FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Our Song" - Songs that Mark Relationships

+4
The Melancholy Spirit
Gadreille
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
8 posters

Go down

"Our Song" - Songs that Mark Relationships Empty "Our Song" - Songs that Mark Relationships

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:04 pm

It's pretty obvious that a lot of different couples choose songs to mark their relationship, ones that work well for how their relationship feels or how it's going.

I was talking to Misery last night to discuss what song ours could possibly be, and I realized that it's not really an easy decision to make. Like he said, "Songs are static, but relationships change." However, I see absolutely no reason why we couldn't choose a song for our relationship right now as it is and change it as our relationship changes and - hopefully - grows.

Misery and I decided that for this point in our relationship, we decided that "Two is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls, featuring Taylor Swift is our song.

Spoiler:

We aren't the only ones who have a song to mark our relationship! Post the songs that mark your current or past relationships here! It would be awesome if you could provide a YouTube link to that song here - please, do not embed the video - so we can all load it and enjoy it.

If you want, you can even tell us which songs encompass a break-up from your past relationships. After all, break-up songs mark the end of a relationship, and the song of a relationship can change, so it works!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

"Our Song" - Songs that Mark Relationships Empty Re: "Our Song" - Songs that Mark Relationships

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Sweet Sixteen by Kate Earl

We wanted this to be our First Dance song at our wedding...but the DJ somehow lost it... It was the only disappointing thing about the wedding though. It is important to us because we first got together when we were sixteen, and the song itself sort of encompasses everything that was going on throughout our young lives during the early stages of our relationship.

Lyrics:
Spoiler:

Couldn't find a video that wasn't live. And I didn't like the live version...

Back to top Go down

"Our Song" - Songs that Mark Relationships Empty Re: "Our Song" - Songs that Mark Relationships

Post by Gunneh Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Good gracious, this certainly is a very hard thing to think about. Truly, I'm a very musical personality. Now, let's not go and get that confused with the idea that I have any discernible musical abilities other than the singing that God has so graciously given to my mother's side of the family. In all honesty, it's been terribly hard to come up with one specific song for my relationship with Lindsey. Best I've come up with so far has been [THIS].

Spoiler:

Also, I've got one to add. This isn't really for LOVE, per se, but rather for love LOST. Everyone needs that one song that helps them get out of that depression, and [THIS] is mine. Lyrics run with the video.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Slightly corrected lyrics Smile

Silvone Elestahr wrote:Sweet Sixteen by Kate Earl

Lyrics:
Spoiler:
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 am

It is impossible to ever pick a single song for such things, for anything really. There are, however, several songs that make me think of someone that I lost due to my own idiocy of not recognizing things soon enough. Can barely handle seeing a picture of her or anything with breaking down, as weak as that sounds… anyway here are a few of those:

Nightwish – Ever Dream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueUnwQsiLeo

Sentenced – Sun Won’t Shine (Live Video because his voice is better here than on the album version, more melancholy and less rocky)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFzX4aUD0kY

Edguy – Forever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnAo0j6UmM

Sonata Arctica – My Selene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vJAPiRhRT8
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 am

There are a lot of songs/relationships I'd like to forget, but I'm still willing to admit to 'becoming a real man' with "Manic Depression" by Jimi Hendrix playing on the radio; I think I had a CD in on random, something she picked out. Not that I minded, I love Hendrix.

Of course, she turned out to be a compulsive liar and so forth, but that's kind of secondary to the point.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Actually the truth is that with my husband and I, we don't really have problems finding our song. Or we didn't. There are only two songs that have ever just stuck with us and they couldn't be at more opposite ends of the genre spectrum. The first one is "Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold and then the second is "Forever And Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis. "Dear God" stands for how he's always away from me due to the Navy and "Forever And Ever, Amen" is meaningful because well with him always gone I can't help but wondering 'oh when is he going to leave me.' I belittle myself a lot in real life and I keep thinking that eventually he's going to leave me for someone better, someone prettier or smarter. It just never really made sense for him to love me and yet he does. Everyday he loves me. But anyway here are the lyrics and links to the songs if you want to hear them.

"Dear God"

Spoiler:

"Forever And Ever, Amen"

Spoiler:
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

We never actually took the time to choose a song, as it wasn't such a big deal to us. Non the less, there is one which we both practically worship, and that is tear you apart. A song just as dirty as we are! Razz
Long intro, and some swears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXd-39W_qZU

The everman.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_End Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:41 pm

The Cure - Lovesong.

Almost cliche, but I'll be damned if that isn't the perfect song for every serious relationship I've ever been caught up in.
The_End
The_End
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:54 am

My wife and I have several songs that we consider "our songs." But there is two in particular that I will post. The first one is this one. Passenger Seat by Death Cab for Cutie.
Spoiler:

The reason this one has a special place in our hearts is rather simple. We love driving/traveling/just planing moving around. I can't tell you how many time we grew bored at 1 o'clock in the morning and decided to just drive and drive. Often finding ourselves in some small town or in one of the many large forest surrounding the Seattle area. Added to the fact that after learning this song and playing it for her on the piano on our first year anniversary. Yes this song has special place in our hearts.

The second is, Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden.
Spoiler:

While this band or even the song is not my particular cup of tea. She loves it, she loves the meaning of it, and who am I to deny her any of that. Very Happy Plus this will be our song played at the larger wedding for the family. (As I mentioned before they guilted us into it. XD ) Quite frankly I don't care what we dance to that day, long as she remembers it for the rest of her life.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Okay, feel completely free to make fun of me endlessly for this one, but for one particular relationship I was in the song was "Thunder" by Boys Like Girls, I can't listen to the song now, to say the least >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down