FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity]

2 posters

Go down

Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity] Empty Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity]

Post by Shadow Moonseye Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Here's the OOC!

I'll update this post with information as we go.

Zombie classes:

Crawlers: Standard Zombie. These are the most common zombie class. They move at a slow, steady pace. They lack the ability to climb and show no signs of “intelligence”, they often mob with other Crawlers, traveling aimlessly until they catch sound of a human. They let loose a blood chilling moan, which serves as a call to other zombies in the immediate area that there is fresh meat to be had. They are often called crawlers, mobsters, and zed heads.

Screamers: These zombies have mutated in such a way that their typical moan is now a low frequency shriek. This scream causes nausea, loss of equilibrium, and overall renders the victim unable to move and utterly helpless. This leaves the screamers plenty of time to reach their prey and devour it without having to fend off struggles. They can be found mingling with crawlers, using them to disguise themselves. They are often called screamers, metal heads, shriekers, and banshees.

Stalkers: These zombies have retained nearly all motor function of their living form, thus allowing them to move much faster than the other zombie types. They are surprisingly stealthy; their prey often being unaware of their presence until the stalker has taken a bite. Stalkers appear to be the only completely mute class of zombie, having never been observed to make a sound. They show mild intelligence, being able to mimic human behaviors, such as opening doors or windows. They travel alone, or in pairs, but tend to keep their distance from other types. They are often called stalkers, creepers, and ghosts.

Throwers: These zombies appear to be quite harmless to the unwary observer, calmly collecting bones and breaking them, seeming to play much like a child does. They stab the bones into their bodies, apparently using their own flesh to carry and hold the broken bones. Only when one approaches do these seemingly docile zombies reveal their true nature. Flinging the bones with unnatural accuracy, they attack from afar, striking and wounding their prey. Once a person has been stabbed by a bone, they are considered infected and beyond help. They are often called throwers, Hammer Bros, crack shots, and bone boys.

Sleepers: This class of zombie is one of the most feared, for they are the stealthiest. They lie in wait for days, even weeks, appearing to be nothing more than another dead body littering the ground. They seem to gravitate towards buildings and other places the uninfected would seek shelter. They remain completely motionless until prey comes within reach when they then explode into a frenzied attack. They are often called sleepers, campers, land mines, doormats, and ankle biters.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity] Empty Re: Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity]

Post by Eternity Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity] Eyes_talking___beautiful_by_phenomdesire
-
Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity] Not_enough_sleep_by_phenomdesire

Name: Thame Estevan / "Amos"
Summary: Thame was born to a factory worker and a housewife; both of which were rather miserable in their survival methods. They led laid back lives which somehow initiated a passion for trouble early on. As a youngster, he found himself friendless and having a hard time socializing. Then came the zombie apocalypse. Though it had been creeping about when he was fourteen, by sixteen it was really setting in. People began to die; but thanks to his powerful and sun-blocking ego, and his ruthless humor, he was able to avoid the emotional downfall of it all.

Now that everyone's seeming to disappear from the map, he stands against survival; a grown man with his true friends at hand- his combat shotgun, Marlboro Ultra-Lights, and his pet Panther- Ebony. (acquired during a raid of a zoo five years ago)
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity] Empty Re: Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity]

Post by Shadow Moonseye Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Well, I'll get to work whipping up a suitable character sheet. In the mean time, any ideas on what we should have the main plot be?

I was thinking maybe there's been a rumor about a safe zone or something. But, I'm pretty much open to anything.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 am

I like the idea of a safe zone too. Common, but good. Can't wait to see your character.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Sorry this took so long. I was trying to track down my picture of her.

Abandoned Highways [Shadow Moonseye & Eternity] Danny
Name: Danielle “Danny” Roberts
Summary: She was born in the slums of a fairly large city. Her parents tried to scrape out a living and give their daughter everything they could. Unfortunately, she still managed to fall in with the “wrong” crowd at a young age. This lead to her joining a gang and rising through the ranks as one of their top Runners.

When the zombies, she didn’t pay them much mind. They were just another obstacle in her life that managed to piss her off. As time passed, and things began to grow worse, Danny did the one thing that she was good at. She stopped caring. She didn’t care who lived or died, didn’t care which city was overrun; she simply severed ties with all of humanity.

Since everyone has apparently died, she’s been wandering rather aimlessly, scraping out the best living she can under the circumstances. Her sole companions for the last five years have been Minos, a Wolf-Hybrid that she found as a puppy, and her sawed off shotgun.

~~~

So, safe zone it is. I guess the next question is do both of our characters know about it? Does only one of them?

Also, how should they meet up?
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Perhaps the both of them end up running into each other, and end up catching some kind of emergency broadcast over a radio sitting on a car, or perhaps a battery-TV inside of a Radioshack or something.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll get to work on the opening post, should have it up at some point tonight.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Good. Can't wait to respond Smile
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:20 pm

What city are we beginning in, by the way?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:22 pm

I actually haven't figured that out. I guess we can pick a big city or go with an un-named small town.

If we do go with a big city, do you want it to be east coast, west coast, or somewhere in between?
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Maybe a small town traveling to the east coast or something. I chose east coast mentally for the shelter because of the lack of earthquakes and better weather situations. Also the closer proximity to the capital of US.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Ah, but west is the most sensible location(in my head), as the rocky mountains provide shelter and easy bottle-necks. Safest place for a safe zone. (Going by the logic of Max Brooks, from World War Z). However, if you want, we can hit the east coast area. *shrugs* Doesn't matter too much in the long run.

And my post is gonna be a little late, as I'm currently up to my neck in work for other things right now.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Well then we can do west coast then; you made a fine point Shadow. So, let's go with that. And don't worry about it. You can make first post when you feel like it.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down