FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC]

+2
Silvan Arrow
Nation
6 posters

Go down

[Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC] Empty [Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC]

Post by Nation Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am

[IC] Topic
[Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC] Pokemon_logo
I Wanna Be The Very Best! [Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC] Pokeball

[The Trainers]
TRAINER ROSTER:

The Story:

[Gym Leaders]

Gym Leaders may be privy to information about Team Rocket's operations and various clues which may help you recover your lost Pokemon and/or take down Team Rocket once and for all. Gym Leaders may also have a few extra "things" lying around which may help you and your Pokemon Team.

INDIGO LEAGUE:

JOHTO LEAGUE:

ORANGE LEAGUE:

[Pokemon Info]

Always refer to: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mantine_(Pok%C3%A9mon) if you need Pokemon-related help.

The Pokemon in this world are ferocious.

Long gone are the cuddly Pikachu, Pidgey and Marill. They've retreated underground, underwater and into the skies, where the likelihood of being caught by poachers is not as high. Team Rocket has ushered in the days of aggressive and savage Pokemon like the highly-territorial Houndour and Ursaring, who have been reported to attack travelers and trainers, who have unsuspectingly wandered into their hunting and breeding grounds.
Spoiler:

Pokemon Battles:

[Transportation In The Pokeworld]

KANTO/JOHTO GUIDE:

Transportation:

[Events Board]

EVENT LISTING:
EVENT INFO:

====================

Angry Birds!:

Zapped Oh Noes!:

Limited Event: Mahogany Mealtime:

Limited Event: Research Notes:

=====================

[Suspension of Disbelief]

0. Pokeballs are EXTREMELY rare due to recent events. Use them wisely.
1. Your Pokemon begin weak and by RPing eventually level and grow stronger. All Pokemon begin at Level 5 and have equal stats. In fact, they have no stats.
2. Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 were affected by The Pokemon Purge and have lost their once experienced Pokemon. They are now raising new Pokemon once more.
3. Gym Leaders/Elite 4 grow alongside the RPers. If your first Gym battle is Koga in Fuchsia City, he will be weaker than if you fight Koga as your 5th Gym Leader.
4. Due to Silph Co./Team Rocket's activities, transportation in the Pokeworld has been severely crippled and Trainers must walk/bike everywhere, although several sea-based modes of transportation such as boats are still available.
5. Kanto-pokemon (151 in all) can only be caught in Kanto. Johto-pokemon (100 in all) can only be caught in Johto. Don't overthink it.
6. If it didn't exist in Gen 1 or 2, it doesn't exist in this RP.

Rules:
Golden Rule: Use your imagination and have fun.
1. No Legendaries.
2. No Starters (including Pikachu/Eevee.)
3. No Evolved Pokemon. If a Pokemon has a pre-evolution which does not exist in Gen I/II, assume it doesn't exist. If a Pokemon skill didn't exist in Gen I/II, assume it doesn't exist.
4. No 3rd/4th/5th Gen Pokemon. Don't even ask.

Last edited by Nation on Fri May 18, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

[Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC] Empty Re: [Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC]

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 pm

It looks like you've already got my CS posted, so I won't re-copy it here.

I'm interested in the Research Notes event. I was torn between Zapped Oh Noes and Research Notes, but I think the research one will fit Seiko's personality better.

I'm really excited about this RP! I like the amount of detail and structure you've put into the story world here, and I can't wait to get started!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

[Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC] Empty Re: [Pokemon] I Wanna Be The Very Best! [OOC]

Post by Nation Thu May 17, 2012 10:33 am

-IC TOPIC IS UP: [IC] Topic

-I'm doing Angry Birds! for now.
-Roster updated.
-Guilty sent in his CS and was accepted. Choose an Event btw, Guilty.
-Many Sparrows is finishing up his CS too and I expect I'll have that by today.
-DreamlandDenizen you still need to PM me your CS or just post it here.
IC topic going up in a bit too.

And thanks Silvan Very Happy, I don't know how many of you are familiar with the anime and manga, but I tried to make this RP a blend of the manga+anime+game. In terms of the world, it's more like the manga, but in terms of gameplay mechanics it borrowed only the essentials from the games, with a pinch of anime.

i'm also a bit OCD about organization.

I had someone interested in the RP first time I ran it, but they refused to do it unless I let in Gen 4 Pokemon (of which I'm completely ignorant.) I know next to nothing about the later generations. After the Johto series, I sort of tuned out from Pokemon. D:
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu May 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Well, since I'm not heading to Johto yet, it shall be Zapped Oh Noes! Tie for me to put some electric types in their damn place. Ignoring the lightning rod attached to Sledge's head, that is...

>.>

I'm also fairly familiar with all three, anime, game and the manga. Interesting that you've chosen to hybrid them.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Many Sparrows Fri May 18, 2012 12:55 pm

So sorry, I'm still working on my CS. I ended picking up a couple of shifts at work I wasn't expecting this week. Very sorry, but she should be complete, either today or tomorrow. Again, so sorry.
Many Sparrows
Many Sparrows
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat May 19, 2012 12:58 am

~Here is my character. Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Character Sign-up Sheet:
Name: Kenneth (Ken) Silverdrake
Specialty: Dragon
Appearance: Kenneth has brown hair with a reddish tint, the color of burgundy, that is cut short to the top of his neck. His eyes are a deep sea-blue and he is almost 6 ft tall. He is slight and skinny for his age, and especially for his height. He has some muscle tone, but much of it is underdeveloped. He likes to wear the colors white and blue, generally in the form of a t-shirt and shorts, even during the colder seasons. He also is rarely seen without a signature crimson cape, given to him by his Uncle.
Personality: Ken was raised in Blackthorn City, a member of the rather well known Dragon Master Clan. In fact, his Uncle is the legendary Lance himself, a member of the Elite Four and a prominent player in the thwarting of many of Team Rocket's former schemes. Despite the severity of his relatives, he grew up to be a rather quiet, thoughtful, yet playful child. This may have been partly due to his mother, who married into the family and did not adhere to their rigid values. She gave him ample time to play, chiding those who would have seen him train all day. His father followed the family tradition and was a decent Pokemon trainer in his own right. Though by the time Ken was five years old, his father had settled down to a quiet life and had taken a job at a Pokemon Center so that he could care for injured and sick Pokemon. Ken himself didn't choose to have a Pokemon at that time.

Not long after his father settled down, Ken was to experience a defining moment in his life, around 10 years of age. He had always been close to his Uncle Lance, and Team Rocket sought to exploit the perceived weakness by kidnapping him. Fortunately, his Uncle was able to rescue him, but ever since that moment he held a great fear and distrust of Team Rocket. Soon after this incident he was gifted with a Dratini by the Elder of the Dragon Master clan. He named the Dratini Rith and the two became inseparable friends. He resolved that someday he'd be as strong as his Uncle and that he would never be tricked by Team Rocket again.

Despite this, as he grew, Ken maintained an optimistic, some would say naive, view of the world. He believed that his Uncle and many of the other trainers had all but ended the threat of Team Rocket. He was completely wrong...He was suspicious of the new Champion Pokeballs, but since he had not yet decided to begin life as a Pokemon trainer in earnest, it hadn't effected him or his precious Rith and he didn't really think on it. When thousands of Pokemon were stolen, however, things began to change...Pokemon became less friendly and they appeared less often. Gone was the happy and peaceful world he had once lived in during his childhood. As a young man soon entering into adulthood, he resolved that he would do whatever it took with his beloved Rith to find a way to stop Team Rocket.
Starting Town: Cianwood
Starting Pokemon: Male Dratini named Rith
Rith has formed a deep attachment with Ken and as such doesn't really enjoy the company of others. He isn't openly hostile, but will wrap himself around Ken when scared or upset. In battle, however, he can be quite ferocious and very tenacious. It is rare that he lays down in defeat, striving to fight even when he knows he has lost the battle.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Sorry I've been MIA as of late. I'm helping run a swing dance exchange this weekend, and it's pretty much taken on the feel of a full-time job. Luckily, it ends tonight, and I'll have more time this week to work on a post and catch up with life in general.

Quick question: Should our intro posts just be intros? Or should we dive straight into our chosen events?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Thu May 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Just dive right in and head to the locale respective to your chosen event.
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu May 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Okay, thanks. I'll start working on my post later this afternoon/evening after work and helping teach a ballroom lesson. Sorry for the delay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Was there anything I needed to change in my bio? I didn't see him on the trainer roster so I wasn't sure if he was accepted.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Tue May 29, 2012 8:40 am

Ruu wrote:Was there anything I needed to change in my bio? I didn't see him on the trainer roster so I wasn't sure if he was accepted.

Couldn't edit roster from my phone, but like I told you you're clear to post in the IC.

How was everyone's Memorial Day + weekend? I went to 4 different barbeques and I never want to have grilled food again.
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 pm

~Awesome, thanks Nation! I wasn't sure if you were referring to me in that post or to Silvan Arrow. I'll have a post up soon, though probably not tonight. I think Ken will do the Mahogany Mealtime event if that's okay.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the long silence. GC and I have been working on a collab post, so that should be up within the next few days, if not sooner. I've been feeling under the weather with a virus, but never fear! The battles must go on!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Okay, I finally posted. GC and I collaborated on the battle, so I hope everyone enjoys! Also, Nation, are you still with us?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 pm

*uses necromancy*

I really want to join this one! It looks really well thought out. Nation seems to be out (?) so I'll wait until he's back to get the CS in but it looks fantastic!
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down