FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

+6
Fallenknight13X
Sunwolf007
Silvan Arrow
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Loki
10 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Loki Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:30 am

Muse - I forgot to mention that you can take control of Marinik up to the point when the unknown character spears the hood of the car. That way I won't take control of your character and you can either have some dialogue between Raewyn and Marinik or sleep through the journey. Just make sure he doesn't inform you that you are the Goddess yet.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Digital Muse Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Ahhh alright. I'll edit my post to get them to the spot in the forest where mystery man skewers the car.

Edit - Post edited and updated
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:13 pm

@Quakernuts: I dunno if you want to add a bit to your post reacting to the wave of fear that Raewyn sends out unwittingly when her car is stopped. It's not focused, but is probably is quite strong due to her own fear. Just an idea.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 am

Sorry, just kind of slipped my mind there at the end. Edit incoming, but I think my character will be resistant to the emotion string pulling simply because he's aloof in everything he does. His mind is rarely focused on any one thing and that makes it hard for anyone to really control his emotions.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:05 am

Oh, I didn't mean that he'd be overcome or anything. Just that he'd feel it.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:30 pm

@Silvan - I'm just wanting to make sure that you want to meet us in Fuuren after the next round of posts rather than witness the next portion of the story line. It is possible with your character since you have the seeker ability of sensing saturates, which will also allow you to sense out The Goddess from the rest. Just to let you know, the monk will caution us to be cautious around strangers since there is no easy way of telling if you are an agent similar to Marinik.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Yeah, I definitely want to meet up with the rest of you guys. That's why I placed my character in Fuuren and left it open with her not having left yet. If you would rather have her fly out to where the fight is taking place, I can edit my post quite easily. Sorry, I just got confused as to where you wanted us all to meet. Just let me know, and I'll edit my post accordingly.

And whoa, I'm way behind in the OOC thread. For some reason, I didn't get an email alert saying that all these posts had been added. My bad!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:26 pm

It would make things easier to be involved in the fight and the aftermath thereof. So please write it so that you leave Fuuren and are in the field with the rest of us.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Okay, will do! That will actually make things easier for me as well. I was struggling with how to keep her antisocial personality in character and still meet up with the others, but I can definitely work with this.

EDIT: I just finished editing my post. Eri and Arashi are now in the clearing with others. I hope the changes worked out okay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Story post made, Tsume is out of the fight for this round of posts. Now is your chance to fight Marinik if you wish to do so, just be sure not to defeat him. Feel free to control him as you wish to make your fight entertaining. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:44 am

Hey, guys, I just wanted to apologize for taking so long to post. Exams, senior seminar, and Halloween kinda got in the way. But I just posted a couple minutes ago, and I don't intend on taking that long again.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:08 am

Not to worry, I figured there would be some lag around the holiday. The posts are fantastic, very well thought out battles. I will begin on the next post and hopefully have it up in a few days.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:18 am

@SilvanArrow - Very nice post. I like the give and take of the battle and how you showed both power AND vulnerability. *clap clap clap.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:22 pm

*blushes* Wow, thank you so much, Digital Muse! I was afraid that post wasn't going to come out as well because I wrote it in a hurry, but I'm really glad you liked it!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:52 am

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to let you all know that I posted in the IC thread. I didn't mean to post out of order, but an idea just came to me and I ran with it while I had the inspiration. If this interferes with anyone else's plans, please let me know and I will be happy to edit. I just didn't want to hold the RP up like I did last time.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:26 am

No worries, there really is no post order. If there is something you want to react to, then by all means, don't hesitate. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 am

So just curious: who's going to post next?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 am

I am, just got caught up with a few things. I'll probably have a post done by today. Thumbs Up
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Posted. Muse, you may take control of Tsume if you need to do so. I'm leaving it up to you whether you choose to wait for the other agent to show up.

Silvan and Quaker, you can either react to the information I have given you or wait for Muse to post.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 pm

I've posted, so the others can post at will.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Nice post, Digital Muse! I'm currently trying to drum up the motivation to finish cramming for a test, but I'll definitely have something posted by the end of the weekend, if not sooner.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:52 am

Hello all. Over the weekend I have been working on details of a character with Loki and have finally finished. I should be joining the group in the next town. I am really looking forward to this RP!

Public name: James Colston

Weapon(s):
Sword Bayonet
Spoiler:

Revolvers (One under each arm for a total of two)
Spoiler:

Pump action rifle
Spoiler:

Over under shotgun
Spoiler:

Appearance:
Owen is about 6’ with bright blue eyes and short brown hair. He never has any facial hair due to the fact people expect salesmen to look like that. He isn’t as muscular as a true ax wielding warrior but he is not a twig either. He wears a well used brown trench coat which the pockets are full of ammunition or useful items for traveling. Under the trench coat he wears a grey t-shirt. He also wears an ammunition belt with .45 & .45-70 ammunition in it. The ammunition belt holds up blue jeans that are usually somewhat faded. He also wears a broken in pair of brown hiking boots.

Personality:
Reserved when not trying to sell firearms. He usually never volunteers information about himself unless he is trying to sell a firearm. It is said that he lives under the creed, “I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman.” In fact when asked about it he doesn’t deny it but only responds, “Maybe.” He uses this reputation to get the gunfighters of society interested in his weapons. He earned the nickname ‘Peacemaker’ because when the debris settles he has made his peace. He gets into a lot of gun fights and his body count is high. All in an effort to display the power of his firearms.

When asked if he is a one man war machine he replies, “No. But I will sell the war materials to both sides.” Or when asked how many weapons he needs he replies, “I just get excitable as to choice, like to have my options open.” He jokes about his overly armed self at times. He doesn’t make a habit of backing down from fights, especially fights that can display the capabilities of his firearms.

While in a bar trying to be off duty he can seem serious and always has a look of a serious man despite what he says. He grew up fast and it shows. He always looks at things as logically as he can before acting. He tries to warn people about who he is before they start a fight. He is well known throughout many areas but no one can say they truly know him and his points of view. He always keeps his word but he does many things that people disagree with.

Type: User

Powers: Electrical manipulation

Lightning bolt:
He can directly attack multiple targets with electrical energy to varying degrees. He focused more on control that power so he can hit multiple targets but usually render them unconscious instead of killing them outright. He can control the amount of power in this attack. It can vary from using a small amount to fry the computer chips in a laser pistol to a large amount being able to burn through thick steel doors. He can also layer things with this ability. For instance he can incase his bullets with electricity to create a burned through bullet hole in something while not looking like a user. Or he can layer the edge of a sword and use it to cut through a limb and cauterize an enemy at the same.

Ball Lightning:
Because he focused on training himself to be in control instead of using the most powerful direct attacks he found he could create ball lightning and then have it explode with concussive force. Ball lighting can travel through glass and thin walls but can’t travel through the ground or thick walls of buildings. When it explodes it is like a hand grenade going off but minus the fragmentation. He can control the size of the ball lighting to get a desired effect. He can use a small one to blind and confuse a target for a few seconds or he could use a larger one and blow open a door and part of the wall. The drawback is that in buildings the concussive force bounces off walls and will do damage to him as well.

Bio:
Owen was born to a prominent merchant family as the middle child. He had an older brother, James, who was a year older at the time and his younger sister was born a year and a half later. His mother was a Seedist and a user. His father ran the business and only believed in hard facts. From an early age Owen was introduced to guns. The family business was a semi-large business that was based on Essence weapons and blades. They had stores in multiple major cities and a few on every continent. By the age of 5 he could hit a tin can at 50 yards with his .22 handgun. The only reason it was at an early age was because it was always a competition between him and his brother to see who was better. They were inseparable and from an early age always ‘friendly competing’ with each other.

He felt like he was living in his brother’s shadow and in fact at times was. His older brother James would take over the family business because he was much more calculating like their father. At an early age this was all but written in stone so at the age of 10 he decided to become a Monk from the Temple of the Goddess. With the backing of his mother he was able to join and began rigorously training. During the years spent at the temple he was never a success or a failure. He did get into his fair share of trouble but had a good heart and logical head on his shoulders. He specialized in lasers and firearms and trained to become proficient in all available weapons trying to find his favorite. He never became proficient in bladed weapons. In fact he was below average in that category of the training which caused his nonessance weapon to be a revolver. At the age of 16 he manifested his electrical capabilities and began training with those. He rose to Acolyte of the Temple and with his user abilities looked like a good candidate for becoming a Monk.

On his 17th birthday everything changed. He had arranged to meet his family in a nearby town for a celebration of his success and a birthday party all in one. His family wanted to show the fact that they had a child on his way to becoming a Monk to all the other prominent families. With this being in the first year of the drought weapon sales were climbing due to people stocking up. In fact James had been pushing for a nonessance line of weapons for years and after their father listened and created a new branch of the company. It became fully operational the year the Goddess died and had been raking in money like the family couldn’t believe. It opened them up to a completely new market and the future of the family looked promising. That night James and Owen sat up late talking because they hadn’t seen each other in a while. James told Owen of a plan of supplying a faction that had some plans for the new Goddess. This led to an argument over who was right and neither would back down from what they believed in. This lead to the only way they knew how to deal with issues, a duel. Owen won but killed his brother in an attempt to save the new Goddess.

Filled with grief he told his story to the temple but with no one to back up the facts it looked as if Owen killed his brother in cold blood. He was branded a traitor for murder and lies. He was then exiled form the Order. Part of him died that night he pulled the trigger. He showed up in his hometown to find that his parents were frantically looking for James who had disappeared. Owen admitted to burying his brother and said he got himself banished from the Order to fulfill his brother’s role. But a banished Monk from the Order was going to be bad for business so instead of admitting that James was dead they claimed that Owen was the child who had died. This killed him inside to be labeled with his brother’s name who he had always loved, respected and at times admired. The Order knew the truth of who had died but under request of the family didn’t reveal the information to the public. Owen used this to his advantage to bury from his family that it was him that had pulled the trigger on the gun that killed James.

Owen’s first act as James was to go to an uninhabited island with a rifle and ammunition to publicly claim how good their guns were. He survived for 3 months on 85 rounds of ammunition which is less than a round a day. This feat promoted sales and proved to his father that he had what it took to run the nonessance division of the company. Owen was given control of the division on his 18th birthday and has been running it ever since. He broke away from the faction that wanted arms without letting them meet to keep his secret safe. He has never neglected his training of his user ability. On all his travels and while on the island he practiced control of his ability while slowly increasing the power.

With his direction of the division of nonessance weapons it has grown in success over the drought years. He is a wealthy businessman and has ties to most major cities. He has more money than he could ever want and then when he was 21 and a half his bad luck showed up again. He went to the doctors and found that he had an inoperable and incurable brain problem. He had 2 years to live. His family was just getting over the loss of their first son now he knew they would once again be forced to grieve. He determined right then that he would not let this disease kill him. He would find a way to get himself killed in some noble action to redeem himself in his families eyes. Then he and his brother would always be remembered. He has been searching for a cause to throw himself into for the last year now. He has yet to find a cause that meets his needs.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Welcome SunWolf007! I look forward to writing with you.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:05 pm

I look forward to it as well. This has the makings of an awesome RP. I am really looking forward to writing for a character who looks forward to dying. I have never made one like that before so I am curious on how he is going to turn out.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm going to wait another day or two for quaker, after which time I'll go ahead and progress the story.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Sounds good. I was lurking around wondering when someone was going to post.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:10 pm

I hoped no one was waiting on me because I was waiting for the progression of the story. That and away for the thanksgiving holiday and the weekend with little net time. Anyway I will go back to lurking mode until I get to introduce my character to the story.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Actually, if you wanted to Sunwolf, you could post your intro and some background as to why you are in Fuuren.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:24 am

I got a few ideas but I got to finish a paper due Thursday first. After that I should be set for the rest of the semester until exams. Otherwise I would already be working on it.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Sorry for my absent without notice thing going on there. I kind of got caught up in life dealings with no access to my awsome computer here. Even now, I only have a few minutes to let you guys know, but I should be free somewhere at the end of this week, so go ahead without me, and just assume my guy is being cocky to all hell while following you guys. Again, sorry for that Embarassed
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next