FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Pokémon! •

+6
Ragter the junior greeter
Mattipus
Ehoron
Gadreille
Ominous Flare
Fate Flyer
10 posters

Go down

• Pokémon! • Empty • Pokémon! •

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:01 am

• Pokémon! • Pokemon-logo-bkgrnd

(While we have this thread to discuss the 3 different anime monster shows, I think Pokemon is big enough and deserving enough to have its own thread to discuss everything in. ;D)

So how many other Poké-nerds are out there besides me? Laughing I've loved this show since I was about 10, when it came out, and granted I was a little older, but I was still young enough to ride the bus to school and trade Pokémon cards or monsters in the Gameboy games with the other kids.

Just recently, I picked up the Pokémon Platinum game for the DS, and I'm having a lot of fun getting re-addicted.

So, which Pokémon are your favorites? What would your team of six be?

My team changes frequently, but it would probably be:
1. Espeon (Sol) ♀
2. Luxray (Thunder) ♂
3. Pidgeot (Squall) ♂
4. Butterfree (Zephyr) ♂
5. Vaporeon (Tempest) ♂
6. Flareon (Cinder) ♀

In parentheses are the nicknames I give them. ^^ I like to give my Pokémon names, since I think it's odd they all should be referred to as their species name lol. It's weird when you think about it, no?

I really love the original 150 best, for the most part. At least, there are more Pokémon from that generation that I like more than any other.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

• Pokémon! • Empty Re: • Pokémon! •

Post by Ominous Flare Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:00 pm

...Wow. When I saw the title, I was so ready to bash this page, then restrain myself so that I won't be kicked out from another forum again.

What's rarer than a Legendary Pokemon would possibly be a Pokemon fan that likes Digimon at the same time. I could go on but, this is not what the thread is for...

I used to be a fan, but then the heat between the two series got so intense I started to take a side, especially when one of them got my interest more than the other. Unfortunately, the side I took wasn't a winning one. I was considered a loser for supporting a show that nobody in my class watches, add that to the many people Pokemon fans (a Pro-Pokemon Anti-Digimon Petition, anyone?) on the Internet that bashes the anime, and you get this little boy hating Pokemon for the rest of his life.

End of rant.

~ Flare
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:20 pm

I used to watch it with my brothers, but got lost after the original 150. confused

My imaginary team of 6:

Dragonair
Mew
Eevee
Kabuto
Ditto
Lapras
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Lol no one I know in real life likes Pokémon or Digimon, at least not that I am aware of, so I'm kind of like a dork all on my own. Laughing I really couldn't care less too about any feuding between shows. It's all just trivial to me. If you like one more than the other, then that's natural and to be expected, but I don't think it should be shunned to dislike both. There are lots of anime monster shows and things, and they all take different ideas from one another. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just enjoy them! ^_^ So, pfft.

Aww, that's awesome, Ryona! Very Happy I wish my brother would have watched the show with me! Lol I'd have to force him to. But yeah, it got really overwhelming when they introduced so many more. I love your team! Mew is definitely one of my favorite Pokémon. <3
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Well, as much as I would like to accept your optimistic idea, Fate Foretold, Pokemon still gave me a reason not to like it, and that's its repetitive story ideas throughout all the seasons after the third one (Johto League-something, I believe it was called). As I wrote, I used to like it back then. Heck, my favorite was Charizard (just as my favorite Digimon is Agumon - I have an interest for fire types), and I ever enjoyed Ash Ketchem (otherwise known as Satoshi in Japan, I think) as a character, had a crush on Misty (or was her Satoshi...?), and really enjoyed the battles overall.

I even sang along to the opening theme songs. My favorite was the one from the fourth season. It was genius of them to remix the first season theme song just as the Japanese anime has done so for their fourth season theme song. Heck, even the opening songs in later seasons were decent. I kind of enjoyed the one from Advanced Generation and that one titled as Unbeatable. My second favorite theme song was the one from Advanced Challenge. Shame that they didn't increase the miniature length of either of my favorite opening themes.

Back then, I literally have a bucket load of Pokemon cards. I know it fills a bucket because I threw them away in a wastebucket. They were fakes anyway, and I was starting to outgrow them (tired of them, rather). You can never get a real Shining Charizard in my status, only a fake one.

I got kinda disappointed when Misty left the gang, and by the time what little of my interest towards the series came back, it was already Advanced Generation, without Misty. But, that's in the past and I'm sailing a different ship now, so it matters little, I guess. They should seriously reconsider about changing the plot of the feature movies once in a while though. The last thing we need is another Pokemon attacking some shit.

~ Flare
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:48 pm

As soon as I get the money, I'm getting a DS and finally getting all the Pokemon I need to be seen so I can get my Eevee and the national dex so I can trade over all my FireRed Pokemon to Platinum [which is the one I plan on getting]. Once that is complete, I'll trade in the DS Lite and all of my old GBA games plus some other things to get a DSi. Of course, ifI get this job at Gamestop, I'll get a discount. : D

Anyway...Dream team!

Arcanine
Umbreon
Houndoom
Suicune
Mightyena
Luxray

--
Note: Most of my Pokemon are Canine based. Besides Luxray of course.
I'm very picky about my Pokemon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:00 pm

What amuses me is that they're trying to get Piplup to become the new Pokemon mascot. It's quickly becoming the Scrappy.

For my team, it was definitely a Knock-Your-Lights-Out-Wow-'Em team.

Charizard
Nidoking
Lucario
Raichu
Gengar [Shiny]
Umbreon

What I always enjoy doing is taking a Pokemon and giving them one "surprise" move that would specifically counter that Pokemon's weakness. For instance, my Charizard has Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Solar Beam, and Flamethrower.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattipus Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:52 pm

I am saddened to say that my childhood was deprived of Pokemon for the most part. Though I did watch the occasional episode every now and again, it never had a great impact. I never owned a game-boy so I didn't play the game until quite recently.

That said, I did have an interest in the associated card game. They were banned at my primary school, which made them something of an 'illegal item'. The first cards I ever owned were the contents of a booster pack which was left over from the jumble sale at the school, and I worked my way up from there, trading with my peers just outside the school gates or on the way back home. I recall trading a holographic Venomoth for a Rattata and a Machoke... ah, I had no idea how foolish I was at the time.

But yes, anyway... like Ryona, I've been somewhat restricted to the original 150 Pokemon.

Dream Team is as follows:

Venomoth
Zapdos
Cloyster
Ninetails
Tauros
Alakazam

Not necessarily the most uber-awesome-powerful team, but one which is quite versatile, methinks.
Mattipus
Mattipus
Mist
Mist

Male

http://mjsawyer137.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:49 pm

Ah...Pokemon, I still do enjoy it, though I haven't watched the anime in ages...it just got too repetitive, like others have stated over and over.

As for my team...eh, I don't really remember it. I have my old, OLD, copy of Red lying around somewhere, but am far too lazy to go looking for it..as for my other teams..I can barely remember. I do remember that one of my most favorite pokemon is Glaceon though, just for..well, I dunno why I like it.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenroses Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 pm

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver/Crystal. I wanted to play Diamond/Pearl but I never got my hands on a copy. Now I'm patiently awaiting the release of Heart Gold/Soul Silver in the US.

My ideal list:
Raichu
Dragonair
Espeon
Piplup
Vulpix
Nidoqueen
ravenroses
ravenroses
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:16 pm

I want Heart Gold and Soul Silver SOOOOOO badly! D:

Like...its not even funny how bad I want those games.
I'd prefer Soul Silver, but both would be epic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Anaris wrote:I want Heart Gold and Soul Silver SOOOOOO badly! D:

Like...its not even funny how bad I want those games.
I'd prefer Soul Silver, but both would be epic.

I'm so mad about that game! I feel like such a nerd for saying this, but they replaced Kris!! For some weird looking girl in overalls!

[insert rage over girl]

Kris was so much better. Gold and Crystal were my first Pokemon games (actually, TGC was but I don't count it with the colored series) so they're basically replacing one of my childhood memories!

):
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Oh! Anyone here every contracted Pokerus?

And I would squee over either one. I liked Silver and Gold. Never played Crystal.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:26 pm

There was a time when I used to have all of them (RBY,GSC,Pinball and TCG). But then my brother traded them for other games. I got majorly pissed.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Ewww!!!

I don't like her...

I'm so going to be a boy...

I want them to come out with a Pokemon game where you can customize your character. That'd be majorly epic.

@Ehoron
As for Pokerus?

Care to explain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 pm

@Anaris: That would be pretty cool. I found this thing and was messing with it for a couple of hours. It's really addicting mainly cause I like anything where you can customize things. That's why I like The Sims so much. =X

I always loved drawing trainers and stuff. It's so cool. =D
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Alright.

Gold and Silver introduced to us the concept of Shiny Pokemon. Finding them, besides the scripted Red Gyarados, is incredibly rare, around 1/8192 [Though the workings of determining a Pokemon's Shininess changed from Gen II to III and IV, the chance remains the same.]

There is something in the games, also starting in Gen II, called Pokerus. The odds of a Pokemon contracting it are about a THIRD of encounting a Shiny Pokemon.

When you go to a Pokemon Center to heal, you get this message;

“Your Pokémon may be infected with Pokérus.
Little is know about the Pokérus except that they are microscopic lifeforms that attach to Pokémon.
While infected, Pokémon are said to grow exceptionally well.”

Basically, all it does is double the EVs of Pokemon. It runs its course in two days, after which a Pokemon is "cured", while still retaining the EV boost. In that time, it's possible for an "infected" Pokemon to spread it to another within your party.

You know a Pokemon had the virus because a . is added after their name [in Gen II and III], or a small smiley face [In Gen IV]
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:37 pm

@Sunni :: EPIC!

@Erohon:: Duuuude....That'd be cool....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Lawl

Smiley face.

Other than the Gyarados, I found a shiney Rattata, Hunter, and Poliwhirl.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:45 pm

@Sunni: Shush. Just shush. [And I think you mean Haunter. Very Happy ]
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:46 pm

I've never found a shiny pokemon...

D:

I want to when the new games come out or I get Platinum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Anaris, what would be even more epic then being able to customize your own character would be an actual Pokemon MMO...but alas, I doubt it'll ever happen Sad
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:56 pm

There are plenty of non-official Pokemon MMO. At least, I've seen ADS of them. I don't know if they actually work.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Karali Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Oh man I loev Pokemon. I just can't wait for the Gold/Silver remakes... Well, in English. I downloaded the Japanese ROM of Gold but it's not really as fun when you can't read what's being said. Dx

I don't really have a big team of Pokemon or anything, since my team always changes per game and I don't play competitively or anything.

My favourite pokemon is Raichu though lolol.
Karali
Karali
Mist
Mist

Female

http://rheah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Here's a few cards I made:

Eevee Evolution Team

• Pokémon! • 541412072e