FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

+6
Fallenknight13X
Sunwolf007
Silvan Arrow
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Loki
10 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 16 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Loki Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Like was mentioned, I was waiting for everybody else to post and I just wanted to make sure that you were ready to retun to the main story. I'll have something up once quaker finds time.

In the meantime, prepare yourselves for a whole lot of epic because shit is about to go down. It seems that plague is too preoccupied elsewhere to assume the role of the antagonist, so I am officially assuming full control of him.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 16 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Loki Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Wow, no sooner do I say that then Quaker finishes posting. Alright, you all have a bit of homework for this upcoming portion.

1)You all need to make a character that will play as an Udonis Magi (saturate henchman).

Code:

[B]Name:[/b]
[B]Gender:[/b]
[B]Appearance:[/b]
[B]Type:[/b]
[B]Abilities:[/b]

2) Pair off. The characters you have just created will be fighting the group at the leyline, meaning all saturate abilities are overcharged and have deep wells of essence at their disposal. The reason you are pairing off is because you will be fighting one another's characters with the newly created magi. That's right, we will be battling eachother. Very Happy I will be controlling the magi that will be matched against Raewyn and Loki, so Muse's magi will be fighting whoever wishes to go against Tsume. Feel free to begin discussion (or calling dibs) of who you wish your opponant to be. Muse and I will count as one party, which will make teams even for the pairing.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Sweet! This sounds awesome! I've actually been wondering when we would get into another battle. If I may make a request, I've had this idea for a battle sequence running in my head for quite a while of Eri and Arashi doing an aerial dogfight with another Summoner/Creature duo. If anyone is just itching to create such a character for their Udonis Magi, I'd be happy to make a character that suits whatever fighting style you want to write.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:52 pm

Question! Must I use David or can I create another character?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Sun, you are required to make a different character for this. David will not be in this part.

As a means to overcharge summoners, their creatures are 50% larger and classify as moderate users over an element that most closely relates to them.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Wait wait...you mean Arashi gets super-sized?! AWESOME!!! Now I reaaaaally want to write an aerial battle against some other flying summon. Any takers?
Bird

(Loki, is it okay to ask for specific opponents like this? I don't want to force anyone to make a particular type of character that they may not prefer, so feel free to bop me on the head or something if I'm overstepping my bounds.)
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

There's no problem with making requests; after all, it is up to the player whether or not the choose to take you up on it. Wink

Plus, if you have no takers this time around, I can easily make arrangements to give you what you want in the final encounter. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:22 am

So...I just read your latest post, Loki.

Holy. Freaking. Cow. SO GOOD!!!!!! That's gotta be my single favorite Loki character-development post so far! Hahaha...that outburst puts Eri's to shame back when she yelled at Owen about his legacy. Bravo!!! Clap Clap Clap
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:24 am

I'm glad you liked it. It's been a while in the making, but I saw an opening to truly get Loki out there and I went for it with all I had. I am more than pleased with the results.

Anyways...

Looks like the pairing has been decided more or less.

Quaker's magi will fight Eri.
Silvan's magi will fight Owen.
Sun's magi will fight Jake.
Muse's magi will fight Tsume.

Any objections?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am

Works for me...not to come up with a half-baked...er whole baked...wait. Yeah I'll get it tomorrow. LOLs
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:39 am

Looks good! I'll get brainstorming on a character ASAP and try to have one by the end of the weekend at the latest - I have a jazz showcase and a crapload of work this weekend, so I'll be splitting minutes most of the time.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:46 am

Name: Jasper Teran

Appearance: Jasper stands at a below average height of 5'6, built skinny and lean. His muscles are wirey, but well maintained. His brow is built slightly larger, giving his eyes an overshadow at nearly any time of day. Blonde haired and blue eyed, he is not that pretty to look at either. A series of burns on his face have left him with a less than attractive look. His hair is short, but he sports sideburns that come halfway down his jaw. A dragon tattoo along his neck hints at a hidden ace up his sleeve, but to most, it is mere decoration.

As to what he wears, he can often be seen with a black bandana sporting tiny blades criss-crossing at regulare intervals on his head. A brown vest with a few pockets for ammo and small weapons is always upon his person. A red long sleeve shirt is worn underneath that, but sites where the fabric has been cut or torn lead one to believe how much combat the shirt has seen. Black pants that fit just right on his person also carry multiple pockets. Black sneakers complete the entire assemble, while multiple accessories dot his attire. A simple grey watch is attached to his left wrist, a small gold chain is laced around his neck, simple silver piercings in each ear, and large gold rings on both index fingers. Holsters upon his body hold his rifle on his back, his pistols under each arm, and his dagger on his lower back.

Weapons:
-2 Ruger Revolvers
-1 Bolt Action Rifle
-1 Serrated dagger

Type: Summoner

Abilities:
Dragon Summoning- Jasper's creature that appeared to him in the midst of his training, was that of absolute fear and power. A creature that has not been seen or heard of in milennia, and have faded back into the fables of legend. Kuresh is the Dragon's name. On four legs it stands at an intimidating 7 feet tall when fully formed, and a terrifying 13 feet when on it's hind legs. It's eyes are blood red, it's scales darkness black, and it protrudes an aura of death and suffering. It is an exact replica of it's master, and does not even try to hide the fact in it's lust for power. It can breathe fire just like the dragons of legends, but it's physical strength is what gives it the edge over most other summoned creatures, especially airbourne ones.

Fire manipulation - Since Kuresh is bred from the very heat of hate, limited manipulation of fire is granted to Jasper while he is within the Ley Line.

Weapon Recall - While most other summoners have some sort of weapon they can form from energy alone, Jasper does not. Instead, his very equipment is that weapon. If his weapons are thrown away from him, or destroyed, he simply recalls the weapon into his hands in prime condition. They are not as powerful as a summoned weapon, but he can do this with any of his equipment.

This is what Eri will be going up against! I suggest you all perform the necessary funeral arrangements Twisted Evil

Last edited by quakernuts on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:00 am

Oh yes, I forgot to mention. It is up to you as players to decide whether these magi you create parish in the upcoming battle or if they make one more (slightly less epic) battle later on. Their major role is at the leyline, once the portion of the story is passed, their second appearance will be more fleeting, though still significant. Of course I can also have them survive the second encounter if you wish them to show up in the next Viemera RP I host pending we choose the chapter following the Essence of Deceit.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Saturate Enemy character
Name: T’yang Bin
Weapon(s):Steel-edged War fans
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Personality: Cold, detached and completely mercenary. T’yang watches out for herself alone. She may ally with others if their goals are in common, but she will never be loyal to them. She rarely speaks unless directly addressed and always gives the impression of superb control and calm.
Type: User
Powers: Manipulation of shadows/darkness as solid forms. Superbly skilled in martial arts, hand to hand and blades.
Bio: T’yang Bin was born and raised near the Temple of the Goddess. Her parents were both Saturates of the Temple and when she showed her powers early, she was also dedicated to the Temple for her training. She trained with other children her age and excelled. She chose an unusual weapon for her training; that of large, weighted war fans. She learned to use the steel back fans as sword, shield, cudgel and more. She was swift and elegant which made most opponents underestimate her to their detriment.

During her years of training, she met Tsume when they were both in their late teens. They were rivals and in their friendly competitive nature, pushed one another to great heights of success in their respective ranks. In their early twenties, however that competition turned to the seeds of young love. The pair became lovers and spent every spare moment in one another’s company. But as T’yang grew closer to Tsume, he never lost sight of his true calling. His training became more intense and he was forced to spend more and more time away from T’yang. Time she resented losing. She was willing to give up everything to him. He couldn’t do the same.

After he had been parted from her for a week of lessons, a tearful T’yang demanded Tsume chose. A life with her in her arms or as a monk dedicated to a Goddess that did not exist. Crushed by the ultimatum, Tsume chose life at the Temple.

T’yang’s life spiraled into darkness from that day forward. She knew the meaning of hate. She became embittered and exiled herself from the Temple. She grew cold and refused all overtures from her family to return. Selling her abilities to any that could afford it, she developed a reputation for the cold efficiency of eliminating ‘problems’.

Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 am

Ok I am going to post this so you know what is going on. First off I haven't been able to keep up with the RP posts over the weekend so I am behind. A good friend's dad died and I have to be there for him over the next few days so it will be awhile before I get caught up. I was at the first visitation tonight and have to show up tomorrow and at the funeral on Tuesday. bottom line: I will not be able to keep up for the next few days. I will try to get caught up soon but I don't know when I will have time.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am

I'm sorry about your friend, Sun...take all the time you need
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah, no worries, Sunwolf. I'm glad you're able to be there for your friend, and that should definitely come first. As an update, I'm still working on my character. My weekend got away from me way too fast - I spent most of it rehearsing and performing in a dance showcase and am really behind on most of my grad school work. I have at least a concept to work with now. And Sunwolf, please feel free to request any changes in my character's abilities if you want to fight a certain type of opponent.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:57 pm

This is what I do instead of working on a major presentation for physiology Razz Enjoy, and feel free to request any changes, especially Sunwolf, since Owen gets to fight this one.

Udonis Magi

Name: Arina Motkova
Appearance: Arina stands at a diminutive 4’11” and possesses a petite, wiry frame that makes her look surprisingly fragile and delicate. Her straight, platinum blonde hair hangs down to the small of her back, her skin is pale like she never gets out in the sun, and her startlingly clear, light blue eyes dominate her facial features. Arina typically dresses in multiple, thick layers no matter the weather. She wears a bright blue wool turtleneck that brings out the color of her eyes and a wool muffler dyed blue with white snowflakes. In extremely cold weather, she’ll add a pair of fuzzy white earmuffs, mittens, and hat. Over that she dons a thick gray parka that comes down to her mid-calf like a trench coat. A pair of acid wash skinny jeans and thick, fur-lined leather boots completes the look.

Type: User

Abilities:
Ice Manipulation:
Arina can pull the moisture out of the air and freeze it into ice crystals of varying sizes and shapes to attack or defend. By holding out her hand and freezing water droplets with her breath, she can fire clouds of ice shards as projectiles ranging in size from thousands of pinhead-sized crystals to cause as much pain as possible to fist-sized hailstones. She can also create individual ice blocks the size of her body and fire those as projectiles or use them as shields to block attacks. Her abilities are at their strongest during precipitation events, such as rain but especially snow. In such instances, she can direct the water to entomb her opponent completely in ice.

While she is not as skilled in hand-to-hand combat, her most frightening abilities emerge at close range. She can manipulate and freeze the water inside living organisms through touch or draw out that water to create her ice projectiles. For instance, she can touch a tree and draw out all of its water, thereby killing it, if she cannot obtain enough moisture from the air for her ice attacks. She can do the same thing in a more limited manner over distance. For instance, if the opponent is standing in grass, she can draw water from the grass and freeze it around the opponent’s feet and trap them. She can also draw out the water of a human opponent if he/she has an open wound. Otherwise, if she can maintain physical contact for long enough, she can freeze the water in his/her blood. And since water expands when it freezes, such a move makes the blood vessels rupture and kills the opponent.

Biography: Arina was born and raised as an only child high up in the mountains north of Renrir, where the winters are harsh and snow remains on the mountain peaks for most of the year. She lived in a small community of Therians who had been driven into exile due to their extremist beliefs regarding the Goddess, that she is only a harbinger of destruction and that she and all Saturates should be exterminated as violators of the divine will for the world. She accepted these teachings without question, having grown up knowing nothing else, and lived a mostly normal childhood until her 14th birthday.

Not long after that, she was outside playing in the snow with her friends when she noticed that the snow kept moving around her hands as if it had a mind of its own. When she started playing with the snow and trying to manipulate it, the other children screamed in fright, throwing around words like “demon” and “monster” and ran home to tell their parents. Terrified, Arina also ran home and locked herself in her room. Less than an hour later, she heard the furious pounding of multiple fists on her door and the unsheathing of weapons. When she screamed for her parents to help her, she heard their voices mingled with those of the mob – even they had turned on her as well. In a burst of terrified emotion, her newly discovered powers went out of control, and clouds of ice shards and stalagmites burst through the floor and skewered everyone in the house, killing them almost instantly.

Horrified and in shock, Arina fled her village and stumbled through the snow-covered wilderness until night fell. However, before she could succumb to the elements or to wild beasts, underlings of Lord Udonis found her. Sensing her new powers, they filled her ears with sweet, seductive words that she was special and that she could use her abilities for a greater purpose. She received training on how to control her powers and was recognized as a protégé in ice manipulation. However, she still struggles to reconcile her identity as a Saturate with the teachings that were grilled into her as a child, and she often goes through periods of hating herself for what she has become. She goes through her days now numbly following orders, portraying an outwardly childish, innocent façade to disguise the hideous self-loathing underneath the surface.

Innocent-looking girl with sadistic tendencies? Have fuuuuuun, Owen!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 am

Quakernuts you got any preference of abilities before I go and start character creating? I know I have been busy with the whole November novel thing and some personal stuff but I am looking forward to getting back into this RP. I am going to do some character creation over the weekend so yeah. Sorry to keep you guys waiting.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 am

No preferences at all man, make up whatever you wish Very Happy
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 am

Question for Loki: Are you going to post anything for Tsume to advance the story, or should we respond to Loki's reaction first? I'm finally getting to a point where life is getting less crazy and I'll actually be able to write a post soon.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Waiting for a reaction, this is a brief intermission to work on Loki's development a bit while everybody gets their Magi characters up.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Okay, good to know. I'm still playing catch-up from spending the past two days doing nothing but studying, so I'll get a post up later this week.

EDIT: Posted!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Ok sorry to keep this RP from progressing. I have been busy but I have at least decided an ability for my new enemy character. I am just going to dig through some old profiles and piece together something. I hope to get that done soon. I also will post soon so that I wont be keeping us from progressing.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Sounds good Sun, thanks for the update. If you need any help coming up with a Magi, I'm sure some of the other players would be more than happy to help out.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:50 am

Actually I am going to have to take you up on that offer. Here is what I have right now for my new enemy character:

Male
Light user or Light manipulator

If everyone could help me fill in the details about appearance, weapons, background (if any) and the like I would be extremely grateful. College is going to be pretty demanding this week but I will make a point of it to post today or tomorrow. Sorry I keep holding this up. I will try to do better in the future.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Hun, don't even worry about holding us up. I went through a rough patch too and you guys were great. Real life first. Smile

As for your light manipulator. How about a partner or rival for my shadow manipulator? In the fight we'd split up to our individual opponents, of course, but it would help give you a built in back ground. At least for after the time my girl left the temple. Being opposites, we could be a team or always competing against each other in the group of baddies.

Male, 29-32? Fair haired, gray eyes, goatee, slender, but wide-shouldered build. Uses light to blind, flash, heat,create illusions, bends light to mask things or create invisibilty. Speed of light, almost a teleportation thing.

Non-Saturate abilities, stealth, ambush attacks, martial arts geared toward misdirection, like Tai-Chi and Aikido. Never attacks head on, always uses guerilla tactics. Wears an opponent down with a myriad of injuries or plain exhaustion.

I dunno I'm just tossing thing out there to see what the others can add to the pile. LOLs
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:29 pm

I was also thinking a fair-haired male. Maybe he could also be the opposite of Muse's character in terms of personality. Perhaps he means well and honestly thinks the Goddess and Saturates are a danger to the world, and somehow Lord Udonis has convinced him that his side is the only way to keep the peace or something like that. I dunno...I'm also just tossing stuff out there to see what happens.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Actually, the whole guerilla tactics sounds pretty good to me, considering that Jake is a stand up fighter and fighting him head on would be fighting on his terms. Plus, with the whole hit and run scene would definitely piss Jake off, maybe cause him to either go completely beserk, or make him mad enough to start making mistakes.

As for the speed of light thing, as long as it isn't over powered, the super speed would definitely be a good match up against Jake's enhanced reflexes.

Just throwin my two cents in there.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 pm

That's where I was going too, Quaker. A head on assault against Jake is just foolish. But making Jake fight a hit and run battle might be wonderful fodder for RP.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next