FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477!

+6
Bird of Hermes
Gunneh
Gadreille
Mojave Wanderer
Lord Revan
Fate Flyer
10 posters

Go down

Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477! Empty Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477!

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:53 am

Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477! WelcomeStaff

Please join me in formally welcoming Kathryn Lacey and Marcus2477 to our staff!

For those of you who have been with us on FoG for any amount of time should know our long-time member, Kathryn Lacey. She and I have known each other for years now, and the both of us originally came from another role-playing message board. I have the utmost respect and admiration for Kathryn, as not only is she an eloquent role-player, but she's also an intelligent person and a great friend.

She will be joining Axiom Awaits and I as an Administrator, though this will just be her trial run or her initiation period, if you will. She will be testing out the position for an indefinite amount of time, and if she so decides that it is not for her or if we should decide so, she will simply return to being an ordinary member. If she should make it through this preliminary period however, then we will welcome her more permanently into our staff ranks.

In addition, Kathryn will be adopting a speciality as an Administrator. Much as Axiom's forte includes working behind the scenes on the technical side of running the message board, Kathryn will focus her attention to providing her much esteemed feedback and counsel, operating in a capacity such as to be our adviser of sorts. We have always valued and respected her opinion, and now she has agreed to provide us with such so as to help support FoG!

Some of you may be aware that I have contacted Kathryn Lacey before about holding a staff position, and each time she has respectfully declined. This was the third time in our two years of existence that I approached her, and I am very much anticipating working with her.

Although new to FoG, Marcus2477 is someone Axiom Awaits and I both work with over on my other message board (Star Wars: CelestiaLights). He has, in just a short amount of time, proven how not only willing but capable he is with helping to run things and handle situations as they arise. I feel very confident in his abilities and him as a person, and I'm happy that we met.

He will be joining us as our new Out of Character Moderator and plans on being active within those forums. Much like Kathryn, his feedback and advice are pleasantly refreshing and greatly appreciated. We're very much looking forward to working together here as well!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477! Empty Re: Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477!

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:27 am

Thank you Fate, for the kind words. I enjoy working with you over st SWCL, and am looking forward to my time here as well. I am happy I got to know you as well as the other mods from SWCL that are also Mods and members here. I hope I will live up to your expectations and I will work hard to make everyone's time here an enjoyable one.

I would also like to say hello to Kathryn Lacey and welcome her to the staff as well. I know I am new here and haven't met you yet, but since we both became staff members at the same time I wanted to say hi.

Marc

Last edited by Marcus2477 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a welcome.)
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477! Empty Re: Two additions to the staff - Kathryn Lacey & Marcus2477!

Post by Mojave Wanderer Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:40 am

Congratulations! (Not sure if that was to soon) cheers

I'm glad Kathryn finally moved up to the staff because she has been a dedicated member for a long while!

I don't really know marcus but I'm sure if he was picked for position on the staff he deserves it!

I'm sure you will both serve FoG well! Very Happy
Mojave Wanderer
Mojave Wanderer
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 am

Congrats to the both of you! cheers
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks Ryona and Mojave. While I don't know either of you yet, I am looking forward to getting to know you. If either of you needs anything or just wants to talk, feel free to contact me.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 pm

I really was wondering why Kathryn hadn't had a moderator's position so far XD If I remember correctly, she was one of our (Weiss and myself) top candidates for an In Character mod about a year back while Fate was gone, but I think she turned us down for it at the time.

Anyway, congratulations to the both of you are in order! IT'S TIME FOR MUSIC!

Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks Gunneh, for the welcome and the song. It was good getting to meet you over in the Chat. I look forward to getting to know you and helping out if needed.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Welcome to the Staff!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks again Bird!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Arrrggghh! 'Tis a jolly good party in here, me mateys! Drink up and welcome aboard the finest crew of the seven forums (which be a joke, lads, there are obviously more than seven of them hardy fools out there wantin' to steal me booty)!

Pirate Captain Pirate Drink Pirate Gun Pirate Patch
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Fate. I have enormous amounts of respect toward you and several years of friendship with you, so I look forward to helping with something that you've created and I've loved for the last two years. ^^_^^

Marcus, I sincerely look forward to working with you. You've obviously earned a lot of respect from Fate and Axiom which is enough to sell me on the idea that I'll enjoy working with you. I hope we can get to know each other better through FoG and our staff duties.

Mojave, thanks. I'm glad people are really open to the idea of my being a staff member. I expected people would generally be fine with it, but I didn't think they'd be so enthusiastic about it. heheh

Ryona, thanks! ^^_^^

Gunneh, yeah. You and Weiss were the second invite into the Staff Ranks that I received, and I turned it down because I didn't feel like I could do as good a job as I felt I should do. I tend to be really thorough and occasionally overwhelm myself with everything I feel I need to do. I'm not perfect, and I don't expect myself to be, but I expect to do the best job I can, and if I don't feel I'm doing that, I don't want to try. It's one of my major faults.

However, Fate convinced me this time around, and the idea of a trial period was what really had me. It's a way for me to really immerse myself in the duties and get used to them before I feel bound to the job. In that sentence, bound should not have a negative connotation; I just couldn't think of a better word.

Thanks for your support, though!

Bird, thanks!

Ghost, sorry, man! I don't drink on the job. I have to make a good first impression. ^o_~^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:09 pm

I have a lot of respect for Fate and Axiom too. I agree that if you are good friends with Fate, i am sure we will work well together, and enjoy our time here at FoG.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Woo, new buhlod! *thhhhhp* ^vv^

Welcome to the Staff, Kathryn and Marcus! cheers
Looking forward to lots of good times. Wink

Good thinking with that trial period, Fate. xD
Great to have you aboard, Kathryn! High Five

And Marcus! Anyone who likes Star Wars and is a friend of Fate and Axiom is bound to fit right in. Thumbs Up

Welcome again, you two! cheers

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Congrats to both of you! I am sure you will do great Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks, Kalon and Silvone!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks Kalon and Silvone. I seem to be fitting in already, which is great!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Oooh, new staff. I am about a week late on this, but better late than never!

Congrats, Kathryn, I know you'll do an amazing job!

Marcus, I don't really know you well, but you sound really cool, so I know you'll also do a fantastic job!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks, Dax! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks Dax! I hope to live up to your expectations, and also to get to know you!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down