FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: World-Building OOC

+14
quakernuts
Crazy Hobo
Chainlinc3
Gadreille
Eternity
Fluesopp
Guilty Carrion
Dax
Hello Danger
Buzzwulf
Bird of Hermes
Kalon Ordona II
Kathryn Lacey
Shadow Moonseye
18 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC Empty Emoria: World-Building OOC

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed May 12, 2010 7:15 pm

That'd make sense. No one in the earth plane has found the tear as of yet, and the I'nak think it's just something that Aeose’cen made for some reason or another.

And that could be a possibility. I'll mull over some other stuff, see what everyone else has to say, and then bring any more ideas I have back here.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC Empty Re: Emoria: World-Building OOC

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed May 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Shadow, the portals were created at the same time the boundaries between planes were created. They did not originate as tears.

Also, the Material Plane's portal has always been a portal. The Plane of Fire just figured out the proper combination to get to the Material Plane, and wrought havoc that way. Before that, the Portals weren't really known to exist. At least, the Quendi certainly didn't know about them. However, upon learning of them, they realized how dangerous it could be, and sunk it underground and built the Library atop it.

The Portals are supposed to be a secret for the very reason that their power could be abused once knowledge of how they work was established. There are beings who guard the Portal to ensure that people don't try to use it unless necessary, and so that anything coming into the Material Plane can't just screw some shit up.

However, with the idea of the Portals changing, it's really changing any necessity for it to be so heavily guarded unless Hermes keeps the idea that only the Material Portal can access the Spirit Plane by living beings.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Alright. Thanks for clearing that up Kathryn. I'll scrap that idea, as it doesn't fit with what has been established.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 pm

You don't have to scrap it. What's been established is obviously changing. Rifts actually do exist. There's one in Kalon's nation that was caused by the Thendari when they were still known as the Avari, and Morgarath's travel without portals has ensured that there's some tearing between Shadow and Material.

If you can think of a good reason for why there'd be a tear, I'm sure it could work.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu May 13, 2010 4:04 am

Kathryn's right. If, like you said, the tear was into the Earth Plane, the I'nak would totally not even be worried. The question is how such a tear could exist in the first place, and it would probably have to be pretty small. And maybe slightly underground?

If we keep to just Eight portals, then I need some way to get in and out of the Light Plane without having to go through the Library.
Unless he came through the Rift. That could solve it. Alos would probably be allowed in the Spirit Plane, I would think. Plus it was whatever rules the Spirit Plane that sent Alos to guide the Thendári, so yeah. Would that be a plausible explanation?
The only problem with that is I've stated a bit of back-and-forth with some Thendári actually getting to go to the Light Plane (not the Spirit Plane). It would be a hard thing to delete, since it's influenced a ton on both sides. Help?

I'm also thinking I could probably tone down how much Alos knows by sense. That would allow, for example, Shadow to have her I'nak rift without Alos knowing. And it would probably cut down a lot on the "they would know because Alos told them."
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu May 13, 2010 10:45 am

This way you can use the Light Portal to travel to the Light Plane AND you can take that same portal back to the Material Plane, but you will not come out through the Library, you will come out through the copy of the Light Portal on the Material Plane. You will essentially come out precisely where you when in.

Would that help you, Kalon?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Oh how nice! I had forgotten all about that suggestion of yours. Yes, that would work perfectly!! Thanks, Hermes! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Here is our official standing on these four issues then. Feel free to continue discussion if you want, especially those of you who haven't yet spoken. And feel free to bring up any other issues that might be on your mind.

1. Morgarath: Acceptable at current level. Some say he could use more power, others are content with current level so long as it isn't abused. I say we just leave it where it is in that case.

2. Alos: Generally agreed that Alos isn't an abuse, so as long as it doesn't become something out of control, then he is fine.

3. Portals: I think the explanation posted by Bird of Hermes helped a lot of us see the way they worked. I still think we need to write up something to go in the information thread, perhaps a small narrative or anecdote so that it will be less...dry.

4. Gunpower: Fine at current levels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri May 14, 2010 12:53 pm

3. Portals: I think the explanation posted by Bird of Hermes helped a lot of us see the way they worked. I still think we need to write up something to go in the information thread, perhaps a small narrative or anecdote so that it will be less...dry.

I can work on writing something up. I may take a few days. I have some catching up to do now that school is out.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:10 am

I just realized that this is the 1000th post. Had to say something about that.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Isn't this role-play just epic! And we should be picking up momentum over the summer. I think we should be expected another thousand or so, at least in the actual OOC thread, by the end of the summer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 am

Hopefully, I can work on clearing up the information for the Portals this coming week. Writer's block was setting in from lack of metal stimulation. I swear I wish I had taken summer classes.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 am

I have an idea for something.

You see I have this whole big evil thing and I would like to introduce another nation. Now I would find the space myself, I have an idea for how to make it work.

I would like to not only use the evil nation I have created and be able to use one that if not good is at least not evil. Before I go into specifics I would like to know if people are ok with that idea?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:19 am

It's up to Silvone and Ryona. I do recall there being something about no more new nations, I think. Though I also recall something about the possibility of expanding the map.

If it were me, I'd wonder what's been cooking in that imaginative head of yours, but it's not me. ^^
Perhaps, if nothing else, there might be a way to work whatever it is into an existing nation.

Or I suppose, if you just want to do something besides villains, you could always join one of the more upstanding peoples of Emoria. Perhaps a surviving Breale?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 am

I'm not allowing anyone to create new world-spaces on the other map yet. It is just too hard, and unlikely, to bring everyone from that continent over to this one to be involved in its issues. I'm sure the other place has its own issues to worry about. I would rather save that until a later point in the story. I let Spectre create a spot there because I thought it would be interesting to have a foreign nation interacting with our own. If everyone starts doing that...well it loses its coolness factor.

As far as on this continent, frankly there is no room left. I think there might be an island left somewhere, I'm not sure. We pretty much put a moratorium on new nations here because the map is filled up.

The only thing I could suggest is creating a nation in one of the planes (such as the water or earth planes). So far we only have a representative of the plane of air, and soon (hopefully) one from the plane of fire. One of the others would be nice to delve into.

I would also suggest explaining your ideas before asking for permission, rather than the other way around. Otherwise, I don't know exactly what you are asking for. You say you have an idea to make it work, but that could mean many things, and might not work for everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:19 am

I asked if it was ok to judge wether there was a chance that provided my idea for how to pull it off was good. It seems that from what you are saying there is a way to do it.

Now I still need to discuss with Dax on it to be certain but remember that little island that our two nations warred around and on the beaches of? We never actually did much in the interior, it is possible that a rather primitive, different race dwells deep in the forests and jungle stuff that coats the island.

I can give details on the race as well, I seriously have a few pages of information written out. Would you like me to share that stuff now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 am

My post has been approved lol!

I've been in Orlando for the weekend, but i have it up today!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 am

True, there is the rather large island of Illuria... but what about it, exactly?

The MoN and Vatienne have been fighting over it for like what... hundreds of years? Maybe more?

What exactly is your plan Raptor? Im pretty sure we can find something thats going to work.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 am

Can you get on MSN so we can discuss it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:03 am

I would just like to inform everyone that I have added Meyul's character sheet and a bunch of Tynir culture and such stuff to my information post.

Also, I'll be posting up some information on Korun Otak here in the coming days, seeing as a bunch of people are coming to see me, and need to know what they're getting into.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:21 pm

*drive by map making*
http://fluesoppen.com/images/div/World%20Map%20Chart.jpg
I'll just leave this here then.
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:24 pm

That...is... AWESOME! xD

Nice work, Flues!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:31 pm

That's brilliant, Flues. Seriously, beautiful work.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Sweet Sejenus! Are you...you know...making a character by any chance?

I like what you wrote on the side as well. Is the High Priestess referred to the High Priestess of Valinyx? Or someone else? Just wondering...

Thank you so much for the contribution though Smile I am positive we will all enjoy this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:38 pm

It's not finished. No towns and countries are marked yet. But now I need to sleep. Just have to ask for a character avatar first.

That high priestess is just something I thought would be funny. Originally the text was: "A most relished treasure, commissioned by the great high priestess of Emoria, by the most devoted, disciple, your humble Marek Thernofin." A chartographer trying to win the priestess favor by smoothing her.
The character I'm planning to use is a earth elementalist, and belongs to a tribe/religion where they worship the earth.
The kind of character is using blood magic to manipulate the earth, is the sense that they need to touch the earth with their hands to manipulate it. Would that fit in this world?
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:48 pm

You will need to talk with Bird of Hermes for the particulars on the elementals, since she is our resident expert. But it seems fine to me. I look forward to seeing your character sheet, as well as an updated version of the map!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Ok, but final question. Was it intentional to make the continent the size of Asia?.. That's actually pretty large...
Also, what's beyond? Other continents?
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 pm

why are you so awesome?
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Flue, you made 10 or so new friends. xD
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Well, I thought Talonia, the northern continent, was about the size of North America....

And the other landmass is posted somewhere in the OOC thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next