FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!)

+3
Kaislynn
Fate Flyer
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your religion?

Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele1018%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 18% 
[ 3 ]
Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele1041%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 41% 
[ 7 ]
Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele106%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 6% 
[ 1 ]
Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele1018%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 18% 
[ 3 ]
Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele106%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 6% 
[ 1 ]
Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele100%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele100%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Votele1011%Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Voteri10 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Empty Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!)

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Wed May 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi, my name is Ylanne!

Looking for:
Literate/advanced roleplayers to commit to a long term roleplay in the modern/realistic genre, with dark themes, absolutely no cybering, with well-developed, unique, and dynamic characters.

P.S. To creator of this site: I highly suggest changing the color scheme to a lighter background with darker text. The current color scheme is very hard on my eyes.

:EDIT: I forgot to include Wicca and Shinto in my post! I am so sorry! Sad

Last edited by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Have removed old and inaccurate information)
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Empty Re: Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!)

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi, and welcome, Ylanne! Happy to have here, especially after having to endure the lack of quality at your old board. Hope you find you prefer this place better. Smile

You have amazing tastes in food and drink! I share a lot of the same dislikes as you, too (color, animal, subject, author..).

Your field of study is impressive and very interesting as well.

I'm sorry I can't say more, but I'm actually in class right now (lol). I feel as if we'll certainly get along though, and I look forward to RPing with you!

EDIT: Oh, and I'm sorry that the color scheme is hard on your eyes. I'll consider it. Thanks for the input.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!) Empty Re: Glad to be here! (Thanks for the invitation!)

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Wed May 20, 2009 10:32 pm

You sent me a message, as Treali Storm, on Roleplay Gateway. Who gave you my name?
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Yes, I did. Oh, no one gave me your name. I was simply scouting out for role-players who I thought might enjoy this place.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Wed May 20, 2009 11:00 pm

I see. Smile Just curious. . . what post of mine did you see, or did you randomly click my username?
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Hey all! I see no one other than Fate Foretold has seen this thread, so here I am (again)!
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Welcome to FOG.
Enjoy your stay here.
:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Hey Very Happy Welcome Smile
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Hey Kaislynn! Smile
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Welcome to FoG! I believe that I, officially, know more about you than any other user on here. Save for maybe Anaris, since she's my e-bestie and all that....

Enough rambling! Seems like you've got some epic credentials on your "resume," so I believe I'll be seeing you around the boards! Especially if you decide to do a crime RP. I'm yer man for that kind of RP Wink
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Gunneh do I know you from somewhere else?
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:16 pm

I don't believe so. Unless you're also a member of The Writing Block or Roleplayer Guild lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Nope, neither. Then how do you officially know more about me than anyone else, considering Eternity and I roleplayed together before on another site together? Smile Have you been poststalking me?
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:22 am

Nope...I was totally going off of the resume that you posted at the top XD
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:36 am

That was a very interesting introduction. It was extremely descriptive. I now feel as if I could write a biography on your life XD

Anywho, welcome to FOG. As for my religion, I fancy myself a Baptist Christian.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:46 am

Welcome to the community Yianne! What a brilliantly descriptive introduction! Smile

As for the poll, I would have to admit I am agnostic, although I doubt I would ever believe in the Bible, despite the 10 Commandments being a healthy code to live by. However, religion is a very different subject that I won’t get into here, or if I can help it, at all! :p
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:43 am

I don't like religion. I like Jesus.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Tempest wrote:As for the poll, I would have to admit I am agnostic, although I doubt I would ever believe in the Bible, despite the 10 Commandments being a healthy code to live by. However, religion is a very different subject that I won’t get into here, or if I can help it, at all! :p

Tempest pretty much said it right there for me as well, hehe.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Religion: responsible for mass-brainwashing, political schemes, mass murder, genocide, hatred, intolerance, wars. . . .

That's why I don't like religion.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:05 pm

We appear to be in concurrence Yianne.
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Yep! I never think of 'converting' anyone to my 'religion'. First off, I don't have a religion, and converting people?! Since when was that possible? I just follow Jesus as best I can (which is pretty dismally, considering he said turn the other cheek, and love your enemies, and I can get pretty angry). All I want is to live a life pleasing to God, meaning to love others, and be a kind and compassionate person. . . not to do kind things but to BE kind. Make sense? Well. . . anyways.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:41 pm

I really like your attitude toward this subject a lot, YIanne. Smile I think that's a wonderful way to think.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Oh, um. Thank you? I think?
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:51 pm

I don't necessarily believe in God, the Christian one or any other. I believe 'his' described form of 'personality' is far too human. On the subject of Jesus I am not sure at all so I won't comment. To me, God is more of a concept which can be portrayed through human actions, as is the Devil.

Regardless, I will always strive to be kind to my fellow human being and think about their perspective when I am forced to make decisions.
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:56 pm

I believe in God. Not the "Christian" God, but a God which transcends all human understanding, especially that of religion.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

One that is bereft of all human traits, like greed, contempt, jealousy, yet understanding at the same time? One who doesn't massacre the entire population of the Earth on a whim? One who doesn't favour relatively small groups of people before discarding them from his favour?

If so, sounds good to me.
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Jealousy/Greed: El Qanna. This term refers to righteous 'jealousy' that arises when a relationship, such as that between spouses, is violated.

Contempt: God, at least based on my understanding of God (assuming that this is correct of course), being perfect and good, has utter contempt for evil or sin.

Favoring small groups of people: Not to say God plays 'favorites' the way you say of a teacher or politician. The idea that the Israelites were "Chosen people" refers to the idea that they were supposed to exemplify good traits such as humility and live lives devoted to God. (They failed.)

Discarding them from his favor: Again, there isn't the 'favor' you think of when you hear this term. And God, my understanding of Him, does not 'favor' one person or people over another.

Massacre the entire population of the Earth on a whim: Hey, I don't have all the answers. Smile Never said I did. Just offering some thoughts. But while I'm at it, it wasn't a whim. And also, I don't claim to understand everything or anything at all.

In fact, my whole philosophy of belief system starts with one premise: I know nothing.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:26 pm

If I believe in a God, and I believe that God created humans, then how could said God not understand inherently human traits? (assuming the two premises are true?)
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:49 am

Well he would have to if he created us, wouldn't he? Razz

Good points above, I'm glad we agree.

I'm curious though, do you believe in evolution?
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Hmm. . . not sure, actually. I definitely believe God created man and earth and whatnot. HOW and HOW LONG I don't know or claim to know. But hey, science comes from the Latin word "scientas" which means "knowledge". And without the faith that knowledge exists or the faith to pursue it where would we be? Likewise without that knowledge there cannot be the faith that it exists.

As a woman with Asperger's syndrome and a crime writer, I cannot help but be fascinated with science. Science has worked miracles and made modern medicine, psychology, forensics, and so much more possible. And science definitely points to an earth many millions of years old, and to evolution. But is there definitive proof of evolution? If so, I have yet to see it. Likewise, there is no definitive proof of NO evolution.

Like I said, I don't claim to have all the answers and never will. But hey, there you go. Smile (You asked.)
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next