FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OoC] Days to Come

+5
Dax
The Ghost Writer
Gadreille
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[OoC] Days to Come - Page 2 Empty Re: [OoC] Days to Come

Post by Rootworker Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:36 am

And I guess I should add my additional characters.
Ridley Crow is the infamous underground legend known for his unspeakable sorcery. He had few allies and many enemies. Many of his comrades betrayed him in attempt to steal some of his untold secrets of power. Five years ago, he utterly vanished without a trace, leaving his cane and for Fevlov--as a parting gift, it seemed--a feather. Nobody knows how old he was, but insightful sources guess at just over 600 years.
Edelwulf was one of Crow's most forward opponents. Indeed, the reason that Edelwulf still lives at all is his tactful subtlety, always waiting and watching, taking action only when opportunity reveals itself. Edelwulf has little real skill for spell craft and so naturally he relies on the designs of others to carry out his plans. His shadow, an inklaw, was killed protecting him from Crow.
Mischa Lusche is Fevlov's completely estranged and unknown older sister. I don't have much to say about her but that she wears an eye-patch on account of losing her right eye, suffers from memory loss, and her shadow is a grimalkin.

Rootworker
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm very much so interested in this. However, I feel there's something I'm missing. Either something I need to read or don't understand. If joined I like to join as (what I believe is known as) an "outside" someone not from the island...

That possible?
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Agenda -- Feel free to post more and to develop the story on your end further!

Rootworker -- Good song choice! I love Enya and that Storms in Africa song. I actually have it on my iTunes. Very Happy Also, other aliens could be interesting. The Provectus aren't exactly supposed to return to the island, but perhaps other offworlders will (maybe even come to inspect the "experiement" that is Caligo). Thanks for posting some details on your characters as well!

Hello Danger -- Other than reading the first post of this OoC thread and the Caligo information, there isn't anything that you should be missing. If you have questions though, don't hesitate to ask! You may join as an outsider too if you wish. If they are living on the island now, they are referred to by the locals as a drifter. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:24 pm

I'll be PMing you an idea Wink
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:07 pm

I have a question before I finish my character sheet and start on my first post: Around what year did the aftermath section of the Caligo tale happen?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:28 pm

That's a good question, Hermes! All I can say is it was thousands of years ago, probably around two to three thousand years back or so. We can make up a specific date if we want for the purpose of the RP.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:00 pm

In order to build a background for G22, I've created a mini-series of sorts in the Written Works and Journalism section here. I hope this will assist in eventually understanding G22's motives inside the role play.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

This role-play is so interesting to me already! I'm really looking forward to seeing where we take it.

I've been tired up with other matters around the board, but I'd like to get up a follow-up post to mine as well, since there's more I had in mind to include, even when I posted the RP that I simply decided to include in a subsequent post. I think that'll also help get the ball rolling with the festival so people have a better idea of where to start off with their first posts. No rush!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:47 pm

My lord, procrastination is so evil.

I have been wanting to sit down and write up the post for a week now, but I was always like *OHHOHOHOHOH HOCKEY GAME!* or *OHOHOHOHOHOHO WORK!*.

Well, now that I think about it... there is another hockey game tonight... but whatever, I swear I will get my post up this weekend! Cool
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:41 pm

So, I've fully read through the IC and the OoC, and I believe I want to join this with my main character, Kaliska. I haven't fully finished her character sheet, but there's a specific way I'm going to do it for this game. I've decided that her current age and all of the current stuff is based during the time of Caligo's main theme, and in her biography, I'll post a "the future" section and timeline to catch it up to the "Days to Come" setting.

Really, the "future" part of her biography is all I have left to complete, and I can form a post after that.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:51 pm

It's alright, Dax. Whenever you can is fine! :]

Kathryn, that's awesome!! I'm really excited you'll be joining. That sounds perfect to create a section of your biography for the future for the purpose of this RP. Yes, and that's true -- all you really need to complete is that future potion for us to get a better idea of who she is. I linked to her already though in the first post of this OoC thread.

I look forward to reading about her! (I love the picture.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeah. I just want to say like... what she did during the war and all that fun stuff. I'm going to make it so she wasn't the shining example of a paladin during it. ^o_~^ So much fun. hee hee

Also, yeah, that picture seemed the most fitting for my character. I think it was partly because of the hairstyle I had in it. Strangely, I actually had to lighten my hair in that picture because the camera and the lighting made my hair look darker than it really is. Then again, I hadn't had much sun at the point when that picture was taken, and I've had significantly more lately, so that could be part of it.

Anyway, sounds good that she's already linked in the first post.

Oh! Speaking of links, do you think it would be a good idea to link the information about the Provectus ((and maybe even Ghost's G22 data and the IC link)) in the first post for easy access?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 pm

I am going to do my best to get a post up by the weekend.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Cool post, Kathryn! I like her Assassin's Creed style of getting around. Cool

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Oh! Speaking of links, do you think it would be a good idea to link the information about the Provectus ((and maybe even Ghost's G22 data and the IC link)) in the first post for easy access?

I like that idea. I've got the ability to edit the post; but it's Fate's call and her post, so I won't step on any toes.

And no worries, Hermes; whenever you can is just fine with us. I'm occupied with building the G22: Unclassified series in the meantime, so I'm not worried about a slow pace.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

I actually deleted my post because I was really unhappy with it. She's still going to stick with the parkour, but I'm going to rewrite it to make it more interesting.

I'm glad you like it, though! I kind of based it more off Cole McGrath's Infamous style of getting around, but it's pretty much the same thing as Assassin's Creed, just more modern with bigger buildings. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:29 pm

The Ghost Writer wrote:Cool post, Kathryn! I like her Assassin's Creed style of getting around. Cool

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I kind of based it more off Cole McGrath's Infamous style of getting around,,,

I...love you guys.

Very Happy <3 Totally amazing.

I noticed that you got a post up Kathryn, but saw it was gone when I went to read it, so I figured you just were rewriting something or whatnot. That's fine though.

I also updated the initial post here for the information you suggested. Thank you for that! Smile

I have been meaning to get my own post up soon, as I'd like to include more information myself, but I have been distracted by my recent purchase of inFAMOUS 2 in my free time, truth be told. So, I will do my best to put that aside here to reply.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 pm

I <3 you, too, Fate. ^^_^^

I am rewriting it. Or rather... I will rewrite it tomorrow. I just haven't gotten around to it because there are two other role plays that sparked my interest for which I need to create characters. I already created my pirate for Ryona's sea-fairing role play, and now I need to create a witch for YenWen's Harry Potter-style role play.

However, YenWen's game is going to take so much research that I'll work on my Caligo post first because I already have all of that information in my head. ^^_^^

EDIT
I reposted. It's mostly the same, especially at the end, but I changed a little bit here and there, so I hope it's a bit more interesting. Because it's a combination of the new and old post, if there's anything that's weird or doesn't make sense in it, it could just be an error when I was combining them, so please, I would love it if you would let me know about it. That goes for grammatical errors, too. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 pm

I like the updated post, very much! The added dream (or nightmare) in the beginning was a great addition and definitely got me hooked on the post enough to gladly re-read it. I was actually disappointed it was only a dream. BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!! GAH! Hyper
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Is it just a dream, or a memory, or a combination of the two? Muahahah!

The other change I wanted to make was the sort of... exchange between Kaliska and Shyam. The first post I made was kind of... meh... I mean, why wouldn't Kaliska have thought of the autopilot hoverboard thing herself, you know? I mean, maybe if she was only as old as she looked, but she's a good deal older, sooooo yeah. That's something I'm going to have to keep in mind: she's a lot older, so she'll know more and think of more and have more life experience. That's not to say she can't have her moments of immaturity and fun!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm sure if you guys read the latest chapter of the Unclassified series and then re-read my first post in the IC thread (skip down to the part where the two meet Albatross over the fancy TV thing), you'll find something that just doesn't quite match up. Wink
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 am

Well, now that I'm back from my weekend in the Quad Cities, I finished reading your post, Kathryn. I also enjoyed the way she traveled! ^_^ Her and and her Shade's relationship is pretty cute, too.

I really want to get my next post up again this week.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm glad my post was enjoyed. ^^_^^

I look forward to reading more posts from everyone!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

Me too! ^^

I have a couple pages now typed in Word for my reply, but I'm still only just getting started lol. I want to introduce the Provectus/alien/"god" in this post a little as well.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:24 am

That sounds awesome! I really can't wait to see your vision of the Provectus in literary writing, but I have to wait, so I will. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:59 am

Oh my God.

That was nine pages typed in Word. I knew I wanted to say a lot, but jeez, I didn't think it would take that much writing. Finally, my second post is up! I haven't reread it all, so please excuse any errors or typos. I'm too tired now to double check everything lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am

Read all nine pages! Good Night

Very cool, Fate! I wonder how the Provectus is going to survive his wound.

I'm going to finish up my next chapter in the Unclassified series and then come back and probably create another follow-up post for Days to Come. As much as I hate to suggest it, I think we may to continue to press without Dax and Bird of Hermes. No
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 am

I still have to do a lot of reading before I can post here...also, I do believe all players get one month to post, so there is really no need to press on without anyone, unless they miss their one month mark. This is supposed to be slower paced, after all.

If the pace needs to be picked up, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 am

xD Thanks, Agenda. The Provectus just got pierced in the arm, so it's not fatal, but he will bleed. *ahem* Bread crumbs...

Well, the role-play was started on May 26, so the one month mark will be in 2 days time. I don't think it'll be considered picking up the pace if we stick to the one-month time limit I originally instated. Does that still work for you, Ryona?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Of course. I didn't realize it had already come and gone. I don't think Silvone will be getting a post up in time. He had been waiting on Bird of Hermes Sad

My post was on the 30th, so I plan to get my next one up by June 30th. I'm almost done reading, but I don't know if I can get any writing done today.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Ohh, that's too bad. Sad I suppose we can be lenient this first time around, especially with the FoG writing contest going on now as well (considering I still haven't received any entries for that yet). We'll allow until a week from today, July 1st, for anyone left to get their posts up. If they can't or simply don't want to anymore, then that's fine too, but the option is still there.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next