FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age OOC - Accepting

+3
quakernuts
Seloc
Falciferum
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dragon Age OOC - Accepting Empty Dragon Age OOC - Accepting

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:50 pm

This is the OOC thread for the Dragon Age role-play. It is still a work in progress, and I will edit this to state when it is done (or at least has a stable plot).

Plot-line #1: The first plot idea is to have the story take place in the past, during the first Blight. It could, of course, take place during any of the Blights, but I figured we would be able to express the true horror of the Blight if we had our characters experiencing it for the first time in history. The first Blight took almost 200 years to end.

Plot-line #2: The second plot idea is for the role-play to take place during the events of Dragon Age: Origins. The characters wouldn't be characters seen in the game itself, but side characters experiencing the Fifth Blight. The major drawback with this is most of the players so far have not yet completed the game, and to research it would, of course, ruin the experience.

Plot-line #3: The third plot idea is for the role-play to take place in the future, during the sixth, and possibly final, Blight. There are two Old Gods left, and either one or both of them could be leading this Blight, potentially making it more disastrous than any Blight before. This idea lends us more freedom and creativity without ruining the authenticity of the story.

Relevant Codex Entries:

General contents

Characters: Characters for this role-play will essentially depend on what plot-line we decide to go with. For that, I think, majority rules. But once we've decided, I think anything is open so long as it fits with Lore. As far as the third plot-line any character is possible so long as they don't belong to a group or culture that has already been stated to no longer exist.

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age OOC - Accepting Empty Re: Dragon Age OOC - Accepting

Post by Falciferum Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 am

I would like to explore the third plot option. I think it would allow us to be more open and free with the story and world, and not give away any of the plot for people who have not finished the game. It would be cool if we could make it seem like there was only one Old God leading the blight, but at a certain point in the story have the final Old God show himself.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Mm, gotta consider how far 'technology' has advanced if you decide to go with number three.

Dwarf's might very well be tottering musket rifles around.
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Since I expressed interest in this before, consider me in this.

I think the third option would be the easiest, considering that if we go with the first two, we have to keep things in line with the lore, legends, and such.

Although, Seloc does make a good point. We'll have to consider just how much tech we want to try and put in and the such.

All in all though, I honestly believe the third option is the way to go.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:01 pm

I like the third option Smile
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:38 pm

I kind of let this go a while ago...but once I get the opportunity, I would love to restart this.

It seems like the most popular option is number 3, so that is what we will go with. Those who expressed interest before can still join if they wish, or choose not to. I know there were some who were against role-playing in the future because of conflicts with the story.

Give me a couple of weeks, and I will try to get this going. In the mean time, I would love to hear who is still interested in this (besides Eternity Very Happy ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Seloc Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:18 pm

I'll poke my head in.
Seloc
Seloc
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:30 am

If this is still up for a go, I'd join. If not, forgive me for necroing a thread.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:37 am

I really, really want to do this, but I just don't have the time or motivation right now. Actually...I'm just lazy. If I ever do get it started, I will let everyone know who has expressed interest here.

I've changed my mind. I am going to try and restart this. I will PM the members that have expressed interest, unless I hear from you here first. We will go with option three as well. I will have to read up on what happens in the game, as I never actually finished it, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as I know the basics. I hope. Anyway, once I have about three or four other players, we can start thinking about how the story will pan out, and what sort of characters we will want to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 pm

So far the only one interested in doing this still is Quakernuts and RedBaku. So I am definitely looking for some new people, if there is any interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:50 am

I'll join - I wanted to do one anyway, but I posted up an intcheck before I even thought of checking here. Possibly a little too long out of the standard behaviour loop - but I'm here now, heh.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm in.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:21 pm

So then we have me, Quakernuts, Renzo, ElRey, and possibly RedBaku (doesn't seem to be online much). Seems like we have a good group to start this out with, though I'll certainly be willing to accept new members as we go along.

As far as the plot, we are going with the third option listed in the first post, so this role-play will be taking place after the events of the game. This option was decided on after much debate, and with the knowledge that either option I chose, I was going to lose some members.

I'll try to get this up and running once I get the intro post for my other role-play completed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm no good at speech-y lead-ins(out of character, anyway), so I'll get right on subject. Silvone's asked me if I don't mind taking over as the thread-starter. He's got more to deal with in real life than I have, so I have more free time to spend on this while he can focus on other stuff.

I'm all the way up for this, and especially for the future plotline that was chosen beforehand, so there's no change in creative direction - just in the helmsman. I don't mind if somebody else would rather take the reigns, as I realize no matter how long I've RP'd elsewhere I'm still a new guy in FOG. But, given time to put something together, I really think that I can make this work and give us all something really fun.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Since I haven't technically made it very far in the game, I'm not the ideal candidate to head this role-play. I really only started it because no one else had before. Since Renzo made an interest check, I figured he wouldn't mind leading this one, so I offered it to him. Hopefully that doesn't cause any issues with anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm totally fine with it. I'm "new" too, I don't think that has anything to do with ability.

Lemme know when the OOC is up Renzo.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Ok, we'll go with the third plot idea, with the assumption that The Tevinter Imperium has fallen to the Blight, and that Antiva, Nevarra and the Anderfels are under seige from the relentless darkspawn. The seventh and final blight will strike as a companion piece to the sixth, and we'll have two archdemons to deal with.

---------

Basic Statistics

Name, home, anything that doesn’t fit anywhere else in the bio

Physical Characteristics

What your character looks like, how tall they are, distinctive markings, etc

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes

Your character’s mindset, opinions and personality, along with their mental health and anything else relevant.

Emotional Characteristics

How well does your character hold their emotions in check? How do they react when they do lose control? What would they lose control over?

Spiritual Characteristics

Doe your character believe in a God? What are the specifics of his or her religion, and how does it effect them and those around them?

Equipment & Gear

Anything that your character has with them, is wearing or carrying, etc

---------------

Basic Statistics

Soracha Daraghul, Queen of the Nevarran Tribes. She was born in the wildernesses of eastern Nevarra, close to the Free Marches border. Soracha is 26 years old.

Physical Characteristics

Soracha is tall, toned and intense, several clan markings adorn her back, left shoulder and left arm, one trails down from her left hip to left calf. She wears a collection of whatever has been of use and whatever was to hand at the time, with thick leather worn across her chest and back in layers and a belt with a loin cloth of chain-covered leather wrapped around her waist. She wears a bear pelt as a coat, and the head remains intact as both hood and helmet, its' teeth still in place. When aforementioned hood is down, her dark brown hair is visible. It is rarely allowed the luxury of hanging free, and is more often than not tied around the salvaged horn of an Ogre - her first darkspawn kill, many a year ago.

Her eyes are strange - not the brown or hazel as is common of her line and clan, but a very, very pale blue.

Soracha is no simpleton, though he intelligence is very rarely questioned anyway - she is the designated leader of a tribe, however small, and in Nevarra at least that doesn't stand for nothing. She is quick to trust under the assumption that those whom she trusts share a similar opinion of the term - their is a sense of honour in others knowing you can be trusted. She is even quicker to anger should she be betrayed. Soracha doesn't leave her people behind - ever.

Currently, she is going ballistic - her tribe lies crimson in the snow due to darkspawn, and she has yet to find another living soul. As a person, Soracha as a perfectly heroic, kind-hearted sort - though, it has to be said, she can get a little bit too full of herself and what she thinks she's capable of doesn't always match up so well to the reality of the situation.

The Maker? Pfft. If the Maker really wanted mankind to survive these Blights, would he not ensure as such? Soracha doesn't care if other men spend alltheir time worshipping their imaginary friend, but she wants no part in it.

Equipment & Gear

• A heavy gauntlet with two blades running parallel along it
  • Travelling supplies
  • Trapping kit
  • Bandages

-------------------------------

While I won't have us specifically hunting around for bandages or carefully keeping track of absolutely everything, there's your basic idea of the character sheet. I think we'll be best of meeting up in the Free Marches or Ferelden, even if we don't stay there. Have the RP starting just as Antiva and Nevarra are about to fall to the darkspawn.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Sorry I'm not online much. but I should be able to get on much more often now.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:21 am

My character sheet might take a bit to create, because I need to familiarize myself with much of the Dragon Age lore, and refamiliarize myself with the little bit that I did at one time know... So, just don't expect mine to be the next one up or anything Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Basic Statistics

Name: For now it’s simply “Dog”
Age: Young enough to still act like an exuberant puppy, though his exact age is unknown.
Lives in Denerim.

Physical Characteristics

Dog is an impressive example of his race, nearly three and a half feet at the shoulder and easily as tall as Qunari when standing on his hindquarters. Powerful muscles ripple his legs, torso, jaws and neck, barely masked by the short brindle coat. Intelligent chocolate eyes gaze out from above a stout snout lined with thick knife like teeth that are able to crush bone and rend flesh with little effort. Dog is missing his left ear and has several notable scars. A long thick line across his taut belly from when he was gutted and left to die as a pup, several hairless spots dot his abdomen from being hit by hot oil by angry storekeepers, and the small sword swing which claimed his ear also left a scar which travels between his eyes and down his snout before leaving a small cleft atop his wet black nose.

Being a Mabari, Dog is inherently intelligent. While he may lack the ability to speak with words, body language, barks, growls and whines have gotten him along just fine. He might be a hulking brute of an animal but really he’s actually got a good head on his shoulders despite his hard upbringing. He may not let any old stranger pet him but by the same token he wouldn’t let a mugger get away clean when he’s sitting right there. Good luck fully earning his trust though, Dog is still just a scared and lonely puppy deep down and he longs to find a companion as all Mabari do.

Dog definitely wears his heart on his sleeve so to speak. For him, if an emotion is triggered it must be displayed, for better or worse. Whether it’s the urge to run around and play, whine when he’s frightened or to growl ferociously at a thief Dog makes it clear to all those who will listen exactly what’s on his mind.
Like all Mabari, Dog is loyal till the end once he’s made a friend. Courageous to a fault in his single-minded dogged (pun intended) determination to protect them from any threat, big or small, ogre or rat.

He’s a dog. He’d rather lick himself than pray.

Equipment & Gear

Because he was abandon as a puppy and has yet to imprint himself to another he wears neither collar nor kaddis.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Okay - accepted. Also answers the questions as to where the characters should begin. Have to say, I'm quite pleased that somebody's gonna play a dog - mabari are just too cute to leave out of this. Especially when plastered with blood. Laughing
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:49 pm

I was torn between Antivan (Crow) and Qunari for a while there, but I wasn't really satisfied with either option.

Then I was like "Oh my god, of course!" The Mabari are just epic. I love the lore surrounding them. Plus playing as a character that doesn't speak will be an interesting change of pace.

I also wanna say that I haven't gotten the chance to play Awakening yet, so my knowledge is limited to what you learn in Origins. Luckily I played the crap out of that game so I've got it pegged down pretty good.

Anyway, glad to be aboard.

ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:23 am

No worries - I didn't play Awakenings yet either. I know what happens, so I'm slow to get it, but I probably will eventually.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Basic Statistics

Name: Mottull. No last name.

Race: Dwarf.

Cast: Castless, once of the Warrior Cast.

Physical Characteristics

This guy puts you in mind of a billowing sandstorm. He has narrow black eyes that are like two drops of oil. A big thick dwarves nose sits in the middle of his face. Followed quickly by a big bushy mustache that rolls out into an even bigger and bushier beard. The only style fit to describe it is, hobo-ish. His thick, straight, black hair is worn in a free style, flowing behind him. He has a wide brutish build. Seemingly built like a tree stump and just as short as any dwarf to boot. And his skin is tanned and weather beaten from being on the surface.

Mottull has the mind set of any proud dwarf. Leave me alone, or I’ll lop your legs off at the knee. Of course, this doesn’t mean he hates people. In fact he enjoys going to loud pubs, getting drunk and being loud with the rest. It’s just the idiots of the surface world he doesn’t like and trust. Some would say he is easily aggravated and aggressive. But being a dwarf, this is easily understandable. He comes from a background of strict role settings and honor system.

Mottull hold his emotions in check as well as the next dwarf. Bringing his anger to battle to give him more of a rage filled fighting style. Though, if someone makes him angry enough, he will pull both axes out and lop the persons legs off at the knee.

At one time he did believe in the great Stone, but after being thrown out of his beloved Orzammar for something he did not do.

Equipment & Gear

Weapons: Two steel dwarves forged hand axes.

Armor: Mottull wears a complete set of Warrior Cast Dwarven Heavy Armor. It consist of a Helm, a Breast Plate, Greaves, Boots and Gloves.

Personal Objects: Only carries around a satchel of bandages, a few whet stones for sharpening his weapons, and a rolled up sleeping bag.

Here's my CS. I need to do a few other things to it, but I wanted to get something up to show that I actually want to be in this RP.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:16 pm

We have a dwarf! Cool.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Now we just need a dalish.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzo Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:54 am

Aye, then we've got every 'normal' race covered, even the dogs. Be fun to have a Qunari, though - just so you could say we've got one of everything, heh.
Renzo
Renzo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:04 pm

I think I'm going to step out of this one. I just don't have the time for the research this would require. I haven't played much of the game, so I just don't know enough about it. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:26 pm

I think I'm going to step out as well. I beginning to feel a little overwhelmed from the RP's that I'm already in. Sorry guys...
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm having the exact opposite problem, seems like 100% of my RPs died at the same time.

Looking forward to kickin this one off.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next