts the same as exhaustion which could lead to passing out and in some cases death.
Mojave Wanderer
Mojave Wanderer
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 pm

I updated the Sentient Species info. Now that you have explained the elemental powers more clearly, its interesting to notice that they all represent a plane, except for of course the material plane. Smile

As for the character sheet, you should probably post that in the information thread (much like you did for your last character) so that I can add it to the list of characters. Eventually we can make a portrait for him, if you want to.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:14 pm

INQUIRY

For the most part, it has become a general rule that those who left us before posting in the IC have "ceast to exist", in character and sometimes in worldspace. For those of us who have departed after posting IC, we have let their characters disappear.

We are in a situation in Valinyx where it would be easier and more appropriate to the storyline if we kill off Spectre's character. He has not responded to multiple messages even when he was online, and frankly I haven't seen him on much anyway. Is anyone of Emoria against us killing off his character? This would open the door for possibly killing off other non active characters as well. This is mostly for those who left us without notice, as those who have given us notice have also given us freedom to do what we will with their characters (and are accessible to ask if we do decide that they should be killed).

what say you?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:18 pm

I have to agree, actually. There was an old RP that I was in that ended up an incomprehensible mess because we tried to incorporate every character, even the ones that disappeared. It did not end prettily. Words were exchanged. Also, angry emails.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next