FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Glory

2 posters

Go down

Forum Glory Empty Forum Glory

Post by Count Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 am

Hello, all! I am the ever-audacious and one-billion-WPM typist The Count! This will be my first RP on the site, and I have high hopes for it.

As you may have guessed if your I.Q. is anywhere above three hundred, or if you're a naturally lucky person, this RP is based on the internets. Specifically, FoG. See, there's been a massive data hole that turned the site into a portal to the Foggy Dimension, and everyone who logs on is sucked into the site and placed into their forum account, which isn't just text now; it's a whole new form, complete with abilities and weaponry. And a Shade, which was assigned to you upon your arrival.

Which would be pretty sweet if the only way to escape was to defeat the countless villains (and even some of the heroes!) in all of the RP's on the site. Pretty deadly, neh? And before you even think of the idea, since everyone who logs on to the site is absorbed into the system, there's no way to nerf or defeat the villains beforehand! Agh!

I'll be making up the villains as we go along. Don't worry, not all of the RP's will be represented, so you're not going to be facing a nigh-godlike villain from an RP with a thousand heroes and one big bad villain. No hordes, just him.

In the middle of this RPocalypse (you say it like Are-Pocalypse, in case you were confused) shines a beacon of hope. Eight keys, one for each basic element (Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Ice, Energy, Light, Dark) lie hidden somewhere on the site. If these keys can be assembled, then they will combine into the Master Key, which can unlock the Fairly Overpowered Gate, known as the FOGate, and allow the players to enter and leave the site at their leisure. If the monsters/villains get the Keys? Well, then they get to enter and leave at their leisure. High stakes? I should think so.

And when does this cataclysm start? Why, right now.

tl;dr: Big problem. Find eight keys, keep them from monsters. Forum Account=Character Name. Not Caligo.

How to Apply: Ah, here's where the fun part starts. Allow me to explain.

When you are sucked into the site, you do not look as though you are a thirty-five year old enormously fat troll sitting in his mom's basement RP'ing in Star Trek or whatever fat trolls in their mom's basements do in their spare time. Not that any of you look like that, of course!

When you are sucked into the site, you are granted special perks as an advanced RP'er and granted a fabulous new appearance! And a Shade, but that was already stated.

We aren't going to go overboard on the online appearance/abilities/squid, but I'd prefer that online be one of three genres.

Fantasy: This includes magic. Yeah...wizards, warriors, thieves in the night, etc. Dragons and creatures of fantasy are not included. They go-shhhh! Not supposed to talk about that yet.

Mecha/Sci-Fi: This is the machine one. If you have a fabulous suit of armor or are a general machine, you go here. Toasters not recommended, mecha-squid slightly better. Avoid using the actual names of guns; this makes me look them up. And I'm lazy. So just use the obvious ones, explain what it is/does, or do without. Another alternative is just to describe it and say it is a "gun" or "laser".

Creature: Do you look like an animal? Obviously you might want to be an armored, talking animal, both of which would place you firmly outside both categories listed above. Or, you might want to be a whatchamacallit (deliberately not using the word furry) and stand on two legs.

Or you could be a dinosaur. Fun!

Animals not allowed: Anything canine, avian, or feline. Because your shade would look like you, and that would make you mad, and then you'd try to kill it, and you'd die. Anything that's canine, avian, or feline, but suitably humanoid or squid-oid, will blur that line and might be accepted.

So! Without further ado!

Name: Your forum name. Because you're playing as your forum account. Feel free to list nicknames if you wish.
Category: Because it's important.
Shade: Derp. This includes Species, Name, and Ability. Don't list it choppily; use complete sentences and chew each mouthful twenty times.

Appearance: Your general appearance. Stick to your category!

Weaponry: Because I'm evil and I want you to have a difficult time deliberately avoiding the mention of your giant sword strapped to your back in the Appearance section. This is also like the Spells section for Mecha; describe your weaponry in the format below, under Spells.

Skills/Abilities: Not Spells! That comes later. This is for natural abilities that aren't spells. And so that those who are Creature or (but associate with) Mecha aren't stuck with a Spells section.

Spells: For those who need them. Fantasy should have at least one spell, even if it's a warrior who feels as though he doesn't need magic and thus has a hair-combing spell. Mecha, delete this category.

Example - Count demonstrates the proper format for a spell, complete with line breaks above and below.

Other: Because I may have left something out. And I would hate to have you know what it is and unable to tell me because I left out the "Other" section. Or, if there's something that's relevant to only you! And thus cannot have a category.

Here's the template!
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Category:[/b]
[b]Shade:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Weaponry:[/b]

[b]Skills/Abilities:[/b]

[b]Spells:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]
Fabulous. Are you ready to jump in? No! Not yet!

>I apologize for the inconvenience, but your session timed out. Please insert 3 Notifications of Interest or Praise to continue the explanation of this RP.

>Thank you, and have a nice day.<
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Forum Glory Empty Re: Forum Glory

Post by Airedar Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:04 am

Dayum this is some sexy idea you gone done dreamed up there, Count. You must go through a lot of keyboards.
Airedar
Airedar
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down