FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampires or Lycans?

+9
Eternity
Hope
Aesalon
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tempest
Xiantic
Kaislynn
Shades Of Gray
Fate Flyer
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vampires or Lycans?

Vampires or Lycans? - Page 2 Votele1055%Vampires or Lycans? - Page 2 Voteri10 55% 
[ 12 ]
Vampires or Lycans? - Page 2 Votele1045%Vampires or Lycans? - Page 2 Voteri10 45% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 22

Vampires or Lycans? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampires or Lycans?

Post by Xiantic Fri May 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Don't get me started on that shit on paper known commonly as Twilight. I've hated it since day one, and especially it's portrayal of vampires. It's not a vampire novel, it's a sappy romance novel for silly teen girls to fall into. Nothing else. And those girls then start to think they know what a vampire is and should be without realizing anyone who knows a shit about the undead sees those creatures as repulsive and insulting.

I haven't read it, but from what I hear, most everybody here should have better writing ability than Meyer. From the critique I read, Those I know here definitely do.

Lucian, I know you're just a dirty mutt who dislikes vampires Razz but I suspect even you will hold enough respect to avoid mentioning that set of books. Hell, I'll take Underworld and Buffy vampires over those laughable things.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri May 22, 2009 4:13 pm

This entire thread reminds me of the Scooby Doo episode where a bunch of vampires and werewolves are fighting and every time one bites another they instantly change...

That is really all posted to say, but I might as well weigh in while I'm here.
I remember playing the original Ravenloft adventure for D&D and Strahd von Zarovich was the most imposing, dangerous-seeming, polite SOB that I had ever came across as a player - ever since then I have had a soft spot for vampires.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri May 22, 2009 4:15 pm

God bless Scooby Doo...
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri May 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Shades Of Gray wrote:God bless Scooby Doo...

Amen and Amen.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Fri May 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Scooby Doo, the greatest of us all.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Fri May 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Vampires win on this end!

Partly because of all the fandoms...i.e Buffy, Twilight...Twilight....Lestat...Twilight.

:: wink :: You get the point.

Although, it is true I just think vampires are cooler to begin with. I dunno, I just for no particular reason like vampires.
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri May 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Curses! This epic war of Lycan vs. Vampire is tied for the count! So much suspence, how will this battle end?! (Too dramatic? Wink )
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Fri May 22, 2009 7:16 pm

Simple. The battle between Lucian and myself.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri May 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Pfft. I'll back Lucian up. I've got Keshayla Wink She's Loki's granddaughter, she's got the blood and the skills to handle a set of Fangs.

High Five
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat May 23, 2009 3:00 am

Xiantic wrote:Simple. The battle between Lucian and myself.

God damn it Xi must we start this crap on every site we're both members of? I keep telling you, our battle would be too awesomely epic to put into proper RPing. Neither of us would be satisfied with the fight no matter how many compromises we make and all that will end up happening is me driving down to Georgia (probably half drunk, though I DO NOT support drinking and driving, I'd have someone else drive, but I digress) walking into your front yard with a pair of MMA gloves and calling you out!

Then of course that battle too would be epic....

There's just no win.

-Stares at Hope-

SHE LIKES TWILIGHT! KILL HER!
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 23, 2009 11:21 am

hey!!! There is nothing wrong with Twilight.

Well...except for the last book and the movie....BUT THAT'S IT!

I love me some Bell/Edward romance. XD
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Sat May 23, 2009 12:11 pm

You know Lucian, agreed.

Our battle could only occur if there was a multi-billion dollar movie porduction, and then the fight would have to be the second/final movie.

And I mean, the whole second/final movie would be our fight. And Shades, Lucian and my fight would automatically kill any newcomer to enter. The fight itself would, neither of us would have to.

As for Hope. She is a giddy teen girl, and given other circumstances, I will have to protect her despite her love for that accursed book. And I do notice now somebody else voted for vampires, giving us the lead for the first time in this site. Which, in my opinion is nice. It shows that people here don't fall subject to mass opinion and have decided which they like on their own. Very Happy
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 23, 2009 12:16 pm

:: cries :: What is wrong with that book?

And hey! Giddy teen girl? I may be giddy, and a girl...but...but....you make it sound like I'm 13.

And what other circumstances are you talking about? lol

And that book is not "accursed" it's fantaboulous!!!

Anddddddddddddddddddddd YAY WE ARE IN THE LEAD!! Woooot! Boo yah!
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Sat May 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Hope, you of all people should know of the other circumstances. Well... you, Heidi, Courtney, and my bro.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i know! Sorry misread it. lol
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sat May 23, 2009 12:58 pm

THANK YOU ALL--those of you that hate Twilight (sorry Hope). I raced my way through all four books unable to leave the emotional and writing horror. It was awful. Lucian, you can certainly go without reading them> the movie though is a hysterical treat if you hate the books--it was the books except without the whiny internal dialogue, so the actors appear to look constipated holding all those awfulnessess inside. I laughed through the entire film.

But in regards to the books: I thought some of her conceptual ideas were interesting (if ultimately smashed to pieces in the book). For example, living in Seattle where there's not a lot of sun. The idea that vampires mate for life. And the idea that a vampire's body isn't dead, but only frozen in time (hence an ability to have crazy children). But ultimately I think she did vampires a disservice since all anyone can think of is sparkly skin and shiny volvos.

On the subject of Lycans and their communal mentality, part of that appeals to me, and I love the earthy sense. Maybe I should try a Lycan character. But the communal experiments with vampires is always interesting to me. They tend to be portrayed as lords and ladies--most often--and in competition the way that lords and ladies are: take the underworld series and how they portray vampires as upper class and lycans as lower class. I wonder what would happen if you reversed those roles. What happens if vampires are on the bottom tier and Lycan's are (at least socio-economically speaking) on the top. How does that change the natures of the two groups? Since Lycans obviously have the advantage of sunlight walking. I think it's simply the lack of control that we have always associated with the lycan's wolf form and transformation (full moon and all) that makes them the bottom.

Don't get me wrong-->still a vampire person Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Bah. There's nothing wrong with not liking the books. But I must say, which is something I've said before, nobody knows what a vampire looks like. XD For all we know, they actually COULD sparkle. :: wink ::

But whatever, XD. Everyone has their own opinion!!

With or without Twilight, vampires are still better. XD
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat May 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Watch it when you say 'better'. No one race is by any means better than the other, not even I would say that. It's merely a matter of preferance. As for the upper, lower class theory, it simply shows how Lycans don't care for material things. It's not that they're living in poverty, it's just that they don't buy fancy houses and nice cars because they know they don't need to. Vampires, like you said, fancy themselves as lords and ladies, so they buy the fancy clothes and the nice houses. As to where Lycans are perfectly content living in an abandoned warehouse. It draws less attention and makes them harder to find. After all, there are fewer Lycans than Vampires, so they're at a disadvantage in that sense. Even though one Lycan is equal to about five Vampires.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sat May 23, 2009 6:07 pm

It's interesting that you wouldn't want to say one race is better than the other and yet you're perfectly willing to make assumptions about how each race behaves. I don't think it's fair to say that all Lycans are not materialistic: in the same way that it wouldn't be fair to say that all Tibetans aren't materialistic: the vast majority aren't wealthy but to assume that because they aren't wealthy they all aren't materialistic doesn't follow. Give them a chance, each lycan and vampire are individuals, just like people. It's true that the majority of lycans and vampires tend to be written in the stereotype and that stereotype is usually around for a reason, but a stereotype leads to flat characters and it's unrealistic. Please allow for the possibility and exploration of differences--> socio-economically, it's possible that Lycans could end up on top. Vampires only have that tendency because of Count Dracula--the patrician, (royal even if we go Vlad Dracula). And Lycans have just as much of a tradition of isolation if you want to go back to Transylvania. We've developed the concept of Lycans to include a pack mentality and--because of the lower class view of the upper crust of society--we've painted vampires with that kind of manipulative bickering and callous maneuvering that the wealthy are perceived to have.

But really, if you want to get down to it: Lycans and Vampires are both fictional creatures/races. Everything about them has been invented and rehashed again and again. You might create a world in which all Lycans or all Vampires have certain personality traits/values/thoughts/behaviors, and that's your prerogative. But putting that lens as a blanket to creativity and on the characters themselves is not something I would suggest.

Along with that, I don't remember hearing that vampires outnumbered lycans as a significant detail. Seeing as Lycans can breed (generally) and tend to have a pack thing, it would make more sense that they would easily out number the vampires, especially if the vampires are materialistic loners that fancy themselves lords and ladies (which tends to make a small elect group). I know in underworld story/plot the vamps had been killing them off, but even in that world, anciently there were way more lycans because they were enslaved, ironically by the corrupt vampire: I wonder what would have happened had it been the other way around.
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun May 24, 2009 8:43 am

That was well said, Kaislynn. I agree. (Sorry that I'm unable to go into more details currently. xD)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sun May 24, 2009 11:28 am

Snaps! We are tied again! Dun dun dunnnnnnn! :: wink ::
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sun May 24, 2009 11:55 am

Wah! Tied? *sigh*

Thanks Fate, can't wait to read your opinion. And Lucian, if you want to respond, I'd like to read that too. Smile

who tied us up?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun May 24, 2009 12:18 pm

I've already said my part. You have a very interesting outlook on it, but anyone will tell you I'm not big on debating. To be honest I'm horrible at it and I don't know how to make convincing rebuttals and after that I'll just go ahead and accept defeat.

Though I will say that they are indeed fictional creatures and we have no way of knowing what they're like aside from what we see in movies. Everyone has their own opinion, and mine is that Lycans are outnumbered by Vampires by about three to one. I don't know why, but I've always had the feeling that there were fewer Lycans than Vampires.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sun May 24, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm not very good at debating in person myself, so I get it. Thanks for responding anyway Smile I appreciate your opinions.

I enjoy the different angles that people come at things and think about things. For example, I like the idea that there would be fewer lycans than vampires. That shifts the equation, too. If you don't mind, I'd like to do an rp with you sometime on vamps and lycans. Maybe play the other side: what do you think?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

I have a lot of experience with those types of RPs, so I guess another wouldn't hurt. Just so you know, depending on the type of RP would depend on what form of Lucian I use and weather or not Zaheer gets involved. If you come up with a good idea, PM me and let me know.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Sun May 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Sadly, I feel I'll have to miss out on this
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun May 24, 2009 9:12 pm

That's too bad Xi. Though I think it would be a good change of pace for me to do a vamp/lycan RP without you for a change lol. We spend entirely too much time eluding each other and fighting in ours.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Sun May 24, 2009 9:22 pm

This is true... but we've done a total of... 1? So I don't see how it's suc a big change XD
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 pm

I thought we've done more than that... I guess I just thought we did more because we're always talking about it.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 9:24 pm

That is a really hard choice there Fate. I love both, i know so much about both......... *Closes eyes and throws dart at choices*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next